Ds Creative- The Magazine for Daz Studio users!

Comments

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Free account on deviantArt. Publish the PDF as a deviation. Since it is a community of grown ups who are expected to decide by themselves what to look and what not to look, there are neither Talibans nor helicopter moms running around.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,869
    edited December 1969

I´d definitely add this magazine to my watchlist if it were on deviantart!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well even if it was on DA you'd still "have to sign in" to see it because of some of the content and yes "adult filters" would need to be used ... if not for the artwork for the LOVELY free skins ... thank you!!

While in there signed on, there are many "adult" mags so that in itself should not be a problem.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Finally got a chance to sit down and go through all the issues from the beginning. Very nice, good job!

The Issuu signup process is pretty quick and painless, BTW.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I finally got a chance to go through issue 12 tonight, along with the new issue 13, and I just realized I missed out on the free anteater!!!! Noooooooo..... :exclaim:

Sad.... sad panda....

Love the mag though.... always good stuff! I really need to enter a contest one of these days!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,452
    edited December 1969

The latest issue (birthday issue) is full of useful information and gobs of gifts. Thanks! I've started installing and using some of those gifts. I hate to look a gift girl in the mouth, but I noticed that Amy has some unusual teeth - gapped and rounded. It is kind of interesting to have something other than perfect teeth, but I wondered if it was intentional. It reminds me of the teeth of Young Teen Justin when he was first released, before he got fixed. I believe that was attributed to a ZBrush accident.

Amy_for_G3F_Teeth.PNG
    937 x 871 - 2M
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited July 2015

Anyone tried the coupon in Issue 13?

It says it is good on anything, except new items and gift cards, but when I tried it just now I got that the coupon is invalid.

Never mind...user error.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited December 1969

Here are many, but not all, issue 13 freebies.

DS_Creative_13_Freebies.jpg
    1131 x 1600 - 1M
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,869
    edited December 1969

Thats very nice! : )

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

It says it is good on anything, except new items and gift cards, but when I tried it just now I got that the coupon is invalid.

Never mind...user error.

How did you get it to work? I just tried it, but it didn't go through.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Never mind...user error.

How did you get it to work? I just tried it, but it didn't go through.

I just used it while buying one item and it worked ... on "Membership" lol ...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    The latest issue (birthday issue) is full of useful information and gobs of gifts. Thanks! I've started installing and using some of those gifts. I hate to look a gift girl in the mouth, but I noticed that Amy has some unusual teeth - gapped and rounded. It is kind of interesting to have something other than perfect teeth, but I wondered if it was intentional. It reminds me of the teeth of Young Teen Justin when he was first released, before he got fixed. I believe that was attributed to a ZBrush accident.

Looks like it's a doubling up of the Mouth Realism HD morph...

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Congratulations!
    Although I don't like to sign up for things to read on the web I finally decided to do it and I'm glad I did. Signing up was so easy, just a name, an email adress and a password and off you go. And now I can download and read whenever I want off line. Downloaded the latest three already and will be back for the others.

Great magazine too. Well done! I love it and I love the tutorials in it and of course the very nice freebies! %-P

Keep up on doing the things you like

Love, Jeanne :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,760
    edited December 1969

..finally got the PDF situation worked out. So much easier to read.

Especially liked the spotlight on Fisty, as well as the tutorials by Totte and LeAndra. Having tutorials in written format is so much easier to work with.

So one question, how does one go about submitting to the gallery and what if any, are the particular restrictions?

edited December 1969

How do you get the PDF? I couldn't figure it out.

edited July 2015

...click on "Share" .after which a "Download" button will appear.. Click on that and it DL's the PDF version.

I have a lot of difficulty reading anything in Flash format as it is almost dizzying to me the way it scrolls in different directions.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,119
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...click on "Share" .after which a "Download" button will appear.. Click on that and it DL's the PDF version.

I have a lot of difficulty reading anything in Flash format as it is almost dizzying to me the way it scrolls in different directions.

ooo THANK YOU Kyoto.. Me too.. PDF is better for me.. Do the links still work for the freebies however?

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

ooo THANK YOU Kyoto.. Me too.. PDF is better for me.. Do the links still work for the freebies however?

FOUND IT! That sure helps a LOT.. I've been missing them cause I had such a hard time reading them. winks
    To answer my own question.. yes.. the freebie links work in PDF format... YAY!
    I'm off to download the other months now.. THANKs again Kyoto... great big hug for ya. ;)

edited July 2015

llolalane said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...how did you get them to work? I tried right clicking on them but nothing happened and I had to go back to the Flash version.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    llolalane said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...how did you get them to work? I tried right clicking on them but nothing happened and I had to go back to the Flash version.

Kyoto... I'm starting from the beginning issues... So far I've only found one link that doesn't work.. If you get a HAND.. just click it and the download page starts... the link that doesn't work... doesn't have a hand.. so I figure it's gone. Keep trying.. you'll find them... I'm off to try issue 3's freebies. (crosses fingers)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Left-clicking ... and it probably depends on your pdf viewer ...
    I am using Sumatra - free and small
    http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/free-pdf-reader.html

edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

I'm late to the party, but: Congratulations, and thank you very much to all vendors/contributors for one year of excellent work! And of course many thanks for all those wonderful presents we found in this issue!

Yes, the advice here worked. I was able to download the PDF version, which is much easier to read. The links did not work for me, though.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Yay found thread back.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,291

Heads Up - issue 14 is out. I just thought to myself 'Hey it is the 2nd... where's DS Creative with their great tutorials.' :-) I used the issue 13 link and change the number.

• scathascatha Posts: 756

Hey guys Just a reminder to those of you that works in daz, please do join DS Creative discussion group https://www.facebook.com/groups/dazcreative/ or check out our official FB site https://www.facebook.com/DSCreativeMagazine & PLEASE do submit your art and or articles/tutorials, I know you gotta know something (we are trying to get together a beginners guide aswell for the newbies)
    We hold monthly competitions with great prizes to be won & the monthly EM3D sponsored Kings & Queens feature with cash prize up for grabs!
    So come on artists (and for vendors we love to promote and feature) send in your submissions! thank you!

You are under the wrong impression everyone uses facebook? Personally, I would not use facebook or any other social media site even if my life depended on it.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

I second that. Facebook only commerical sites lose my business immedaitely. 

scatha said:

Hey guys Just a reminder to those of you that works in daz, please do join DS Creative discussion group https://www.facebook.com/groups/dazcreative/ or check out our official FB site https://www.facebook.com/DSCreativeMagazine & PLEASE do submit your art and or articles/tutorials, I know you gotta know something (we are trying to get together a beginners guide aswell for the newbies)
    We hold monthly competitions with great prizes to be won & the monthly EM3D sponsored Kings & Queens feature with cash prize up for grabs!
    So come on artists (and for vendors we love to promote and feature) send in your submissions! thank you!

You are under the wrong impression everyone uses facebook? Personally, I would not use facebook or any other social media site even if my life depended on it.

• gabugabu Posts: 303

I third that!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

FYI, you can still read the entire issue without using Facebook.

This discussion has been closed.