The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    DanaTA said:

Happy Birthday, Leather Gryphon!  I hope you have a great day!

Dana

+1yes

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,454
    edited November 2020
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Wheee, somebody noticed.  smiley

And I was being so discrete.indecision

I'm going to celebrate by staying home and not seeing anybody.  Kinda like the rest of the year.frown  BUT, today I'm going to uncork that bottle of Moët & Chandon so that I don't remember most of the afternoon/evening.  Any suggestions (short of lobotomy) for not remembering most of this year? 

If I had any, I'd fill the bathwater with soap bubbles and float amongst them sipping champagne, singing sea dittys and reciting Russian poems.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    TJohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

+1yes

+2  enlightened

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    Chohole said:
    TJohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

+1yes

+2  enlightened

+ 3

• DanaTA said:

Dana

I'm going to celebrate by staying home and not seeing anybody.  Kinda like the rest of the year.frown  BUT, today I'm going to uncork that bottle of Moët & Chandon so that I don't remember most of the afternoon/evening.  Any suggestions (short of lobotomy) for not remembering most of this year? 

If I had any, I'd fill the bathwater with soap bubbles and float amongst them sipping champagne, singing sea dittys and reciting Russian poems.surprise

Happy Birthday. You could always skip the bubble bath and, like John Cleese, go straight to the Russian poetry. Presumably without Jamie Lee Curtis.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited November 2020
    carrie58 said:

Compliant: My 15 year old fur baby has gone blind over the last 2 weeks ,she's been 90% deaf for a couple of years ,I am so frustrated with not being able to help her more ,it is very sad when she walks in a circle or walks into walls .....her sense of smell isn't that great either ,so she has gotten stuck in corners she couldn't find her way out of the bathroom ,I use a lease to take her outside but she never liked leases so she parks her butt ......and I have to drag her ...which I don't want to do,sure let's just take the dog for a drag ,not fun,I have pee pads all over the house and she still misses them ,and I'm sure my vet is an idiot .....

Sorry to hear that :(

TJohn said:
    Rezca said:

A thing I did earlier.

Nice work, one time that "fireflies" actualy enhanced a render. smiley

Thanks~  If refering to the little spots those are actually a simple particle setup I had going ^^
    I wanted smoke/haze but didn't know enough about the system so just threw up my hands and said "Forget it, I'll just do somthing simple"  xD

DanaTA said:

Dana

IT'S THEIR CAKE DAY??

untitled-8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 426K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited November 2020

Oops, double post.blush

edited November 2020
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Happy Birthday. You could always skip the bubble bath and, like John Cleese, go straight to the Russian poetry. Presumably without Jamie Lee Curtis.

I'll leave the nude dancing to Mr. Cleese.  Actually, one of the poems is "Molitva" by Lermantov, which is the poem that John Cleese is reciting in that scene.  The attached image below is an arrangement that I created and framed to hang on my wall next to the door so that I can stop and recite it everytime I go out.

The translation is: 

The Prayer -- by Mikhail Lermontov

When my life is arduous,

If sadness freezes blood,

I say one prayer marvelous,

I learned it all by heart.

There's vigor unbelievable

In living word's accords,

And breathes unfamiliar

and holy charm in words.

A heart becomes not troublesome,

And doubts go awry,

And comes the truth and I cry,

And soul wants to fly. To fly.

Молитва.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 82K
  • DanaTA said:

Dana

I'll leave the nude dancing to Mr. Cleese.  Actually, one of the poems is "Molitva" by Lermantov, which is the poem that John Cleese is reciting in that scene.  The attached image below is an arrangement that I created and framed to hang on my wall next to the door so that I can stop and recite it everytime I go out.

The translation is: 

The Prayer -- by Mikhail Lermontov

When my life is arduous,

If sadness freezes blood,

I say one prayer marvelous,

I learned it all by heart.

There's vigor unbelievable

In living word's accords,

And breathes unfamiliar

and holy charm in words.

A heart becomes not troublesome,

And doubts go awry,

And comes the truth and I cry,

And soul wants to fly. To fly.

Yes, I thought it was one of the pieces you'd been studying. Nice compositon with the poem.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    DanaTA said:

Dana

from me too

• Non-complaint:  Wow, all these congratulations!surprise  Thank you. smiley But all I've done is go around the Sun 72 times and made it ~0.00000036th of the way around the Milky Way.cool

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:
    Chohole said:
    TJohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

+1yes

+2  enlightened

+ 3

+4

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,946
    Mystiarra said:
    Diomede said:
    Chohole said:
    TJohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

+1yes

+2  enlightened

+ 3

+4

...+8 (counting all the non "+ed" ones in between)

my local pizza place is asking for donations to stay open.  woes.  silence of the pizza

complaint  window shopping o the victorian street front is empty windows

queen mary chocolatier heart

shock-o-lott

• AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224

Complaint! The gov in this state is in danger of causing a food crisis in rural areas! What is she going to do if the only store/ stores in a town are ordered closed for 2 weeks due to having 4 rapid response's in 14 days? Is she going to send in the National Guard with trucks of food for those people who can't drive down the highway to the closest town that has an open grocery store?

Happy Birthday LG.

...been a while.

Quite a long one, yes.

edited November 2020
    Amalthea said:

Complaint! The gov in this state is in danger of causing a food crisis in rural areas! What is she going to do if the only store/ stores in a town are ordered closed for 2 weeks due to having 4 rapid response's in 14 days? Is she going to send in the National Guard with trucks of food for those people who can't drive down the highway to the closest town that has an open grocery store?

Welcome back. yes

This could be an entreprenurial opportunity for someone with a car/van/small truck, or grocery stores willing to deliver groceries.enlightened

The times they are a-changin' 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367
    Amalthea said:

Surely if the stores are closed they are all closed or is it just rural ones that the goveror is planning on closing. And why not utilise the army to help in a pandemic, seems sensible to me. In the UK the army help out in a crises, fires floods etc.

my young cousin offered to help me with my tree this weekend.  didnt tell her i cant see the ornaments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180
    scorpio said:
    Amalthea said:

Surely if the stores are closed they are all closed or is it just rural ones that the goveror is planning on closing. And why not utilise the army to help in a pandemic, seems sensible to me. In the UK the army help out in a crises, fires floods etc.

Generally, that falls to the National Guard, and is up to the Governor of the state to call them in.  

Dana

edited November 2020

Our grocery stores in NY State are still open, but the banks have reduced service to drive-thru only, again.

Non-complaint:  Wheee..., I finally got to the grocery store today.  Good weather, clear and about 50F.  I bought a ship load of groceries, mostly canned goods, meats, bread, milk, fresh fruit, and salad stuff that I can't get through Amazon Pantry.  Lots and lots of canned goods.  My cupboards and new shelf space are full to bursting.  I'm really all set for winter now.  Wheee... no more major grocery shopping until spring.  I got a ride home with the perishables and had all the canned goods delivered by the store about 2 hours later.

Complaint:  From Oct 1st, including Amazon Pantry and the local Grocery store in the last 7 weeks, I've spent a smidgen over $624 on groceries.​  This doesn't count the bit of stocking up I did in the months previous.surprise 

'Nother non-complaint:  But I'm all set for Winter.  I will not starve nor get too bored with my food choices, regardless of the weather or my finances or the pandemic situation.yes  And no more major grocery expenses for several months.  Wheee...smiley

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

It's bad enough that the grocery stores are full of annoying people, now I've got this guy following me around in Stop & Plop*...

I don't get along with robots and this one has to keep crossing my path... That didn't turn out so well for the Roomba.

*Stop & Shop

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Roombas were invented by our cat overlords to ride around on for fun.

edited November 2020

...until you put googly eyes on them.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    kyoto kid said:

...until you put googly eyes on them.

My cats hate all vaccum cleaners but I am not sure that it's the googly eyes.   I bought a new vacuum cleaner and One of my cats has adopted the empty box.  She has found that the moulded card type packing thingy that fitted over Henrys top part is ideal as a bed within a box,

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2020

Most cats hate vacuums because it reminds them of the robot insurrection on their home world of Meow, many many millenniums ago.

In the end the cats defeated the robots and used them like Segway scooters to humiliate them... this is why today we can still see bolder cats riding about on Roombas like their legendary heroes of old, showing off for the YouTube lols to the other cats online.

Also lots of dumber cats hate vacuums because they've heard "Nature abhors a vacuum" and they don't want to piss off nature.

This is what happens when a noble ancient alien species seeks refuge on earth and interbreeds with a genetically compatible native species... you get cats that anthropomorphically stand upright, use the internet, drive farm machinery, ride around on dogs, can operate doors and use toilets on one end of the scale and on the other you get cats that wear toast on their heads, hide in paper bags, fight with their reflections and think the Hoover is a metaphor for divine pronouncement.

@Chohole...

I think your cats might be of Meowian descent... the cardboard box thing was part of their strategy to defeat the robots... something like the Trojan Horse... Also Meowian cardboard was like one of the strongest materials in the galaxy... (it's still a prized material)... all their ships were made of it and looked like they were constructed out of boxes... this is why a lot of cats hang out in cardboard boxes... they're reminiscing about cruising about the stars in their magnificent cardboard spacecraft like in the stories their mums would tell them when they were kittens.

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:

It's bad enough that the grocery stores are full of annoying people, now I've got this guy following me around in Stop & Plop*...

I don't get along with robots and this one has to keep crossing my path... That didn't turn out so well for the Roomba.

*Stop & Shop

Marty!!

Marty doesnt actually clean.  he lets the store's minimum wagers know where the cleanups are needed

This discussion has been closed.