*Released* Natural Eyes II - Merchant Resource for Genesis 8.1 Male and Females [Commercial]

Comments

• sorry not sorry for spamming  love them  ;) 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thanks for the thoughtful discount, chevybabe.

you should know that i had absolutely *zero* interest in moving on to the genesis 8.1 figures until you announced these...

and now that they're out, i've got no choice, dang it!

:)

j

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194

Those renders look great Renderscot!!!  This is actually my favorite part. Seeing everyone enjoying them :)

LOL Jardine!  8.1 is so awesome. I'm a fan girl. You won't regret it!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Thank you for the discount.

You are very welcome :)  Thank you guys for all your support!

• Just had to do one with Michael to balance it up a bit ;)

• Great product laugh. Easy to use both from the content library AND smart content. And "Thanks" for the discount laugh

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thank you for the discount!   Love the eyes and the options are awesome!!

NEV8.1022021TM.jpg
    2619 x 2598 - 4M
  • jd641jd641 Posts: 426

I'm loving the new eyes so far, they look amazing in every lighting situation I try them in. I do have a question though:

Is it possible to add Limbral rings to the outside of the iris? Some of the lighter eyes have a slight limrbral appearance, but it doesn't go around the entire iris.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    edited February 2021

The eyes are lovely yes, but the product usability suffers from thumbnails that don't identify which gender they are for or which shader they use .yes 

Smart Content shows 4 thumbnails for each eye color and each utility. They all have identical file names. How do you expect a user to know which one to apply from Smart Content? I whine about this every time you release a new product. frown

Natural Eyes no gender or shader ID.jpg
    592 x 974 - 157K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 2021

"I'm loving the new eyes so far, they look amazing in every lighting situation I try them in. I do have a question though:

Is it possible to add Limbral rings to the outside of the iris? Some of the lighter eyes have a slight limrbral appearance, but it doesn't go around the entire iris."

If you are using the PBR versions, my only solution is to try grabbing some of the eyes with a darker limbal ring. I made some like that for just that reason. 

If you are using the Iray versions, You can try using the preset Cornea ON. This will darken up the limbal nicely.

The eyes are lovely yes, but the product usability suffers from thumbnails that don't identify which gender they are for or which shader they use .yes 

Smart Content shows 4 thumbnails for each eye color and each utility. They all have identical file names. How do you expect a user to know which one to apply from Smart Content? I whine about this every time you release a new product. frown

Barbult. I can't apologize enough. I wish QA would get after that with me.  Ill fix this first thing tomorrow. That mess above is maddening. 

OH!! And those renders look awesome guys!!! Im loving all these pretty pictures :)

Post edited by chevybabe25 on

"I'm loving the new eyes so far, they look amazing in every lighting situation I try them in. I do have a question though:

Is it possible to add Limbral rings to the outside of the iris? Some of the lighter eyes have a slight limrbral appearance, but it doesn't go around the entire iris."

If you are using the PBR versions, my only solution is to try grabbing some of the eyes with a darker limbal ring. I made some like that for just that reason. 

If you are using the Iray versions, You can try using the preset Cornea ON. This will darken up the limbal nicely.

The eyes are lovely yes, but the product usability suffers from thumbnails that don't identify which gender they are for or which shader they use .yes 

Barbult. I can't apologize enough. I wish QA would get after that with me.  Ill fix this first thing tomorrow. That mess above is maddening. 

OH!! And those renders look awesome guys!!! Im loving all these pretty pictures :)

I'll watch for an update. Thank you for your consideration.
    edited February 2021

This is one of the green colors.

G8 Natural Eyes II Green.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M

You are very welcome Barbult. I will let you know when its gone through :)

Lovely render!!!

edited February 2021

I ran into another problem. I applied a G8F skin to a G8.1F character and then applied a Natural Eyes II eye color. The Eye color preset did not set the UV to the Base 8.1 Female UV, so the eyes were all messed up. I was using one of the blue PBR shader presets. It was easily fixed by changing the UV of the eye surfaces in the surfaces tab, but it would be better if the Natural Eyes II presets would set the UV that they require.

Natural Eyes II wrong UV.jpg
    468 x 331 - 283K
    edited February 2021

Barbult i wonder if its because it was the wrong preset because I forgot to label the different presets for smart content.  Did you try all of them (sorry, I know this is all my fault) in smart content to see if they all do this? Of the same color I mean. So if blue one gives you the same effect for the presets since there is both male and female jumbled in there.

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • jd641jd641 Posts: 426

chevybabe25 said:

I'm really bad at finding things... Is the Cornea On something that's a part of NE2? I see the old "Cornea and thin wall on" option from the old Natural Eyes, but nothing for the new one.

chevybabe25 said:

Barbult i wonder if its because it was the wrong preset because I forgot to label the different presets for smart content.  Did you try all of them (sorry, I know this is all my fault) in smart content to see if they all do this? Of the same color I mean. So if blue one gives you the same effect for the presets since there is both male and female jumbled in there.

I went into the Content Library to find just the presets for G8.1F. I used the PBR presets. I didn't try every possible color, but I tried a few. I think the Iray Uber presets do set the UV but the PBR presets do not. It should be easy for you the test and verify. 

@Barbult, weird. Ill look into this and see what I can do. I kind of remember coming across this, but I don't remember how.

@jd641 it should be in the Natural Eyes II Folder under Utilities.  Are you using the Content Library or Smart Content?

edited February 2021

So, I opened "Natural Eyes II Blue 1" PBR preset for G8.1F in Notepad++ to see if it had any references to UV at all. What I see is that the PBR preset for for G8.1F is referencing the UV set for Base 8.1 Male instead of Female. It looks like many (perhaps all) blue PBR presets for the female have the wrong UV reference.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2021

barbult said:

I ran into another problem. I applied a G8F skin to a G8.1F character and then applied a Natural Eyes II eye color. The Eye color preset did not set the UV to the Base 8.1 Female UV, so the eyes were all messed up. I was using one of the blue PBR shader presets. It was easily fixed by changing the UV of the eye surfaces in the surfaces tab, but it would be better if the Natural Eyes II presets would set the UV that they require.

I wasn't able to duplicate this?  

So to be sure im doing it right:

Added G8.1
    Added Millawa skin to 8.1
    Applied Blue PBR eye preset.  (I tried multiple of them)

Seems like I did have this issue with something else but I can't remember what it was now...

Update: Choose a different skin and it is repeatable with the blues.

Post edited by Daventaki on

OK good to know guys :) I ll get this all fixed ASAP.

Daventaki said:

barbult said:

I wasn't able to duplicate this?  

So to be sure im doing it right:

Added G8.1
    Added Millawa skin to 8.1
    Applied Blue PBR eye preset.  (I tried multiple of them)

Seems like I did have this issue with something else but I can't remember what it was now...

Update: Choose a different skin and it is repeatable with the blues.

Thanks for verifying that it is repeatable. 

edited February 2021

Here is one of the brown eye presets. (I hope the shoulder police don't get me.)

Growing Up G8.1F Shape Gen_003 Natural Eyes brown_001.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Yep, these'll do just fine!

Sorry for reusing the same character and almost the same colour, but I've been carving away at her for almost a year now, and I gotta settle in on which eyes I want to keep on her. Changed her hairstyle and colour at least!

edited February 2021

I tried the G8.1 male for the first time. The blue eyes have a similar problem - all the UVs are set to female. It looks like the two sets were reversed. Both need to be fixed.

Opps - no the male eyes are OK. I got fooled into clicking on the female eyes instead. I'll have to stick to the Content Library until the thumbnails are clarified.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited February 2021

The eyes looks great.

Pandora04sc02pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 304K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,153
    edited February 2021

I'm loving these eyes! I never bought the Gen8 version because I'd already bought (I think) three other eye sets. But I really liked the promos for this set so had to have it. Here are a couple of test renders. (Please excuse the slightly odd expression on the third - I was trying to show more of his eyes.)

Ensley-Babina.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 474K
    G8-1M-Holt-Green18.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 579K
    G8-1M-Holt-Brown14.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 559K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited February 2021

Another try. Zombie look on the forehead is caused by https://www.daz3d.com/dallas-pigtails-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Still do not understand such design choices by outoftouch...

Pandora11pic04.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 251K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Artini said:

Another try. Zombie look on the forehead is caused by https://www.daz3d.com/dallas-pigtails-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Still do not understand such design choices by outoftouch...

I've encountered that quite a few times.

Easy fix, though - go into "Smooth Shaded" view, and just use the adjustment morphs on the hair until you don't see it intersecting the figure anymore. Typically "Forehead Adjust" will fix it, generally anywhere in the range of about 13-20% is enough.