*Released* Natural Eyes II - Merchant Resource for Genesis 8.1 Male and Females [Commercial]

Comments

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584
    edited February 2021

Artini said:

Another try. Zombie look on the forehead is caused by https://www.daz3d.com/dallas-pigtails-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Still do not understand such design choices by outoftouch...

I've encountered that quite a few times.

Easy fix, though - go into "Smooth Shaded" view, and just use the adjustment morphs on the hair until you don't see it intersecting the figure anymore (which is what causes it). Typically "Adjust Forehead Depth" will fix it, generally anywhere in the range of about 13-20% is enough. 

Post edited by Thyranq on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

Another try. Zombie look on the forehead is caused by https://www.daz3d.com/dallas-pigtails-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Easy fix, though - go into "Smooth Shaded" view, and just use the adjustment morphs on the hair until you don't see it intersecting the figure anymore. Typically "Forehead Adjust" will fix it, generally anywhere in the range of about 13-20% is enough. 

Thank you for the tips, I have tried different morphs and has not found that one, you have mentioned.

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194

All these images look great!!! I like some of your hair choices too ;) You guys are the best!heart

Also, I have uploaded a fix. It fixes the wrong uv callout on the blue PBR eyes. I checked all of them just to make sure there werent others that snuck in, and I have renamed the duf files so that smart content can sort them better :)   I will let you know when they have worked their way through the system :)

Pity you dont work for Daz Barbult. You would make a fantastic tester. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

chevybabe25 said:

Also, I have uploaded a fix. It fixes the wrong uv callout on the blue PBR eyes. I checked all of them just to make sure there werent others that snuck in, and I have renamed the duf files so that smart content can sort them better :)   I will let you know when they have worked their way through the system :)

Pity you dont work for Daz Barbult. You would make a fantastic tester. 

I do beta test for several PAs. V3Digitimes has named me the "Goddess of Bug Finding". I like that title. I don't go looking for bugs in products I purchase. Bugs are just naturally attracted to me, it seems. I can test for you, too, if you like.

LMAO "Goddess of Bug Finding" I like that title for you too. 

I may very well take you up on the offer :)

I would add, that Barbult is a kind and polite person, that could explain different aspects of Daz Studio products

in such a way, that I can understand them better. She helped me on different occasions, as well.

edited February 2021

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

Easy fix, though - go into "Smooth Shaded" view, and just use the adjustment morphs on the hair until you don't see it intersecting the figure anymore (which is what causes it). Typically "Adjust Forehead Depth" will fix it, generally anywhere in the range of about 13-20% is enough. 

Wow, thanks again. "Smooth Shaded" view is an excellent tool to spot unwanted intersections.

I had no idea about it usefullness, until now.

Pandora12pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 239K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

Wow, thanks again. "Smooth Shaded" view is an excellent tool to spot unwanted intersections.

You're quite welcome! Glad I could help!

I actually use Smooth Shaded most of the time I'm setting up a scene, though a lot of the reason for that is that I have a 5 and a 6 year old, and before I cloth the figures I don't really want them looking at naked people, cause I'm sure that would come across as something completely different at school when they tell their teacher about daddy playing with naked people on his computer lol

It's very useful for hair, as it shows the geometry without the trans map, so you can really see where everything is (though sometimes there's places where there's a collision issue that the transmap would hide anyway). It makes it easy to spot any intersections with anything, too, but I find most of OOT's hairs need that adjustment, so that's where I find it the most useful. And in situations where the hair is covering the cap too much, just select all the hair surfaces except for the cap and set their opacity to zero. You'll probably see a bunch of intersections with the top and back of the head, but they don't usually matter as the hair covers it up anyway. Once you're done, just set the opacity back to 1 (everything will still be selected anyway, unless you de-selected the hair) and bam! Done! 

Artini said:

I would add, that Barbult is a kind and polite person, that could explain different aspects of Daz Studio products

in such a way, that I can understand them better. She helped me on different occasions, as well.

You are kind to say so, Artini. I can be quite a perfectionist and ornery at times, but I try to help where I can.

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

I actually use Smooth Shaded most of the time I'm setting up a scene, though a lot of the reason for that is that I have a 5 and a 6 year old, and before I cloth the figures I don't really want them looking at naked people, cause I'm sure that would come across as something completely different at school when they tell their teacher about daddy playing with naked people on his computer lol

It's very useful for hair, as it shows the geometry without the trans map, so you can really see where everything is (though sometimes there's places where there's a collision issue that the transmap would hide anyway). It makes it easy to spot any intersections with anything, too, but I find most of OOT's hairs need that adjustment, so that's where I find it the most useful. And in situations where the hair is covering the cap too much, just select all the hair surfaces except for the cap and set their opacity to zero. You'll probably see a bunch of intersections with the top and back of the head, but they don't usually matter as the hair covers it up anyway. Once you're done, just set the opacity back to 1 (everything will still be selected anyway, unless you de-selected the hair) and bam! Done! 

That Smooth Shaded tip is fantastic. I never knew that either. I used it just today after learning it from you! Thanks.

barbult said:

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

Thyranq said:

Artini said:

That Smooth Shaded tip is fantastic. I never knew that either. I used it just today after learning it from you! Thanks.

Happy to help! Glad to be able to provide something useful! 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Absolutely gorgeous work. Loving your recent products and the promos for them. So professional and classy. Instabuys! Keep up the wonderful work!

Thanks Llynara :)

RenderScot said:

sorry not sorry for spamming  love them  ;) 

I like the way the colorful background really highlights the character in this one. 

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited February 2021

Daventaki said:

Thank you for the discount!   Love the eyes and the options are awesome!!

Beautiful pic - would you kindly share info on the model and texture used?
    Eyes look wonderful as well - on my wishlist...  ;-)   

Post edited by HeavyRay on

This uses one of the brown eye presets. With this lighting, they were getting a little washed out, so I added some gray to the base color to darken them a little.

I added this one to my gallery, but sadly, my gallery seems to be broken. The first page (that should contain this image) is totally blank and has been since the new gallery was launched. I can only find the image by looking at "new" images in the overall Daz gallery, and it is rapidly becoming not so new any more and getting buried.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2021

HeavyRay said:

Daventaki said:

Thank you for the discount!   Love the eyes and the options are awesome!!

Beautiful pic - would you kindly share info on the model and texture used?
    Eyes look wonderful as well - on my wishlist...  ;-)   

Thank you! Model is Victoria 8.1 with her default textures.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • These eyes are gorgeous without even trying

Pandora 8.1c.png
    823 x 881 - 1M
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited February 2021

Post edited by JVRenderer on
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited February 2021

Erin 8.1

Erin 8.1, my own character with Osuine Texture, Genesis8.1Female figure, PBRShaders, Natural Eyes II, Beautiful Brows, Porefectionist. my own clamshell light rig.

Post edited by JVRenderer on

Great renders, everyone.

Gorgeous Renders!!!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited February 2021

I used Natural Eyes II in this render, one of the green eyes. Though I did some postwork in photoshop to make them seem a bit more green, so not sure if the render fits here but wanted to share it anyway :)

Woman with green eyes

womanwithgreeneyes.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 195K
    Post edited by Carola O on

They all fit here :) I love seeing what everyone creates with these! Beautiful :)

edited February 2021

The men need some love, too. We don't want Chevybabe25 to think there is no point in developing for the men!

Christian 8.1 HD update Shape Gen_004.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    G8.1M Shape Gen_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • wow great renders everyone  really shows them off well and thansk Barbult for the compliment on my last one  :)  heres a bitta BuggaBoo for you  ;) 

Had to try out the new vellus hair on my character, so I can't do that without giving credit to the awesome new eyes she has wink

Just going for something very natural here. No makeup, very basic pose, just wearing some PJ's.

I am loving all these renders!!!!!heartheartheart

• barbult said:

The men need some love, too. We don't want Chevybabe25 to think there is no point in developing for the men!

Those are just excellent. I swear, I know both of these guys in real life.