The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'll tell them my symptoms, then they pay me not to go if they think is covid..  my anxiety gets so bad cant keep plain water down. i'm okay with my eye dr, she doesnt check blood pressure or ask me to take clothes off.

complaint  retail frustrations.  i need a new futon.  wanna find one i can lean my head back in couch configuration.  descriptions dont even mention it.  searching all january, amazon, target, wayfair, walmart.  half dont give dimensions at all.  frames dont show pictures of the slats.   bar slats hurt after a few hours

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

I have a bad knee. Went to the doctor to get a permission slip for a handicapped tag.
    Receptionist wanted $150.00 and for me to sign an agreement to take any tests he wanted, and pay for the tests.
    Doctor owns the lab, wanted a blank check.
    I wanted him to look at the existing records and x-rays I'd brought and say, "Yep, you're handicapped".

So I'll park in the pregnancy or electric vehicle spots. All is well.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Petercat said:

I have a bad knee. Went to the doctor to get a permission slip for a handicapped tag.
    Receptionist wanted $150.00 and for me to sign an agreement to take any tests he wanted, and pay for the tests.
    I wanted him to look at the existing records and x-rays I'd brought and say, "Yep, you're handicapped".

Are you in the U.S.?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...eight hours twenty two minutes. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Not a complaint..... Whooooooooooooooohoooooooooo!

I leave it up to you what that was about... hint- it wasn't about finding that lost cookie under the sofa a minute ago.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

carrie58 said:

Petercat said:

Are you in the U.S.?

Yes, I am.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2021

Petercat said:

carrie58 said:

Petercat said:

Are you in the U.S.?

Yes, I am.

Then do a search  on the internet for how to get the handicap  tag in your state ,I had a similar issue with my Doctor not wanting to be bother ed to help me get a handicap tag,found out there was a form you could print out and only had to get the Doctor or a nurse to sign the form,I'm in North Carolina ,there should be similar in your state the Doctors just don't want to deal with it ,mine was all "Blah blah blah" when I took the form in and told him to stop BSing me and sign the form...he did. They might do a temporary one which is 6 months till you have tests to prove the disability .....

Post edited by carrie58 on

McGyver said:

I leave it up to you what that was about... hint- it wasn't about finding that lost cookie under the sofa a minute ago.

the squirrels left you a snack as thank you for all the peanuts they've freeloaded over the years 

edited January 2021

my boss called me to say theres an all hands google meeting today and i should attend.

i been fearing layoff news.  i wonder if this is it.  my mind is ditzing cant concentrate on excel formulas.  the next spreadsheet he wants is 18 columns of individual formulas.  he wants the overtime hours for the untion guys roken down. time and a half.  on holidays its double time. lead tech gets 10 percent xtra in the over time rate. overtime rate by technician by a particular project code. and a vertical by chart showing the percents of technician and overtime rate, monthly. + ytd  how am i supposed to focus with layoff fears with a cherry on top.

has anything hit the business news about raytheon?
    by osmosis my day job is now raytheon.  they a british company i think.  wouldnt it be kewl if i could get a transfer to a wales office.  only 3 years to retirement and the impending medicare gap, i'll only be 60.  hoping to skate on the covid work from home deal for the 3 years to go.

forum crawling  expecting 504 error any second,

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

McGyver said:

I know!  And I agree!

Dana

• Feelin' good, happy, happy, joy, joy.  smiley

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

..same here. 

my happiness is coming 40 minutes to an hour.  baked stuffed shells alla sputino steak panino with gorgonzola

sounds like a great name for a medusa.  gorgon Zola  lol

28f outside.  holy mr freeze batman

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited January 2021

Mystiarra said:

my boss called me to say theres an all hands google meeting today and i should attend.

i been fearing layoff news.  i wonder if this is it.  my mind is ditzing cant concentrate on excel formulas.  the next spreadsheet he wants is 18 columns of individual formulas.  he wants the overtime hours for the untion guys roken down. time and a half.  on holidays its double time. lead tech gets 10 percent xtra in the over time rate. overtime rate by technician by a particular project code. and a vertical by chart showing the percents of technician and overtime rate, monthly. + ytd  how am i supposed to focus with layoff fears with a cherry on top.

by osmosis my day job is now raytheon.  they a british company i think.  wouldnt it be kewl if i could get a transfer to a wales office.  only 3 years to retirement and the impending medicare gap, i'll only be 60.  hoping to skate on the covid work from home deal for the 3 years to go.

Transfer to a wale's office might not be so good.  It would probably be a very big office.  But unfortunately, almost certainly in the water. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

and goats taking over the playgrounds

Raytheon is a Massachusetts based company!  They get a lot of defence contracts.

Dana

remember the kool aid commercials?  oh yeahh

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Mystiarra said:

Thinking good thoughts for you. 

Raytheon has a major stake in the F-35, and it remains to be seen how the new US administration will handle that.  The nominee for Sec.Def Austin is on the board of Raytheon, so would have to butt out of those discussions if confirmed.

Sevrin said:

Mystiarra said:

Raytheon has a major stake in the F-35, and it remains to be seen how the new US administration will handle that.  The nominee for Sec.Def Austin is on the board of Raytheon, so would have to butt out of those discussions if confirmed.

funny, i received a raytheon plack today, 5 years recognition.  i started this job in 2003, back when it was aeronautical radio.  guess i got no points for the arinc years. 

they wouldnt send a plack to lull me into a false sense of security

edited January 2021

Mystiarra said:

Sevrin said:

Mystiarra said:

funny, i received a raytheon plack today, 5 years recognition.  i started this job in 2003, back when it was aeronautical radio.  guess i got no points for the arinc years. 

they wouldnt send a plack to lull me into a false sense of security

Or perhaps a real sense of insecurity?surprise 

I never worked for Raytheon, but back in the mid-seventies I did use their computers.  A Raytheon 706 (a slight update of their more popular 704 model), and their next generation RDS-500 (Raytheon Data Systems)  These days it's hard to even find any references to those machines but they were (IMHO) really tough and reliable machines.  The 706 and its OS was a little primitive but was the first machine I put to work doing graphic output.  But the RDS-500 had a better OS and I had it doing multi-tasking, real-time stuff and even better graphics very nicely thank you.  In five years we never had a lick of trouble with either of them.  Just kept on ticking.  Never had to have a Raytheon tech come in to adjust the printer or card reader or teletypes or disk drives or even the tape drives.  Just always worked, from the day I got there to the day I left.  Unlike the IBM and Xerox computers I'd used previously.  And Raytheon provided a cabinet full of documents describing the mechanical, electrical, and OS innards of them.  Some on paper and some on microfiche so I was able to toss in a few extra wires here and there to give it networking capability, and I could tinker with the OS to beef up their real-time & multi-tasking capabilities.

lol  card readers.  had a machine to sort them in case of accidental droppage.  had to wire a board with bantam jacks.  cant remember why tho.  world was ruled by ibm then.  they lost the world after win95.  i briefly remember a pc wish os2 warp in the office.  we used ibm as400 back then.  report smith.

oh yeah and omfg  found options in excel to change the color scheme to dark grey.  what a difference.  i can even see the formula box.  i had so much fun seeing it.  was up to 3am playing with a spreadsheet.  i do love my day job.

mebbe i could freelance spreadsheets after i retire.

i should put some of my spreadsheet creations on my website i'm doing nothing with but been paying for the last 10 years.  spreadsheet works of art smiley

venetian is vinice italy, not vienna, ?

i love the trianon/muebles sets heart

Please use a larger device to veiw/manage your products. Thank you

my monitor is 32 inches

Mystiarra said:

i should put some of my spreadsheet creations on my website i'm doing nothing with but been paying for the last 10 years.  spreadsheet works of art smiley

I wouldn't do that.  The spreadsheets you create for you job are not your property, they belong to the company.  I don't know if they'd appreciate you posting them publicly, even if you removed their data.  It could be a legal nightmare for you.

Dana

looking at some pre raphaelite art.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Raphaelite_Brotherhood

nice art. lighting is gorgeous.

DanaTA said:

Mystiarra said:

I wouldn't do that.  The spreadsheets you create for you job are not your property, they belong to the company.  I don't know if they'd appreciate you posting them publicly, even if you removed their data.  It could be a legal nightmare for you.

Dana

i guess.  my access dbs are works of art to.  wish i could remember half of what i forgot. 

there are some overtime formulas i just accept as is without understanding how its useful to the execs.

a major fail.  tried to make duncan hines chewie brownie mix into pancake batter.  

instead of using veggie oil, which dont digest too well, i subbed plain water.

what coulda been.

edited January 2021

Venetian = of or fom Venice, Italy

Viennan = of or from Vienna, Austria

Venusian = of or from Venus, Planet

Vesuvian = of or from Vesuvius, volcano

Vulcanian = type of volcano characterized by explosive eruptions

Valarian  = herb used as a sleeping drug

Valedictorian = highest ranked student in a class

Victorian = of or from the culture of the time of Queen Victoria

edited January 2021

vesuvian Volcano people, krakatoa

spotted some cute solar flutterbys

Post edited by Mistara on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

LeatherGryphon said:

Venetian = of or fom Venice, Italy

Viennan = of or from Vienna, Austria

Venusian = of or from Venus, Planet

Vesuvian = of or from Vesuvius, volcano

Vulcanian = type of volcano characterized by explosive eruptions

Valarian  = herb used as a sleeping drug

Valedictorian = highest ranked student in a class

Victorian = of or from the culture of the time of Queen Victoria

Viennese is the adjective for things and people pertaining to Vienna. Or as they say, Wiener.

This discussion has been closed.