[Released] Render Doctor [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,370

Ok, I just submitted the v1.0.1 update.  A *HUGE* thanks to @barbult for her extensive testing!

• Fixed bug where Render Doctor would lose the selections between Rendering Presets
    • Fixed elapsed time to also show the elapsed hours
    • Added warning when Pre/Post Load Action Select Label does not select any nodes in the scene
    • Fixed bug where Render Scenes Cameras selection was not saved
    • Fixed render error when DO NOT RENDER is selected as a POST-Load Action
    • Fixed bug where smoothing would not occur in scene when it is loaded from script by enabling interactive update
    • Fixed behavior when cancelling the enter description for a favorite so that it cancels creating the favorite
    • Fixed tips for cameras
    • Fixed restoring camera selections
    • Fixed bug in Reset Render Options where simulation was not properly turned off
    • Set Simulation to off by default
    • Added Post-Load Delay parameter to control how long Render Doctor pauses after loading a preset
    • Fixed persistence of Background Image filename
    • Fixed Render Doctor to load both Smart Content and Content Library selected presets at the same time if available
    • Fixed Render Image Sequence bug where first render at a resolution was framed at the wrong aspect ratio
    • Fixed Render Presets bug where pre/post load actions did not frame the selection
    • Fixed Render Presets to set the nodes to the new selections when pre/post actions select something new
    • Fixed issue with Render Cameras frame option not rendering ALL  selected objects
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Thank you for all these valuable updates. Your customer support is outstanding.

barbult said:

Thank you for all these valuable updates. Your customer support is outstanding.

You're welcome!  But truly everyone should be thanking you, I think between us we have stomped a huge bunch of bugs.

• Any information on what "No Nodes Found for Rendering" error message means?

I've followed all of the different procedures in the PDF file and all I ever get is this same error message.

Any information on what "No Nodes Found for Rendering" error message means?

I've followed all of the different procedures in the PDF file and all I ever get is this same error message.

Unofficial answer: In my experience, you have to have some object selected in the Scene pane, even if the render type you are doing has no dependency on that selected item at all.

• barbult said:

Unofficial answer: In my experience, you have to have some object selected in the Scene pane, even if the render type you are doing has no dependency on that selected item at all.

That fixed it, thanks. I tried a half a dozen different ways and couldn't get anything working...  The scene I am using only has one primitive and a camera, so selecting an item didn't occur to me.

• barbult said:

That fixed it, thanks. I tried a half a dozen different ways and couldn't get anything working...  The scene I am using only has one primitive and a camera, so selecting an item didn't occur to me.

I am glad you got it working!  Thanks for the assist @barbult laugh

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Ok, I just submitted the v1.0.1 update.  A *HUGE* thanks to @barbult for her extensive testing!

Good to hear (not that I can say I found any issues yet)

• barbult said:

Yep. All set, thanks. I was rendering HDRI thumbnails so there wasn't anything actually in the scenes other than the camera and a reflective sphere.

• Mattymanx said:

Good to hear (not that I can say I found any issues yet)

Thanks @Mattymanx!

• barbult said:

Yep. All set, thanks. I was rendering HDRI thumbnails so there wasn't anything actually in the scenes other than the camera and a reflective sphere.

Ah, sorry about that.  I should change the script so that is not a requirement.

• Okay, new question, Apologies if this was asked before...

Under Cameras, there's an option to only render cameras with a certain phrase or note. I can't find anything that says how this works. Is there an explanation for how I can use this?

Sorry about not using the right terminology for it; I don't have access to the interface at the moment.

• Okay, new question, Apologies if this was asked before...

Under Cameras, there's an option to only render cameras with a certain phrase or note. I can't find anything that says how this works. Is there an explanation for how I can use this?

Sorry about not using the right terminology for it; I don't have access to the interface at the moment.

If you check that option and fill in some text in the text box right beside it, Render Doctor uses that text as a filter to only render cameras with labels that match.  If you go to the Render Cameras tab, as you actually type in the regular expression to match, it will check the cameras that match.

The Match Labels is most useful for the Render Scenes tab though because Render Doctor does the match after loading a scene.  So for example, if you save all your scenes with a Camera called "Overhead Camera", you could set the label to "Overhead" and that would be the only camera rendered after each scene is loaded.  If NO camera matches, nothing is rendered though. 

And the camera name match is case sensitive, isn't it?

• Okay...  So what I want to do is name each camera something like "View1" "View2" "View3"

Then I either put "View" or "View%c" or "View1" "View2" "View3" in the field?

What I am trying to accomplish is rendering just the created cameras and skipping the persepective camera. The persepective camera view isn't useful and just adds uneeded render time.

• barbult said:

And the camera name match is case sensitive, isn't it?

Yes, it is, though since it is a regular expression, you can do something like "[Cc]am" to match both "Camera" and "camera"

• Okay...  So what I want to do is name each camera something like "View1" "View2" "View3"

What I am trying to accomplish is rendering just the created cameras and skipping the persepective camera. The persepective camera view isn't useful and just adds uneeded render time.

Yes, you could do something like this: View[0-9]

Yes, you could do something like this: View[0-9]

Thanks! I will give it a shot. Rendering the perspective camera was adding a half hour per scene to my batch runs.

• DFTDFT Posts: 1
    edited November 2020

Hi! Render Doctor is an absolute life saver! Literally, as I don't need to waste any more of my life sitting around waiting for things to render! Lol ;-)

I've been trying to get a sequence of renders done via 'Render Presets', but for the life of me can't seem to figure out what exactly needs to be put in the 'Pre-Load' (or Post-Load) action.

Basically, I would like to,

1. Select a figure, e.g. 'Anna'.

2. Apply a body pose to Anna.

3. Apply facial expression 1 to Anna. Render.

4. Apply facial expression 2 to Anna. Render.

5. Apply another body pose.

6. Apply facial expression 3... . Render.

7. Apply facial expression 4... . Render.

8. Select another figure, e.g. Alex.

9. Repeat as above..

Can't seem to work out what needs to be done to achieve the above. :-(  Also, If I try just selecting label 'Anna', a lot of other nodes get selected, e.g. cameras I've named as Anna_Cam_1, etc.

What do I do?? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Post edited by DFT on
  • DFT said:

Hi! Render Doctor is an absolute life saver! Literally, as I don't need to waste any more of my life sitting around waiting for things to render! Lol ;-)

I've been trying to get a sequence of renders done via 'Render Presets', but for the life of me can't seem to figure out what exactly needs to be put in the 'Pre-Load' (or Post-Load) action.

Basically, I would like to,

1. Select a figure, e.g. 'Anna'.

2. Apply a body pose to Anna.

3. Apply facial expression 1 to Anna. Render.

4. Apply facial expression 2 to Anna. Render.

5. Apply another body pose.

6. Apply facial expression 3... . Render.

7. Apply facial expression 4... . Render.

8. Select another figure, e.g. Alex.

9. Repeat as above..

Can't seem to work out what needs to be done to achieve the above. :-(  Also, If I try just selecting label 'Anna', a lot of other nodes get selected, e.g. cameras I've named as Anna_Cam_1, etc.

What do I do?? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words.  I don't think you can combine the two preset sequences (figures and poses/expressions) as you want.  I would probably just do a Render Presets that has the load pose (DO NOT RENDER post action), load expression, load expression and then apply that to an Anna scene, Alex scene, etc.  Sorry.

I'm trying to use Render Doctor to render with Filament, but I'm having a problem with it not waiting for the purple textures to clear up. 

(Did you get my email, or is Google causing us trouble again?)

edited November 2020
    barbult said:

I'm trying to use Render Doctor to render with Filament, but I'm having a problem with it not waiting for the purple textures to clear up. 

I am sorry @Barbult!  I got your email, but I have been slammed this week.  I have not used Filament yet and do not have time until this weekend to investigate.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    barbult said:

I am sorry @Barbult!  I got your email, but I have been slammed this week.  I have not used Filament yet and do not have time until this weekend to investigate.

No problem. Take your time. Filament has a lot of limitations but is fun to play with. 

• Hi, I am facing problems using Render Doctor
    After selecting all the necessary options when I click on render it always ends up saying "Render Completed in 30 min (some random number) msecs"
    The render never starts but I still get this message. I tried doing Iray & texture shader render. It even mentions the image save location in the log, when in reality it's not there
    Another thing is that the render doctor window shows the version as 1.0 on the top instead of 1.0.1.
    I installed it from Daz Install Manager and also restarted Daz a couple of times, still no luck

• @RiverSoftArt Thanks for the support.
    You solved my problem. I had to remove the program completely before installing the new version.

• JpegerJpeger Posts: 24

barbult said:

I just bought this today, and hours I fought with this issue.  You saved me from having a nervous breakdown.  You da MVP!

• Jpeger said:

barbult said:

I just bought this today, and hours I fought with this issue.  You saved me from having a nervous breakdown.  You da MVP!

Sorry for your struggle.  I will try and make the error more descriptive

• I feel like I'm doing something wrong with my RegEx on selecting a character to apply a Hierachical Material Preset on.

I need to essentially select "VW Margot" and apply the preset before I run the render.   I've tried adding "VW Margot" to Select Label and Select Label and Frame on both the pre-load and post-load columns on the preset file, as well as regex-appropriate variants like "VW(\s)Margot", etc inside quotes and without them.

Seems like I'm missing something obvious here.   Maybe 30% of my images end up getting the preset applied.   Ideally, I'd like to select the character and children.

Secondly, is it expected to take a significant amount of time or to crash the script when adding more than say 40 scenes or a directory with 100+ scenes?

Thanks!

Thank you for adding Filament (PBR) support to Render Doctor. Your product support is outstanding! 

• halvardeq said:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with my RegEx on selecting a character to apply a Hierachical Material Preset on.

I need to essentially select "VW Margot" and apply the preset before I run the render.   I've tried adding "VW Margot" to Select Label and Select Label and Frame on both the pre-load and post-load columns on the preset file, as well as regex-appropriate variants like "VW(\s)Margot", etc inside quotes and without them.

Seems like I'm missing something obvious here.   Maybe 30% of my images end up getting the preset applied.   Ideally, I'd like to select the character and children.

Secondly, is it expected to take a significant amount of time or to crash the script when adding more than say 40 scenes or a directory with 100+ scenes?

Thanks!

"VW Margot" (without quotes) should work.  Note that you would do it in a pre-load once and then that should be it (or you could just select VW Margot before running Render Doctor).  It will NOT select the children though.  

Loading depends on the scenes.  Having to clear the previous scene and load a scene can be painfully slow in DS (if you have G8F with a lot of morphs for example.  In normal use outside of the script, I find DS I can usually close DS, kill its process, restart DS and then load in a new scene and that is still faster than clearing the previous scene).  This is not a problem with Render Doctor.