*Released* Natural Eyes II - Merchant Resource for Genesis 8.1 Male and Females [Commercial]

Comments

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194
    edited March 2021

I believe Mark is referring to the material names. So they should be named as an example  "Natural Eyes II Fem PBR Blue 1" 

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

And now I see that the new files added last time are not properly categorized either. I am going to install the new update and try to fix the metadata. That might be easier than fixing the current mess I have from the previous update. But first I will uninstall it and delete any remaining files. If latest update is unusable, I will restore a saved older DIM package for this product.

I am so sorry about all this. What a mess.

edited March 2021

Well, I installed the latest. The files and thumbnails look OK at first glance. The metadata is BAD. Many files have no "type" label at all. Some that do have a "type" say they are RSL (3Delight) instead of MDL (Iray). Categorization is poor horrible, as Mark_e593e0a5 pointed out, with Lost and Found full of stuff. Shaping presets are categorized as material presets. some files are categorized in the 3Delight category hierarchy instead of under the Iray category hierarchy. Many files have no compatibility defined. It is just chaos.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

barbult said:

Wait - what is Mark_e593e0a5 referring to by "new labels" then?

The names of all items are now clearly showing which is which.te female parts are having a "Fem" added, the male ones "Male", e.g.  "Natural Eyes II Fem PBR Brown 10". It is a great improvement even with messed up metadata. 

• RenderScot3DRenderScot3D Posts: 167
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RenderScot3DRenderScot3D Posts: 167
    edited March 2021

Post edited by RenderScot3D on

Very nice RenderScot!!

There should be a new update available. It just fixes smart content.  I have been advised that the old metadata may be cached. So make sure you delete the old metadata and reimport it fresh. I havent the slightest idea how to do that, so you guys are on your own with that step.

edited March 2021

Confirmed, looks much better now. Nothing in Lost & found. Male and Female a re separated, but no different categorization for shaders or eye colors. But thanks to the new naming, this is no big issue.

To clear the metadata cache, do the following

1. Uninstall the product using DIM - this will remove everything but the metadata.
    2. Open Smart Content. Select either the "All" or the "Avialable" sub-tab. The product will show as a grey thumbnail.
    3. Right-Click on the thumbnail and select "Show Product in Content Library" from the drop-down menu
    4. You will be taken to your product library. Right click on the small product thumbnail there, and selecet "Delete" from the pop-up menu
    5. A confirmation dialog pops up. Confirm that you want to remove the product.

You are done, now install the product again using DIM, and get your characters a set of shiny eyes laugh

Remove_Metadata_01.png
    1096 x 1652 - 706K
    Remove_Metadata_02.png
    578 x 486 - 101K
    Remove_Metadata_03.png
    696 x 574 - 124K
    Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
    edited March 2021

Daz is getting closer with the metadata, but is still isn't consistent or correct.

NEII meta still wrong - not materials.jpg
    577 x 577 - 264K
    NEII meta still wrong - PBR missing.jpg
    586 x 528 - 198K
    NEII meta still wrong - not eye colors.jpg
    579 x 702 - 367K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    edited March 2021

RenderScot, Wow!!!

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • ALLIEKATBLUE said:

RenderScot, Wow!!!

thanks so much  glad you like ;) 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 426

The last update removed the NE2 sub folder/section that nicely seperated all the eye colors in the smart content iray materials section. Now everything is just thrown together which is a pain. I'd ask if there were plans to fix it but knowing how horrible DAZ seems to be at "fixing" these issues, I'm sure somethine else would get broken in the process.

crying

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

@chevybabe25, I do have one question about the product. I swapped out Torment's eyes for a lighter shade of blue, and that was fine; however, his sclera seem a bit dark. (See attached.) The only settings I've seen have to do with the normal maps -- twice per shader, somewhat confusingly.

Is there any way to lighten the sclera? When I looked at the texture directory, it looked pretty much like all the eyes really had the same sclera, more or less, and the different eye colors' sclerae looked pretty much the same on render.

(I use Content Library, not Smart content so that's not the issue; what's the difference between "add sclera normal alt" and "Male PBR add sclera normal alt"? (or between the first and "Iray Male add sclera normal alt" for the Iray Uber version?) They both appear in the same directory.

torment-sclera.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    edited March 2021

Sorry for missing all these posts guys. I have had a couple of really bad weeks health wise.

The sclera normal and normal alt : They just add some raised details to the sclera without affecting its color.

To lighten the sclera inside daz studio without photopshop, I would use the LIE editor.

Click on the surfaces tab, hold the CTRL key down while selecting the iris, sclera, and pupil surfaces.

Right Click on the image box for the base color. Click on Layered Image Editor

You will see the layered image editor box come up. On the right hand side of this box, you will see the name of the texture map (make a note of the name).  Below it, there is a plus and a minus sign. Click on the plus sign.  Add Layer

Your image will turn black in the box. Dont worry.

Below the plus sign you clicked on, there is a box that is named "None".  Click on it, then click browse.

Browse to: My Daz3d Library: Runtime: Textures:Chevybabe25: Natural Eyes II:

Select the same eye map as what was in the box originally. Now you should see the eyes again.

Below the box that says resource, you will see blend mode.  Change the blend mode from alpha channel blend to additive blend. Then change the opacity from 100 percent to 50 percent. Then click accept.  You can repeat these steps until you find something light enough to match his skin color.

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Ah, OK. Thank you, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

There's an update for NE2, I'm afraid to know what they screwed up now so I figured I'd ask here first. crying

You are very welcome vwrangler :)

@jd641 - this update was released today? I haven't updated any files since early March so I haven't the slightest idea what this would be. 

edited April 2021

jd641 said:

There's an update for NE2, I'm afraid to know what they screwed up now so I figured I'd ask here first. crying

I have not noticed any weird things. Seems everything is in place, Metadata is now nicely structured. Some shapes are still listed in "Materials/Settings" subolder... or should it be the other way round?

If you are NOT into searching, there are Materias->Iray->Feminine and Materials-->IRay->Masculine subfolders, both with Eye Colors and Settings subfolders.  

If you want to get some original Daz feeling and want to do some searching, you can find all in Materials->Iray->Eye Colors or Materials->Iray->Settings. Still, you can see from the naming if it is female or male, which spoils the original Smart Content feeling laughdevildevil

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

Sorry for having to ask so stupidly, but do I get this right - we can mix the UVs on Gen 8.1 so that I can load 'old' skins but still use the new great eye UVs with this set? I never realized this would be possible! And can we also mix Uber and PBR shaders on a figure, yes?

My, I'm going to get this set with the very next discount round if I'm correct, the eyes are soooo awesome ...

Yes. Load the 8.1 figure, apply your Genesis 8 character and materials, then apply the Narural Eyes II  and they all work in harmony :) 

"And can we also mix Uber and PBR shaders on a figure, yes?"  

Yes. As an example: You can apply 8.1 PBR materials to the skin, and then use the Iray Option on the eyes.  You get the best of both worlds.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

chevybabe25 said:

Yes. Load the 8.1 figure, apply your Genesis 8 character and materials, then apply the Narural Eyes II  and they all work in harmony :) 

"And can we also mix Uber and PBR shaders on a figure, yes?"  

Yes. As an example: You can apply 8.1 PBR materials to the skin, and then use the Iray Option on the eyes.  You get the best of both worlds.

Great, thank you!  

chevybabe25 said:

You are very welcome vwrangler :)

@jd641 - this update was released today? I haven't updated any files since early March so I haven't the slightest idea what this would be. 

It showed up a few days ago but I haven't downloaded it yet. surprise

• im following the pdf from, one of the eye sets i have both the old and the new but i can not get them to look good both sets just never seem to  turn out like everybody else can get them its frustrating 

my skin.png
    700 x 990 - 1M

Are you using different maps? Those don't look like the Natural Eyes in that render.

• chevybabe25 said:

Are you using different maps? Those don't look like the Natural Eyes in that render.      

default everything from the first set, does that set work work with 8.1 , when i load them it loos like this 

eyes.JPG
    2023 x 1182 - 217K

Ok, so you are using the eyes from the first set on 8.1. 

A few tips: If you leave the eyes as default without using any additional options in the "Options folder"

Make sure you have the cornea bulge set to 100% on your eye morphs. 

Make sure the "Natural Eyes HD Iris" is dialed in. 

Make sure under the parameters tab that "Render Sub D Level " is turned up.  I  have mine set at 5 right now for portraits.

Make sure your render settings are set high.  Refer to the pdf for the render settings from the first set, and bake your render until the render is clear.  This part, depending on your computer specs, can take quite a while.  The render above looks like you tried to cheat that part. The iris is so blurry I didn't recognize it as my own. Did you use a denoiser or some other kind of filter?

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46
    edited October 2022

Hello, the product is nice :) However I have a question... Attached what I get... It's a little scary and not expected. Any idea on the "why" ?

Thanks

Edit : OK, found... I used the IRAY version instead of the PBR version on my 8.1 char.

NE2.png
    373 x 170 - 145K
    Post edited by Jeremion on

Pbr will render much quicker. The Iray settings for these require a higher setting when rendering. Allowing them to render longer will clear up the creepy black eyes.