Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• my full music video

the shorter embeddable vimeo version

I saw your note over on YouTube that you performed the soundtrack as well, I like it.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2015

Working on some establishing shots for a setting in the GURPS Fantasy campaign (tabletop dice and paper RPG stuff if you don't know smiley)I'm currently running - I like to give the players the occasional image to help give them a feel for the places they visit.  This is a seaside town the characters are being sent to in order to investigate some mysterious happenings.  I'm kind of going for a fantasy-medieval version of the strange, insular and isolated New England towns that pop up in the works of Steven King and HP Lovecraft.  Right now the buildings are kind of blending into the background and I'm thinking about adding some more colorful paint to them. My original concept was a lake town which is why the water is so calm - for the final I'll make it rougher so it looks more like an ocean...although I do love the reflections in the night shot, so maybe not - I haven't decided.

The buildings are mix of fantasy models from Faveral and Powerage; in the main town they are manually place but up on the hills they are in replicators using a quickly painted distribution map.  The trees are from various HowieFarkes sets replicated using another quickly painted distribution map.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Daytime Establishing Shot

Nighttime Establishing Shot

2_Establishing_Day.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 297K
    2_Establishing_Night.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 240K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Chickens will pop eggs if they are bored and eat them.

There is nothing quite like the smell of an egg that was sat on for 21 days and it is bad. They explode like a stink bomb.

Think about it 21 days at 99.5 degrees F.

Even Better are Duck or Goose or Guinea Fowl. They are all sitting for upto 30 Days.

• They are disgusting. The hens don't like it when they pop if they are still sitting on them. Then there's the fact that the stink lingers and is damn near impossible to wash off. My wife caught our Lab with an egg in his mouth last week when he was coming back inside. She didn't know that it was a rotten egg and tried to make him give it to her. When she put her hand to his mouth to get the egg and command him to "give," she bumped his chin and the egg popped in his mouth. Took lots of cleaner to get the stench out of the concrete in the garage, and lots of doggy breath mints to get rid of his rotten egg and normal dog breath combination.
  • By the way MDO2010, those are some very nice renders. I really like the lighting in the night scene. Maybe to add variation to the buildings and set them apart from the rest of the scene somewhat, you could add some color to the roofs, particularly the more wealthy looking buildings. The richer looking buildings could have reddish tiled roofs for example. It would be a simple process of opening the building's roof shader and adding a color multiplier in the color channel to tint the image map's base color. I wouldn't make it fire engine red, but more a muted red.
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited September 2015

Something I'm working on.

It is kind of a small comment on one of the big issues that has been raised during the election campaigning for local government.

The tram is a old model, I made in Carrara. I dug it out from the hard drive, and did some adjustments in Hexagon.

Two Lorenzo's and rest modeled in Carrara.

Doc2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 841K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • that new destroyed shopping mall, Octane render

not having as much luck with the Carrara native renderer though

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    MDO2010 said:

Working on some establishing shots for a setting in the GURPS Fantasy campaign (tabletop dice and paper RPG stuff if you don't know smiley)I'm currently running - I like to give the players the occasional image to help give them a feel for the places they visit.  This is a seaside town the characters are being sent to in order to investigate some mysterious happenings.  I'm kind of going for a fantasy-medieval version of the strange, insular and isolated New England towns that pop up in the works of Steven King and HP Lovecraft.  Right now the buildings are kind of blending into the background and I'm thinking about adding some more colorful paint to them. My original concept was a lake town which is why the water is so calm - for the final I'll make it rougher so it looks more like an ocean...although I do love the reflections in the night shot, so maybe not - I haven't decided.

The buildings are mix of fantasy models from Faveral and Powerage; in the main town they are manually place but up on the hills they are in replicators using a quickly painted distribution map.  The trees are from various HowieFarkes sets replicated using another quickly painted distribution map.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Daytime Establishing Shot

Nighttime Establishing Shot

Those are both superb MDO, your gamers are very fortunate indeed to have you as a DM, I can only imagine this will add dramtically to the rpg to have such excellent visuals.  Watch out though, they'll take one look at this and want you to do character portraits for them too  :)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    Varsel said:

It is kind of a small comment on one of the big issues that has been raised during the election campaigning for local government.

The tram is a old model, I made in Carrara. I dug it out from the hard drive, and did some adjustments in Hexagon.

Looks great Varsel, nice modeling!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited September 2015

Darn this iPad, I totally missed the two posts before mine and the awesome render and modelling 

that fantasy city looks utterly cool

while not aware of politics involved and realise cannot be shared, your modelling skills rock. Varsel

Oh oh and I do many of my soundtracks, just this video I gave an explanation due to trolls who keep asking why I post videos and what is their purpose, many others did have descriptions but I had a video with 80K views removed by YouTube for metadata abuse due to misleading description so I mass removed all my tags and descriptions to ensue no others got pinged, no explanation was given or chance to remedy.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Oh oh and I do many of my soundtracks, just this video I gave an explanation due to trolls who keep asking why I post videos and what is their purpose, many others did have descriptions but I had a video with 80K views removed by YouTube for metadata abuse due to misleading description so I mass removed all my tags and descriptions to ensue no others got pinged, no explanation was given or chance to remedy.

You might be able set up your own site with streaming media and dump YouTube. Although 80K views would make your bandwidth requirements expensive. You might need a "Donate" button,

• SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited September 2015

Hi all,

I saw someone (call Min Cris Flo) shared a HDRI with Arnold and said to myself what Carrara render could do in HDRI settings.

http://plus.google.com/u/0/104199836838163366318/posts then browse to see the one call Arnold HDRI

I am only using sphere in my version, still work in progress but this is what i have now.

2015-hdri-test-carrara-pro.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 210K
    Post edited by Spaceland on
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591

She hulk, just working out my shaders now that I finally have 8.5

HULK-PIC.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited September 2015

I continue my journey into the myths and legends, which started with the Render Challenge 16.

The Forrest is http://www.daz3d.com/stoney-creek-sprucevale by the genius Howie Farkes.

I did some changes and adjustment to it... and it does looks like an actually place here where I live.

I will continue to travel deeper into the woods, and give the lovely, but dangerous lady a more prominent place.

(click the Attachment for a 1920x1080 version)

huldraPicture02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 700K
    Post edited by Varsel on
    edited September 2015

Just something for fun,,,,

The bike are modeled in Hexagon.

Doc3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Varsel said:

Superb! Thanks for sharing this.

• EyosEyos Posts: 114

Title: Can someone bring me my iPhone please?...

SmartDino2.png
    1000 x 667 - 630K

B.T.Y: this is a Carrara render, no post work.

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    head wax said:

Superb! Thanks for sharing this.

+1

• Eyos said:

Title: Can someone bring me my iPhone please?...

I like the shoes! :)

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited September 2015

I like the shoes !  :)

You can tell I don't know how to use this forum......

Post edited by McGuiver on
    McGuiver said:

I like the shoes !  :)

You can tell I don't know how to use this forum......

Yeh, me too. For example, I've just learned that you must be logged in, if you want to see the actual pictures by clicking the thumbnails.
    I didn't figure it out until toay and it was a bit frustrating.
    It seems that life is a process of endless learning... :-)

• Brrrrr...

CyberMan copy.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 223K
  • Yikes...

Captain Scarlet copy.jpg
    1034 x 1317 - 219K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

great job stu !

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    bigh said:

great job stu !

As always.

Your work is just fantastic.

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited September 2015

This is an experiment.   First, I had to lighten the skin shade of the Keshi Indian female figure, which out of the box was extremely dark and difficult to light next to the other figure.  I used Carrara’s Overlay shader to add a 70% off White to each skin shading domain.

Secondly, I needed to find a way to brighten the edges of the skin, so it didn’t look so hard and dead.  I’m using a couple of EdgeFallOff  Shaders in the Glow Channel to warm the skin edges, where its mostly a warmer  translucent shade.  I guess this is sort of a fake SSS effect.

Lastly, the Asian woman is showing a bit too much scalp through the hair piece.   I couldn’t figure out how to use Carrara’s Skull Caps on G2F.  If anyone has suggestions on that, or anything else… love to hear.  Thanks.

- Don

Keshi n Sayuri EdgeFalloffGlow2-70-35.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 53K
    Post edited by Dondec on
  • DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited September 2015

BTW... really enjoying the creativity shown here.  I'm sort of a beginner I guess cause I just don't think like Varsel, Evil, Stu S, MD02010 and others.  Pretty amazing stuff guys really .

Wendy... I'm thinking you should be able to bring out the dark background using a replication ring of bulb lights set to very low value, going around the inner perimeter, or maybe even get away with a bit of Scene Ambience since its so contrasty in there.  I generally only use Scene Ambience when I need to render an AO pass, but sometimes it can be used directly, like in very dark scenes.

Great job everybody.

- Don  

Post edited by Dondec on

'First flying lessons'.
    (Carrara native render engine).

First flying lessons.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    Eyos said:

'First flying lessons'.
    (Carrara native render engine).