Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    Dondec said:

BTW... really enjoying the creativity shown here.  I'm sort of a beginner I guess cause I just don't think like Varsel, Evil, Stu S, MD02010 and others.  Pretty amazing stuff guys really .

Wendy... I'm thinking you should be able to bring out the dark background using a replication ring of bulb lights set to very low value, going around the inner perimeter, or maybe even get away with a bit of Scene Ambience since its so contrasty in there.  I generally only use Scene Ambience when I need to render an AO pass, but sometimes it can be used directly, like in very dark scenes.

Great job everybody.

- Don  

I'm flattered to be mentioned in that company!  I think of myself as pretty much a beginner too.  Although I've been dabbling in 3D for many years (originally Poser, then switched to DAZ Studio around the time the first Genesis figure came out then switched completely over to Carrara a little over a year ago and currently learning Blender) it's only in the last two years or so that I've been taking it more seriously and actively trying to get better.  So thanks for the mention - I'm inspired every day by the stuff people post around here. I'd really recommend trying to enter one of the more-or-less-monthly Carrara challenges because the WIP threads are a great place to learn and get tips and even if you don't place the challenge itself is a fantastic chance to practice new things.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    I second that! Really nice and whimsical. Now, if I had thought of it first, I may have not used a balloon to achieve lift, but rather a volumetric cloud and/or a particle generator.. ;-)
  • EyosEyos Posts: 114

Thanks guys for the compliments. :-)

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2015

that new destroyed shopping mall, Octane render

not having as much luck with the Carrara native renderer though

I love, love LOVE your channel!! I'm in the process of downloading your vids for offline viewing! I really can't get enough of your work!

I never gush like this, but your work is incredible!! You should check out Cyriak's channel!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2015

Darn this iPad, I totally missed the two posts before mine and the awesome render and modelling 

that fantasy city looks utterly cool

while not aware of politics involved and realise cannot be shared, your modelling skills rock. Varsel

Oh oh and I do many of my soundtracks, just this video I gave an explanation due to trolls who keep asking why I post videos and what is their purpose, many others did have descriptions but I had a video with 80K views removed by YouTube for metadata abuse due to misleading description so I mass removed all my tags and descriptions to ensue no others got pinged, no explanation was given or chance to remedy.

To hell with the trolls, and youtube for deleting your video! >8^( I don't need any explanation, I simply enjoy what I see and hear and that's enough for me!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
    edited October 2015

Just playing around/doodling with @PhilW's Carrara Seas & Skies bundle and kind of loved this one. A small part of it is going in my challenge entry for this month, but I wanted to show off the full image. :)

CarrarSeas&SkiesBundleDoodle

SkiesAndSeas_ConicalCamera.jpg
    2000 x 1141 - 202K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • Braking Bad fan stuff...... I can edit this if there are sensitive souls around.....

Two Tortugas.jpg
    951 x 1234 - 325K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2015

A fun Kit-Bash using Stonemason's Urban Sprawl as the base environment with the Woodlands environmental controls and lighting rigs, then added some of Coflek Gnorg's Techno Town Construction Kit Vol. 1 and SciFi City Streets and Steampunk Towers props to alter some of the original Urban Sprawl. Interesting about Coflek Gnorg, he includes very good maps with his products for Illumination (where applicable), Specularity and Bump, making it super easy to create Carrara shaders in literally seconds.

US Techno Town 1AH.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 650K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Anyways, you can't really catch the feel of the scene from that crappy little thumbnail. (above post)

It's a scene optimized for animations so it renders quickly and is vast enough for plenty of action and moving, multiple camera shots.

edited October 2015

Does this work? (Just testing something)

Ahhh.... blush

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

Braking Bad fan stuff...... I can edit this if there are sensitive souls around.....

a turtle neck.... hmmmm ... devil

Stezza said:

Braking Bad fan stuff...... I can edit this if there are sensitive souls around.....

a turtle neck.... hmmmm ... devil

LOL! That is one heck of a scene there, Stu! As always, very nicely done!

MDO, I've been enjoying views like that around my home town lately, with the daylight changing. Very nice render.

Jaguar Ella, Love the render! I'm just the opposite - but only due to my own ignorance, or... more precisely... lack of the want to switch to a different engine. Carrara'a native render engine is where I've made my home and find it to be the fastest and easiest solution for 'me', so I just don't want to switch! LOL

I'm definitely considering buying that destroyed shopping mall now, though... thing looks crazy-awesome!

edited October 2015

Okay Yo,   Somethin' ain't right here. Nobody sets a meet in a hole like this... stay sharp!

Fun experiment using a fully spherical skydome (TerraSpheres by Coflek-Gnorg) as a lighting solution, multiplying its color maps to themselves in both Color and Glow channels, setting it to not cast or recieve shadows and finally use Skylight and Full Indirect Lighting in the Render room. Of course using that with no lights at all makes the volumetric cloud fog all but invisible. This is where we start to notice how effective volumetric clouds are as lights themselves! You see, if we cast lights in the scene to only affect the volumetric clouds, anywhere where the clouds are present in the scene will become illuminated by the now lit clouds which, depending upon how you light them and how they're set up and placed, can even alter the hue of the render - really fun to experiment with!

TheMadMeet1AH.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited October 2015

Here is the apocalyptic set of my next movie. This planet was inhabited by descendants of humans who got into an atomic war. The scene was executed with multiple replicators.

Atomic blast.png
    1100 x 618 - 2M
    Post edited by argus1000 on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited October 2015

another test on ambient occlusion

carrara, I love it!

3.jpg
    720 x 402 - 86K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited October 2015

I really like getting Free stuff from DAZ 3D, and I also really like PC prices on really cool stuff!

Even more, I love it that some of this cool free and PC-priced stuff comes with complete sets of maps, especially including Nomal maps - now that C8.5 Pro can use them.

Oh, and I also love Carrara's volumetric clouds, shader editor, lights simplicity, render engine, additional effects that we can add directly at render time... I guess I'm just a really happy guy!

Nebula Raid 1A.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 419K
  • Something quick, just a doodle I did in Silo 2 (testing my new rig), few basic shaders and HDRI as only source of light (GI+AO).

"Abstract shape #41"

Post work (glow, color correction and DOF) done in Fusion smiley

Abs41.jpg
    1555 x 737 - 263K

That's really cool, FifthElement!

• just finished these today.

i would have make one with dynamic hair but Carrara crashes when i try to render it in octane :\

new G2 HDRI.jpg
    1900 x 2500 - 2M
    GT2 cfi.jpg
    1900 x 2500 - 1M
    Look for the Octane thread. There is a discussion on how to use Dynamic hair in Octane. Something about converting the preview hair geometry to something Octane can use. Otherwise, it won't work.
    Oh yeah, Dart and 5th element, really nice work!
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

just finished these today.

i would have make one with dynamic hair but Carrara crashes when i try to render it in octane :\

As long as you have the latest version of Octane4Carrara, it should render Carrara dynamic hair with no problems (I haven't had any crashes in quite a while, latest release seems to be very stable).  You do have to turn on the 'show generated hairs' in the assembly room for the hair, and also if you want all of the hair to render need to set the preview in the assembly room to show all hairs there.  Additionally you'll want to uncheck 'show guide hairs' otherwise those will render too (essentially it will render whatever shows in the assembly room preview, not necessarily what Carrara native renderer would render).

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited October 2015

Thanks ya all, I really appreciate it...

As you all can see, I number my doodles and I have literary hundreds of them, only quite a few I really like and render, till the next one wink

Nice renders Dartan smiley

Post edited by FifthElement on
  • It is the latest version, it renders the hair well, even without octane materials but than the color isn't what it should be.

it seem to have just done problems with some dynamic hairs that renders well in Carrara renderer but not in octane as there will be a message: an error have occurred and you can click ok or cancel.

both will close Carrara 

another lighting test with Howie's stoney creek + realistic skin

236.jpg
    2000 x 1117 - 442K
    256.jpg
    2000 x 1117 - 504K
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited October 2015

Quick mid poly (around 35000) turn table.

Silo 2 modeling, Carrara 8.5 render.

Post in Fusion smiley

(model in OBJ format with textures available on my GoogleDrive link below)

TT8500.jpg
    1280 x 650 - 179K
    Post edited by FifthElement on

Nice turntable!

All the stuff that's been done lately is great!

Here's a Halloween inspired render for your enjoyment. It is heavily postworked.

Ghost-Vicky.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M

another shot of the creek

normalization in post

30.jpg
    2000 x 908 - 510K
    edited November 2015

This is a re-worked and corrected version of my entry for this year's Halloween contest over at Renderosity.  Sadly I didn't finish it before the deadline, so the version I entered was not quite done.  I used an M4 hand, which I edited in the vertex room to add extra finger joints, the mouths on the fingertips and the eye.  The tentacles were modeled in Carrara too.  Carrara native render with a little bit of post-work in Photoshop.

ChangesAreComing

ThingsAreChanging_FinalVersion_sig.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 152K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

That is SO cool!

I like EP's Halloween poster too! That's the spirit (literally) !

This discussion has been closed.