[Released] Render Doctor [Commercial]

12345679»

Comments

• I got @vanish's message.  Sorry, did not get a notification.

First, settings are stored in the registry (for all my scripts).  If you are comfotable with RegEdit, you can search for a script name and delete the settings.

Second, the push/unhandled exception/etc usually means I did something wrong smiley  Seeing the full log from when you start Render Doctor would be helpful.  It is curious that it is not consistent though.  I will have to try it myself to see if I can reproduce the issue.  BTW, what are you trying to render to?  iray I assume?

• vanishvanish Posts: 39

@RiversoftArt Yep, Iray. I did nuke everything for Render Doctor from the registry. It didn't help, unfortunately. I'll see about getting you a full log.

edited December 2022

Ok, so here is the Log inside Render Doctor. I selected the 14 Polished Granite shaders from the NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 set. It dies as soon as it tries to apply the first preset to the object in the scene.:

21:51:14 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Starting Rendering (simulated=false) for 28 images
    21:51:14 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Applying preset D:/3D Graphics/My DAZ 3D Library/Presets/Shader Presets/Iray/NVIDIA/NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0/Stone/Granite Polished/Polished Granite - Golden Galaxy.duf

DAZ Studio log file attached along with a screenshot of the crash reporter from DAZ when closing Studio after this happens. I'll see if I can get the text of the Stack Trace in that dialog. Let me know if I can provide anything else. 

Something I'm not sure I noted before. If I select one of the presets that doesn't work and try it by itself, it crashes. If I apply the preset to the object first, then it works as long as it is the only preset I try to render.

EDIT: I snapped a shot of the Machine Info too from the crash reporter. This bit in the output files is what caught my attention before:

<error>

<what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>

<process>

<name>DAZStudio.exe</name>

<id>75748</id>

</process>

<module>C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll</module>

<address>0033:000000006998C8F8</address>

<function>

<name>QEventLoop::exit</name>

<offset>8</offset>

</function>

</error>

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2022-12-30 22_01_10-DAZ Studio.png
    533 x 511 - 28K
    2022-12-30 22_04_03-Machine Information.png
    429 x 326 - 13K
    Post edited by vanish on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I see this error in your Daz Studio log file before you even run Render Doctor. Perhaps this is significant. I don't have the geolocatorAM product.

2022-12-30 21:56:40.902 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 227
    2022-12-30 21:56:40.902 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'SSLongitude' [null] is not an object.
    2022-12-30 21:56:40.902 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/geolocatorAM/setGeoLocation.dse:227
    edited December 2022

I had disabled it at one point and still had the problem but I can certainly try that again.

EDIT: Yeah, even disabled I still get the RD issue.

Post edited by vanish on

vanish said:

I had disabled it at one point and still had the problem but I can certainly try that again.

EDIT: Yeah, even disabled I still get the RD issue.

I remembered that you said that about testing with all plugins disabled, but I though I'd point it out, anyway, since it looked suspicious. You could confirm that that Stack Trace error doesn't happen with the plugin disabled, in case even when disabled it leaves something lingering. We are really grasping at the last straws now.

• So far, I am unable to reproduce this issue.  No issues (no function text() error either) I don't have Monochromatic Iray Shaders product though.  I used DS 4.21.0.5 Pro on Win10.

Unfortunately, the log wasn't helpful.  How current are your graphics drivers?  I believe you tried this right after rebooting? (wondering if the graphics card is doing something that then screws up DS).

• Windows 11 seems to be the most significant deviation.  Anyone else using Win11 and could try this?  Maybe the old Qt4 has problems on Win11?  

So far, I am unable to reproduce this issue.  No issues (no function text() error either) I don't have Monochromatic Iray Shaders product though.  I used DS 4.21.0.5 Pro on Win10.

Unfortunately, the log wasn't helpful.  How current are your graphics drivers?  I believe you tried this right after rebooting? (wondering if the graphics card is doing something that then screws up DS).

His errors come from using prests in NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 in the Stone/Granite Polished folder. Monochromatic shaders have nothing to do with it. Those were just something I tried while trying to reproduce the problem, before I understood that the problem was triggered by the NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 shader presets in the Stone/Granite Polished folder. To summarize, I can render those presets with Render Doctor he cannot.
    I have Windows 10.

I'm out of state until Monday, but I can tell you my graphics drivers are current. I can clean install them when in return though. I had considered that yesterday but it was late. There are other shaders that exhibit the issue, but the NVIDIA polished graphite shaders are free so easy to use for testing.

I'll also be traveling Jan 1-8. (Las Vegas, Consumer Electronics Show CES).

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

barbult said:

Okay, I am VERY jealous.  Since I moved to Florida, I haven't been able to attend except on my own dime... and that is more expensive than my DAZ habit!  Enjoy the immersion into high tech that only CES can bring.

johnbp said:

barbult said:

Okay, I am VERY jealous.  Since I moved to Florida, I haven't been able to attend except on my own dime... and that is more expensive than my DAZ habit!  Enjoy the immersion into high tech that only CES can bring.

Yes, I'm also in Florida. Air fare, hotel, car rental, etc. are very high during CES week. The CES ticket is actually free once you are a repeat attendee. The thing is so huge, it is impossible to see everything. We get home and see articles about the best of CES and say "we didn't see that, we didn't see THAT,..." One surprising and interesting thing is what John Deere is doing with automating farming.

RiverSoftArt said:

So far, I am unable to reproduce this issue.  No issues (no function text() error either) I don't have Monochromatic Iray Shaders product though.  I used DS 4.21.0.5 Pro on Win10.

Well, I reinstalled the graphic drivers from scratch. No joy, unfortunately. I'm left thinking it's a Windows 11 problem. 

• First, I apologize for not responding earlier.  The forums look like they are not notifying me again sad

I am baffled.  I assume you can render these presets outside of Render Doctor?

I can render inside Render Doctor as well, but only one at a time and only if I manually apply the preset first. It's strange.

• vanish said:

I can render inside Render Doctor as well, but only one at a time and only if I manually apply the preset first. It's strange.

I apologize but I don't know how to fix the issue.  If I can ever reproduce it, I might be able to fix it.

No worries. I completely understand. I truly think it's a problem with Windows 11 and Qt.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 362

@vanish

I am working on the vMaterials 2.1 Presets now (which are nearly identical to the 2.0 Presets) and most of the Granite Polished presets logged this issue in the log file. Two of the Carpet Woven also had this issue, none of the others. Unlikely, but possibly related.

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

@omniflux

Sorry I missed your message. Never got a notification. :(

That's interesting but I don't think it's related. I'm still pretty convinced it's an incompatibility with WIndows 11 and QT4

• Hi, question: is there a setting in order to automate simulations of hair and such for each scene? Not doing an animation, separate cut scenes, just wanted to have the hair simulations done on each scene accordingly prior to rendering.

• douglas.scheesley said:

Hi, question: is there a setting in order to automate simulations of hair and such for each scene? Not doing an animation, separate cut scenes, just wanted to have the hair simulations done on each scene accordingly prior to rendering.

Sorry, there is not.

• RiverSoftArt said:

douglas.scheesley said:

Hi, question: is there a setting in order to automate simulations of hair and such for each scene? Not doing an animation, separate cut scenes, just wanted to have the hair simulations done on each scene accordingly prior to rendering.

Sorry, there is not.

Any chance of an enchancement in the future? 

• douglas.scheesley said:

RiverSoftArt said:

douglas.scheesley said:

Sorry, there is not.

Any chance of an enchancement in the future? 

There is a chance but I would say not a good one.  Simulations are so persnickety that I don't think they are good case for automation.

• Hello, 

I think I'm missing something but I wonder if this is possible to do a matrix render with RD. What I mean is, I'd like to for example apply a series of expression poses (X0 - Xn) and a series of full body poses (Y0 - Ym) such that the set of renders is m*n -- i.e. X0Y0, X0Y1, ..., X0Ym, ... , X1Y0, etc. Does that make sense? Is that possible to do? I thought it might be possible to simulate it using the pre and post load actions, but it doesn't appear to be the case unless I'm just missing something obvious. It's entirely possible. :-)

• sidcarton1587 said:

Hello, 

I think I'm missing something but I wonder if this is possible to do a matrix render with RD. What I mean is, I'd like to for example apply a series of expression poses (X0 - Xn) and a series of full body poses (Y0 - Ym) such that the set of renders is m*n -- i.e. X0Y0, X0Y1, ..., X0Ym, ... , X1Y0, etc. Does that make sense? Is that possible to do? I thought it might be possible to simulate it using the pre and post load actions, but it doesn't appear to be the case unless I'm just missing something obvious. It's entirely possible. :-)

If you mean render that MxN number of poses & expressions, of course.  You can always apply a pose and with post load action, DO NOT RENDER, apply the expression pose, and then render.  Apply next expression pose and render, etc. 

If you mean that the camera has to move, a la hollywood squares style, then no.