New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• I'm glad the Gallery is back. Thank you.
    Images seem to be sorted in the gallery by the upload date, rather than by the publish date. I had uploaded an image, but I held off on publishing it until the crop feature on thumbnails was fixed (it works now). I published the image yesterday (2/22), but because it was uploaded on 2/12, it ended up on page 58. I had to delete the image and re-upload it to make it show up on the first page. I originally thought that having uploading and publishing as two different operations would be useful, but I'm having trouble seeing a use for it as it stands. Am I missing something? Can you use the publish date for sorting instead?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

AngelWings said:

The issue I run into, is that it automaticly makes me "Like" my own image. I have 1 Heart on my image within 1 second of me posting it. I says to myself, Wow, already? I look and its from... me... LOL! I'm like, uuuh... ok...

It's the same as on Reddit. 

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

There is another feature i 'd like to request.

Currently, in this new gallery, when you are on a page of work, in browser's tab you see "DAZ 3D | 3D Models and Software" instead of "Picture title | Author name".

Same for galleries themselves.

So if you open several tabs, it will be confusing to see which is what. Also, your browser history don't memorize it well due to that. So, for example, if i visit Sevrin's gallery, if i start typing sevr... in browser,  the already visited page of gallery just never comes up.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2021

akmerlow said:

Currently, in this new gallery, when you are on a page of work, in browser's tab you see "DAZ 3D | 3D Models and Software" instead of "Picture title | Author name".

So if you open several tabs, it will be confusing to see which is what. Also, your browser history don't memorize it well due to that. So, for example, if i visit Sevrin's gallery, if i start typing sevr... in browser,  the already visited page of gallery just never comes up.

+1

Definitely would like names of artwork and galleries to make browsing (and re-browsing) easier! 

Kind of related: ever since the new store update, the "share" button from mobile browser (iOS 14.4 Safari) will share the DAZ homepage rather than whatever page i am on. It's not very clear that this is happening because the preview for links just generically says Daz3d. This happens for store pages and the gallery. Copy and pasting from the address bar will work, but you won't have confidence because the preview will be same (as explained above). I think it's problematic in both cases, but especially so for the gallery, if you are trying to share an image with someone, or post a link. (It would be great if these links previewed the image properly, but I would be glad if they simply went to the correct page).

IMG_3639.jpg
    1125 x 595 - 193K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
  • solissolis Posts: 124

jardine said:

Carola O said:

I think it has already been suggested, but I admit I hope they will give us the choice of Right-Click and open in new tab as we could in the old gallery, makes it so much easier when browsing and wanting to look closer to a image but wanting to browse first and than go to images to look closer and comment/like etc. I don't really like having to stop the browsing, click an image, look at it and than have to click the back button to get back to the gallery I was in when I was browsing.

+1

yes, please...let us right-click to open images in a new tab.  it spoils the flow of browsing to have to click back and forth.  takes time and bandwidth to reload the index page over and over again, too...

but on the just plain thankful front--the galleries are back, and looking sleek!  and product-used links are live again!  that's so great...thanks, y'all.

:)

j

+1

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818

KeithS said:

I'm glad the Gallery is back. Thank you.
    Images seem to be sorted in the gallery by the upload date, rather than by the publish date. I had uploaded an image, but I held off on publishing it until the crop feature on thumbnails was fixed (it works now). I published the image yesterday (2/22), but because it was uploaded on 2/12, it ended up on page 58. I had to delete the image and re-upload it to make it show up on the first page. I originally thought that having uploading and publishing as two different operations would be useful, but I'm having trouble seeing a use for it as it stands. Am I missing something? Can you use the publish date for sorting instead?

I've passed on the suggestion heartsmiley 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Daventaki said:

I don't know if this issue has been reported yet but for some reason sometimes it tries to upload the image twice.  I was able to catch a screen shot this time.

This is a series of images I was uploading and it did it on both the first and the second image when I uploaded.  The one shown is the second image upload. Ive had it do it on single image uploads also.

What browser and version are you using?

To everyone else, are others experiencing this as well?  

Firefox 85.0.2.  

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2021

Ooh, i see these new options, this is great, I'm glad to see this. Being able to go back to where we have commented and also see who has replied to us. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 6.04.01 PM.png
    2616 x 544 - 350K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I am so happy to see that formatting is back :) Thank you!

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284
    edited February 2021

Storypilot said:

Ooh, i see these new options, this is great, I'm glad to see this. Being able to go back to where we have commented and also see who has replied to us. 

It's certainly a step in the right direction, though it is still missing the one where comments on our own work are noticed!  You see where you have commented but, on your own work, that only tends to be if you noticed someone put a comment in the first place. Short of opening up numbers of works regularly there doesn't seem to be anyway of realising. Would still really love some form of notification system - option on opting in/out ideal as it may not suit everyone (This is really helpful if people are asking questions about something.) Failing that, a tab that shows my work that has been commented on.  Also, I am not sure I need a list of my comments AND my likes - the only notice I need to take of comments I have made is if someone has replied to them, surely? Those messages to me are ones that I can choose to action. Perhaps that button can be retasked.

Post edited by Alias52 on
  • @DAZ_ann0314

Categories:
    Can you consider adding a gallery Category for: Alien(s)

Missing:
    The following 2 products are missing from the Daz Products Used list:
       Rin for Genesis 8 Female
       Rin Hair For Genesis 8 Female

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2021

I'm liking these new gallery features but:

a) I like the "themed sort buttons" but they should be in a row by themselves and the sub-galleries I made up should be in seperate rows below the "themed sort buttons"

b) "Newest" sort button is so slow compared to the "Most Popular" and those jumping dots are missing telling me the remote server is working.

c) It would be nice if we could have rows where were just favorited other gallery posters. However, because of the likelihood that the number of favorited other Gallery Posters would grow to be large and unwieldy; have it and the actual gallery user's own galleries be in seperate tabs. Tab 1 is the actual user's list of galleries and Tab 2 is the list of the actual users favorited 'other gallery users'  

Thanks.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Oohh I just noticed I could right-click and open in new tab! Thank you! Though a small "complaint"/wish, please change it so the name of the image is on the tab, makes it easier to see what is what instead of having a row of tabs each having the same name (Daz 3D I 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D) :)

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I would prefer "Newest" be the default page when going into the gallery.

akmerlow said:

Not sure if they can change that or not but I did send in the information/suggestion. 

Daventaki said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Daventaki said:

I don't know if this issue has been reported yet but for some reason sometimes it tries to upload the image twice.  I was able to catch a screen shot this time.

This is a series of images I was uploading and it did it on both the first and the second image when I uploaded.  The one shown is the second image upload. Ive had it do it on single image uploads also.

What browser and version are you using?

To everyone else, are others experiencing this as well?  

Firefox 85.0.2.  

Anyone else experiencing this same issue? If so is it using the same browser as above or a different one. Just trying to narrow it down before reporting heart 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i confused by the animation category.  dont see a play button.  ??

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

Some of the gallery posts in that category (e.g. Ivy's) give a link to youtube or vimeo so see them in action. Others seem to be just static images - I wonder if they tagged then "Animation" when they really meant "Animé"?

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 181
    edited February 2021

Been gone a while and just looked at new gallery. Basically nothing functions for me. Screenshots attached. (I'm using Pale Moon browser, which is a fork of Firefox. All adblockers disabled.)

Images not appearing except for that top bar. The only navigation that works is the side arrows to scroll on that row of images.

Rest is just those bouncing colored dots.

Can't select "Popular" "Newest" or any of the page numbers.

CAN select "Categories" and that brings up a page with rows of images in categories.

NONE of the other presumed links can be clicked on. They just don't do anything.

CAN select "My Gallery" BUT much like the main page can only see top bar of imges and rest is those bouncing colored dots. Again the only navigation that works is the arrows to scroll sideways in the row of images. NONE of the presumed links can be clicked on. They just don't do anything.

main gallery page.png
    1130 x 1971 - 1M
    Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 181
    edited February 2021

Here's the screenshot of my own gallery page.

my gallery page.png
    1130 x 3860 - 1M
    Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,427

Hurray, I just tried opening in a new tab, and it worked!  Thank you very much for continuing to work on the gallery, and listening to our suggestions.  I really appreciate it!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012

Please can we have be 'landscape'  and  'seascape' categories,

Also I would like to see an option to change the gallery name... in my case to Mary's Gallery or Mermaid's Gallery instead the user name.

Thanks

Thank you very much for restoring 'right-click open in new tab' option. Much appreciated. smileyyes

• AlfRaMusicAlfRaMusic Posts: 99
    edited March 2021

mermaid010 said:

Also I would like to see an option to change the gallery name... in my case to Mary's Gallery or Mermaid's Gallery instead the user name.

Thanks

You can change the name of your gallery! Go to your Gallery Main Page...click Edit, mark your old name and type in your prefered name!

Post edited by AlfRaMusic on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012

AlfRaMusic said:

mermaid010 said:

Thanks

You can change the name of your gallery! Go to your Gallery Main Page...click Edit, mark your old name and type in your prefered name!

Thanks much appreciated

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

I tried to add Kala 8 to the list of resources on one of my renders, and the only result that came up was Kalani for G8F. Whether I typed in "kala" or "kala 8", I only got that same result.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it's impossible to tell when looking at an image whether we've already "liked" it or not until after you click the heart and get told that you've already done so.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

Sevrin said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it's impossible to tell when looking at an image whether we've already "liked" it or not until after you click the heart and get told that you've already done so.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I'm also not thrilled that the gallery automatically likes your own uploads for you. 

Also I'm detecting a slight bit of overlap on the landing page of the gallery.  I can't imagine a whole lot of thought went into this.