Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2021 (CLOSED)

Comments

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

It is nice when you find things in the runtime you forgot you had. My problem all I ever find are zombies and monsters. Nice mountain villa, I wish I had one. But, I live in Southern Ca. we don't have mountains. Very nice art work Saphirewild.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

deeleelaw57 said:

It is nice when you find things in the runtime you forgot you had. My problem all I ever find are zombies and monsters. Nice mountain villa, I wish I had one. But, I live in Southern Ca. we don't have mountains. Very nice art work Saphirewild.

I'm gigglin Dee... I have lots of those too in my runtime.  I guess it's Halloween 12 months out of the year for me!  lol

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited May 2021

Good to see a good number of contributors to this month's theme and the month isn't over yet. Here's mine:

Work in progress at the woodworker's workshop

My original idea was to do something along the lines of the tongue twister "How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood?" but since I don't have a Woodchuck in my runtime the next logical (?) step was to do someone carving a wooden ducky out of a tree log with a chainsaw. Realising that would be a lot of work, I cut out (but not with a chainsaw) the someone and made this instead.

woodworkersworkshop.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by isidorn on

Well done isidorn it looks very much like a true carvers work station.

isidorn said:

Good to see a good number of contributors to this month's theme and the month isn't over yet. Here's mine:

Work in progress at the woodworker's workshop

My original idea was to do something along the lines of the tongue twister "How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood?" but since I don't have a Woodchuck in my runtime the next logical (?) step was to do someone carving a wooden ducky out of a tree log with a chainsaw. Realising that would be a lot of work, I cut out (but not with a chainsaw) the someone and made this instead.

WOW isidorn ... That scene could sure inspire a story ;)  Glad even Ducky made it to the workbench... (p.s... I don't have a woodchuck either in my runtime... lol... hint hint PA's????)  lol

Ok Gang... Thus ends May and June is here in Ohio... Time to pick through your runtimes to find some PLASTIC!  Post'em when it's June for you. 

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    edited June 2021

Hi All,

Title: Plastic

Position after 15. ... Qxd1
    Caruana - Mamedyarov
    Superbet Classic 2021
    Bucharest

(3Delight & Gimp)

Post edited by nattaruk on

I cut my teeth on a hallow plastic chess set. I was one year old and teething, dad was not happy. However, your art makes me happy and brings back memories. Very well done nattaruk.

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Frankenstein's Monster Meets Plastic Surgeons!

Tired of typecasting, Frankenstein's Monster meets with a pair of plastic surgeons to discuss a new look.

Would that be plasic surgery or a complete overhaul. Bang out the dents and repaint. Great idea and very well done Zatetic.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Better than plastic army men!  laugh

Dana

nattaruk said:

Hi All,

Title: Plastic

Position after 15. ... Qxd1
    Caruana - Mamedyarov
    Superbet Classic 2021
    Bucharest

(3Delight & Gimp)

Well done nattaruk   .. Thanks for starting us off with such a great piece of artwork!

Zatetic said:

Frankenstein's Monster Meets Plastic Surgeons!

Tired of typecasting, Frankenstein's Monster meets with a pair of plastic surgeons to discuss a new look.

Haa... PLASTIC surgeon... I get it!  Made me laugh.  Thanks for sharing  Zatetic

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

DanaTA said:

Dana

Funny you should mention that...

Melter of Honor

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Ahhh!  I'm melting...melting...

Dana

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Funny you should mention that...

Melter of Honor

haaaaaaaaaaaaa.... Gordig  ...

You all are in a funny mood this month... Making me laugh !

edited June 2021

Well done Gordig. Really, he is cooked good, you can take him out now. I had little army men but never had a microwave. Had to use dad's bbq. He was not happy about the plastic melted on his grill.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
    edited June 2021

Wish Upon a Star

Are you wishing on that star again. I told you that only works on small wooden boys. We are life size anime models and we are made of plastic. You even have plastic trash bags for hair.
      You think I should reword the wish.
    It wouldn't matter, you lack the one piece of plastic you need to make it in that world.
      What is that?
    A credit card.

Wish Upon a Star.jpg
    1536 x 1344 - 406K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2021

Great plastic renders, everyone!! (Still struggling to come up with something useful...:)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

deeleelaw57 said:

Wish Upon a Star

Are you wishing on that star again. I told you that only works on small wooden boys. We are life size anime models and we are made of plastic. You even have plastic trash bags for hair.
      You think I should reword the wish.
    It wouldn't matter, you lack the one piece of plastic you need to make it in that world.
      What is that?
    A credit card.

Ha... Dee.. you too are making me smile... lol.  Well done.  I'm working on mine. (hurry hurry)

edited June 2021

When thinking of my Plastic render this silly song came to mind... and low and behold I had the pieces in my runtime to make it a reality :) 

ENJOY!

"PLASTIC ... Red Solo Cups"

Red solo cup uh huh
    I fill you up
    Let's have a party....

PLASTIC PARTY CUPS RedSoloCups 3minute render DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 124K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

We have a few days left til the month is over... Still time to get some artwork posted... Please join me :)  ALL are welcome to join in the fun!

Nice Llola Lane, that brings back memories of the old college days. We used to use those cups for beer pong. Can't remember the rules of the game but the the victory party was usually canceled.

deeleelaw57 said:

Nice Llola Lane, that brings back memories of the old college days. We used to use those cups for beer pong. Can't remember the rules of the game but the the victory party was usually canceled.

I never went to college but that stupid song is STILL playing in my head!  lol  Glad I was able to help bring back the good ole times!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited June 2021

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's so nice seeing everyone's different take on the same topic. There's much creativity in this thread.smiley

New Breed

A new breed of pink plastic poultry has invaded Ducky's neighbourhood.

newbreed.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 6M
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

OMG I almost spit out my coffee I was laughing so hard at that render @Isidorn!!!!

Great job!!

isidorn said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's so nice seeing everyone's different take on the same topic. There's much creativity in this thread.smiley

New Breed

A new breed of pink plastic poultry has invaded Ducky's neighbourhood.

"Rise of the Pink Flamingos"... love it isidorn ... thanks for joining the fun!!  I agree... love seeing all the takes on the theme... Wish more peeps would join in though ;)

Nicely done isidorn. By the famingo's expression Ducky may need an armored vehicle.

Hi Gang... well we made it through June... hopefully all the storms in Ohio are done for a while... I'm looking forward to seeing July's PAPER artwork!  Post'em if ya got'em!  ;)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2021

Nice and fun renders, everyone!! I'm sorry I didn't have an entry for Plastic, probably a combination of heat waves and a total lack of inspiration. Now off to do some Paperwork:))

Post edited by Sven Dullah on