Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Glad the challenge inspired you to try something else with the caustics

Those challenges are a real treat! chickenman, you did a really good challenge last month! Amazing work in the WIP thread... amazing!

...and you're right. It's really neat that it has inspired us all into trying different things with Caustics... such a powerful function of our wonderful native PR render engine! I love this thing!

I've had Carrara busy all month working on (hopefully) new products. Fans trying to keep the room cool as my Octa-cores fans wiz constantly at full speed! Yikes! It's totally constant! Kinda scary. Surprising that chip doesn't just melt, eh?!!! devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Pub after saving to rara lib smiley

opened the door, drk n spooky inside

gatwyckpub vertex.png
    1240 x 930 - 1019K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited August 2016

I hope @Alessandro_AM makes an emu one day so I don't have to PS the toon ostrich everytime I want one cool

Lizard in desert.jpg
    800 x 600 - 700K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

that's a sick looking bluetongue ;)

anyway, how much can a koala bear?

I think I'm going to have to GoAnna! enlightened

last time we had this converstion a lot of the Non oztralians were wondering wattle they think of next ;)

any way, I found a daz emu for you, you have to go to dili to get it though

indiarailinfo.com/train/delhi-panipat-emu-64451-dli-to-daz/4537/349/5016

Thanks Wara-Tah

I'll go if Dingoes ... has Eucumbene yet? devil

We could take Dart with us but he might try to Mt Isa angel

ha ha I'm sure Isa would think twice :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited August 2016

I am sure she's seen a cockatoo 

http://www.daz3d.com/noggin-s-cockatoo from here not my render

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited August 2016

but can she platypus?

platypus.jpg
    640 x 480 - 126K
    Post edited by Stezza on

ROTFFLMFAO!!!!

...and some awesome renders (Stezza) along the way!

MistyMist, that looks really cool! 

edited August 2016

My huge purchase the other day has me running through my runtimes like mad! Got some pretty nifty wares!

I finally sat down and optimized the textures on that SciFi Cockpit Interior (by petipet) that I was after in the first place.

I have to say... when this thing loaded up into Carrara, I was immediately drooling on it. This render doesn't do it any justice at all... it's gonna have to be lived in through animations - so it shall! Before I settled on this one, I took some time to use 8.5's new Multi-Layer feature, which is super fast for fine blending anything together - and in any channel. But I was noticing the spec maps being really nifty... they change the highlighting across surfaces in a really 'lived-in' way - so I added them as layers to the color maps - anywhere between 27 and 100 % opacity - and they do look cool. It would be a great way to batter up and age the ship's interior. Especially if we took it a step futher and used those spec maps as the controller for a gradient! Rust, muck, milk... you know...

Cheers all! Happy rendering! I now must sleep a fall!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

...and my start on my New Dragon from Arki! 

I still have a bunch of dragon bits to add to her... but she's another happy purchase! Packed with maps and cool extra features!

I do like Dragons! :)

Oh... and I found out (from Arki) that the "AMB" maps included are for the areas where she can emit light - so they would go into the glow channel, perhaps even multiplied with one of the nice gem maps? Hmmm... 

I really like this Red/Gem hide.

Poser membranes no work no wurries mate just surface replicate feathers

I need better feathers though

edited August 2016

That looks like a flying toilet brush Wendy devil

This months PC freebie.. takes a while to load up but works ok in Carrara yes

added some fog and a Space Ghost wink

Post edited by Stezza on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Stezza said:

LOL! laugh

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    Stezza said:

laugh

and I had to go and animate the thing

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

LOL again! laugh

My huge purchase the other day has me running through my runtimes like mad! Got some pretty nifty wares!

I finally sat down and optimized the textures on that SciFi Cockpit Interior (by petipet) that I was after in the first place.

I have to say... when this thing loaded up into Carrara, I was immediately drooling on it. This render doesn't do it any justice at all... it's gonna have to be lived in through animations - so it shall! Before I settled on this one, I took some time to use 8.5's new Multi-Layer feature, which is super fast for fine blending anything together - and in any channel. But I was noticing the spec maps being really nifty... they change the highlighting across surfaces in a really 'lived-in' way - so I added them as layers to the color maps - anywhere between 27 and 100 % opacity - and they do look cool. It would be a great way to batter up and age the ship's interior. Especially if we took it a step futher and used those spec maps as the controller for a gradient! Rust, muck, milk... you know...

looks good, imagine took many hours

edited August 2016
    MistyMist said:

looks good, imagine took many hours

A few. I was perplexed as to what the maps were with the suffix of "_m"

By the looks of them I thought they might be for glow channel, but by the time I was done... I wasn't done because I was wrong! Very wrong! LOL

I was just looking through my product library again, since I got so much stuff in one order - I looked at the product page and it says it includes reflection maps - Aha!!! So now I'm adding those maps to the reflection channels. 

Aside from just making different decisions, the kit itself is really easy to use. After consolidating there are only a handful of shaders. The Normal maps seem to work really well. The above render only had two lights: A Shape light (ring) around inside the inner ceiling area and a harsh distant light to cast through the glass at an angle - which brings out just a nice added touch to the shininess in the shaders.

Then I used Indirect Lighting > Ambient Occlusion - Only, Scene Glare and Aura. It rendered pretty fast.

...and Thank You for the compliment! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Scene Glare and Aura, havent tried those yet smiley

MistyMist said:

A few. I was perplexed as to what the maps were with the suffix of "_m"

By the looks of them I thought they might be for glow channel, but by the time I was done... I wasn't done because I was wrong! Very wrong! LOL

I was just looking through my product library again, since I got so much stuff in one order - I looked at the product page and it says it includes reflection maps - Aha!!! So now I'm adding those maps to the reflection channels. 

Aside from just making different decisions, the kit itself is really easy to use. After consolidating there are only a handful of shaders. The Normal maps seem to work really well. The above render only had two lights: A Shape light (ring) around inside the inner ceiling area and a harsh distant light to cast through the glass at an angle - which brings out just a nice added touch to the shininess in the shaders.

Then I used Indirect Lighting > Ambient Occlusion - Only, Scene Glare and Aura. It rendered pretty fast.

...and Thank You for the compliment! :)

looks good Dart, always interested to hear about your lighting techniques.

especially quick ones ;)

I've been rendering a few  80 by 65-70 cm 300 dpi for artwork and so quick is good ;

Stezza said:

another selfie Stezza? :)

toilet brush I am in awe of Wendy @sad

edited August 2016

a little Vermeer with the Dadaist Hugo Ball in residence

13640876_10210211829201875_2377263268319236501_o.jpg
    854 x 960 - 148K
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

head wax, very good indeed. I appoint you a king of caustics.

Are the vertical dark bars in background created by caustics or a Shader on wall/map??

edited August 2016

thanks :) the vertical dark bars, not sure which ones?, sorry. The ones on  the left are modelled windows, I have the unpostworked image somehwere will find it,

the glass in the windows with the caustics really dispersed the light though

the real work is this one, the cloth on the right, not that you can see much of it, was made with vwd plugin

13653089_10210211831841941_1016730632519086181_o.jpg
    854 x 960 - 120K

Stunning. You have an excellent eye for composition, light, and color. I bet your art sells well.

I am certainly an Andrew Finnie fan!

So, what's with the Dada movement as inspiration these days? 

edited August 2016

thanks Dart :) Oh I started doing scenes I could recreate in Carrara, so the dadaist image here was easy to create.

Hugo Ball, the guy in the pic, came along for the ride ;)

This discussion has been closed.