The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

i need to order a part for my radio.  If I buy the part from the manufacturer in the United Kingdom I will save around $15 to $20 but it will arrive 4-8 days later.  I think I'll save $15.  The store in the United States charges an extra $15 or $20 for some reason.

Make sure that the UK price includes all the custom duties. etc

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Non-Complaint:  I had to reset my password 'cause I forgot it,  but when I logged into 3DTotal I found out that I can still download the  Total Texture collections even years later whooo!  I got the DvDs on my shelf right here but no way to access them since neither of my laptops have a disc drive and my external one is on its last legs

• Rezca said:

Non-Complaint:  I had to reset my password 'cause I forgot it,  but when I logged into 3DTotal I found out that I can still download the  Total Texture collections even years later whooo!  I got the DvDs on my shelf right here but no way to access them since neither of my laptops have a disc drive and my external one is on its last legs

So sorry to hear about your wobbly external DVD player.  Here's a cheap solution https://www.amazon.com/Black-Rubber-Feet-Stick-Bumper/dp/B06XPFDQBH?ref_=ast_sto_dp ;devil

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

The website says: Customers outside the UK and EU pay the lower (Ex. Tax) prices!

I saw no customs duties on the checkout page.  Thanks.  Now I need to wait 8-10 days.  At least Royal Mail shipping is faster compared to China post.

Chohole said:

i need to order a part for my radio.  If I buy the part from the manufacturer in the United Kingdom I will save around $15 to $20 but it will arrive 4-8 days later.  I think I'll save $15.  The store in the United States charges an extra $15 or $20 for some reason.

Make sure that the UK price includes all the custom duties. etc

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,943
    edited November 2020

...mmmm.......Tonnes Of Salami.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    TJohn said:

That's a version of a T-shirt and slogan that circulated after a particularly badly-run science fiction convention in San Diego (ConDiego) in 1990.  "My name is ConDiego Montoya.  You killed my weekend.  Prepare to die!"   Without that context, it isn't particularly funny, just a plug in for 'father'.  My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my process.  Prepare to die.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

do those ipad majigs have wireless charging?  wondering if i need a tablet majjig

definitive??  flash is faster than superman

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903
    edited November 2020

2BA1B5C2-FFDA-4A8C-92BD-2018DF5A8070.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,903
    Mystiarra said:

On foot? Possibly. But Superman can fly fast enough to go backwards in time. 

• Mystiarra said:

Doubt it. But they can both vibrate their molecules fast enough to walk through a wall.

Gordig said:

He did; to bring Margot Kidder back to life.  At least she was no longer squished, so that's a good thing, I suppose.

• Mystiarra said:

Doubt it. But they can both vibrate their molecules fast enough to walk through a wall.

Gordig said:

He did; to bring Margot Kidder back to life.  At least she was no longer squished, so that's a good thing, I suppose.

Good for the Kidder kiddies.yes

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Why do the forums suck with Safari on iOS?... I just noticed that in (iOS) Firefox the icons are back and the fonts look correct... in Safari not so much.

And the bug where tapping on any of the choices/links in the blue bar/banner at the top will cause the choices/links at the top black bar/banner to be activated instead is super annoying in both Safari and Firefox.

Probably will be months till it's fixed, if ever.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited November 2020

it is 70 degrees F outside but I am looking for a lightweight blanket for winter.

Post edited by starionwolf on

...it was 76° in Milwaukee WI (where I used to live) yesterday while here in Portland OR (where I now live) it was 43°.

hang on a sec while we log you out 

feeling sorry for myself again,  hear the pity violins.  tried to play with particles but the settings just look like a smudge of ink on the screen

i cant peel a potato safely but put a twinkie in my hand i can get the wrapper off

edited November 2020
    Mystiarra said:

i cant peel a potato safely but put a twinkie in my hand i can get the wrapper off

(You mentioned you still have blurry vision so I'm using a bigger font...)

Don't peel the Twinkie... you can eat them raw, no need to bake them and they taste terrible with sour cream and chives.

Chives... I've always felt that sounds like the name of a small parasitic insect...

"Sorry Mr. Johnson... You've got a bad case of chives... here, use this ointment and they should go away in a few days..."

Wait... Chives are the thing you put on potatoes... Right?... 

Not Chiggers...

I should look that up...

I'm pretty sure Lay's had a Sour Cream & Chiggers potato chip flavor one year when they did that yearly Flavor Contest... They've had a lot of questionable flavors like "Capuchin" which tasted more like coffee than a monkey and "Fried Green Tomatoes" which tasted nothing like the movie or what I imagine Cathy Bates would taste like... presumably fried, with green tomatoes... I'm assuming that was the flavor they were shooting for since the movie had that late reveal dabbling in mild cannibalism.

Sorry if that was a spoiler... but everyone has had like thirty years to see that movie and I don't think that letting on that Fried Green Tomatoes is a introductory cannibalism prequel to Silence of the Lambs and that Evelyn Couch was Hannibal Lecter's half sister is a huge surprise. 
    It was all pretty obvious... Evelyn/Evil Lyn... Couch/Lecter was a psychiatrist... where do the patients sit during therapy?... Not very subtle. 

And Dolores Claiborne which was the sequel to Fried Green Tomatoes made few attempts to cover up its connection to the Steven King universe and how Evil Lyn/Dolores/Annie Wilkes eventually ends up in Maine abducting authors of cheesy Victorian romance novels.

Well, I hope I didn't spoil any of those movies for you...

I actually didn't really see any of them all the way through... I have a bad habit of watching movies late at night, falling asleep and waking up to another movie which I just assume is the rest of the first one... I took me years to realize that Casablanca didn't have Abbot and Costello in it and that Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory didn't feature a fight between Godzilla and Mothra...

Also some movies I'll watch while taking a snack right before I have to go out, so I'll end up taking years to see a movie... I'll turn on the TV while eating and see something like Driving Miss Daisy or Shawshank Redemption at some random part, watch fifteen minutes of it and then a year later I'll come across it again and watch another random part, till eventually I've seen a 120 minute movie in 256 random ten to fifteen minute installments over the course of six years... which is like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle using five sets of the same puzzle mixed together with at least two unrelated puzzles blended into the pile.

It makes most movies more fun to be honest.

Anyway...

Dont peel your Twinkies and do get well soon... (the blurry eyeballs).

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited November 2020

the scariest monster movie i fell asleep during, the gamara movie with the 2 kids walking in his stomach and gamara started reviving.

scarier when the kids were walking around the sleestak caves when the sleestack started waking up from hibenation.

silence of the turkeys

Post edited by Mistara on

It's dark outside. Is that normal at 3 a.m.?

edited November 2020

...depends what side of the equator you are on and how far towards one of the poles.

At Palmer Station Antarctica sunrise is 03:56 local time so morning twilight would begin around 03:00.  In McMurdo Base its currently light for 24 hours.

Meanwhile in Barrow Alaska the sun doesn't come up until 11:35 and in Resolute Bay, Nunavut (Canada) it is dark for 24 hours

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Then I guess a better question would be, "Where am I?"

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,454
    edited November 2020
    TJohn said:

It's dark outside. Is that normal at 3 a.m.?

Diagnostic mode:  What is it that makes you think it's dark outside?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

My darkness is on the inside....

Muahaahaahaahaahaahaaaa!

But I suppose if I brought a very tremendous powerful light inside the body...

Naa... you'd have be an idiot to do that.

I'll just have to live with my darkness.

edited November 2020

Gaslighting mode:  It's not dark outside.  You're wrong.  You're just confused.  You need help.

• TJohn said:

Also, is your clock in the same time zone?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    TJohn said:

Unless you're using a sundial in the dark, which has a converse set of issues.

edited November 2020
    TJohn said:

Unless you're using a sundial in the dark, which has a converse set of issues.

Relativity mode:  We need to know how fast you're travelling in relation to your clock.smiley  Similarly, are you or your clock anywhere near a black hole?

edited November 2020

Complaint:  My poor 10 year old HP G60 laptop has apparently reached the end of its upgradability.sad  It has made it up from Windows7 to Windows10 version 1909 but cannot get upgraded to version 2004, much less to the yet newer version 20H2, because of an incompatability with a Conexant audio chip for which the driver has not yet been upgraded by either HP or the defunct Conexant.no  This will not be a show stopper, because I rarely use the laptop except when travelling or when feeling masochistic and want to play in a 4GB field of molasses with only two cores at 2.1GHz.  However, I like this old laptop.  It was a gift from my now deceased step-mother when I was at my lowest point and it enabled me to house and feed myself by going on computer repair housecalls with a decent tool at hand.   It is in pristine condition with a new battery, a 1TB SSD, no dust or grime, no scratches or blemishes nor any non-functioning parts.  I can continue to run version Win10-1909 on it and the world will not explode.indecision

Non-complaint:  On the other hand, I now have an excuse to start laptop shopping.yes  Wheee!   The only problem being that they've nearly doubled in price since this one was new.frown

This discussion has been closed.