The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2012

I put Micah outside but he came inside before I closed the door.

his girl and child are still inside and alive?

call the ASPCA, tell them you're schizophrenic and you need them to come pick up the cats.

crap, i'm having trouble finding an Aspca for richmond.

here's a shelter in richmond

http://www.yelp.com/biz/richmond-spca-richmond-2

2519 Hermitage Rd
    Richmond, VA 23219
    (804) 643-6785
    http://www.richmondspca.org

Mon 11 am - 4 pm
    Tue-Fri 11 am - 7 pm
    Sat 11 am - 6 pm
    Sun 12 pm - 5 pm

http://www.richmondspca.org/

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I put Micah outside but he came inside before I closed the door.

Please keep calling, don't do this. You have time until Monday, right?

I have to be out by Monday morning so I am leaving the apartment tomorrow. Mum is going to get a hotel room for her and me. She said she does not think it will help things if I bring the kitties to the hotel. It would just make things a bit more expensive.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

So then you have to just keep calling. See the addresses above.

edited August 2012

the site says they open at 12:00 tomorrow
    http://www.richmondspca.org/page.aspx?pid=259

can you drive the cats to there on your way tomorrow?

i'm emailing to all their email addresses to expect a homeless cat family tomorrow.
    i sent to their admissions office, volunteers, adoptions;
    that you are being evicted and that you will drop off 2 cats and a kitten tomorrow.

hopefully the group home can help you get on your feet again. it's nice you have your Mom and Grandma to help out.

edited December 1969

too bad there is no re-homing adoption centers for people. ... but, then, i wouldn't want to sleep in a kennel.

edited December 1969

I can sleep on the floor. All I need is a pillow to rest my head on.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

If i tried to get down on the floor I wouldn't be able to get back off it.

edited December 1969

too bad there is no re-homing adoption centers for people. ... but, then, i wouldn't want to sleep in a kennel.

I can sleep in a kennel. It would be nice if I could have a pillow and wick and my kindle. That is if I can fit in the kennel.

I thought of asking a particular neighbor but he is not home and there is a stop mail thing in his mailbox.

I wish I could move into a rent to own home tomorrow and keep my kitties forever while I slowly pay to own my own home. I do not need furniture as I can sleep on the floor with a brand new pillow.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I have been sleeping on the floor since I got the news I have been evicted. Tonight I will sleep on the floor. Mum probably won't let me sleep on the floor at the hotel.

I do not want to go to a group home. I do not know what else to do or go to.

edited August 2012

those inflatable beds aren't too bad.

not sure if it's good for a bad back.

there is such a thing as a rent to own home?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I have been sleeping on the floor since I got the news I have been evicted. Tonight I will sleep on the floor. Mum probably won't let me sleep on the floor at the hotel.

I do not want to go to a group home. I do not know what else to do or go to.

it's not forever, a temporary situation til you get everything sorted.
    if you don't have to work as many hours, you'll have more time for writing and rendering. :)

edited August 2012

Rezca said:
    It was over 100 yesterday in Ukiah valley. Thankfully I have a pool in the backyard. Well more of a jukzzi thingie however they're spelled, but it was nice and cool. :3
    It's very cloudy today, supposed to rain too (lolwut?). I wasn't in the pool as long this time, of course.

Niiiicceeee! :coolsmile: No pool here, closest public pool is 10 miles off. I could get a wading pool, but I'd end up redder than a lobster and twice as cooked! :bug:

Not a cloud in the sky, here. Argh.

*starts backup of Drive D: to new external HD*

egg yolks again?

untitled11.png
    711 x 271 - 159K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny today under a big blue sky that seems to go forever. Had an early start on a working beee, wow three dozen people turned up, we'll be finished at lunchtime even if only half stay until then :)

edited December 1969

I can sleep on the floor. All I need is a pillow to rest my head on.

*hugs*

edited December 1969

i've been spelling giggerota wrong this whole time.

edited December 1969

Told mum that I can sleep on the floor in the hotel since I have been sleeping on the floor the last so many nights. Mum asked why and I explained that I was punishing myself. She said when we are in the hotel no punishing self is allowed.

Tonight I need to find a spot for the kitties. I tried calling animal control but the lady said they are not accepting cats at this time. And there is no way to confuse someone to thinking that they are dogs. All their faces are too feline and when they want something they say meow instead of barking.

I also need to find out how I can get a notebook computer that can run Poser 2012 and Daz Studio 4 pro. I am most likely putting my desktop computer in storage at my mum's place. I can use my kindle to access the internet and read books. I would start a chip in thing but my paypal account is messed up which is a long story. Paypal is out of the question. I will not work on trying to fix it until other things are taken care of.

Hopefully I can move into the group home Thursday or Friday which will give me an address to accept packages and such.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited December 1969

I know when we moved back to Ohio from Texas we had absolutely nowhere to live and barely any money and a dog, a cat, and two kids in tow. While the place we stayed was definitely NOT pretty LOL we did manage to find a Motel that would take us and the cat and dog and would accept weekly payments on the room that was fairly inexpensive. I would try looking up Pet Friendly places in Richmond and any smaller communities nearby as well. It wasn't ideal but for a month we lived in that one room Motel room with the cat and dog and we managed till we got on our feet again. I know sometimes it seems hopeless but we did get back on our feet and finally found a place and still have our cat and our dog :)

Here's a link with the listing of Pet Friendly places in your area though outside Richmond *even just right outside* will probably be cheaper for you then looking in Richmond.

If you feel you just can't take the cats with you right now but do want to keep them, I would also try contacting ConnieKat. She works for a rescue agency and is a huge animal advocate and while she doesn't live in your area, the place she is affiliated with may have a branch or something there or be able to refer you or she may be able to find someone within her network of friends that would maybe take and care for your cats for you temporarily until you can get back on your feet. I can't guarantee she can help but I know she would try her hardest so it's a thought.

The biggest thing is to not lose hope. Keep pushing and keep fighting and while it can sometimes take some time, I am sure you will come out ok in the end. We've had to pretty much start over 3 times now and all three times it seemed like things would never get better but they always did just as long as we kept trying what we could so don't lose hope ok :) {{HUGS}}

On the living situation, here are some other things to take a look into:

http://www.virginiasupportivehousing.org/
    http://www.vceh.org/index.php
    http://richmondgoodlife.com/volunteer/richmond_homeless.htm

Sometimes even if you don't qualify for the help of a certain program, if you still call and explain your circumstances they can refer you to something else that can help.

Another really good resource that many dont think of is to call your state congressman's office. I've done that now a couple times when we had various issues with similar things and they have a full listing of all state offered help and usually do a really good job of being able to refer people to the help they may need and would qualify for. They usually have specific departments within their offices devoted to things like that. To call your Congressman, try this link:

http://www.bobbyscott.house.gov/

and if that isn't the right district, then try this site where you can enter your zip and it'll look it up for you:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

As I said I understand that right now things may seem hopeless...but this will pass and things will improve for you and be ok. I know it doesn't always seem like it will but it will :) BIG BIG HUGS!

edited December 1969

I want to keep the cats, but I have to have somewhere the cats can go in the next twelve to sixteen hours. Mum has already made the hotel reservations and she is admitted that the cats have to be gone by time she comes up to help tomorrow.. I cannot find connieKat in the member section of the forum. how can i reach her?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

She isn't a member of the daz forums. You can reach her on facebook and on rendo

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    She isn't a member of the daz forums. You can reach her on facebook and on rendo

How do I find her on facebook? I just started an account there. (had an account before but have no access to it now)

edited August 2012

]snips awful stuff.

Hopefully I can move into the group home Thursday or Friday which will give me an address to accept packages and such.

So sorry to hear all this, can only pray things work out for you *feels helpless*

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited August 2012

Robins-Starr
    Humane Center
    2519 Hermitage Road
    Richmond, VA 23220
    804-643-6785

http://www.richmondspca.org/page.aspx?pid=291

CONTACT US
    Phone: 804-643-6785
    Fax: 804-644-8327
    Behavior Help Line: 804-643-SPCA or [email protected]
    Adoptions: 804-521-1307 or [email protected]
    Spay/Neuter Clinic: 804-521-1300 or [email protected]
    Donations: 804-521-1308 or [email protected]
    Clinic for Compassionate Care: 804-521-1330
    Retail Shop: 804-521-1301 or [email protected]
    Admissions: 804-521-1306 or [email protected]
    Volunteers: 804-521-1329 or [email protected]

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Richmond-SPCA/19710787927

Directions

The Robins-Starr Humane Center is conveniently located at 2519 Hermitage Road, at the corner of Hermitage Road and Rhoadmiller Street, behind the Baseball Diamond.

From the West End: Take I-64 East until it joins with I-95 South (the two highways will become one). Take the Boulevard Exit, #78. Bear right to get onto Boulevard heading south. At the first light, Robin Hood Road (the Diamond baseball stadium will be ahead of you on the left) turn left. Turn right at the next light onto Hermitage Road. The Richmond SPCA will be on your left-hand side, just past the Salvation Army building.

From the North: Take I-95 South until it joins with I-64 (the two highways will become one). Take the Boulevard Exit, #78. Bear right to get onto Boulevard heading south. At the first light, Robin Hood Road (the Diamond baseball stadium will be ahead of you on the left) turn left. Turn right at the next light onto Hermitage Road. The Richmond SPCA will be on your left-hand side, just past the Salvation Army building.

From the Southside: Take Powhite Parkway to 195 (stay to the left after the toll booth). Continue on 195, do not take the Downtown Expressway. Take the I-95 South and 64 East exit. Take the Boulevard Exit, #78. Bear right to get onto Boulevard heading south. At the first light, Robin Hood Road (the Diamond baseball stadium will be ahead of you on the left) turn left. Turn right at the next light onto Hermitage Road. The Richmond SPCA will be on your left-hand side, just past the Salvation Army building.

From the East End: Take I-95 North to the Boulevard Exit. At the stop sign, take a left to go under the highway. You are now on Hermitage Road. The Richmond SPCA will be about 1/2 mile ahead on the left-hand side just past the Salvation Army building.

frikkin forum s/w can't show an email address? is it just my browser?
    it says javascript must be enabled to view email address

untitled15.png
    579 x 349 - 10K
    untitled14.png
    729 x 467 - 172K
    untitled13.png
    200 x 423 - 22K
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

I have tried the Richmond SPCA but they are full and cannot accept new cats at this time.

edited August 2012

I have tried the Richmond SPCA but they are full and cannot accept new cats at this time.

did you tell them you're going to kill drown them if they don't take the cats?

i haven't heard back from them either.

edited December 1969

I was never going to drown the kitties. I just remember once my mum told me to drown a rat or mouse that was stuck on a sticky paper that we caught in the pantry.

I am unable to kill the cats. I already know that.

edited December 1969

I was never going to drown the kitties. I just remember once my mum told me to drown a rat or mouse that was stuck on a sticky paper that we caught in the pantry.

I am unable to kill the cats. I already know that.

supposedly they are a no-kill shelter. if all else fails, drop off the cats there anyway.

edited December 1969

I searched the craigs list pet section for wanted. Found a lady who wants a kitten, but she has to check with her fiance who gets off pretty soon.

edited December 1969

At a working bee cleaning up the grounds of our community centre, and it looks like we will finish early, all that's left is a huge pile of rubbish that needs throwing into a dumpster, think the nice weather bought people out or made them work harder or something woohoo!

edited December 1969

I searched the craigs list pet section for wanted. Found a lady who wants a kitten, but she has to check with her fiance who gets off pretty soon.

*hugs*

This discussion has been closed.