[Released] Render Doctor [Commercial]

Comments

• barbult said:

Thank you for adding Filament (PBR) support to Render Doctor. Your product support is outstanding! 

You're welcome @barbult!

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 409

Can Render Doctor render scene files that are set for image series?

I specifically want to render multiple scene files that are being used for animations.

• Diaspora said:

Can Render Doctor render scene files that are set for image series?

I specifically want to render multiple scene files that are being used for animations.

Unfortunately, no, it cannot render animations at this time.

• globallyglobally Posts: 118

Hello, Im probably setting up Render Doctor wrong but im having some issues with clothing modifiers not settling before the render starts. I am very new to Render Doctor and would like to shoot the same scene a few times with the only ything changing is the rotation of the character. I wasnt sure if or how you would change the rotation for each new render so i just saved each rotation as a new scene and then loaded them in to RD. All worked well but i notice that the clothing has no chance to settle before the render starts. Is there a way to delay the render until the scene has settled down, or would rotating the character in the same scene for each render fix this? If so, how do i do it?

Cheers for now.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362

globally said:

Hello, Im probably setting up Render Doctor wrong but im having some issues with clothing modifiers not settling before the render starts. I am very new to Render Doctor and would like to shoot the same scene a few times with the only ything changing is the rotation of the character. I wasnt sure if or how you would change the rotation for each new render so i just saved each rotation as a new scene and then loaded them in to RD. All worked well but i notice that the clothing has no chance to settle before the render starts. Is there a way to delay the render until the scene has settled down, or would rotating the character in the same scene for each render fix this? If so, how do i do it?

Cheers for now.

You need to set the Post-Load Delay in the options.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    edited April 2021

Here's a screenshot of Post Load Delay. 

Post Load Delay.jpg
    1023 x 509 - 77K
    Post edited by barbult on

Well, sh*t. I swear i looked all over RD last night for something like that and completley missed this. Thanks!

globally said:

Well, sh*t. I swear i looked all over RD last night for something like that and completley missed this. Thanks!

No problem.  And thanks, @barbult, for the screenshot smiley

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but it is tangentially connected. Does the pixel filter and radius effect render times? When i first tried RD a couple of days ago my renders took a couple of hours (hence wanting to use RD to set up a queue while i sleep and work). I then read about pixel filter radius when trying to find out why my renders werent crisp. I changed to Mitchell and reduced the radius to 1. Im now re-rendering the exact same scene and its taken nearly 15hrs.

Oh and connected to that, is there any way to cancel the render queue (as my queue of four renders is going to take way too long now)? I tried hitting the cancel render and cancel in RD but i couldnt stop it. Looks like force quitting the application is the only way?

Thanks again.

Ok, so ive had Render Doctor sitting in my Daz library for a while now before i used it. Is there an update? If so can i update through the Daz3DIM? I ask because the post load delay isnt in my version. Am i missing something?

edited April 2021

globally said:

Ok, so ive had Render Doctor sitting in my Daz library for a while now before i used it. Is there an update? If so can i update through the Daz3DIM? I ask because the post load delay isnt in my version. Am i missing something?

What version are you running? If you don't have 1.0.2, you need to update it.

Render Doctor Version.jpg
    962 x 146 - 34K
    Post edited by barbult on

Im going to sound completely dumb now, but how do you update it? Would you do it through the Daz3DIM?

You need to update it with the same method that you originally installed it. If you installed with DIM, you should see it in the product update section of the DIM download tab.

Found it. Great thanks.

Thanks @Barbult!

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207

Can this do spot renders automatically too?

Let's say you only want to render part of the scene with the spot render tool, but automatically. Can render doctor know to only render the small part of the scene you want, from say, loading a black and white PNG, where black is don't render and white is?

vozolgant said:

Can this do spot renders automatically too?

Let's say you only want to render part of the scene with the spot render tool, but automatically. Can render doctor know to only render the small part of the scene you want, from say, loading a black and white PNG, where black is don't render and white is?

Sorry, no, it cannot.

• Is it possible to set the output name as the scene file name? Instead of having to name the camera as the output name, I want to just name the scene file and use that as the naming scheme.

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited July 2021

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue or I'm Missing something.

I have a set of cameras, which have local dimentions, I use them to create a set of renders for my Charcters, which I use for icon, tip and documentation.

Presently I change cameras, and render. for some renders I also turn on and off visabilty for items, so you Render Present would seem to be the correct choice.

My issue is Render, i can't find where I can switch to camera X and set Resolution Y, as an action and then Render.

Nor does Render Doctor seem to allow you to use the Camera's 'use Local Dimentions', so everything comes out whatever resolution you check..

Is it or would it be possible to make a Custom Camera Action, which allows you to select the Camera and Resolution, for each Rendering Step, rather than using a Global?

and could one of the choices allow you to 'Use Local Dimentions'?

Thanks

Post edited by Haslor on

dannofdawn222 said:

Is it possible to set the output name as the scene file name? Instead of having to name the camera as the output name, I want to just name the scene file and use that as the naming scheme.

For Render Scenes, the %p preset filename would work to pull the scene name.  However, for other render types, Render Doctor cannot pull the scene name.  You could specify the scene name explicitly in the naming strategy.

Haslor said:

Hi,

I have a set of cameras, which have local dimentions, I use them to create a set of renders for my Charcters, which I use for icon, tip and documentation.

Presently I change cameras, and render. for some renders I also turn on and off visabilty for items, so you Render Present would seem to be the correct choice.

My issue is Render, i can't find where I can switch to camera X and set Resolution Y, as an action and then Render.

Nor does Render Doctor seem to allow you to use the Camera's 'use Local Dimentions', so everything comes out whatever resolution you check..

Is it or would it be possible to make a Custom Camera Action, which allows you to select the Camera and Resolution, for each Rendering Step, rather than using a Global?

Thanks

I will add a "Use Camera Local Resolution" to the Render Options.  If this is checked and the camera has "Use Local Dimensions" on, the resolution of the camera will be used.  Otherwise, the resolution specified in Render Options will be used. Hopefully, that will be enough to do what you want.

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402

RiverSoftArt said:

Haslor said:

Hi,

Thanks

I will add a "Use Camera Local Resolution" to the Render Options.  If this is checked and the camera has "Use Local Dimensions" on, the resolution of the camera will be used.  Otherwise, the resolution specified in Render Options will be used. Hopefully, that will be enough to do what you want.

Thank you, this would be a great help.

• Loving Render Doctor, just picked it up yesterday! Thank you!

Is there a way to use Render Doctor to change the amount of seconds a render is allowed to use up before finishing? I'm probably missing something, but I didn't see that in the guide and I don't see it as an option. Thank you!

LongRedDog said:

Loving Render Doctor, just picked it up yesterday! Thank you!

Is there a way to use Render Doctor to change the amount of seconds a render is allowed to use up before finishing? I'm probably missing something, but I didn't see that in the guide and I don't see it as an option. Thank you!

If you are using Iray, then yes.  Under Iray Options, there is a Max Time in seconds option

• RiverSoftArt said:

LongRedDog said:

If you are using Iray, then yes.  Under Iray Options, there is a Max Time in seconds option

Fantastic! Thank you so much for responding and for making this excellent tool!

LongRedDog said:

RiverSoftArt said:

LongRedDog said:

Fantastic! Thank you so much for responding and for making this excellent tool!

You're welcome! smiley

• edited August 2021

I have multiple scenes I want to render, each having 2 cameras named a and b, because I want the camera name to be a part of the render filename.  The camera selection says it uses regex, but I've tried everything to get it to grab the cameras and cannot get it to do both.  I can always get it to do camera b, but never a.  Why is there not just a box that says all actual cameras instead of including views in with cameras?

Post edited by [email protected] on

sildenafil_273c63ba31 said:

I have multiple scenes I want to render, each having 2 cameras named a and b, because I want the camera name to be a part of the render filename.  The camera selection says it uses regex, but I've tried everything to get it to grab the cameras and cannot get it to do both.  I can always get it to do camera b, but never a.  Why is there not just a box that says all actual cameras instead of including views in with cameras?

Why don't you select the "All Perspective Cameras?"  That has all the cameras except the default perspective camera.

• I have multiple scenes. I want to start with a nude character and then add clothing. This will be repeated for each sceneI load the scene, I select the character by its lable  in the post load, then load the clothing preset.

Tried various ways but either it just renders the clothing or just the nude figure.

I have 64 scenes and I want to render the same character in each scene with a change of clothing.T

he next thing I will want to do, is to replace the character in each scene with another character. I'll woory about that one once I get the clothing to work.

• Is there a way to turn off the default "Merge" setting when adding scenes? It doesn't match my workflow at all and it is annoying to have to click each file to disable the merge or deal with bad results if I forget.