Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Well done to have got it in :)

Just as a matter of interest, I had a try getting this bridge which measures 107 yards in Carrara, without the terrain, into Studio - had to bring it in at Silo scale 1 unit = 10cm to get it to fit.

bridge2.jpg
    996 x 559 - 46K
    bridge1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 44K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Wow! That's one heck of a bridge!

Been playing around creating my new Rosie character. Had to take a little time away to mess with this new vehicle, and shoot a render!

SciStreetsRT6Bug.jpg
    1300 x 1640 - 2M
    edited April 2015

That's the Clifton suspension bridge spanning the river Avon at Bristol UK. I made it over a weekend to help a kid with a school project - here's the real thing.

New Rosie is looking as good as the original - nicely done!

Clifton_Suspension_Bridge.jpg
    640 x 414 - 41K
    Post edited by Roygee on
    edited December 1969

Man Roygee,
    You've done an amazing job on that! Magnificent bridge, eh? I'd love to visit it sometime. I also want to take the USS Badger across Lake Michigan, just a few miles south of me. It's the last steam fairer on the lakes. Perhaps I'll model that one day ;)

edited December 1969

You're using an actual height map of the area, aren't you?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI All :)

just some stuff

Hector_C_Oct.png
    900 x 1200 - 2M
    fabricgun2.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Mics_Logo_Clips_.png
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Very nice! Fun, is it not?

edited December 1969

HI Dartanbeck :)

Very much fun, especially modelling in carrara with smoothing levels, so organic, plus,.. Octane for Carrara kick's butt.
    Sorry i missed the launch of that,.
    Life happens when you're least expecing it

Low_bulbs_2.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Arch_Light_ring_1.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI All :)

just some stuff

A Carrara 9mm! Just what I need to add to my collection. The next time some group of Vue bandits tries to draw down on me, this would be the perfect 'quick draw' solution :) Nice!

edited December 1969

You're here now, that's all that matters!
    Hope everything is well. Really nice renders, Sir! ;)

edited December 1969

Thanks, Dart - it was very challenging. Not so much the modelling, but the many, many repetitions and the deadline to get it done over a weekend. The terrain was modeled in Bryce, using its fabulous height-map editor, from scratch and trying to copy photos..

You should have a go at that ferry - I've done a few ships and they are fun :)

Great to see you back, Andy - hope you have a longer stay this time :) Really good renders, as always!

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Thanks, Dart - it was very challenging. Not so much the modelling, but the many, many repetitions and the deadline to get it done over a weekend. The terrain was modeled in Bryce, using its fabulous height-map editor, from scratch and trying to copy from photos...
    Wow! Nice job!
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited April 2015

This is a poster I did for the film Greenhorn last year.

If you live in the States the film premieres Thursday, April 16 at 9:30 p.m. on WKNO/Channel 10.

To quote from the press release :

Former Memphian Anna Olswanger’s book for children titled Greenhorn—based on the true story of an 11-year-old Holocaust survivor who arrives at a Brooklyn yeshiva in 1946—has come to life on the screen and will air on WKNO/Channel 10 on April 16-17 to commemorate Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day.

I was provided with the image of the boys on the chair. Everything else (except the font) is made in Carrara err and then composited .... err ;)

thanks for looking :)

GreenhornFinalPosteToPost.jpg
    1282 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

@Roygee: Excellent model. I blew up much of Bristol in a story last year, although i couldn't bring myself to destroy the bridge!

@3DAge: Gorgeous renders, and much as I hate micro-fluorescents for their appalling light quality and expensiveness, you've presented them in a much better, er, light, than they deserve!

@Dart, love the character and render, although I think the shirt doesn't hang quite right somehow (it's the horrid vacuum-pack look of conforming clothes, I guess)

@HeadWax: Lovely poster. Give Dart one of those shirts, would you? ;) (yes I know they're not CG!)

edited December 1969

thanks Tim, I modelled him on Dart before he started lifting rocks :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Really nice work everybody!

Congrats on the poster Andrew!

Very glad to see you back Andy!

edited December 1969

Just another pin-up style render. This is V4 and the procedural skin shader. I rendered some passes such as SSS, GI, shadows, depth and Normal Coordinates all in C8.5.

I fiddled a bit with the layer blending, or more accurately the Fill amount to get a more pleasing look to the GI, Shadow and SSS passes. I also used the X Normal Coordinate pass to augment the shadow pass.

V4_Vogue.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 458K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

If you live in the States the film premieres Thursday, April 16 at 9:30 p.m. on WKNO/Channel 10.

Former Memphian Anna Olswanger’s book for children titled Greenhorn—based on the true story of an 11-year-old Holocaust survivor who arrives at a Brooklyn yeshiva in 1946—has come to life on the screen and will air on WKNO/Channel 10 on April 16-17 to commemorate Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day.

I was provided with the image of the boys on the chair. Everything else (except the font) is made in Carrara err and then composited .... err ;)

Great work on this image HW...

The pigeons really add to the image... I guess we'll have to wait for the show to come on Netflix ;-)

• Analog-X64Analog-X64 Posts: 110
    edited April 2015

Trying to make a music video to go along with an original composition of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-DOKGganMQ

Post edited by Analog-X64 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

With ANZAC Day coming up..

Sunset.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 696K
    edited December 1969

Nicely Analogue :)

Fruity loops ?

edited December 1969

Hi Evil Producer :)

It's nice to be back,.. almost back.. ...no, I'm Back :)

Good to see you're using 8.5 pro now,. . at last.

Do you have Octane yet ? .. it's very evil. :)

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Evil Producer :)

It's nice to be back,.. almost back.. ...no, I'm Back :)

Good to see you're using 8.5 pro now,. . at last.

Do you have Octane yet ? .. it's very evil. :)

Card's not good enough for it, and it is very pricey. I guess I could try one of the LUX options if I get really desperate for an un-biased renderer, but so far I have no real incentive to do so. I actually like all the functionality Carrara has, particularly with hair, clouds, shaders, etc. I would lose too much.

edited December 1969

I bought a GTX 650 Ti .. whatever that means , with 2GB of memory
    It was about 120 money things.

I'm with you on Carrara's own renderer,. it's still really fast (compared to other biased renderers, and great quality.

The big advantage with octane (for me) is that you can see what you're doing, ..as you're doing it.
    It makes texturing stuff into fun, and lighting into a pleasure.
    The drawback is that the Carrara Shader functions we're used to, like pattern functions, Natural functions and Terrain shaders with elevation and slope etc,..... just aren't there ...yet

Carrara render with a little post :)

V4_Hoodie.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 311K
    edited December 1969

Just messing around with soft-body physics,.
    It seems to have had a lot of work done to make it perform better.
    It's draping nicely on a static model, but still passes through with animation.

Carrara render with some tweaks in post

Hood_.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 323K
    edited December 1969

Really Very nice!

edited December 1969

Really nice work everybody!

Congrats on the poster Andrew!

Very glad to see you back Andy!

Thanks evil ;)

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    head wax said:

Great work on this image HW...

The pigeons really add to the image... I guess we'll have to wait for the show to come on Netflix ;-)

Thanks ! The image was really about the musical 'the phantom pigeon ' but I had to change it ;)

• Analog-X64Analog-X64 Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Nicely Analogue :)

Fruity loops ?

Yes, I use Fruity Loops, it works similar to trackers on the Amiga.

I'm going to start another thread regarding an amiga demo scene I'm trying to recreate that has funny results :)

edited December 1969

I thought so. :) Fruity loops has steadily developed into a really amazing tool, .. but sadly Commodore went in a different direction.
    The Amiga was ahead of everything at that time. I sold a bucket load of those things in the UK (wholesale / retail)

Work In Progress thread's are always interesting. ...I'll look forward,.. to feeling nostalgic . :)

This discussion has been closed.