Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

Nice!

On another note, I've been having fun lately lighting indoor scenes entirely with Shape and Tube lights. Of course, as already mentioned earlier... I also have an addiction to adding volumetric clouds. I just can't help it. For it to be making sense in this scene, something very wrong must be going on.

looks great... I reckon a lot of fun with that one.. I must try doing one like it :-)

• Maybe a challenge, but not impossible. ;-)

Yep, not impossible, for sure , that is why I sad sometimes it can be challenging ...

Nice renders BTW, expecially the third one smiley

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited November 2015

Here's some more work on converting my V4 procedural shaders to A3. I think I've got the eyebrow dynamic hair and dynamic hair eyelashes as good as I can get them. They're not perfect, but I think the eyelashes are an improvement over the transmapped lashes.

All the images are meant to show the skin, so they're pretty cheesecake-ey. The first two renders I'm uploading have no postwork, except to add a background and convert to .jpg. I didn't even adjust levels. The third (2nd bunny A3) does have postwork to enhance the effects using various render passes.

I want to stress that these use no image maps to drive colors, bump, highlight/shininess, etc.

Click thumbnails to see full resolution!

A3 proc promo-1.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 810K
    A3 Proc-bunny promo.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 926K
    A3 Proc-bunny promo-post.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 887K
    Post edited by evilproducer on

doing as EP said and making stuff in Carrara... A codpiece

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

great background

• Something I did few years back smiley

CowAndPigFinal.jpg
    1280 x 630 - 357K
  • And one more ...

ToyRocketsFinal.jpg
    1280 x 630 - 345K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Wonga said:

unless it is enabled in the admin workings of the forum it probably won't work no

Here's some more work on converting my V4 procedural shaders to A3. I think I've got the eyebrow dynamic hair and dynamic hair eyelashes as good as I can get them. They're not perfect, but I think the eyelashes are an improvement over the transmapped lashes.

All the images are meant to show the skin, so they're pretty cheesecake-ey. The first two renders I'm uploading have no postwork, except to add a background and convert to .jpg. I didn't even adjust levels. The third (2nd bunny A3) does have postwork to enhance the effects using various render passes.

I want to stress that these use no image maps to drive colors, bump, highlight/shininess, etc.

Click thumbnails to see full resolution!

I'm a sucker for good brows and lashes... cool!  yes SileneUK

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited November 2015

Manchester resident.......thanks to friend Jon for the inspiration..

Piccadilly Lady 70 copy.jpg
    1050 x 1400 - 254K
    Post edited by stu sutcliffe on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Manchester resident.......thanks to friend Jon for the inspiration..

I think I dated her once . . .

It's BMI may be a tad over! cool

Hence the expression, "BMI the size of my overdraft!"

• Hey all, just wanted to let you know that I got done with the A3 Procedural Skin shaders I was working on, and have posted them to ShareCG.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82693/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Carrara-A3-Procedural-Skin-Shaders

I've also started a thread in the Freebies forum with links to some of the other stuff I have at ShareCG.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65863/ep-s-carrara-freebies

• Oh, and Stu, that image is so great, it makes me want to puke, but in a good way! ;-)
  • Stezza said:

It's BMI may be a tad over! cool

Forget the "I" and just say BM. A big, pink BM. If I were her, I would choose TP!

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274

shadow catcher experiment +little postwork

fearless_text.jpg
    1228 x 1125 - 762K

don't ask devil

@Pimpy: Gorgeous. Love the tint on the sky.

@Stezza: Haha!

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274

@Pimpy: Gorgeous. Love the tint on the sky.

Thank you so much Tango Alpha smiley

• Thanks to Tanga Alpha for pointing out that the Petra-like Desert Temple set was on FastGrab. Here's a little render I did earlier today.
    Petra.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Nice, EP! You too Stezza, Fifth, Stu!

Through that PC+ sale, one of those multi-pack sales had this Rapture kit by Jack Tomalin. I was suprised that I didn't already have this - I really needed a spot like this. So this is "Rapture", which is the external portion of the building, without the rock or vines, and "Rapture II", which is the expansion kit with the full interior (including the ginormous spiral staircase), the vines, and the huge spiraling rock it's sitting on. Without changing a single shader, I plopped it into Woodlands, switched some stuff around, and I'm starting to like how it's shaping up.

bigh said:

Awesome!

Thanks, bigh. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

• Nice, EP! You too Stezza, Fifth, Stu!

Through that PC+ sale, one of those multi-pack sales had this Rapture kit by Jack Tomalin. I was suprised that I didn't already have this - I really needed a spot like this. So this is "Rapture", which is the external portion of the building, without the rock or vines, and "Rapture II", which is the expansion kit with the full interior (including the ginormous spiral staircase), the vines, and the huge spiraling rock it's sitting on. Without changing a single shader, I plopped it into Woodlands, switched some stuff around, and I'm starting to like how it's shaping up.

Wow Dartanbeck - that first one is beautiful! 

edited November 2015
    MDO2010 said:

Wow Dartanbeck - that first one is beautiful! 

Thanks! It's one impressive set. It took some time to load everything in, but it's just loaded with detail. Totally worth waiting for.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2015

Just playing around with particles (for the bubbles). laugh

And now back to the MST3K marathon!

Beer

BeerMugFinal.jpg
    640 x 480 - 52K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Ah Mark, I see that you are from a Northern country (no foam upon the beer), but very good result with the particles of Carrara.
    Personally, I think that the Pycloid plugin is lighter for animation but your render is excellent.
    Cheers!

MDO2010 said:

Just playing around with particles (for the bubbles). laugh

And now back to the MST3K marathon!

Yum! Cheers, Mate!

Beer? I thought that was cider! (yum, hic!)

This discussion has been closed.