The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

in Sims, whoohoo action is similar to try for baby.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Snarly has turned on registering for his board, for a few days.

http://www.snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

he has a python tutorial started :lol:

edited December 1969

Melody is meowing for food. My tummy is grumbling. I have too much to do tonight.

edited December 1969

got a response from my craigs list posting

Melody is still meowing and my tummy is still grumbling.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited December 1969

On Connie, I am pretty sure she does still have an account etc. I think hubby was confused LOL I did PM her though on Facebook and point her to the thread though regardless. I did that right after I posted previously. She may not be on at the moment though, I'm not really sure. I'm sure if she is though she'll either post here or reply to me on Facebook etc once she gets my message :)

I know what you mean on the ASPCA and them mentioning they are full etc though sometimes if you call back and get someone else the answer can be different. Once person may say hey sorry we are full and cant help you but you sometimes can get a different person who will say they can or may offer an alternative etc. I know in the past I have called places a couple times and got better results when I got a different person so you may want to give them a try again possibly.

Also, as far as your mom saying she didn't wanna take the cats, maybe once she gets there tomorrow and sees you and them she'll have a change of heart. If not, and you haven't found anyone to take them temporarily for you, maybe have her try to re-call the places you called. As I said sometimes when you call back and get someone else the results are different and then she'll also see how hard it's been for you to find somewhere for them as well. It's a thought :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Finished cleaning up, on way home and haz big tired nao zzzzzzzzzzzzz

edited December 1969

I try playing facebook friends but they want me to have friends who have facebook account and also play that game. arrrghh

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited August 2012

....well, just when it looked like were were about to have our third unsummer-like summer in a as many years, something broke (besides the ebots to this and every other thread I'm subscribed to).

After a relatively cool and cloudy week (with temps some 6 - 10° below normal, it hit 102° here Saturday and the same is forecast or today. That's about 30° wing from Thursday.which is rather sudden. This is the first time in more than two years that it reached 100°

Thankfully it's a weekend and I don't have to be at work (though it's still expected to reach the mid 90s on Monday) as the warehouse turns into the proverbial "Easy Bake Oven" and the light rail tram is restricted to 35mph due to sag in he overhead catenary..

Spent the day Saturday with my RPG friends (in AC comfort however, the bike ride there and home was brutal. Still in the upper 90s when I left at 7:00pm. Felt god to get back home with the "natural AC" Just need to turn on the fan to move the air a bit.. This is part of the reason I want to find another half cellar or ground floor flat.

So finally summer arrived (only about a month late).

Now if only development can keep the ebots for this forum from going south I'd be around a bit more. It's kind of discouraging having to play catchup, particularly when the software doesn't resort threads by newest response like it used to.

Well it's now 02:00, gotta go so I can get up at a reasonable time in the morning,

Miss Bad Wolf, hang in there, I'm facing a similar situation, though granted, not as immediate as yours.

Because of all the gentrification and the upscale trend here, Portland is a fairly expensive rental market unless you want to live way out in the sticks. The last thing I need is to make my commute any longer than it already is. Also my work and commute schedule limits me to only weekends as I get home too late. Not having a vehicle or licence to drive makes the whole affair rather daunting as well. Thankfully I thinned a lot of stuff out back in April.

My only conditions:

No flat/housemates (have to deal with enough drama at the workplace, don't need it at home)
    Hard floors (easier to keep clean)
    No electric baseboard heating (really don't care to pay an extra 150 - 200$ a month during the winter in elextricity fees)

Oh and yes, the rent to own concept is a real thing. No big down payments, no closing fees . This is something I am looking into as well (though property taxes out here are a bit stiff).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited August 2012

Just noticed MAXON is also giving out prizes at their Siggraph thingie for registering. Haven't looked at the details yet though.

Join us at Siggraph 2012 - Live or Online!
    See Cinema 4D R14’s new features in action
    Stop by booth #723 and enjoy our jaw-dropping line-up of top Cinema 4D artists. Not coming to the show? Watch the presentations live and interact online.
    Register to Win: We’ll be giving away nearly $8,000 of amazing prizes including: TurbulenceFD, Mocha Pro, Trapcode Suite, and many others.

Also streaming the new features.
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

The Siggraph this side of the world is in Singapore in December :)

edited December 1969

I tried looking for rent to own homes. I found one place that makes one pay a small fee just to see the listings. Sounds fishy to me.

edited December 1969

Isn't rent to buy low-doc vendor financing ? It sounds expensive ;)

edited December 1969

Harry Potter is on TV. I never saw any Harry films, this one looks very dark

edited December 1969

I want a tardis with a friendly doctor to go with it.

I am so tired.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Are yous serious? They are great movies. They do get darker towards the end. Each one get a little darker and darker, but very good. I have Harry Potter days here on the occasion. I put all the dvd's in the player and sit and watch them all.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

The later in the series you go, the darker they get. These are kids books for older kids!

I've read most of them, they can be pretty darn evil.

edited December 1969

Sunday, Sunday. More work with giant slugs today, and maybe the purchase of Comic Life although I want to put that off until I get the i7 machine. I can do without lettering for a week, I guess.

Today: cooking, cleaning, showering, cleaning the kitchen, rendering, cleaning the bathroom, rendering. And eating!

Maybe a giant slug drop later...

edited August 2012

I stopped caring about the series after reading the fourth book myself. It wasn't that it was "too dark" or anything, I actually sort of liked that.
    When they started using dragons as mere "things" in the competition or whatever it was, I decided the series was no longer worth it. I was already feeling a bit "meh" towards it, but that was the last straw for me.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    ps1borg said:

Are yous serious? They are great movies. They do get darker towards the end. Each one get a little darker and darker, but very good. I have Harry Potter days here on the occasion. I put all the dvd's in the player and sit and watch them all.

Not really my kind of movie I'm afraid, it left me cold.

edited December 1969

Sunday, Sunday. More work with giant slugs today, and maybe the purchase of Comic Life although I want to put that off until I get the i7 machine. I can do without lettering for a week, I guess.

Today: cooking, cleaning, showering, cleaning the kitchen, rendering, cleaning the bathroom, rendering. And eating!

I have another week off :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I stopped caring about the series after reading the fourth book myself. It wasn't that it was "too dark" or anything, I actually sort of liked that.
    When they started using dragons as mere "things" in the competition or whatever it was, I decided the series was no longer worth it. I was already feeling a bit "meh" towards it, but that was the last straw for me.

There was a white draggy in the film I just saw.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

There was a white draggy in the film I just saw.

I try to not watch films that have dragons in them. The last movie I watched sporting a dragon in it was Final Fantasy: Advent Children. It was a demonic version of Bahamut. Pretty cool fight scene actually - Vincent was awesome as always. Actually Bahamut looked more like a bug thing than a dragon in that. That was intentional - hence the "demonic" part. His name is often misinterpreted as Bahamut SIN because of a mistranslation and his appearance in the film. A more accurate translation would be Bahamut QUAKE or something. I forget exactly what they said the proper translation was, but it was not SIN.
    Movie before that was Fire & Ice and Metal Ages (Sad to say, I did watch Metal Ages.) nearly ten years before Advent Children, and the movie before that was Dragonheart.
    And that's all of 'em. Literally. I can really count on my fingers the movies I've watched involving dragons.

edited December 1969

If you could make a movie with dragons what would it be like?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I have another week off :)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeeee! :cheese: :coolsmile: Next week I have Tuesday off to se the foot doctor, otherwise it's work, work work to earn money for Laptop #2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215417

..for Web surfing, email, videos, movies, music listening and production, and ePublishing. then it's just memory upgrades and I should be done for a while...

edited August 2012

A movie about dragons, or one that just happens to involve them? If it were the former I doubt I'd ever get involved in one. The latter well... Dunno.
    The world I'm currently writing in the most has dragons ranging from feral animals to fully sentient beings, with more emphasis on the sentient ones. The second most abundant race next to elves, and humans coming in around 4th or 5th.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

First cut at GIANT SLUG ATTACKS! Giant Slug is hungry and attacks a diesel station in the city!

GO GO GIANT SLUG!!!

Needs work on lighting and materials. DS 4.5RC3 Pro 64-bit render.

slug_001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 240K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

A movie about dragons, or one that just happens to involve them? If it were the former I doubt I'd ever get involved in one. The latter well... Dunno.
    The world I'm currently writing in the most has dragons ranging from feral animals to fully sentient beings, with more emphasis on the sentient ones. The second most abundant race next to elves, and humans coming in around 4th or 5th.
    either just so you would like the movie

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

either just so you would like the movie

Probably neither.

edited December 1969

First cut at GIANT SLUG ATTACKS! Giant Slug is hungry and attacks a diesel station in the city!

GO GO GIANT SLUG!!!

Needs work on lighting and materials. DS 4.5RC3 Pro 64-bit render.

hehe great :)

edited August 2012

travelling drop

TBsml.jpg
    800 x 600 - 42K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
This discussion has been closed.