The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited August 2012

@Misty: Yeah most external render engines have their own unique materials and often do not accept or do not fully support an application's native materials.
    Indigo can read and render Cinema materials but bump maps and normal maps will be ignored. SSS isn't rendered unless it's an Indigo material.
    Vray cannot render 3D Shaders or standard materials AT ALL.
    Maxwell I do not think can render Cinema materials, and has THE MOST confusing material editor ever - of all time. (Though I hear Modo's is pretty horrid too.)
    Mental Ray can render most Cinema materials, and has its own (confusing) material system.
    *EDIT* Also, Maxwell and Indigo materials are not shown in the viewport - they're completely white. So I have to use a standard material as a "placeholder" to see if tiling and so forth will work right and then replace it with the renderer's material afterwards.
    Yayzums Avatars are back :D :D :D

Post edited by Rezca on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

they say luxrender can do path tracing. and it's free. doh, i forgot to ask if it can render poser frame sequence.

im gonna have to give up on the vray dream til after a get new car.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

There is a crepuscular moon pale and waning and playing hide go seek amongst the scudding grey clouds in the northwest sky outside my window :)

edited December 1969

urgh - soon I will have to delve into the Deep Mystery(tm) that is the Poser Material Room!

I need to figure out how to make Poser materials, things like volumetric gas and such to create ghosts and radoactive slugs - things I use pwEffect for in DS4.5. Either that or use PPro for other things and use DS4.5 and Carrara for FX-heavy shots.

Too much to learn! ! :gulp:

Found a nice diabetic cookbook for the Kindle on Amazon, reading it now in the Cloud Reader - maybe I'll do some grocery shopping on the way home! Dang, it's making me hungry! And do you know you can get sugar-free Oreo-type cookies that are also low carb? And sugar-free gummi bears? Cool! :coolsmile:

Carrara has (more or less) one-click volumetric lighting built in - yay gummy bears !

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

yay avatars ! And yay thread bumping !

edited December 1969

Miki 3 render finished in the wee dawn hours :)

nice :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

yay avatars ! And yay thread bumping !

OMG Avatars! Time for me to sit down and render one for myself! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    urgh - soon I will have to delve into the Deep Mystery(tm) that is the Poser Material Room!

I need to figure out how to make Poser materials, things like volumetric gas and such to create ghosts and radoactive slugs - things I use pwEffect for in DS4.5. Either that or use PPro for other things and use DS4.5 and Carrara for FX-heavy shots.

Too much to learn! ! :gulp:

Found a nice diabetic cookbook for the Kindle on Amazon, reading it now in the Cloud Reader - maybe I'll do some grocery shopping on the way home! Dang, it's making me hungry! And do you know you can get sugar-free Oreo-type cookies that are also low carb? And sugar-free gummi bears? Cool! :coolsmile:

Carrara has (more or less) one-click volumetric lighting built in - yay gummy bears !

Ooops I wasn't clear! I mean a 3D material that's translucent, such that you get a "ghost" or "phantom" effect. It's perfect for nasty radioactive slugs and other unfortunate critters... :vampire: I'm sure I could make a Carrara shader to do it, but I find posing and scene setup in DS4.5 to be significantly faster. At least right now...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Do you have the Updated pwShaders Wooly? They have pwGhost in the set.

edited December 1969

A specular only surface might give you what you want :)

edited December 1969

Seeing everyone's avatars appearing is like watching the lights coming on at nightfall :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh god this kitten cuddle puddle is way too cute for my brain it is about to explode boom there we go

edited December 1969

I hear the sound of distant thunder :)

edited August 2012

redid the Miki3 render with ibl-ao. i like ibl-ao.

ouchee, my toes are puffed up, prolly from all the sodium i ate yesterday. it hurts under my toenails. ouchhhh

woww, i want to render covers like this :lol: http://illustratedromance.com/covers/
    in sff versions of course

mik1-iblaoA.png
    788 x 664 - 924K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Do you have the Updated pwShaders Wooly? They have pwGhost in the set.

Yep - been using pwGhost and pwEffect to good purpose (well, to NEFARIOUS purpose) on the giant slug!!!

I'll post a new render when I'm happier!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Kitties are safe place. At a week hotel.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I mean I am at week hotel. Kitties are in a house on the other side of town.

edited December 1969

Good to hear that you and kitteh's are all safe, I'll be having a good thought for you :)

edited December 1969

redid the Miki3 render with ibl-ao. i like ibl-ao.

ouchee, my toes are puffed up, prolly from all the sodium i ate yesterday. it hurts under my toenails. ouchhhh

woww, i want to render covers like this :lol: http://illustratedromance.com/covers/
    in sff versions of course

Nice pic Misty :) Go see a doctor today?

edited December 1969

Lovely sunny day here, a little chilly in the shade :)

edited December 1969

nah - the ouchie isn't intolerable. self-diagnosing again. gatorade for electrolytes and way low on the sodium for a while.

Lexx is speeding to the fractal core again. something about the gigga-shadow's positive mass canceling what-nots- it sounds plausible in the abstract.
    we had to cross to the light universe to find proto blood for Kai.
    poor squish. it was cute for a cluster lizard.

edited December 1969

what a difference the avatars make. no more faceless names.

edited December 1969

Yes is good to be wearing green and gold (and red white and blue) again :)

edited December 1969

I'm a useless shopper, just wasted a half hour trying to make enough of a list to use the Rendo coupon - what a waste of time *gives up* Nice day for a swim here :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

...great, now I'll never get any sleep again.

...computer/online games, I can take or leave.

...streaming videos of cute kittens, now that is my downfall.

edited December 1969

Can't resist teh kitteh kuteness either ;)

edited December 1969

stretch yawn
    back at the day job
    4 days to next 3 day weekend. :)

edited December 1969

I mean I am at week hotel. Kitties are in a house on the other side of town.

did you leave them with someone who said they would take care of them?
    or did you just leave them at a house?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

She said in another thread that someone had come and collected them.

edited December 1969

vulture drop

vult.jpg
    800 x 500 - 101K
This discussion has been closed.