The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    TJohn said:

Guy Fawkes Day/Night

not till 5th November    Remember, remember the fifth of November

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Ugh, is everyone else seeing like missing graphics everywhere on the site? Just showing like a box with 4 alphanumerics where it should be?

• Complaint:  Snow!  1st of November and it began snowing yesterday.  This morning there is 1-inch of snow on my porch.  The snow didn't even have the decency to wait for my birthday as has been its tradition.frown  Temperature outside isn't helping to melt it either.  

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

10 years of pc club, it lapsed last july.

watched an epic smallville episode.  season 6 ep11

aquaman on it.  he said he swims faster naked.  gawd i felt like a rawnchy old lady drooling

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Complaint:  Snow!  1st of November and it began snowing yesterday.  This morning there is 1-inch of snow on my porch.  The snow didn't even have the decency to wait for my birthday as has been its tradition.frown  Temperature outside isn't helping to melt it either.  

It snowed on us a few days ago...and we got at least 3 or 4 inches!  And it stayed for a day before melting off.  Today, wind gusts of 40 to 50 mph, and in the low 40s, but feels like low 30s I'd say, with the wind.

Dana

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Hmm Poser 12 is out now, but I don't know if that cute wyvern is in it or not <thinking>

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,454
    edited November 2020

Non-complaint:  I'm home and alive.yes  Still snow on the ground but driveway and sidewalks clear of ice.  Yay!  Made it to the polling place, voted, tottered over to the grocery store, picked up one bag of essentials (and a candy bar).  Tottered back home, put away groceries and collapsed in front of the computer trying to cool down.  (Shouldn't have worn heavy lined motorcycle jacket and heavy gloves and wool watchcap.  32F isn't all that cold when you're walking with the morning sun in your face)frown  I'll get the hang of this winter weather gig again shortly.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

not snowing here but dang is cold  shiverr brrr

edited November 2020

Complaint:  Someone has moved into the enclosed porch just on the other side of my front windows.  I have no door to that porch, it belongs to the other apartment, but I have two windows that look into it that are covered by blinds.  For 12 years, nobody has ever used that enclosed front porch for anything but storage and occasionally a place to send the kids to play. The person now rooming on the other side of my windows has a hacking cough and spends all day in bed.  I'm wondering if COVID is at play there and how air tight those windows are. frown

• Complaint:  Someone has moved into the enclosed porch just on the other side of my front windows.  I have no door to that porch, it belongs to the other apartment, but I have two windows that look into it that are covered by blinds.  For 12 years, nobody has ever used that enclosed front porch for anything but storage and occasionally a place to send the kids to play. The person now rooming on the other side of my windows has a hacking cough and spends all day in bed.  I'm wondering if COVID is at play there and how air tight those windows are. frown

Mental note:  Pay off the house.

Oh wait, I already did that!

not a big fan of the green bean casserole.  mebbe brocolli

sweet potato with marshmallow and cinnamon casserole cheeky

gears icons are missing from the pages

just gloo soome geears onn iit

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited November 2020

All icons are missing.  There's just a rectangle with these characters in place of the icons:

F!

I blame the last planned site downgrade for this.  Well, come on, how can we say it was an upgrade?  You know I'm right.  And right before the holiday shopping season starts.  sad

At least we can make turkey jokes if it stays broken for another couple weeks; that should be fun, yeah?  frown  <--this is my "yay, it's still broken" face.

Well, I'm off to do other things for a bit.  Plenty to do.  Like find a turkey dinner avatar for my profile.  Unless avatars break next, hah.  On the other hand, maybe I'll keep my pumpkin up there for a few more weeks.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
    edited November 2020

i blame zod

forum is messed up, my posts disapears into the abyss

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I do feel a bit better now.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,943

...yeah been fairly preoccupied the last several days. Lots of catching up to do.  

Finally got the first good night's sleep last night after a relaxing afternoon with the mates over a few pints and a couple cigars and no election talk.  Wasn't eating much other due to the stress. but finally had a good brekkie this morning a lunch and nice dinner.  

Lots of stuff to download and install as well (making good use of all those PC+ sale specials).  DIM is finally working again so I can begin the process tonight (a page an a half of my product library I wouldn't want to have to manually download one by one).

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    TJohn said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I do feel a bit better now.

Thank you... I actually was going to post the exact same statement.

Usually around the thirty sixth "A" I start to add "r"s and by the end it's more of a "rrrgh!".... but that could just be because my lungs are smaller or I'm used to growling a lot.

Same sentiment though...

Stress...

@#$$&%+€¥?! Strrrrrreeeeeess!§@$&}{§€ Freakin' STRESS!!

edited November 2020

Stress:  It's at toss up whether I or my TV goes out the window first.indecision  Unfortunately the short fall would damage only my TV.frown

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited November 2020

Stress:  It's at toss up whether I or my TV goes out the window first.indecision  Unfortunately the short fall would damage only my TV.frown

I say throw the TV out.  I've had no TV now for what...6 or 7 years?  Oh, I have a TV monitor, and an Amazon Prime account, but no TV service and not even over-the-air HD TV.  It's all brain-damaging in my opinion, and most people spend way too much time in front of it and not enough time improving themselves or their futures.

If you have the internet, you can still pretty much watch anything you need to see, while avoiding the rot.  Well, if you WANT to avoid the rot, I guess.

I do still occasionally watch stuff on IMDB.  I just finished the original Columbo series.  Always with an objective to improve myself, I learned how to be observent and more importantly, I learned how to be even more annoying than anybody thinks I already am.  We've only just begun!  devil

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
    edited November 2020

Yeah, I have no over-the-air TV or cable.  I do have Amazon PrimeVideo via internet but mostly I watch YouTube science shorts, and science lectures, and of course collections of fails, flubs, and stupid people.  I'm simultaneously irresistably attracted to, and disgusted by, watching stupid people perfect their talent.  It's interesting to note that I don't see a lot of videos of old stupid people.  Some disgusting ones, and mentally moronic elders, but none being really physically stupid.  I guess the ones enthusiastic about physical stupidity have been weeded out.  Oh, and yeah, I do subscribe to one other streaming network at a time, to catch favorite old shows, or quality new ones.  But I very quickly exhaust their tolerable selections and go back to YouTube until I can decide which streaming network is worth subscribing to next.  Right now it's CBS/All-Access so that I can catch up on "Star Trek Discovery".  Which is why I probably will not toss my TV out the window despite it's tendency to periodically show me current news.frown

Non-complaint: While contemplating the tossing of my TV and composing this post, my background music came up with this:  And I have to admit this is very much "My Song".  And the Moodies were very much my band during the '70s.  They shaped my mental outlook and it comes to fruition in this song.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,943

...well there is one good thing about Election day now being in the past, the email volume in my inbox has dropped significantly.  No longer do I waken to 150 or more emails in the inbox with more pumping in as I try to get through the ones that are already there.  If I read a short news article there would be 25- 30 new arrivals when I returned to the inbox.  Crikey sometimes for every one I dealt with 3 - 5 more would show up.  Some days it almost seemed futile trying to stay ahead. 

Finally though, for the time being, it's calmed down until the midterm cycle begins anew a year and a half. from now.  18 months where I can catch my breath and relax and get some scene work done before it starts all over again.

the day the analog went silent.

i'm up to season9 of smallville on amazon prime.  the casting for Zod and Carter Hall 'hawkman' is brilliant.  the Dark Archer is the actor who played Rahde on andromeda.  Zod is the actor from 'dead like me'.   neil before Zod, a lot of memes out there lol
    opening credits trimmed.  super girl, lana, lex, Lionel, and Martha are gone.

complaint  - why cant the stop n shop offer apples without the shiny stuff sprayed on it?  some of us are stomach sensitive to the shiny wax on chemical

Aquaman is married?  i didnt know that.  his wife is adorable.  Lois called her squid lips.  was funny but i guess you had o be there

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehoooooooooooooooooooo-Yeah!"

Officially that's not about anything in particular....

Officially.

Unofficially...

• Spontaneous non-complaint:  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

super cally fraj jilisstic

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903
    McGyver said:

Officially that's not about anything in particular....

Officially.

Unofficially...

Agreed.

edited November 2020

Note... This was a reply to a comment/post that disappeared, but since I deleted the reference/quote and since I'm tired of trying to fix my post, I'm leaving it... It didn't seem too controversial, mostly a TOS kinda thing, but whatever... 

Well, I've learned to not so cleverly (I'm not clever) hide my directed complaints within obscure euphemisms and bizarrely complicated references... thus confusing most people into thinking I'm referring to one thing while I'm actually not because halfway through my complicated shell game of references, hyperbole and streaming consciousness, I usually forget what it was I was actually complaining about... but it looks complicated and sometimes it's entertaining (like watching a YouTube video of a monkey with a live hand grenade)...

I'm pretty sure you can't name a particular individual or institution to vent your frustration at... especially if it's political or religious...

I make jokes involving historical figures from the 18th and 17th century a lot, so apparently nobody's ever found offense to my implying Abraham Lincoln and  Benjamin Disraeli were amateur penguin wrestlers before entering politics... if I'd have chosen a more alive individual, perhaps that might have been considered inappropriate or "political"... though I probably would not have implied the individual was wrestling them for sport, and it would be more of a romantic kinda wrestling... but... yeah, I should quit before I get myself in trouble...

So, yeah... avoid politics and religion... or controversial events...

You could creatively obscure your references... for example there is/was/still is a certain event in very recent history that was causing me sh_tloads of stress... in another thread I mentioned that there was something stressing me out... and it if anyone wanted to believe it was the annual November migration of wildebeest from Tanzania to Kenya... then sure... that's what it was... probably.

It wasn't... and I'm pretty sure most people who read that think I'm unnaturally concerned about Gnus, but that's a risk one takes with veiled references.

In general as far as I'm aware, really fowl language is not allowed... poultry sounds are, but foul language is not...

In real life I curse a lot... it probably makes up 67% of my vocabulary... I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for the word referring to inappropriate romantic relations with immature canines... but here I can't say "puppyf... "... uh... I can't curse... or rather choose not too, however humorous it might be... it's a "Family Website"... granted my kids learned early that my vocabulary is a lot different while driving, I still try and use alternative words like "monkey chucker" instead of "mother... "... uh... the curse that sounds a lot like that... so you could try to be creative with your cuss words.

I'd look up the TOS which either stand Terms Of Service or Tons Of Salami... somewhere in there it outlines what you can and can not post and what types of cured meats can be considered salami.

I hope this helped or made you forget what was bothering you.

Cheers!

Note: If this still is an inappropriate post, then feel free to remove it, it wasn't that funny or interesting anyway...

Post edited by McGyver on
    Mystiarra said:

complaint  - why cant the stop n shop offer apples without the shiny stuff sprayed on it?  some of us are stomach sensitive to the shiny wax on chemical

Really cheap/crappy scouring pads (the ones that are like Scotch Brite pads) can be used to scrub off the wax... use the really dull crappy ones, or you'll  scrub off the skin...

I actually use "Scrub Buddies" (yeesh) from Dollar Tree to scrub off the skins on potatoes and cooking carrots... well, mostly off... I could actually remove the skin, but they are abrasive enough with light scrubbing to strip the skin pretty clean... it ruins fruit though.
    They are about one abrasive grade below the red-brown Scotch Brite pads (350 grade?).

I think you mentioned being handy, so sorry if that's an obscure reference.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited November 2020

i need to order a part for my radio.  If I buy the part from the manufacturer in the United Kingdom I will save around $15 to $20 but it will arrive 4-8 days later.  I think I'll save $15.  The store in the United States charges an extra $15 or $20 for some reason.

Post edited by starionwolf on
This discussion has been closed.