Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Cheers, Hugo! In this day and age, you wouldn't have to Dada! You could Carrara instead!!!

Very cool stuff, Headwax... very freaking cool! :)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thanks Dart :) yes they would have had fun :!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

awesome use of carrara head wax, a dada subject dip in dutch painting school lighting, very cool

below a more prosaic test about IL

Doc2.jpg
    2400 x 2724 - 380K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Sad said:

Poser membranes no work no wurries mate just surface replicate feathers

I need better feathers though

ooo.  y'know i was just thinking last night, i need a carwash.  those would make great carwash big scrubber thingies.

gianni6 working at the carwash, scrubbing fenders heart

awesome use of carrara head wax, a dada subject dip in dutch painting school lighting, very cool

thanks margaremoto, that's very kind,

let me say that your supposedly prosaic render looks amazingly real, in fact I would say that  it is a photograph and that you have us led astray!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

+1

head wax said:

thanks margaremoto, that's very kind,

let me say that your supposedly prosaic render looks amazingly real, in fact I would say that  it is a photograph and that you have us led astray!

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited August 2016

Wow magaremoto, that is so realistic! You should post it in the Gallery and watch the Studioers complain that this is for 3D art only.

Post edited by stringtheory9 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

yes... +1

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited August 2016

Hivewire big cat in Carrara works very well after usual adjustments.

Post edited by Stezza on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I know that Margaremoto's image is of a 3D scanned model, and I have seen other images of scanned models that look very real too without much effort.  I don't know what it is between a posed Daz model and a 3D scan that makes the latter look more lifelike, but I wish I could capture and bottle it!

thank you all, I 'd like to have more baked maps like this one to increase the fun with carrara smiley

@ stringtheory: in many cases I find carrara a more viable solution than iray even for animations, comparable to modo or mental ray or mantra surprisewink

PhilW said:

I know that Margaremoto's image is of a 3D scanned model, and I have seen other images of scanned models that look very real too without much effort.  I don't know what it is between a posed Daz model and a 3D scan that makes the latter look more lifelike, but I wish I could capture and bottle it!

you are right Philw, there's difference from map to map, it's more a matter of how the map is being baked and how detailed is as well, than lighting rig;  many maps from daz probably are optimized for iray and not for 3delight or carrara; fortunately we have a superb shader editor within cararra so we may bring renders near the quality of DS iray. DS users have the food ready to eat, we have to cook instead

would love to see before & after renders of stuff you've tweaked for carrara!  heart

Stezza said:

Wow! That's really cool!!! I love the posing too... really nice, Stezza!

Here's my first buy from 1971s from Renderosity. It comes with three floating houses and two bridges that we put together like a kit. I really like it. The models seem to be really efficient with nice texture maps - even though the color map is also used for bump. I went further and used them again for highlight, tweaking the brightness slider and bump slider to my liking.

This is a new stage scene for my animation work - which explains why it is otherwise empty of life, other than plants. I just put together a simple formation, used Fenric's Tree Duplicate once, and ran that duplicate into a standard replicator with large variations for random placement/rotation (Z). I wanted the tree duplicate so that I had more control after the randomization - being able to rotate and place the whole shebang without moving the original, which is in the face of the camera.

It's settled, though. I've been glancing at 1971s stuff for some time now. It caught my eye with some of it reminding me of Roger Dean's paintings on Yes albums. Always loved those images. Although this one isn't quite as Roger Dean like, it does fit into some of my stories... so it made for a great first product to try. 

Stezza said:

nice viewpoint too

air village is terrific dart

edited August 2016

here's a detail from a degas homage I worked up this week 

the rest is here :) https://www.facebook.com/andrew.finnie.artist/posts/10210273808951330?pnref=story

Untitled-8.jpg
    4160 x 2290 - 5M
    Post edited by Headwax on

Gorgeous work, headwax!

Head Wax - loving your homages to fine art works, terrific! 

Dart - gotta love Roger Dean!  It's a great shame that he didn't get the credit he deserves for much of the look of Pandora in Avatar, although he is clearly the inspiration.

thanks Dart and Phil :) yes Roger Dean rocks

PhilW said:

Head Wax - loving your homages to fine art works, terrific! 

Dart - gotta love Roger Dean!  It's a great shame that he didn't get the credit he deserves for much of the look of Pandora in Avatar, although he is clearly the inspiration.

ditto

@ mistymist: if you refer to the chilly guy I tweaked almost nothing, in its 8k size map there's what you need - detailed surfaces lit from everywhere that underline specularity,roughness etc

if you zoom in you will find out that you must only lit the scene coherently with the map and let the IL do the job

as for the daz maps on the contrary you have to tweak all the channels, better if you build proper maps in ps or such, as in the wip below, a G3 morphed figure: only face and ears (and cornea as well) have been tweaked all the rest is the default map

11.jpg
    2400 x 2950 - 413K
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited August 2016

I bought Carrara in the sale the other day and promise not to spam the thread with newbie attempts, but I'm so pleased with the program I couldn't resist posting this one. It's so cool to be able to use my content with skies and terrains that I've created myself without having to open more than one program, not to mention all the other stuff that Carrara can do. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it and having a lot of fun learning the ropes along the way.

Desert_Eagle.jpg
    600 x 800 - 119K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on

I bought Carrara in the sale the other day and promise not to spam the thread with newbie attempts, but I'm so pleased with the program I couldn't resist posting this one. It's so cool to be able to use my content with skies and terrains that I've created myself without having to open more than one program, not to mention all the other stuff that Carrara can do. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it and having a lot of fun learning the ropes along the way.

NICE!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    MistyMist said:

NICE!

+ 1 - have fun

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited August 2016

Just playing around this morning while watching the Olympics.  I may go back later and fix the bowl (the edge is a little thin) and add some stripes to the fur but probably not since this was just for fun.  The fur is actually multiple pieces of Dynamic Hair just so I could get the most control over how it lay. There are separate hair objects for the body, tail, face/ears and head/neck.

Completely modeled and rendered in Carrara with just the border, signature and a tiny bit of color adjustment in Photoshop. 

princess the cat render

Princess.jpg
    800 x 950 - 149K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Welcome to Carrara! There are lots of knowledgable friendly people on these forums so feel free to ask if you get stuck or need help. Indeed learning all of Carrara's functions can be a lot of fun! 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited August 2016

Before I forget... that is quite a good scene for anyone whether they are new to Carrara or even somewhat experienced.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in any Carrara related thread or in the main Carrara Discussion. I still have a few newbie questions even thought I've had Carrara since version 4 Pro... I now have 8.5 Pro.

A very good thread to get answers, links to other threads as well as YouTube videos is ►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄ by Dartanbeck. He mention a lot of things from Assembly room to Render room and then some. Also take a look his Building Carrara Terrains Intro to dive deeper into building terrains, if you haven't found it already. Also watch his videos on YouTube.

If you are or get interested in Modeling in Carrara check my thread out at Modeling Objects in Carrara - Q&A - Come One and All where you can, as with anywhere, ask any question, post any problems you are having or any tips also that are modeling related. I have fewer links but do include some that are not easily found as well as YouTube video links and DAZ videos by PhilW and mmoir links to their very good tutorials. Wish I had these when I started.

Modeling in Carrara is funnnnn!  and as Dartanbeck says Carrara Rocks!

Welcome to Carrara and the Carrara Discussion.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    MDO2010 said:

Just playing around this morning while watching the Olympics.  I may go back later and fix the bowl (the edge is a little thin) and add some stripes to the fur but probably not since this was just for fun.  The fur is actually multiple pieces of Dynamic Hair just so I could get the most control over how it lay. There are separate hair objects for the body, tail, face/ears and head/neck.

Completely modeled and rendered in Carrara with just the border, signature and a tiny bit of color adjustment in Photoshop.

Very good indeed. Now that you mention it the bowl is a bit thin.

edited August 2016

Yes! Welcome to Carrara - you're off to a lovely start! I can't wait to see more renders!

I absolutely love Carrara.

@wdjohn - Thanks! ;)    Carrara does ROCK, and it is very Funnnn!!!!

@Mark - So... did the cat actually get away with what he's hoping to have gotten away with? Just curious!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • MDO2010 said:

princess the cat render

I like wink

Here is quick test of free Buddha bust I downloaded from Sketchfab, so many nice models there ... 

Buddha.jpg
    830 x 830 - 430K
This discussion has been closed.