The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Installed PzDB to help with asset management, given I have close to 100GB of the stuff to deal with.

Looks good so far, should work a treat where the DS4.5 and PPro content managers don't cut it. I need all the help I can get, I have WAY too much stuff to keep in my head any more. :down:

Then laundry and more slug-work. The slug looks too normal.. time to resurface it! :snake:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

brewing coffee naos

i woke up so hungry feels like an empty lump in my tummy. not sure how empty lumps work, but thaz what it feels like.

do you ever cook up a bunch of hor-derves even though no one is coming over?
    chixfingers, mini weenie tots in blankets, a mini salad bar, french fries in cheese blanket
    crikey i haz no beer, wahh, not even winecoolers

HP marathon! good idea. i overseas ordered the amazon.uk version of the 'Philosopher's Stone'. had to change a dvd drive to region 2 to play it an had to keep it region 2. silly thing only allows 3 region changes.
    in the states, the movie is named the 'Sorcerer's Stone'.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited August 2012

r.e The Philosopher's Stone....
    No animation or story can beat Aladdin the Animated series in EPIC FAIL for how to create the stone: Tons of precious gems, some sand, a furnace, and a ton of magic to heat it.
    No animation or story (IMO) can beat Fullmetal Alchemist in EPIC AWESOME for how to create the stone: Sacrifice human lives with a specific alchemy array. (Minimum of five humans. More living humans sacrificed = larger stone = more power at your disposal.)
    I say "awesome" because they didn't try to pull any "flowery fluff magic" in it's creation - the stone is something serious and to be reckoned with. The stone in itself and its creation truly is a forbidden art. Bare minimum is sacrificing five humans - usually arranged on the five points in the circle. But in the series an entire country of over 1,000,000 people was sacrificed to make a single stone. Let that sink in for a moment. ^_^;

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

I tried looking for rent to own homes. I found one place that makes one pay a small fee just to see the listings. Sounds fishy to me.

...that's how I feel about those non refundable application fees. Nothing but a scam as they can deny you on a petty reference or credit technicality and pocket anywhere from 35 - 50$ for the effort

Excuse me 35 - 50$ to hit the net for maybe ten to fifteen minutes? Man, if I could make that kind of money for a few keystrokes and mouse clicks, I'm in the wrong business.

OK, Say rental agency A has a 600$ studio for rent and 20 people apply (it's pretty competitive here). They deny 19 of them in the course of say, a week and have an extra 665$ - 950$ in the pocket (basically they already made one month's rent+ on top of the hefty move-in fees they will charge to whoever is approved). What makes this even more shady is that a rental agency can accept one of the early applicants yet still keep the money for the ones they didn't evaluate yet since the fees were advertised up front as being "non-refundable".

Now multiply the above totals by say, ten properties (and that 's a small number for one of these corporate rental agencies) and that becomes a significant chunk of change.

If cities want to combat homelessness then tactics like this need to be made illegal. I could easily dump several hundred into just paying application fees and have nothing to show for it. Not an easy thing to do on my budget and it has been discouraging my search efforts to say the least.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny again, less than 30 sleeps until spring :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

I was at a laundry mat earlier today. I was hot and delirious. I tried posting to the forums with my iphone and failed several times.

Now I am tired. I am in a hotel with my mum.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Good morning! Dark and warm here (lol)! Finishing off a bedtime defcaf after watching "John Carter" (not too bad, loved the VFX). My Dad was a huge ERB fan and I read every Barsoom book I could get my hands on! Now I want to go back and re-read them again!

Deja Thoris could have kicked more butt, though. But that's just me.

"Wrath of the Titans" wasn't so bad, either, Amazon had it on sale for 99 cents for a 2-day rental! I saw that and the second Sherlock Holmes, wheee! Cheap movie fest weekend! I just wish I could eat popcorn.. sigh. I had Genoa salami as my movie snack.

Guess I'll have to load up the debit card with more money, looks like it's going to work out for everything that won't take Paypal! Heh, heh.

PzDB works a treat - somehow it knows what goes with Gen3 and Gen4 figures so it found all my V3 and V4 stuff and automatically grouped it! Amazing piece of software, well worth the $28 I paid for it. It found stuff I forgot I had installed... :red:

Giant Slug coming along, I applied pwEffect and now have a nicely radioactive-looking diesel-eating monster. Next up - screaming people! It's not a B Movie Poster if you don't have screaming people running for their lives!!! :vampire:

edited December 1969

the mayo jar has a recipe for Parmesan crust chix. i have all the ingredients cept the parmesan.
    no beer to make beer batter chix.
    everything will keep as leftovers cept the weener tots blankies. i'll have to eat it tonight.

worked half the day on a Miki3 render. it's still calculating sss.

installed Luxrender and the pose2lux pythie.

dang i could go for a toasted almond bar right now.

ooo, the precalcs are done. i see the buckets slowly moving :lol:

edited December 1969

livin after midnight, rockin to the dawn

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

pumpkin pie season is on the way. :)

edited December 1969

oh yeah livin after midnight, rockin ... zonkss

miki3 still rendering, buckets not even up to her tiara yet.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited August 2012

the mayo jar has a recipe for Parmesan crust chix. i have all the ingredients cept the parmesan.
    no beer to make beer batter chix.
    everything will keep as leftovers cept the weener tots blankies. i'll have to eat it tonight.

...mayo would be the death of me as I have a sensitivity to egg yolks. Not critical, but enough to make life incredibly miserable for a day or two.

Dang I want Merida's hair but it took Pixar (with their software and hardware) three years to design. The price would most likely make even Turbosquid look like a good deal.

Back it the "old days" I had a dear friend with almost the exact same long thick wild red hair (including the lock that fell across her forehead)..

...and she was a feisty Scotswoman to boot.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

oh yeah livin after midnight, rockin ... zonkss

miki3 still rendering, buckets not even up to her tiara yet.

There is life after midnight ? :)

edited December 1969

I was at a laundry mat earlier today. I was hot and delirious. I tried posting to the forums with my iphone and failed several times.

Now I am tired. I am in a hotel with my mum.

*hugs* Hoping you and Mum are OK :)

edited August 2012

ps1borg said:

Good morning! Dark and warm here (lol)! Finishing off a bedtime defcaf after watching "John Carter" (not too bad, loved the VFX). My Dad was a huge ERB fan and I read every Barsoom book I could get my hands on! Now I want to go back and re-read them again!

Deja Thoris could have kicked more butt, though. But that's just me.

"Wrath of the Titans" wasn't so bad, either, Amazon had it on sale for 99 cents for a 2-day rental! I saw that and the second Sherlock Holmes, wheee! Cheap movie fest weekend! I just wish I could eat popcorn.. sigh. I had Genoa salami as my movie snack.

Guess I'll have to load up the debit card with more money, looks like it's going to work out for everything that won't take Paypal! Heh, heh.

PzDB works a treat - somehow it knows what goes with Gen3 and Gen4 figures so it found all my V3 and V4 stuff and automatically grouped it! Amazing piece of software, well worth the $28 I paid for it. It found stuff I forgot I had installed... :red:

Giant Slug coming along, I applied pwEffect and now have a nicely radioactive-looking diesel-eating monster. Next up - screaming people! It's not a B Movie Poster if you don't have screaming people running for their lives!!! :vampire:

Likes John Carter as well. $6 to rent a movie for 24 hours here ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Curiosity landed, epic :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I just saw that - yaay! Can't wait until we start getting some cool pics! Maybe a few Tharks? :)

Or a sign that reads "EARTHLINGS GO HOME" heh!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yawn. What a day, what a day. Gonna be hot and humid again, so. :)

edited December 1969

Very chilly here, South wind and *gasp* snow expected in the hills later this week - a rare sight, most snow I saw came out of a machine :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I just saw that - yaay! Can't wait until we start getting some cool pics! Maybe a few Tharks? :)

Or a sign that reads "EARTHLINGS GO HOME" heh!

Just getting a one ton shiny there is quite an achievement, big toys :)

edited December 1969

weird shadow randomness :)

randomshadow.png
    749 x 575 - 345K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Keep getting this message on DA:

Content Encoding Error
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

What sucks is how often it's doing it. In my message center when trying to view a link to an upload, when trying to click on the uploads on other people's pages, and when trying to clcik on links to journals and such.
    edited December 1969

da moon is over Melbourne and the North Pole. la bella luna

when the moon is in the 7th house .. and jupiter aligns wid mars

120806.png
    701 x 399 - 147K
    edited December 1969

Miki 3 render finished in the wee dawn hours :)

mik1a.jpg
    800 x 580 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Four more sleeps until I have the money for my renderbeast, Scylla! :vampire: Then I have to decide.. get a second laptop to replace the current wheezy dual-core Pentium box, or make do with it as a Web surfing/ePublishing/movie watching/chat machine?

I suspect if I install my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OEM OS on it, it'll still be fine for basic work. Right now it's cluttered with the remains of video editing software, software development software, and who knows what kind of memory-consuming crap? A good reformat/reinstall might get it working "good enough" again and save me $$$$$.

Much to consider for the next few weeks! :-S

edited December 1969

urgh - soon I will have to delve into the Deep Mystery(tm) that is the Poser Material Room!

I need to figure out how to make Poser materials, things like volumetric gas and such to create ghosts and radoactive slugs - things I use pwEffect for in DS4.5. Either that or use PPro for other things and use DS4.5 and Carrara for FX-heavy shots.

Too much to learn! ! :gulp:

Found a nice diabetic cookbook for the Kindle on Amazon, reading it now in the Cloud Reader - maybe I'll do some grocery shopping on the way home! Dang, it's making me hungry! And do you know you can get sugar-free Oreo-type cookies that are also low carb? And sugar-free gummi bears? Cool! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

i've learned luxrender reads only basic poser materials, they have to be resetup in lux. it's like learning all over from scratch. for later though. will have to redo bookcovers again in a few years.

almost 15:00, time for a lil afternoon siesta.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

SUPER None Complaint: Threads are now moving to top!

And AVATARS!

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Yep, thread bumping has now been fixed.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969
This discussion has been closed.