The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    kyoto kid said:

[sport]

...Wisconsin Badgers are demolishing Michigan at the "Big House" in Ann Arbor MI:  49 - 11.

[/sport]

But are they social distancing?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

complainnn  i let 14lbs of cake flour pass the experation date. passed last march. doh.    they taking me food shopping.  gonna dream of chixn cacciatore all night. drool.  dunno if i should haul out the slow cooker or just use the regular stew pot.  peeling potatoes is dangerous to my fingers, but soup wont be the same with twinkies instead.  hoping finding chxn breast still on the bone isnt a problem.  cant make soup without the soup bones.  if i can find the cornish game hen, poor lil hen should fit in the pot.

canned low sodium soup is a lie. they tryin to kill me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,946
    edited November 2020
    kyoto kid said:

[sport]

...Wisconsin Badgers are demolishing Michigan at the "Big House" in Ann Arbor MI:  49 - 11.

[/sport]

But are they social distancing?

...for the most part, yes. Teams and conferences (at least in the Big ten) are taking precautions and everyone gets tested regularly. The sidleines have been expanded to provide adequate distancing for coaching staff and players and all are requried to wear masks when not on the field.  A very very, very small number of fans are allowed in the stadium (also having to observe separationruled and required to wear masks). If several players on either or both teams are found to test positive in the week prior to a game it is cancelled (this has happened a number of times already).

Post edited by kyoto kid on

i need to do an illustration for the little match girl' story.  i have no idea what the matches of her day would look lke.  would she carry them in a tray, in a basket?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,946
    edited November 2020

...arrgh they should never ever do a store/site update during a major sales event.  It has caused nothing but grief for many in a number of different ways over the last week and a half. 

I felt fortunate that i haven't experienced any major issues which others have been outside of downloads failing and one time several of items I had purchased the day before were still showing in the cart (which mesed up order). However, tonight when I went to purchase what I had in my cart, I first got a message that said "not enough USD".  When I wnt back checked all my information to make sure it was correct and redid the transaction, a second message came up saying there was "a problem with my credit card" (I actually use a debit card).  

I immediately went my bank's site to check my account balance and I have far more than enough to cover the cost of the purchase as well as there are no unauthorised transactions nor was my account/card frozen.  Last night I had no issue checking out so this has to be yet another glitch caused by the update as others were having issues with their carts and processing orders. Unfortunately as the store rolled over to Sunday "Daz time" the prices for everything in the cart went up.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Confused mode:  I saw a thread title with the phrase "translucid skin".  So, let's break this down...  prefix "trans" meaning "across or bridging", and "lucid" meaning "not confused".  So, what is "translucid skin"?

Surely what was meant was "translucent skin"?

Somehow I enjoy the idea of a concept called "translucid". smiley

• carrie58 said:

From Wikipedia,

A candlestick, chamberstick, or candelabrum (plural: candelabra) is a device used to hold a candle in place.

So sitting on a candlestick wouldn't involve flame ,if the candle wasn't in it .

But would make for more interesting jollies.surprise

• carrie58 said:

From Wikipedia,

A candlestick, chamberstick, or candelabrum (plural: candelabra) is a device used to hold a candle in place.

So sitting on a candlestick wouldn't involve flame ,if the candle wasn't in it .

It's too easy to overthink ANY part of this song:

From Wikipedia:

When asked what "American Pie" meant, McLean jokingly replied, "It means I don't ever have to work again if I don't want to."[14] Later, he stated, "You will find many interpretations of my lyrics but none of them by me ... Sorry to leave you all on your own like this but long ago I realized that songwriters should make their statements and move on, maintaining a dignified silence."[15]

Candlesticks indeed!  smiley

Time to go make more noise.  Pressure washing today.  Anybody want to help?

• Rezca said:

Every day I keep telling myself "Today I will work on practicing zBrush, even if it's just pushing and pulling objects with no real goal in mind - just to get comfortable with the tools!"
    And every day I convince myself to not do it instead  :V

Aaaaaah well in the meantime I'll keep watching them videos,  so when the day finally comes when my desire to work with the program wins out in the end, I'll at least have a better idea of what I'll be doing~

Learning without practice won't usually encourage knowledge retention.  That's why we have "labs" in school. 

Complaint:  Less than a week to my birthday and I have yet to gift myself anything meaningful.  Still thinking about a new office chair.  Can't yet justify a new laptop or security system.  I do however still have my bottle of good champagne, but nobody to share it with.  Anybody I'm on friend mode with around here doesn't drink.frown  How can I end up in a bumpkin village with friends & relatives who don't drink?surprise  I can't even take a bottle of bubbly to Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings.  Admittedly I'm not a big drinker myself, but I do have a single shot of something once or twice a week and on rare occasions I pop a champagne cork.  (but never unbubbled wine, red or white.  Straight wine hates me, and the feeling is mutual.)  Downing a whole bottle of champagne myself does me in.  So, I've had to resort to repressurable corks to save half for the next day (unless I want to get "done in").

Happy Birthday, LG!

Don't overdo the alcohol.  That will just get you in trouble, and ain't none of us flexible enough to just bend out of the way of trouble!  Plus, we already have enough "Florida Man" stories to last us a lifetime!  devil

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,454
    edited November 2020

One of my best friends in Florida was a practicing "Florida Man".  Good friends in the '70s when we were in our late teens and early twenties, surfing together, smoking & tripping together, going to rock concerts, etc.  He was a handsome fun guy.  But I moved away for a decade advancing my career.  And he devolved into a sorry, ugly alchoholic.  I returned to Florida a few times and always looked him up.  I even went to Amsterdam with him back in the mid '90s.  I accompanied him to the straight places, and he came with me to the gay places.  Fun trip except that I spent too much time trying to keep him sober enough to not end up in a canal or arrested or in a fight.  Then after 9/11 I moved back to Florida for 8 years.  The end of our relationship came during that time.  Three or four of us old buddies would gather in his filthy back porch and drink and smoke laughing and remembering the old days, and then he'd pull out his guns and start getting crazy with them.  It was scary because there was a point when he would get mean & parnoid when he was too drunk.  I finally just stopped going over.   I have many more stories about my Florida Man.  Perhaps someday they'll make it to my book.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

if Wales or NSW dont let me in, i'll prolly retire to Florida.  the Venice area.  lived there in 84. my rent was 360 a month.

feeling weird.  you ever wake up and cant tell if you slept 2 hours or 24 hours?

• Mystiarra said:

if Wales or NSW dont let me in, i'll prolly retire to Florida.  the Venice area.  lived there in 84. my rent was 360 a month.

feeling weird.  you ever wake up and cant tell if you slept 2 hours or 24 hours?

Um... 36 years has seen a lot of change in the Venice area.enlightened  You better check rental prices while sitting down.surprise

edited November 2020

its a help my 10 year content addiction seems to be over. 

Post edited by Mistara on

The Tenors.  but, where are the altos?

• Mystiarra said:

The Tenors.  but, where are the altos?

If you move to Venice perhaps you will be able to re-alto the music world.

OK, OK, I'm going.

edited November 2020

my kuerig trying to tel me something, but i cant read it.  frown it has water

a goth version?

Phantom of the Opera - Lindsey Stirling - YouTube

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Complaint:  Weather.  Snow again.  I need groceries, lots of groceries (meats, fruits, milk, and other perishables).  Today is discount day at the grocery store. Tomorrow is payday, so I don't feel guilty using my credit card for groceries.  But, it's snowing, hard!frown  I should have gone last week.

Non-complaint:  I've decided what to get myself for my birthday.  I just ordered another $100 of groceries from Amazon Pantry (more shelvable stock for winter).  Birthday, big whoop!indecision

edited November 2020
    Mystiarra said:

If you enjoy beaches & rivers, consider Melbourne.  Central east coast of Florida.  A modern, moderate sized city on the mainland, along the west side of the 1+ mile wide Indian River Lagoon.  Beautiful modern bridges over to the the barrier island and the beautiful sandy Atlantic beaches and ocean on the east coast.  Downtown Melbourne (and Eau Gallie area) is quaint old Florida, lots of retirement housing in the area.  Major airport, high tech industries, beautiful campus & botonical garden of Florida Institute of Technology (my alma mater).  Melbourne is listed #8 in this list of most affordable places to retire in Florida. https://www.55places.com/blog/the-10-most-affordable-places-to-retire-in-florida

Images of Melbourne: 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHZN_enUS912US912&sxsrf=ALeKk00jDik8JxFpF3p0oVWKcC4OTuUVOQ:1605629814413&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=images+of+downtown+melbourne+florida&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj03emV_YntAhVIFVkFHZtUB8kQjJkEegQIBRAB&biw=1920&bih=937

Images of FIT gardens: (the first 35 images)

https://www.google.com/search?q=botanical+garden+fit+florida&rlz=1C1CHZN_enUS912US912&sxsrf=ALeKk02NPThca3P8mwdJ-PasSX6ZAYNNHw:1605630203522&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2oq_P_ontAhWlwFkKHc7vBr0Q_AUoAnoECAQQBA&biw=1920&bih=937

Edited:  Apologies, some of the images of the city of Melbourne in the list above are NOT Melbourne, Florida.  Melbourne has a few tall buildings but is NOT the mega city depicted in some of the images.  Also, some of the images are from Cocoa Beach and other cities in the area.  "Google Images" needs to refine it's algorithm.frown

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited November 2020

I'm thinking of saving for new PC parts so badly but I still have an enormous wish list and hopefully the Ryzen 5600x will be available by then and that's just the start I'll get 64 GB RAM and liquid cooling too so it'll be a long and hard journey but I know I can do it 

I figure I'll dedicate some for Daz and some for a new PC then I'll be ready to save for an RTX 3070 Ti or just the 3080 if they're close enough in price

I have a 1070 and always have to be careful so everything fits in the render and some environments use a lot of VRAM even tho they don't look like they would 

I might even buy some stars in Bandori just to see if I'll win another 4 star card. If anyone decides to play it's like Dancerush but for your phone and expert 25 is the true normal while easy mode is actually bore yourself farming free coins, normal very easy, hard easy, and Expert ranging from easy to impossible depending on the song anything harder than certain 27s are that hard. The music's really good too and usually very happy 

Edit: I deleted the list since it wouldn't look good if the stuff showed up on a complaint thread since they show what threads they're mentioned in 

Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Complaint:  While I was installing a new keyboard on my laptop a few weeks ago I accidentally flexed it.  It was okay for a while, but recently the number row has been getting finicky.  Can't remember if I bought another spare.  In the meantime I pulled it out, cleaned it, and made sure everything was seated properly -- still not ideal, but better than it was.

Non-complaint:  As long as I was shutting down the laptop -- I usually just hibernate most of the time -- I figured why not do some clean-up?  Uninstalled some old programs that I don't use or don't work anymore, Dell bloatware I hadn't gotten around to uninstalling, startup programs that were slowing things down, etc.  I discovered there were a few telemetry Windows Updates that had slipped through and uninstalled them.  Lo and behold, the machine is much peppier than it was, and even runs about twenty degrees Fahrenheit cooler while rendering.  Well worth the effort.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited November 2020

a certain art gallery who shall not be named suspended my account for 1 whole month (30 days).  I never saw a warning message.  I don't like how unfair their administrators or moderators are.  I guess delete all my artwork from that website in December when i regain access to the account.  I can't even see my own art gallery to delete the art today.  bah!

Post edited by starionwolf on

i've given up on alll cetain galleries, in favor of making my own.  i still have some renders on renderot'ka

i can'tsee the light blue nor the light yellow fonts.  people are using it in thir sig lines..  leaves me out of the club house.  the honeycomb hide outs

edited November 2020

Non-complaint:  Mmmm..., pizza. yes  Large, mushroom, sausage, black olive, delivered, hot, not DiGiorno, not Dominoes, not Pizza Hut, best non-franchise pizza in area, delivered way out here in the sticks.  Mmmm..., pizza.  Celebrating tomorrow b-day early.smiley

Complaint:  Price, pizza.surprise

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited November 2020

Compliant: My 15 year old fur baby has gone blind over the last 2 weeks ,she's been 90% deaf for a couple of years ,I am so frustrated with not being able to help her more ,it is very sad when she walks in a circle or walks into walls .....her sense of smell isn't that great either ,so she has gotten stuck in corners she couldn't find her way out of the bathroom ,I use a leash to take her outside but she never liked leases so she parks her butt ......and I have to drag her ...which I don't want to do,sure let's just take the dog for a drag ,not fun,I have pee pads all over the house and she still misses them ,and I'm sure my vet is an idiot .....

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited November 2020

A thing I did earlier.

rPipehall-Cycles_0001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 167K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    carrie58 said:

Compliant: My 15 year old fur baby has gone blind over the last 2 weeks ,she's been 90% deaf for a couple of years ,I am so frustrated with not being able to help her more ,it is very sad when she walks in a circle or walks into walls .....her sense of smell isn't that great either ,so she has gotten stuck in corners she couldn't find her way out of the bathroom ,I use a lease to take her outside but she never liked leases so she parks her butt ......and I have to drag her ...which I don't want to do,sure let's just take the dog for a drag ,not fun,I have pee pads all over the house and she still misses them ,and I'm sure my vet is an idiot .....

Our approximately 15 yr old (he was rescued twice so we aren't sure of his exact age) red golden retreiver went deaf this year, so I feel for you and your fur baby. sad

Rezca said:

A thing I did earlier.

Nice work, one time that "fireflies" actualy enhanced a render. smiley

• Complaint:  Someone has kidnapped all of the 8 GB and higher graphics cards.  I don't know who(s).  Would appreciate that person/peoples please stop hoarding them and then scalping them at triple the MSRP price.  Thanks.  I have a barebones system coming in Monday next week, and I had to settle for a 6GB video card, or own an inoperable 63lb brick.  Guess Iray renders will have to continue to wait a while longer.

Observation:  Apparently the hottest items in 2020 are masks, toilet paper, paper towels, and NVidia Graphics cards.  (one of these items are not like the other..one of these items are not the same... )frown

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Happy Birthday, Leather Gryphon!  I hope you have a great day!

Dana

This discussion has been closed.