Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited August 2015

Calling this a "final" for now.   Got G2F poised on her toes, slightly off ballance, using the column to stabilize herself, waiting for someone special to return.

I originally intended to add a distant figure, walking up the hill, but I'm so happy with the lighting and the grand Vista, adding more things seemed only to "take away".  Hopefully you'll find it a very relaxing gaze.

- Don

MED Pool 26 Ground Color COMP.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 530K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Very nice Don. I also like the translucency on the dress. So many people forget about that touch.

It can increase render times, but for certain looks, I like to add translucency, a tiny amount of transparency and along with that, a Fresnel effect. I'll see if I can find an example I have done.

Here's one where I used translucency, a little transparency and refraction and Fresnel effect for the nightgown.
    babydoll02.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 825K

Awesome image there EP.  I've never thought about or used translucency yet, but I see your point on this here.  Fresnel also makes sense.  Good tips, Thanks.

- Don

Must have used either alpha or transparency then?

Translucency is a great shader channel to get to know. Need light through a lamp shade? Have a creature with great big gnashing teeth? Have a giant, internally lit, '70s era movie spaceship? Translucency!

Into the Maelstrom03.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 834K
    edited August 2015

Been working some more on faking SSS.

Click on thumbnail for full sized image.

English-cottage-V4-6.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited August 2015

Here's the raw render and one where I had used layer passes to fix issues with rendering a light cone and hair in the same scene. I also rendered a depth pass for adding the DOF in Photoshop.

In addition to the the depth pass, I rendered a volume effects pass and a volume primitive pass. The volume effects pass gave me the light cone in its own layer (Linear Dodge), and the volume primitive pass gave me the dynamic hair in two layers. One black and white, and the other color. The black and white layer was set to Multiply and the color was set to Linear Dodge.

Click on thumbnails for full sized images

Eng-cottage V4-6-raw.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Eng-cottage V4-6 partial post.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Eng-cottage V4-6-raw.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Eng-cottage V4-6-raw.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M

Awesome effect EP.  Neat trick!

Starting a new project here... auditioning characters at the moment.  I've finally finally figured out how to use DS to fit V4 clothing onto G2F and export to Carrara reliably.  At least I think I have.  Haha, its like I wanna scream "it works... it works"... but I better put in more testing later this week. 

Anyway, Keshi figure, V4 Happy Camper Tee and Vest, touch of Glow Channel for fake SSS... before and after. 

BTW, I tried DS Iray for the first time since I had the figure all set up there.  For doing absolutely no tweaking and using default light, I thought the IRay render was pretty amazing.

Don 

Figures01.jpg
    320 x 240 - 7K
    Figures02 sharp.jpg
    640 x 480 - 51K
    Snagit1.jpg
    771 x 531 - 44K

EP... that space ship render... one of the best I've seen.   How'd you do the smoke/cloud effects.  Really adds!

- Don

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

This is the DS version of Baby Luna in Carrara 8.5 beta rendered as is. I didn't have time to play with it yet.

Baby Luna

thanks for that, sorry I didnt see it!!! apologies , the kid looks good ;)

edited August 2015
    Dondec said:

EP... that space ship render... one of the best I've seen.   How'd you do the smoke/cloud effects.  Really adds!

- Don

Thanks Don!

I used volumetric clouds, tweaked the silver lining settings, color etc.

I love volumetric clouds for all sorts of things, but they really lend themselves well to space scenes!

Enterprise-and-Bird-of-prey.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 589K
    city planet.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited August 2015

I guess you could call this a doodle.

I seem to be drawn to the toon style characters more than the realistic ones.

Jasmin-Amy-Kimberly-soccer1-1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 303K
    Post edited by de3an on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool toon  wink

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    bigh said:

cool toon  wink

Thanks!

• Something I did while ago ...

smiley

RedHot.jpg
    1555 x 668 - 304K

Something I did while ago ...

smiley

Sweet! That is beautiful!
  • Something I did while ago ...

smiley

Sweet! That is beautiful!

Thanks, used Carrara's volumetric cloud, ship is from this guy here : http://www.solcommand.com/

He is sharing his beautiful collection of low poly spaceships on Microsoft's OneDrive. Check it out wink

• CoolBreezeCoolBreeze Posts: 207
    edited August 2015

"Tessla - Own My Own"

In continuation from a prior image done a few years ago , "Tessla, Iron Knight"  http://jadeonar.deviantart.com/art/Tessla-Iron-Knight-308632968

This update was done a little while ago, while I was feeling down, as well as listening to Stan Bush's "On My Own" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU7MPYF_1I4

Done all in Carrara 8.5 , Full G.I, all skin is multiple layers of textures and alpha maps mixed in Carrara's shader tree. No post-work, save for signature added.

Rather than writing a story for this piece, I'll leave it open to the viewer's interpretation.

Enjoy.

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Whoops... Argh... Sorry! Forgot the new forums don't have that nudity flag ... Render took too long as it is, guess this one will have to stay out...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040

put on DA with a nudity filter and link it

put on DA with a nudity filter and link it

Already did, link in the post takes you to the original / first image "Tessla - Iron Knight" (no nudity) i did a few years ago, and once there, I have the link to today's image, same character totally new render.

Its not often I do an image with a slight bit of nudity or a bit mature content. Although I'll want to do more images of Tessla. Might become a series...

Enjoy ;)

"Lithium Angel"

Lithium Angel.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 296K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2015

Great job, everyone.  Several of these fit the Above and Beyond theme.

Got to ask yourself, why not take a chance at $100 in Daz stuff?

Witch 2 WIP challenge.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 160K
    Post edited by Chohole on

So true, Diomede. My problem is an extremely frustrating creative block and a lot of overtime that is sapping what energy I have left.

On the plus side, I do have an idea I'm toying around with.

In the meantime, here's a render with the fake GI skin texture I've been working on. It uses the Reby Sky Elite Carrara textures as a starting point. I also used AoA's free ring mail Carrara shaders from his site and applied them to a modified Eweyai clothing set.

I rendered the image with caustics and a crapload of render passes. I'm re-rendering without caustics as I think the effect is too strong, so I'll take the caustic render pass and layer it over the non-caustic version and adjust to desired effect. I'm posting the raw render and the postworked render. I'll post the non-caustic composite later for comparison.

The pose is a canned pose, to get the figure in the general pose, then I used target helpers and IK tracking for the hands to get them where I wanted them.

Other than the caustics, there was no GI, so the light calculations were pretty quick.

Fantasy pinup-raw.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 914K
    Fantasy pinup-PW.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 919K
    Jadeonar said:

"Lithium Angel"

Very nice job on that one. Like the guitar.

I rendered my previous scene without caustics enabled and copied and pasted the caustics render pass and composited it with the non-caustics render to give a slightly more subtle caustics effect. Obviously this has been post-worked to add the caustics layer and also to enhance other elements in the scene by using the other render passes, such as glow, reflection/refraction, transparency, depth, etc.
    Fantasy pinup02-PW.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 889K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040

The last one is best simply because you see her jewel is glowing not her lady parts wink

lovely image but in the first two  my eye was drawn to the alien in her birth canal shining through cheeky it has that SSS glow from under skin look,  the last one looks sexy and if ones eyes are drawn to the jewel and lingers on the underlying flesh it is for the normal reasons.

good one EP post work enhances as this clearly shows.

Jadeonar said:

"Lithium Angel"

Very nice job on that one. Like the guitar.

Thanks E.P! Just a little different variation from an earlier image, and much more improved. I havn't worked with the lunar terrain surface before (should have done so for the earlier iteration, would have turned out better), I'm liking how it turned out. The Axe was from Rendo - MechanAxe or something, in obj format. Decided to use a neon green glow shadr for the strings, and the body is my own custom shader (1 of couple hundred :p)

Nice work on your image also. Sometimes a render takes more work than anticipated to the end result looking the way you want it.

The last one is best simply because you see her jewel is glowing not her lady parts wink

lovely image but in the first two  my eye was drawn to the alien in her birth canal shining through cheeky it has that SSS glow from under skin look,  the last one looks sexy and if ones eyes are drawn to the jewel and lingers on the underlying flesh it is for the normal reasons.

good one EP post work enhances as this clearly shows.

Thanks Wendy. I like the last one best as well.

Beautiful renders EP, and looking at the different versions is alway fun. 

Actually I like the gem in the 2nd one better... it seems to have more spec along the cut edges, which gives more eye appeal IMO. 

- Don

This discussion has been closed.