*Released* Natural Eyes II - Merchant Resource for Genesis 8.1 Male and Females [Commercial]

Comments

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194

Just a heads up that the updates should be live!

• jd641jd641 Posts: 426

What was in the update? surprise

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    edited February 2021

I updated, but I see no improvement in the thumbnails or filenames. It looks just as much of a hodge podge as before. Didn't you commit to fixing this? sad

Four identical filenames and thumbnails. Which is which?

Male or Female? Names and thumbnails are identical.

Natural Eyes no thumb or name change.jpg
    574 x 993 - 134K
    Male or female.jpg
    574 x 562 - 95K
    Post edited by barbult on

OK that is definitely not the one I sent in. . If that is the "updated" file then I will contact Daz and ask.

The update fixed the call out on the blue eyes for the female, and renamed everything for smart content. 

• I updated from DIM. Please ask Daz to verify.
    I also installed the update with DIM.

OK I'll send in a note ASAP. 

• Seems as if the bilue eyes issue is also still there, so I suppose that the "update" is basically the original product re-packed. 

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Seems as if the bilue eyes issue is also still there, so I suppose that the "update" is basically the original product re-packed. 

Yeah, I've noticed the first few blue eye presets turn the iris to white... creepy. I thought it was a halloween feature...

Daz is looking into this.  Hopefully I will hear something soon.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

I just noticed an update in DIM. I will check if that is the update we are all waiting for laugh.

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 136

I think the eyes are beautiful. But the lighter colors are a bit dull, just like Vicky 8.1`s eyes.. Kind of blends into the face without contrast, and does not stick out.

If I`m not mistaken, when people look at an image, they should be drawn to the eyes.

But that`s just my opinion, which isn`t worth much LOL.

They are still beautiful.

I have found that the pbr versions work for most situations. However, imo the combination of morphs and the iray versions is what makes those lighter color eyes really shine. They benefit the most from the cornea being on.

Today's update seems to have fixed the issue with the PBR blue eyes. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only change in this update. 

Uggh. The labels have not changed?

chevybabe25 said:

Uggh. The labels have not changed?

No, only the blue eyes PBR issue has been fixed. Labels are still the same, sorry. 

Sigh. Something has been borked between testing and the server.  I havent heard anything from Daz yet :(

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited March 2021

chevybabe25 said:

Sigh. Something has been borked between testing and the server.  I havent heard anything from Daz yet :(

I'm so glad you're so pro-active with your products.

I gave up on my unresolved ticket on a Daz Original since last August frown

Post edited by JVRenderer on

I am one of those people. Even if its sold to Daz, it's got my name on it. And, as long as my name is on it, I expect things to work and be above a certain standard. It drives me nuts when things like this happen.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Does anyone has tested these eyes in Unity?

I will probably buy Interactive License for it, just in case, they look great in Unity, as well.

chevybabe25 said:

I am one of those people. Even if its sold to Daz, it's got my name on it. And, as long as my name is on it, I expect things to work and be above a certain standard. It drives me nuts when things like this happen.

This is one indication that you love what you do. And what seperates a good PA from an outstanding one...laughheart

"This is one indication that you love what you do. And what seperates a good PA from an outstanding one...laughheart"

I won't lie, I do love what I do. Livin the dream.

On a new note, Daz is working really hard on this. Seems to be a metadata issue and should be resolved soon!! Ill let you guys all know as soon as I get official word :)

Finally, the update with new labels is online. DAZ has really made a nice job messing up the metadata. Now, there is no longer any categorization according to shader or eye color. We do have masculine and feminine now, but all utilities are in lost & found, including quite a lot of eye colors. Of the 284 files reported in "All Files", 176 are listed in "Lost and Found". BUT, as now the labels show what is what, it is much easier to use even with the new DAZ-"improved" metadata.

The new labels plus the old metadata would have been much better...  At least they left in the fix for the blue eyes laugh

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Finally, the update with new labels is online. DAZ has really made a nice job messing up the metadata. Now, there is no longer any categorization according to shader or eye color. We do have masculine and feminine now, but all utilities are in lost & found, including quite a lot of eye colors. Of the 284 files reported in "All Files", 176 are listed in "Lost and Found". BUT, as now the labels show what is what, it is much easier to use even with the new DAZ-"improved" metadata.

The new labels plus the old metadata would have been much better...  At least they left in the fix for the blue eyes laugh

Well, thanks for the warning! I won't install this downgrade. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I quite agree, thanks for the warning and like Barbult I'm waiting with installing this :) I do feel sorry for you though @Chevybabe, this must be horrible to you. It's a lovely product and the messing up isn't your fault :)

Sigh. I will let Daz know. I do know they are trying their best to get this right too.

chevybabe25 has put a lot of work into making this easier to, use and Daz has twice made it worse now. The previous update added files with the new names, but didn't remove the old files. I think I will download, but not install, the latest update and see if it has new thumbnails that I can just unzip and copy over to what I already have, where I deleted all the leftover files after the last bad update. 

Barbult there are no new thumbnails, so in your case Id advise against it.  For whatever reason my png files were completeky borked and could not be opened by photoshop this time around. No idea what thats all about.

chevybabe25 said:

Barbult there are no new thumbnails, so in your case Id advise against it.  For whatever reason my png files were completeky borked and could not be opened by photoshop this time around. No idea what thats all about.

OK, I will just fix what I already have then. 

Wait - what is Mark_e593e0a5 referring to by "new labels" then?