Carrara Challenge IX - “The Joke is on Me" WIP Thread is Open

123457»

Comments

• d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Well, I put in my second entry. We'll see how it does. :coolgrin:

Great job everybody! Thanks to kashyyyk for hosting it. Sorry your computer crapped out during the middle of the thing!

Thanks also to DAZ and Sadot for sponsoring this challenge!

Remember, if you've started something, hurry up and finish it! The more the merrier!

Thanks EP, I got the part and it's up and runnimg.

I was worried this extra week would be wasted, I'm glad I did it now, gives everyone extra time to get something in.

Nice work everyone, some real great entries so far, and remember you still have time to enter, and that voting will start on Monday.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

This was also part of my first joke.. but the amount of time it would take to get it finished was to much to make the deadline..

anyways.. it may get you thinking what a paint brush, paint tin and sheep have to do with a joke..

:coolsmirk:

x_sheep.jpg
    814 x 615 - 78K
    brush_and_can.jpg
    816 x 617 - 75K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    This was also part of my first joke.. but the amount of time it would take to get it finished was to much to make the deadline..

anyways.. it may get you thinking what a paint brush, paint tin and sheep have to do with a joke..

:coolsmirk:

I think there is still time!

edited December 1969

Threw together a terrain along with First Bastions rolling plains

added a surface replicator for some grass and a replicator for the sheep which is an exported object of the main Daz Sheep

Added hair onto the sheep and retextured the sheep skin to show the X :-)

sheepWiP.jpg
    800 x 526 - 384K
    edited December 1969

This is the final render before postwork which will be a simple brush using Ron’s splashes to add some detail to the paint and also DoF which was applied using layers in Photoshop Elements.

Kiwi_Sheep.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 719K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

ha ha that's very funny :)

edited December 1969

Interesting....

I added a volumetric cloud and now I get moire patterns on the sub when rendering the low-res version. I suspect it is the caustics, but I'll try the high res version and see what I get. I increased the shadow accuracy on the clouds, but as I said, I wonder if it's the caustics. If worse comes to worse, I can always render it in layers.

lol..

it was the joke I was thinking of... here in Oz red is also added...

What's long, red, hard and full of seamen..

A - A Russian Sub ;-)

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    heh, i am laughing :)

thanks Stezza, :)

here is my second wip (before post) and almost finished image (after post work) . House is floating in corner, but no one will notice. ;)

Joke is; "one snowman turns to another and says "do you smell (insert word here)...."

wow.. it could of been so cold that the dog was peeing ice cubes....

but, I guess it's a carrot... not that I seen it anywhere.. lol

edited December 1969

You guys are too funny!

edited December 1969

Ok, we are gettiing to the final stretch. 2 more days to get your submissions in! Judging starts in two days on Monday at 9pm eastern,

Lets all thank Daz and our sponsor Sadot http://www.daz3d.com/Sadot for their support of this challenge!

edited December 1969

OK we have about 7 hours until I change the submission thread to the vote thread.

Get your entry in now!

edited December 1969

Voting is now Open!!

Good luck to all of you who entered!!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Good luck ya' bums! ;-)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Hah, don't be cheeky evil :)