Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2021 (CLOSED)

Comments

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Sven Dullah said:

Now off to do some Paperwork:))

For once, I have a feeling paperwork can be fun this month. smiley I have no idea what to do though. Anyone have a 3D model of an origami duck?

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

isidorn said:

Sven Dullah said:

Now off to do some Paperwork:))

For once, I have a feeling paperwork can be fun this month. smiley I have no idea what to do though. Anyone have a 3D model of an origami duck?

Closest I could find is here.... https://sharecg.com/v/54019/gallery/5/3D-Model/Origami-objects... I was thinking the same thing...lol

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I am hoping to get some paperwork in this month as well!!!

I am sorry I did not have a chance to get one in last month but with the PC+contest and rl going on to get my Granddaughter into school in September it was near impossible!!

Saphirewild said:

I am hoping to get some paperwork in this month as well!!!

I am sorry I did not have a chance to get one in last month but with the PC+contest and rl going on to get my Granddaughter into school in September it was near impossible!!

excuses... excusezzzzzzzzzzzzzz... lol.  Fingers crossed you can get a paper posted for July, Saph... ;)

Sven Dullah said:

Nice and fun renders, everyone!! I'm sorry I didn't have an entry for Plastic, probably a combination of heat waves and a total lack of inspiration. Now off to do some Paperwork:))

Fingers crossed for paper, Sven ;)

Llola Lane said:

isidorn said:

Closest I could find is here.... https://sharecg.com/v/54019/gallery/5/3D-Model/Origami-objects... I was thinking the same thing...lol

Interesting find. Thanks! smiley 

edited July 2021

isidorn said:

Llola Lane said:

isidorn said:

Interesting find. Thanks! smiley 

oh.. also found this..  https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88620/origami-zoo-for-daz-studio

Maybe your duckie could be going after the fish??? 

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited July 2021

Here is my addition to the plastic bands!!! LOLZ

Titled: Plastic Flowers and Nails!

Plastic Flowers and Nails.png
    900 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Saphirewild said:

Here is my addition to the plastic bands!!! LOLZ

Titled: Plastic Flowers and Nails!

Wonderful Saph... better late than never I always say... winks (thumbzzzzzzzzzzzz UP!!)

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Art is never late, only timely and those two are some lovely keepers of the plastic. Very well done Saphirewild.

edited July 2021

It's July... and that means "Christmas in July" for us Ohioians!

Enjoy my...

"PAPER Wrapped Xmas Presents under the tree!"

PAPER XMAS PRESENTS 3minute render DONE SIGN.jpg
    1169 x 1210 - 318K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

I love Christmas in July with brightly wrapped computer goodies, but, at 80 plus degrees I can live with out the fire place. Very cool feel and well done Llola Lane.

I had a few ideas but may not do a paper render this month. I suddenly took an interest in the save a tree campaign.

deeleelaw57 said:

I love Christmas in July with brightly wrapped computer goodies, but, at 80 plus degrees I can live with out the fire place. Very cool feel and well done Llola Lane.

I had a few ideas but may not do a paper render this month. I suddenly took an interest in the save a tree campaign.

Thanks Dee.. and I do hope you can create something this month... after all... no paper was harmed in MY Christmas Paper artwork ;)

edited July 2021

Over the Hill

You may be older but you still enjoy a good gift. Just remember some things where meant to be unwrapped slowly, carefully and try not to rip the paper.

Over the Hill.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 442K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

deeleelaw57 said:

Over the Hill

You may be older but you still enjoy a good gift. Just remember some things where meant to be unwrapped slowly, carefully and try not to rip the paper.

Haa.. Dee... you made it!  Perfect... Oh.. btw.. if you rip the paper doesn't that mean you'll get pregnant?  or is that break a ribbon?  lol.

Llola Lane said:

deeleelaw57 said:

Over the Hill

Haa.. Dee... you made it!  Perfect... Oh.. btw.. if you rip the paper doesn't that mean you'll get pregnant?  or is that break a ribbon?  lol.

As a male of this species I would not end up pregnant but could end up a little black and blue.

deeleelaw57 said:

Llola Lane said:

deeleelaw57 said:

Over the Hill

As a male of this species I would not end up pregnant but could end up a little black and blue.

HA... lol... Well if you DID end up preggers ... it would be one for the history books!  lol

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Hi All,

Goldberry the Traveller meets her cousin Goldberry the Dragon Impersonator.

(3Delight & Gimp)

The text:

An Exhibition Showing The Depiction Of Dragons Through The Years

There are those who would consider the role of gallery attendant to be too tedious to ever consider but this is what had attracted George to it. He had, whilst he could, lived an extremely active and exciting life; his survival into old age owed more to luck than wisdom and his health had paid a price. So spending the day sitting in his chair quietly people watching suited him perfectly.

He was currently concentrating his attention on the visitor poised in front of the largest picture in this gallery. She hadn’t moved, at all, for at least five minutes as she studied the painting. It was called “The Hatchling” and in an extremely dramatic fashion depicted a young dragon bursting out from its shell whilst in the background an enormous, fully grown, dragon looked on. The hatchling, with its oversized head, tiny stubby wings, fully extended limbs and uncoiling tail was surrounded by scattering shards of egg shell and wisps of steam which in the bright sunlight cast dappling shadows across the scene.

The colourful crests of both dragons had been painted with an almost iridescent glow, and George felt a shiver of excitement as he suddenly noticed the broach the woman was wearing, an exact replica of the hatchling’s crest. The gallery gift shop sold similar items but even the best were rather tacky and dull; the woman’s was larger, exquisitely made and had a gorgeous shimmer. Decades ago when he was a youth he had spent a few years living with his aunt in a tiny rural village where he had seen a similar broach worn by a lady who, it transpired, was actually a dragon quietly living in human form.

The thought formed in his mind, “Was she a dragon?”

Very well done art and story nataruk. A great teaser leaving a desire for more. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,206

Had the idea for this before June was even over, and started on it, then fell into a deep, dark hole of depression and did basically nothing all month, so here's my hasty contribution:

DNVWASWBIS (Drawing naked Victoria with a sword while bored in school)

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284
    edited July 2021

The Trojan Pinata Horse

A large mob of children with sticks destroyed the Trojan Pinata Horse shortly after it was constructed.

Updated: fixed the direction of the grain on the wooden beams and, at the insistence of my daughter, added an eye.

Post edited by Zatetic on

You know what @Zatetic I think you did a great job on the paper look laugh as for the wood grain wellllllll that is another kettle of fish!!devil

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Thanks! The wood bothered me too much so I decided to fix it and update the photo.

Saphirewild said:

You know what @Zatetic I think you did a great job on the paper look laugh as for the wood grain wellllllll that is another kettle of fish!!devil

Very well done Gordig, I can tell you having attended catholic schools in my youth I never drew pictures like that. I always had some books set up to block the nun's view.

Very nice Zatetic, that would hold enough candy to last me a week or a day if all the neighbor hood kids saw it.

edited July 2021

I'm 1½ hour into August, so this is a very last minute contribution to the July paper theme.

King of the hill (Guardian of the treasure)

Somewhat inspired from real events that took place in the not so distant past...

Kingofthehill.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Even old gladiators appreciate a good read...especially when it's all about the heroic things they've done in their youth...

You know they say better late then never, but if you got the tp it is best to not be to late. Very funny and well done isidorn.

It is not every day a gladiator is around to read his own biography. Very well done Sven Dullah.

Oh my am I late with July comments... Sorry gang.. Life has been very busy for me... but it should be back to normal this month (August)

nattaruk  I love a great story with artworks... Thank you for sharing... Hard to belive that is 3Delight... Love the lighting ;)

Gordig Hastey perfect if you ask me ;)  Glad you are out of your slump.  Thanks for joining the fun!

Zatetic Daughter has a great eye... Looks like shingles on a roof.  well done.  btw... I'd eat all the candy from that pinata... lol.

isidorn Haaa.. my hubby did toiletpaper for his photograph in our July challenge... So simple... Not bad for a last minute rush ;)  Well done.

Sven Dullah So true in ANY lifetime ;)  You think we will be remembered for our artworks???  lol.  Thanks for sharing.

WHEWWWWWWW... Think I got everyone.. Thanks one and all for keeping this thread alive!  Stay well... Hot Sticky Hugzzzzzzzzzzz from Ohio.. yick!!!

Out with hot July and in with.. erm.. Well.. Even hotter August if you live in Ohio.. LOL.  Let's just jump into some nice cool water that is clear as AUGUST = Glass!!!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Woman with Glass vases

Used Crystal Vases with Allen Art's free glass shaders