+ 1

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

IL test on stonemason's chinatown

chntwn.jpg
    1280 x 631 - 657K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

IL test on stonemason's chinatown

!!! Yikes !!!

I didn't mean to mely my computer... I really didn't! :)

Kidding, of course! Wow! Cool thing to test IL on! Looks fantastic, too!

edited August 2016

thanks DB, only a few minutes render with 24 cores working laugh; I gave up to test the same scene in DS because I couldn't place the sun at the same grazing position (really a mess no)

long live carrara!

Post edited by magaremoto on

<daydreams of the bliss of the thought of a 24 core render machine>

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

My laptop has 640 Cuda Cores when rendering with Octane (using GeForce GTX 960M) and desktop users can have many more, so 24 does nothing for me!

• PhilW said:

My laptop has 640 Cuda Cores when rendering with Octane (using GeForce GTX 960M) and desktop users can have many more, so 24 does nothing for me!

Only 2 X GTX960 on my desktop here: 8 Core CPU & 2048 CUDA Cores total angel

"Only"!

PhilW said:

Only 2 X GTX960 on my desktop here: 8 Core CPU & 2048 CUDA Cores total angel

I truly love how well my eight core cpu renders with the default PR engine! My motherboard will support to GTX, which was a plan at one point. Now I'll just take things as they go. I really like Carrara's engine - I really like setting up shaders for it.

edited August 2016

w.i.p. trying to achieve realistic skin look and natural expression on Mihrelle's Ariana

Doc2.jpg
    1200 x 1558 - 254K

Nice teeth! Eyes are awesome too! Is it just the lighting, or is there some strange, slight displacement running through her face? It looks almost like her smile is cracking her skin? Or is that the result of too high of reflection on her skin shader? Either way, it's looking fantastic! Those teeth look fabulous!

thanks DB yes I see that pattern issue, I think could be translucency or something tied with displacement, just working on it

Looking great - I agree the teeth look particularly good! Have you got the default focal length (50) on? It may look better with a longer lens, somewhere between 120 and 200 for this kind of shot.

She's awesome! Is that Ariana's shape as well as her textures? I had to go look her up. That artist has quite a few really nice texture packs for V4! I wonder what ever happened to all of Danae's texture sets? She had a LOT more available when I first started in Poser. 

thanks DB yes I see that pattern issue, I think could be translucency or something tied with displacement, just working on it

After looking in higher res, I think it's just a natural lighting thing. It seems to be coming from her surroundings. Should look excellent as-is in most situattions - especially if hair was added to help break things up. She looks fabulous! Beautiful work!

I think you've certainly achieved the natural expression, too! You must have found your comfort-zone at setting up high-realism skin shaders, eh? I'm seeing a pattern of excellence!

thank you PhilW, this kind of dental veneers is all the rage among vips lately smiley

you are right I should try to zoom out the camera but I'm focusing on the skin to avoid a volley ball surface effect like in many daz female characters close ups. another issue might be hair: which of your hair do you see on such figure?

edited August 2016

DB, Mihrelle and Danae are my favourite artists for Victoria; her eyes shape look more realistic than genesis imo, so I prefer to work on her to achieve realistic results

the face morphs and teeth are from  Mihrelle original, I adjusted the maps in carrara and ps only, really funny as you know

I'm still a Victoria 4 fan, myself! Oh... you already knew that, didn't you! LOL

you must be right DB, it should be an unwanted reflection I'm going to take a shot without sun light

you must be right DB, it should be an unwanted reflection I'm going to take a shot without sun light

Or better yet, just reduce the skin reflection to something more like 0.3 or less?

good idea  and maybe moving the sun a bit should solve the issue

thanks laugh

I really need to stop saying stuff!!! LOL You (magaremoto) are a lot more adept at rendering realism than I am!!! I'm still rendering more-or-less realistically, according to the render engine, but that's not what my final aim is intending. It's just the best way for me, right now, in achieving the eventual look that I'm after - where some things may be somewhat realistic, for the most part, and then fading off into a painting or a sketch. It won't always be like that, but at specific moments. I think maybe the whole image may even fade to or from painting/sketch at certain points, like the end/beginning of a chapter, etc.,

But make no mistake... I am, and have always been, a big Remo fan!!! :)

Here are some example of simple automated painted styles from Howler. Left is the original image, far right is a plugin called DoggyFX, which has many other possibilities.

I'm not really planning on performing these actions on my characters, though... likely just a wide, hand-drawn outer selection of the screen.

RT OH_Paint_Examples.jpg
    1587 x 685 - 951K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

.........I misread DodgyFX blush

yes Rosie looks better without yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

magaremoto really enjoying yuour search for realisim

@Dart yes I two too like Rosie au naturale,

thanks DB, very kind, I would have your animation skills to get a proposable work; dunno about your style, I'd like to watch a clip before make a choice, in CG field you can't judge until you watch

I partially solved the pattern/issue due to the scale of the model, too small, for any reasons carrara can't manage maps too reduced

in this shot Ariana is 5 times bigger so the issue is less evident (by the way  how could I make dimpled cheecks? is there a morph somewhere to be used?)

@ head wax as you have brilliantly testified carrara can be very adaptive and above all very funny to use smiley

Doc4.jpg
    1200 x 1558 - 180K

a shot with hair on; a pair of earrings, dynamic clothes and she will be ready to dance

arianna.jpg
    600 x 779 - 65K
    edited August 2016

(by the way  how could I make dimpled cheecks? is there a morph somewhere to be used?)

Morphs++ for Victoria 4 have two varieties: Cheeks Dimple and Cheeks Dimple Crease. 

V4_Cheeks_Dimple_Morphs.jpg
    1103 x 262 - 299K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

cool I'll check it out thanks DB

what about hair? in your experience can you suggest an hyper realistic one?

first shot with Mihrelle's Tiffany to test roughness and shininess

great maps indeed to work with, no postwork

Doc4.jpg
    1200 x 1558 - 138K
This discussion has been closed.