The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...Vogon = a race who's poetry is the third worst in the universe.

edited January 2021

Mystiarra said:

vesuvian Volcano people, krakatoa

spotted some cute solar flutterbys

..uh oh, glowing flutterbys..  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited January 2021

Sevrin said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Venetian = of or fom Venice, Italy

Viennan = of or from Vienna, Austria

Venusian = of or from Venus, Planet

Vesuvian = of or from Vesuvius, volcano

Vulcanian = type of volcano characterized by explosive eruptions

Valarian  = herb used as a sleeping drug

Valedictorian = highest ranked student in a class

Victorian = of or from the culture of the time of Queen Victoria

Viennese is the adjective for things and people pertaining to Vienna. Or as they say, Wiener.

I knew that.wink  I was just testing if everybody was awake. devil   Actually, when I wrote it I had the queasy feeling something wasn't right but I knew that an "ian" ending wasn't correct.  But notice that all the others start with a "V" and end with an "ian".  I tried for perfection but failed.sad  So, I had to keep adding more examples to try to hide my failing bush amongst the trees.indecision  

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

LeatherGryphon said:

Sevrin said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Venetian = of or fom Venice, Italy

Viennan = of or from Vienna, Austria

Venusian = of or from Venus, Planet

Vesuvian = of or from Vesuvius, volcano

Vulcanian = type of volcano characterized by explosive eruptions

Valarian  = herb used as a sleeping drug

Valedictorian = highest ranked student in a class

Victorian = of or from the culture of the time of Queen Victoria

Viennese is the adjective for things and people pertaining to Vienna. Or as they say, Wiener.

I knew that.wink  I was just testing if everybody was awake. devil   Actually, when I wrote it I had the queasy feeling something wasn't right but I knew that an "ian" ending wasn't correct.  But notice that all the others start with a "V" and end with an "ian".  I tried for perfection but failed.sad  So, I had to keep adding more examples to try to hide my failing bush amongst the trees.indecision  

There's always the Vietnamanians.

..and veterinarians.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the sun is coming up.  it comes as a surprise.

thought the mailbox was someone standing there.  gave myself a fright  lol

when does puppy season start?

edited January 2021

Complaint:  Oh no!  Amazon has issued a recall on my favorite potato chips.surprise  It seems that in the American heartland (e.g. Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, etc.)  Frito-Lay has let loose "party sized" bags of Original Potato Chips that don't declare the presence of milk products in the ingredients.indecision

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/frito-lay-issues-voluntary-allergy-alert-undeclared-milk-small-number-ruffles-original-potato-chips-0

Non-complaint:  I don't live in those areas and I'm not severely alergic to milk products.  And the last bag I ate caused no trouble.  I'm particularly fond of Lay's "Wavy" style chips, they're thicker & more damage resistant than other styles and don't turn to dust during manhandling by grocery clerks or package delivery services.  I like my chips whole, not as crumbs.

But somebody at Frito-Lay is asking "OK, who put milk in the potato chips"?angry

I remember back in the '60s we used to get 5 pound cans of potato chips delivered to the door by the "Charles Chips" company van.  Ah those were the days.  Hot and cold running potato chips.indecision

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Complaint...

F**k... I lent my daughter a slab of bulletproof polycarbonate to use for a jury rigged light box (I actually built her a nice one, but nobody knows where the hell it went)... and apparently she left it in the living room, presumably because she is done with it and so I'd find it to take it back to my workshop, but I came inside in the dark and the damn thing fell on my foot when I was looking for the remote switch for the light...

It friggin weighs a ton... well more like 50-70 lbs, but it the edge is hard and it fell right on my foot... I was hastily installing a desk I made my wife as a surprise, while she was out and I bumbled about in the dark and discovered the little surprise left for me... 

Ugh... so I installed the desk and made myself a very, mostly vodka based drink to lessen the foot pain... then I remembered I didn't eat lunch or anything  else food-like all day...

So now my foot Sorta hurts... but everything is funny...
    I think a mixed drink probably shouldn't be 90% vodka, but whatever...

Well, I'm sorta happy I finished that stupid desk...

it's been a torn in my ass for two weeks since I decided to make it, but I hope she likes it... )she isn't home from shopping yet(

Ssssh... it's a surprise...

Anyway... ?

God... when I read this tomorrow I'm gonna be mortified by my spelling and word stuff...

I love you peeps... like you are all the best... if I ever win the lottery or rob a very snazzy bank, I'm gonna take you all out to a really great dinner...

Wow... I'm really making spellcheck work for its dinner...

is that a saying?

Man I better go before I say something classified or importantly something...

Bye - bye...

Tootles...

is that how you say it?

Well, I should go... somebody is home or the mice are using keys...

Hugs and stuff... bye...

Nope it was the radiator... nobody is home yet... well besides me and the 96,587 spiders that live here...

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

@McGyver Did you break your foot?

96,852 spiders... I forgot Regina had a new litter...

And they ate her... bummer...

Crap... 96,840... more or less... I may have stepped on a few...

Yup... definitely did... 

A moment of silence please as we remember Regina and her multilegged offspring who ate her and then got crushed by me...

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

Yup... definitely did... 

umm so is that  yup you may have stepped on a few or yup you broke your foot ?

• Cool desk!  Shelves, drawers, flat surface and a chair hole.  And it has that stylish barn look too.yes  Sorry for the foot.  And Regina's family.

So... no I didn't break my foot, but I did possibly lessen the spider population in my house a tiny bit... Thank you for asking carrie58... And thanks for the desk related compliment LG...

My wife and daughters came home and thought the desk was very cool... my wife said she kinda expected I was making a desk, since I apparently left the plans for it on the desktop of the MacBook... in my defense it was for like two hours and she never uses that unless she is paying bills.

But she was very happily surprised... apparently she thought I was gonna finish it around Valentine's Day...

Woooohooo... off the hook for a Valentine's Day gift!

Naaa... I'll probably rip some flowers out at the park or something... 

Well, I'm satisfied... also more room in my workshop now, so bonus!

McGyver said:

A moment of silence please as we remember Regina and her multilegged offspring who ate her and then got crushed by me...

a moment of science?  eh? 

Mystiarra said:

..was working so late on a new scene so I almost saw that myself.  Didn't turn in until about 05:30.  Took a nap a little later in the afternoon. 

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Oh no!  Amazon has issued a recall on my favorite potato chips.surprise  It seems that in the American heartland (e.g. Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, etc.)  Frito-Lay has let loose "party sized" bags of Original Potato Chips that don't declare the presence of milk products in the ingredients.indecision

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/frito-lay-issues-voluntary-allergy-alert-undeclared-milk-small-number-ruffles-original-potato-chips-0

Non-complaint:  I don't live in those areas and I'm not severely alergic to milk products.  And the last bag I ate caused no trouble.  I'm particularly fond of Lay's "Wavy" style chips, they're thicker & more damage resistant than other styles and don't turn to dust during manhandling by grocery clerks or package delivery services.  I like my chips whole, not as crumbs.

But somebody at Frito-Lay is asking "OK, who put milk in the potato chips"?angry

I remember back in the '60s we used to get 5 pound cans of potato chips delivered to the door by the "Charles Chips" company van.  Ah those were the days.  Hot and cold running potato chips.indecision

..yeah we had our a couple regional brands that used cans years ago: Only 1# not 5# though. Mrs..Howes also came in a waxed cardboard canisternot metal like Jays. 

Jays did have a 3# box though

edited January 2021

...never bothered to name any of the spiders in my old place.  Was a bit miffed at them because they didn't deal with teh clothing moths that somehow invaded the place. Lost a lovely Irsh cable knit sweater and two Harris Tweed jackets that were in summer storage to the little buggers  Had get a bunch of cedar blocks for the closet and the steamer trunk (mothballs...bad...toxic).

@McGyver,;  Good your foot wasn't broken but that sounded painful fiven the weight.

Oy, 02:17 No all nighter tonight.  

Nite all:

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2021

@KK  Yeah, we had the 1# cans too.  And my memory exaggerates.  I think the big cans were 3# cans not 5.  But remember I was much smaller then, by about 130#

Note:  # = lbs= 0.45Kg

Note2:  "lbs" = "LBS" (an abbreviation of "pounds"), not "1 BS".  # is not a measure of BS.indecision  Although, I'm sure someone could devise one.enlightened  Um..., perhaps "Dungs"?

edited January 2021

kyoto kid said:

Mystiarra said:

..was working so late on a new scene so I almost saw that myself.  Didn't turn in until about 05:30.  Took a nap a little later in the afternoon. 

Ah, retirement.  The time of life when all-nighters are freely available, but nearly impossible.  Also the time when recreational drugs can be done any night of the week, but your body rebels.frown

edited January 2021

complaint  30F and windy. going down to 25F tonight.  took the trash out to the bins.  my  hands trembling from cold, rattling on the keyboard.  it must be warm somewhere.  huddling in a sweats shirt pants, blanket and scarf.  trying not to spill hot tea

poor squirrels.  hopes they alls snug in their accomodations

Post edited by Mistara on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

# = hash tag which often but not always = bs.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

jestmart said:

# = hash tag which often but not always = bs.

Is there anything that isn't often but not always bs?

edited January 2021

Perhaps website inveracity could be measured in "dungs".  let's establish a logarithmic scale.  Similar to earthquake magnitudes.  Each whole number being 10 times worse than the previous number.  Unfortunately measurment is entirely subjective.  There exists no known scientific dung meter device.  But we could assume that a dung value of 7 would be pretty bad.  Almost bad enough to surprise all but the most dedicated conspiracy theorist addicts.indecision

I'll assign 7 as above, and I'll assign fake calls from "IBM repair" people to a dung value of 3 dungs.

Any suggestions for a comparative cause for dung values of 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10?

I'll leave the top end of the scale open for future dungvalanches.

still cant attach an image from iphone.  wanted to share a picture of my cats door draft blocker.

non complaint - they added 20 minutes to the FFvii advent movie.

they trying to turn sephiroth into a super villain.  but i cant not love him.heart  movie has Cloud and Vincent Valentine also in it.  3 cg guys i lust after.  FFvii crisis core has a cg guy named genesis.

This discussion has been closed.