The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i havent talked to anyone in days.  called for delivery my voice came out a squeak.  i should prolly sing some doh ray meez to exercise my voice,  i asked for penne pesto, hopefully its what they deliverlaugh  pesto needs a white wine?

product lib is a confusing mess. - 'plaint

is there no interest in the tried and true long term customers?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystiarra said:

None.

McGyver said:
    Mystiarra said:

None.

train wreck.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,453
    edited October 2020

Non-complaint:  Music to DAZ by.  And look at that hair!: Vegetating in front of the TV, browsing through YouTube I come across this 12 minute performance of one of the most beautiful pieces of piano music.yes  I've gushed about this piece before, but here it is again, but this time pay attention to the pianist.  Watch for the sweat (nerds work hard too), and that hair!  OMG, such a beautiful head of male hair.heart  Recorded in the '80s but, that hair!  Anything like it in the DAZ catalog?  And listen to the instantaneous cheering and applause.  Rachmaninoff's greatest works almost always engage the audience like that.  Not just polite academic applause, but true enthusiastic appreciation for the adrenalin rush.

Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff: [Серге́й Васи́льевич Рахма́нинов] 3rd movement of his 2nd piano concerto 

Edited to add:  Interesting note about the pianist Alexei Sultanov.  Career at 19, dead at 35.sad   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Sultanov

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Complaint 1:  Broke a tooth eating ice cream.  Not ice cream with crunchy bits in it, just plain ice cream that was very frozen.

Complaint 2:  It was a top front incisor, so the way I look in the mirror hurts far more than the extraction.

Complaint 3:  It's my own fault for taking lousy care of my teeth.  Allow me to serve as your example!  Take care of your teeth!

• Complaint 1:  Broke a tooth eating ice cream.  Not ice cream with crunchy bits in it, just plain ice cream that was very frozen.

Complaint 2:  It was a top front incisor, so the way I look in the mirror hurts far more than the extraction.

Complaint 3:  It's my own fault for taking lousy care of my teeth.  Allow me to serve as your example!  Take care of your teeth!

Point taken!  Tooth repair ain't cheap anymore.  But brushing & flossing still is.

• Non complaint:

There's so much great stuff today in the platinum for a day section! Action poses, sci fi settings, gorgeous wisteria tunnels, palms, magic, morphs, and more 

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Dentists are such crooks. One thing I miss about NY is my dentist. Had a deal going with him. Did the floors in his mansion for a discount, in exchange for 10 years of dental work at deep discount. Now one hour in the chair cost me at least a weeks pay. It's insane.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited October 2020

one dentist that i visited scheduled a cleaning when I little or no plauque.  A second dentist said that my teeth look clean.  The first dentist didn't even notice issues with my bad wisdom tooth but second dentist did see something on the x-ray.  Edited for clarity.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited October 2020

Regarding dentists:  I've had pretty good luck with dentists over the last 60 years.  My mother started me on good dental hygiene and care in my pre-teens, I've kept up with it most of my life.  Not the best of brushers and flossers but I tried.  And there were periods in my life when I neglected dentist care because of being poor, but my habits sufficed to delay any serious work.  I did have to have my wisdom teeth removed in my late teens while I was still in college.  I don't remember how I paid for it, but it was probably my parents because I didn't have insurance.  Over the decades I've had many cavities but they were always filled.  In later decades I've had to have old fillings drilled out and replaced because the old silver/mercury fillings fell out.  In this last decade I've had to have one molar crowned because the filling fell out and the tooth collapsed before I could get it filled again.  My lower front teeth aren't completely straight but they and all the others are all there (except for the 4 wisdom teeth) and they're smooth and whitish when I smile.  Yeah, if you poke around inside you can see some of the old silver fillings but most have been replaced with modern white epoxy.  

But now without dental insurance I still go to the dentist at least once a year (usually twice) for cleaning which I pay for out of pocket (~$100).  But I dread when he says "time for another set of X-Rays" or when he says "looks like you might need some work on that xyz tooth soon"  Because I know it will mean $$$.sad  And I don't know how I'll ever afford another crowned tooth.  The last one was paid for with fortuitous lottery winnings.  But regardless of the work needed, my dentists have always been straight up good people and doctors.  I really like my latest dentist.  He has little magnifying TV cameras that he can poke around in my mouth and show me what it is that he sees and why it needs work.  Plus, his office music is always classical music.yes

my dentist says to only brush the teeth you want to keeplaugh

edited October 2020

Non-complaint:  Wheee... my tiny tiny flashlight arrived.  It's so cute.  Black aluminum body.  o-ring seal to keep it waterproof.  Takes 3 LR41 tiny button batteries.  Supposedly lasts 12 hours.  Comes with batteries installed, plus 6 extra batteries.  I looked up LR-41 batteries and they're only about about 80cents apiece ($7.80 for 10).  It's almost like a fetal Maglite, but it's a different species. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCXDPPP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

batteries included?  theres been a disturbance in the force

dawww

Dog finds cat in her bed

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,941
    edited October 2020

...finally found the perfect jar opener.  Bought one of those rubber ones a while back but it often kept slipping around the lid as I still needed to apply a lot of pressure with my hands (my hands have very little strength anymore).  This baby has no trouble as I can get excellent pressure and leverage with those long handles.   Lids pop off on the first try.

Ultimate jar wrench.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 1001K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

...just saw this.  Want bad.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

my tablet doesn't work properly in Gimp.  I cannot move the pen pointer outside of the document window.  Maybe I should reboot the computer.

flutterbysheart

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124

My father used alcohol and alcoholics to describe my unknown issues with internet.  I see that as a guy drinking wine leading an alcoholic anonymous meeting.  Give me a break.  No one has the guts to explain why I need to stay off the internet but they can stay on it.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited October 2020

Goodness I forgot abotu the thread again aaaaa

But, I do have something to share!  I modeled myself a little croco skelleton (based on a little figurine I got at Safeway last month)  and spent maybe, two and a half hours modeling it and then half an hour or so fighting with the Spline IK on the tail (I still don't understand what I did to make it work...)  and then here it is :D

I kinda uh.... Gave up on modeling the skull and jaw halfway through it when I realized that there wasn't any way I was going to correct the mistakes I was making with my current knowledge.  I figured I'd come back and zBrush the skull at a later date or something instead.

SkeleTest_0003.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 213K
    SkeleTest_0003a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 279K
    Post edited by Rezca on

looks like he is smiling. smiley

my nephew has a 2 foot iguana named simon.  i love him, looks like he smiles. he sits on his branch like a cowboy.  i would luv a cowboy hat for biguannalaugh

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited October 2020
    Mystiarra said:

looks like he is smiling. smiley

my nephew has a 2 foot iguana named simon.  i love him, looks like he smiles. he sits on his branch like a cowboy.  i would luv a cowboy hat for biguannalaugh

Cowboy hat!

agnahat.jpg
    739 x 640 - 99K
    Post edited by Rezca on

cutie in a hat.

a big dawwww for this kitteh and puppy

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903
    edited October 2020

Honey is drastically overstating its value proposition here.

honey.png
    1618 x 644 - 169K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    Mystiarra said:

cutie in a hat.

a big dawwww for this kitteh and puppy

.."cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria".

Actually quite sweet. 

edited October 2020

From the static picture, it looks to me as if the dog is thinking "just wait until the camera is gone.angry"

whatchyamacall those things that go on the furniture legs so it slides on carpet??

wanna be able to slide my futon over when i put the back up

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643
    Mystiarra said:

whatchyamacall those things that go on the furniture legs so it slides on carpet??

Would you believe furniture sliders and/or furniture gliders ?

Mystiarra said:

Would you believe furniture sliders and/or furniture gliders ?

sliders in amazon search worked.  thanks

This discussion has been closed.