[Released] Render Doctor [Commercial]

Comments

• credford said:

Is there a way to turn off the default "Merge" setting when adding scenes? It doesn't match my workflow at all and it is annoying to have to click each file to disable the merge or deal with bad results if I forget.

For anyone else dealing with this, if you click the first file then hold shift and press down to select all of the files you can just double click the "Yes" under the Merge column on the last file and it will turn of Merge for all the files.

• Gary.Generaly said:

I have multiple scenes. I want to start with a nude character and then add clothing. This will be repeated for each sceneI load the scene, I select the character by its lable  in the post load, then load the clothing preset.

Tried various ways but either it just renders the clothing or just the nude figure.

I have 64 scenes and I want to render the same character in each scene with a change of clothing.T

he next thing I will want to do, is to replace the character in each scene with another character. I'll woory about that one once I get the clothing to work.

I apologize!  I do not know why I did not get a notification.

I would handle one scene at a time and do the clothing as part of Render Presets.

• credford said:

credford said:

Is there a way to turn off the default "Merge" setting when adding scenes? It doesn't match my workflow at all and it is annoying to have to click each file to disable the merge or deal with bad results if I forget.

For anyone else dealing with this, if you click the first file then hold shift and press down to select all of the files you can just double click the "Yes" under the Merge column on the last file and it will turn of Merge for all the files.

I am glad you found the quick way to set them all.  But I should add a constant for the default as that is a good idea anyway.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

RiverSoftArt said:

Gary.Generaly said:

I have multiple scenes. I want to start with a nude character and then add clothing. This will be repeated for each sceneI load the scene, I select the character by its lable  in the post load, then load the clothing preset.

Tried various ways but either it just renders the clothing or just the nude figure.

I have 64 scenes and I want to render the same character in each scene with a change of clothing.T

he next thing I will want to do, is to replace the character in each scene with another character. I'll woory about that one once I get the clothing to work.

I would handle one scene at a time and do the clothing as part of Render Presets.

You are not getting notification when people post in your forum threads, because NOBODY is getting ANY email notifications. The last email notification received was November 12, 2021. They say it is a known issue, but there has been no comment on when, or if, it will ever be fixed. Maybe as a PA, you can let Daz know how important those notifications are for you to support your customers and thereby reduce the ticket load on Daz customer service.

I've submitted a ticket about the missing email notifications, but only got a response that said several people had reported the same problem.

• barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Gary.Generaly said:

You are not getting notification when people post in your forum threads, because NOBODY is getting ANY email notifications. The last email notification received was November 12, 2021. They say it is a known issue, but there has been no comment on when, or if, it will ever be fixed. Maybe as a PA, you can let Daz know how important those notifications are for you to support your customers and thereby reduce the ticket load on Daz customer service.

I've submitted a ticket about the missing email notifications, but only got a response that said several people had reported the same problem.

Thanks @Barbult, I will mention it.

The @[username] doesn't notify people either. I only saw it when I surfed the forum Recent Messages.

I hate the default scene merge setting of Yes, too. That has ruined so many of my Render Doctor sessions, because I don't notice it and remember to turn it off. When I render saved scene files, I want them rendered as saved, not merged into a giant mishmash. Why is the default Yes? I must have missed or forgotten any discussion about its purpose or intent.

• barbult said:

I hate the default scene merge setting of Yes, too. That has ruined so many of my Render Doctor sessions, because I don't notice it and remember to turn it off. When I render saved scene files, I want them rendered as saved, not merged into a giant mishmash. Why is the default Yes? I must have missed or forgotten any discussion about its purpose or intent.

The Merge column is intended to bridge the gap between Render Scenes (load a bunch of scenes and render) and Render Presets (work with one scene and change it and render).  It allows you to specify a bunch of scenes and add in presets to change the scene.  For example, suppose you had a bunch of scenes with the same character in it and you wanted to change the clothes for all the scenes and render.  If the character is nude in the scenes, you could:

1. Scene Preset (Post Action: DO NOT RENDER) - i.e., load the scene and do nothing
    2. Clothing Preset (Pre Action: Select the figure) (with MERGE = Yes) Render happens here
    3. [REPEAT FOR ALL SCENES]

There is a PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT constant in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa.  You could change that to PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT = '';  I think I remember that the reason the default is yes is to make it Render Doctor work the same with previously saved lists, but if you are doing new lists, it won't be an issue.

Thank you for the explanation!!!!! I don't have PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT in my data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa. I do see the comment dated 09/2021 where you added the merge column. I'd really like to change that default. Do I have to add that parameter or is my version out of date? I always install and update with DIM, so I think I should have the latest version installed.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,364
    edited February 2022

barbult said:

Thank you for the explanation!!!!! I don't have PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT in my data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa. I do see the comment dated 09/2021 where you added the merge column. I'd really like to change that default. Do I have to add that parameter or is my version out of date? I always install and update with DIM, so I think I should have the latest version installed.

Ah, that is my bad.  It is a constant I am adding to the next update whenever it comes out.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Ah, that is my bad.  It is a constant I am adding to the next update whenever it comes out.

Well then that update is something to look forward to. Please don't let it languish on the back burner.

• barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Well then that update is something to look forward to. Please don't let it languish on the back burner.

I will try to get something out this week.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Thanks, that is unecpectedly quick. Are there other changes we'll see in the update?

• barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Thanks, that is unecpectedly quick. Are there other changes we'll see in the update?

No, I will just be doing the constant.  I don't think I have time to add anything else.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

No, I will just be doing the constant.  I don't think I have time to add anything else.

Good enough! Thanks.

Finally submitted update to Render Doctor that:

• Added PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT constant in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa, which can be used to change the default value for the Merge column

Thanks

edited March 2022

I installed the update with DIM and edited the RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa file to change the PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT from 'Yes' to '' (two adjacent single quotes). When I add scenes to Render Doctor, the Merge column value is blank. When I click the Render button, the scenes are rendered individually and no longer merged. Great! Thanks for the update.

Edited: I did it wrong the first time blush, but realized my error and fixed it.

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

I installed the update with DIM and edited the RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa file to change the PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT from 'Yes' to '' (two adjacent single quotes). When I add scenes to Render Doctor, the Merge column value is blank. When I click the Render button, the scenes are rendered individually and no longer merged. Great! Thanks for the update.

Edited: I did it wrong the first time blush, but realized my error and fixed it.

Great!  Enjoy. smiley

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

RiverSoftArt said:

• Added PRESET_MERGE_DEFAULT constant in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa, which can be used to change the default value for the Merge column

When I set up a scene, I typically enable the Iray denoiser. However, when I use Render Doctor to render out a series of scene files, I don't want the denoiser to be used (at all).

FEATURE REQUEST: Would it be possible to add an option in the "Override Scene Iray Options" tab, whereby the denoiser can be disabled (completely turned off)?

Ideally, it would be useful to be able to override each of the denoiser settings (in case I do want the denoiser enabled for some scenes), but the ability to turn the denoiser off would have the biggest immediate benefit to my workflow.

Note: The reason I do not want the denoiser to be used when rendering, even though I typically enable it when setting up a scene, is because it adds an extra GB or two of VRAM when it kicks in during the rendering process. By denoising the renders later on (e.g., via the "Intel Open Image Denoise" utility), I can render more memory intensive scenes without Iray falling back to the CPU. There are other some other reasons as well, but that's the primary reason.

If what I am requesting can already be done, by all means let me know!

pm3d said:

RiverSoftArt said:

When I set up a scene, I typically enable the Iray denoiser. However, when I use Render Doctor to render out a series of scene files, I don't want the denoiser to be used (at all).

FEATURE REQUEST: Would it be possible to add an option in the "Override Scene Iray Options" tab, whereby the denoiser can be disabled (completely turned off)?

Ideally, it would be useful to be able to override each of the denoiser settings (in case I do want the denoiser enabled for some scenes), but the ability to turn the denoiser off would have the biggest immediate benefit to my workflow.

Note: The reason I do not want the denoiser to be used when rendering, even though I typically enable it when setting up a scene, is because it adds an extra GB or two of VRAM when it kicks in during the rendering process. By denoising the renders later on (e.g., via the "Intel Open Image Denoise" utility), I can render more memory intensive scenes without Iray falling back to the CPU. There are other some other reasons as well, but that's the primary reason.

You have control of what shows up in the Iray Options tab.  MOST Iray Options can be set up to show up there and be used.  You need to load the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa file in a text editor.  In there (current line 74), there is a line:

var IRAY_PROPERTIES               = ['Max Samples', 'Max Time (secs)', 'Rendering Converged Ratio', 'Rendering Quality Enable', 'Rendering Quality', 'Auto Headlamp', 'Bloom Filter Enable'];

Add the Iray Render property you want to show up in there, e.g.,

var IRAY_PROPERTIES               = ['Max Samples', 'Max Time (secs)', 'Rendering Converged Ratio', 'Rendering Quality Enable', 'Rendering Quality', 'Auto Headlamp', 'Bloom Filter Enable', 'Post Denoiser Available'];

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

RiverSoftArt said:

pm3d said:

RiverSoftArt said:

You have control of what shows up in the Iray Options tab.  MOST Iray Options can be set up to show up there and be used.  You need to load the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSRenderDoctorConstants.dsa file in a text editor.  In there (current line 74), there is a line:

var IRAY_PROPERTIES               = ['Max Samples', 'Max Time (secs)', 'Rendering Converged Ratio', 'Rendering Quality Enable', 'Rendering Quality', 'Auto Headlamp', 'Bloom Filter Enable'];

Add the Iray Render property you want to show up in there, e.g.,

var IRAY_PROPERTIES               = ['Max Samples', 'Max Time (secs)', 'Rendering Converged Ratio', 'Rendering Quality Enable', 'Rendering Quality', 'Auto Headlamp', 'Bloom Filter Enable', 'Post Denoiser Available'];

That has worked perfectly - thank you!

• I bought "Render Doctor". This is convenient. Thank you.

However, you can only set the image resolution.
    I want to set [Max Samples settings] and
    [Post Denoiser Enable].
    If you can't set it, please tell me the setting to improve the image quality instead.
    Other than image resolution.

x.pluslife.x said:

I bought "Render Doctor". This is convenient. Thank you.

However, you can only set the image resolution.
    I want to set [Max Samples settings] and
    [Post Denoiser Enable].
    If you can't set it, please tell me the setting to improve the image quality instead.
    Other than image resolution.

Max Samples is in the Iray Options tab.  Post Denoiser can be added to the Iray Options and is discussed in this post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7375721/#Comment_7375721

• I shortly bought Render Doctor and played a little with it.
    But I see a big problem:
    I have an old fashioned 4x3 Screen with a height of 1024 Pixel.
    The window with the RD interface seems to need at least 1050 Pixel height. So: Even if I hide my task bar I can barley see lower command buttons like [Cancel] or [Save].

Is there any option to limit the maximum height of this window, even if number of lines in the middle part exceeds the visible range?

220909_01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 219K
  • NudeFan said:

I shortly bought Render Doctor and played a little with it.
    But I see a big problem:
    The window with the RD interface seems to need at least 1050 Pixel height. So: Even if I hide my task bar I can barley see lower command buttons like [Cancel] or [Save].

Is there any option to limit the maximum height of this window, even if number of lines in the middle part exceeds the visible range?

Unfortunately, there is not such an option.  Under Output Options, there is a Show Header option.  Uncheck that, and it will get rid of the header giving you back some vertical space.

• RiverSoftArt said:

NudeFan said:

But I see a big problem:

Unfortunately, there is not such an option.  Under Output Options, there is a Show Header option.  Uncheck that, and it will get rid of the header giving you back some vertical space.

Unfortunately it does not really work: It removes the header, but the lower position of the window remaines the same.

I run this tool also on an other environment also with a 1280*1024 main screen, there the window isn't that high.

On both computers I tested a scene with almost 300 cameras, on that with the problem I also run some renders using those cameras. Might it be, that that may cause the problem?

220909_02.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 186K
    220909_03.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 163K
    220909_04.JPG
    1288 x 1010 - 166K
  • NudeFan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

NudeFan said:

But I see a big problem:

After you uncheck the Show Header, you have to resize the window to reclaim the space.

Unfortunately it does not really work: It removes the header, but the lower position of the window remaines the same.

I run this tool also on an other environment also with a 1280*1024 main screen, there the window isn't that high.

On both computers I tested a scene with almost 300 cameras, on that with the problem I also run some renders using those cameras. Might it be, that that may cause the problem?

The number of cameras should not make any difference.  The camera list view should be in a scroll window.

• RiverSoftArt said:

NudeFan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

NudeFan said:

But I see a big problem:

After you uncheck the Show Header, you have to resize the window to reclaim the space.

The number of cameras should not make any difference.  The camera list view should be in a scroll window.

I think the problem is caused by that behaviour:

If I save the settings with (at least) 'Options' on the left and 'Render Cameras' on the top, the Window closes (like in all other cases). But when I restart the 'Render Doctor' it's window is taller that 1024 pixel and can't be resized.

If I change then e.g. under 'Output Opions' the Image Format and save the configuration again, but in that view, the window heigh remains and it's changable.

When I save the cofiguration (only?) under 'Render Cameras' I will have this problem.

One other strange thing I saw:

My cameras have a predefined dimension. I can activate this with the switch 'Use Camera Local resolution'. Nevertheless I have to select at least one resolution also in the tab 'Render Options'. When I use the option %w and/or %h in the file name, the selected resolution and not the real reasolution is added to the file name.

When 'Use Camera Local resolution' is checked, I should not be able to select any other Resolution and the info in the name (if then needed at all) should show the dimension of my camera

• NudeFan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

NudeFan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

NudeFan said:

But I see a big problem:

I think the problem is caused by that behaviour:

If I save the settings with (at least) 'Options' on the left and 'Render Cameras' on the top, the Window closes (like in all other cases). But when I restart the 'Render Doctor' it's window is taller that 1024 pixel and can't be resized.

If I change then e.g. under 'Output Opions' the Image Format and save the configuration again, but in that view, the window heigh remains and it's changable.

When I save the cofiguration (only?) under 'Render Cameras' I will have this problem.

This is a behavior of Qt.  I have added some options to help reduce the height.  PM me your email address and we can see if they work for you.

One other strange thing I saw:

My cameras have a predefined dimension. I can activate this with the switch 'Use Camera Local resolution'. Nevertheless I have to select at least one resolution also in the tab 'Render Options'. When I use the option %w and/or %h in the file name, the selected resolution and not the real reasolution is added to the file name.

When 'Use Camera Local resolution' is checked, I should not be able to select any other Resolution and the info in the name (if then needed at all) should show the dimension of my camera

Even IF "Use Camera Local Resolution" is checked, you SHOULD (and MUST) be able to select other resolutions because the cameras may not have Use Local Dimensions as on.  However, it IS a bug that the filename does not use the camera local dimensions when the Use Local Dimensions is on.