New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• Sevrin said:

Also I'm detecting a slight bit of overlap on the landing page of the gallery.  I can't imagine a whole lot of thought went into this.

Both are showing Trending.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

robertswww said:

@DAZ_ann0314

Categories:
    Can you consider adding a gallery Category for: Alien(s)

Missing:
    The following 2 products are missing from the Daz Products Used list:
       Rin for Genesis 8 Female
       Rin Hair For Genesis 8 Female

..add to that Gamine (a texture set for Casual Style for Genesis 3 Female)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

kyoto kid said:

robertswww said:

@DAZ_ann0314

Categories:

Missing:
       Rin for Genesis 8 Female

"Gamine" returns no store results, either through the store or via Google, so it may not be in the store anymore.

..I also notice that the Daz 3D Items Used list does not appear up when I click on an individual image.  It only appears when if I click Edit on my own gallery.

Gordig said:

kyoto kid said:

robertswww said:

@DAZ_ann0314

Categories:

Missing:
       Rin for Genesis 8 Female

"Gamine" returns no store results, either through the store or via Google, so it may not be in the store anymore.

...interesting, wonder why. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Richard Haseltine said:

Sevrin said:

Also I'm detecting a slight bit of overlap on the landing page of the gallery.  I can't imagine a whole lot of thought went into this.

Obviously.  But why are both showing Trending by default?   Who thought that's a good idea?  Make one Popular and one Trending. 

• Sevrin said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Sevrin said:

Obviously.  But why are both showing Trending by default?   Who thought that's a good idea?  Make one Popular and one Trending. 

Or make the top one Trending and the bottom one Newest.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

kyoto kid said:

Gordig said:

kyoto kid said:

robertswww said:

@DAZ_ann0314

Categories:

Missing:
       Rin for Genesis 8 Female

...interesting, wonder why. 

It was a texture set made by Moyra, so left the store with her - I don't think it turned up on Rendo, but I'm not sure. 

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 826

Is there a way to change your gallery username? I changed my username a while a go on the forum but it did not effect my username with the gallery.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818

Sevrin said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Sevrin said:

It was that way originally (popular was the top banner) and people requested that be changed, wanting the list to be more dynamic, so it was changed to Trending. Since there seems to be a disagreement as to which who wants to see, I put in a suggestion for being able to select which you see first (between Popular, Newest, and Trending so you can switch between them) 

BlueFingers said:

Is there a way to change your gallery username? I changed my username a while a go on the forum but it did not effect my username with the gallery.

You should be able to edit it going to My Gallery - Edit and then clicking where the name is. It should then be an editable field.

zombietaggerung said:

Or make the top one Trending and the bottom one Newest.

That has also been suggested smiley 

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

I would still like a notification option for messages on artwork. (Note option - not forcing everyone to have something...)The fix of lots of extra tabs in your gallery is all well and good, but I already knew who I commented on and was pretty sure who I liked. The replies is mostly useful but I personally find it more useful to have notifications I can respond to. Having to hunt for messages you have not yet replied to is painful at the very least. I have limited time and would like to target what I have. I would actually also prefer a favourites gallery (over a likes) I like a lot of art, as I am still learning, but those that have the extra wow factor I want to be able to remember. Also, something to follow selected artists ideally.

Right now, I log in, see the same images over and over on my first page and am already mostly unmotivated by the time I fight my way to the newest page. Normally, I would take a look through those and comment and like as my renders are baking, but I am losing the will frankly.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

The gallery is great in a lot of ways. But one thing bothers me. When you like an image, the heart icon stays the same color, which might lead you to click it again. This brings up a prompt asking if you want to remove your like. If the heart changed colors after you clicked it, it would be a lot clearer and prevent some double-clicking. 

I'm honestly puzzled as to why the person designing the gallery didn't think of this themself. 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. 

...ah just aw what happened to Daz3D Items Used. The store thumbnails end up at the bottom of the page for each image.  I thought just the names would be listed. below the tags on the right side like before.

• Alias52 said:

I would still like a notification option for messages on artwork. (Note option - not forcing everyone to have something...)The fix of lots of extra tabs in your gallery is all well and good, but I already knew who I commented on and was pretty sure who I liked. The replies is mostly useful but I personally find it more useful to have notifications I can respond to. Having to hunt for messages you have not yet replied to is painful at the very least. I have limited time and would like to target what I have. I would actually also prefer a favourites gallery (over a likes) I like a lot of art, as I am still learning, but those that have the extra wow factor I want to be able to remember. Also, something to follow selected artists ideally.

Right now, I log in, see the same images over and over on my first page and am already mostly unmotivated by the time I fight my way to the newest page. Normally, I would take a look through those and comment and like as my renders are baking, but I am losing the will frankly.

I believe we have been told, earlier in this thread, that notifications are on the road map for future updates.

Indeed. Sorry, I had assumed the tabs were in place of the notifications, as they arrived somewhat after that message had come through. Is there any kind of timetable on things? Or at least a roadmap of what will happen? That would help.

• Alias52 said:

Indeed. Sorry, I had assumed the tabs were in place of the notifications, as they arrived somewhat after that message had come through. Is there any kind of timetable on things? Or at least a roadmap of what will happen? That would help.

Not that I am aware of.

certaintree38 said:

The gallery is great in a lot of ways. But one thing bothers me. When you like an image, the heart icon stays the same color, which might lead you to click it again. This brings up a prompt asking if you want to remove your like. If the heart changed colors after you clicked it, it would be a lot clearer and prevent some double-clicking. 

I'm honestly puzzled as to why the person designing the gallery didn't think of this themself. 

I've sent in the suggestion :)  

edited March 2021

Anyone else having issues loading to the gallery today? It's telling me that it cannot create the page.

Edit. Several hours later. So, it will let me add pictures to an existing page but still not allowing for a new one. Help ticket time methinks.

Post edited by Alias52 on

DAZ_ann0314 said:

certaintree38 said:

I've sent in the suggestion :)  

Cool. Thanks!

Any chance we can get a search by tag function? Especially one with the ability to choose multiple tags? As it stands, the only way I know how to get a list of images associated with a particular tag, is to hope to find an image with that tag and click on it there. 

• Is there a manual how it works to add images to the gallery? I've already failed twice.
    If anyone can give a link to a tutorial that would be great. Thanks :)

• 76Claudia2205 said:

Is there a manual how it works to add images to the gallery? I've already failed twice.
    If anyone can give a link to a tutorial that would be great. Thanks :)

Did you see the video in the second post of this thread? If that isn't working, please describe the steps you are following. Do note that, if you are new to gallery posting, there is a validation step before your image will appear.

• Gallery suck so hard

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,065
    edited March 2021

nasseralbassam said:

Gallery suck so hard

Constructive and illuminating feedback is always useful. Would you care to attempt to offer some additonal detail on the issue(s) you are finding?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited March 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

nasseralbassam said:

Gallery suck so hard

Constructive and illuminating feedback is always useful. Would you care to attempt to offer some additonal detail on the issue(s) you are finding?

Constructive and illuminating feedback is always useful. ...

too funny - wipes eyes crying

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • barbult said:

RichardC said:

barbult said:

I've been informed that all the fourm links to gallery images will remain broken. Boy, that is bad news. no Neither the forum nor the gallery were supposed to be affected by the store change. crying 

A link to your "Popular Page" works, though... which seems like an ideal way to close any forum comment. Just go to your gallery and copy the hyperlink, like I've done below.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5364928772833280#gallery=popular&page=1 ;

I don't understand how that addresses the problem at all. The problem is that people have linked specific gallery images in forum messages, to illustrate a point or show off a product in use. All of those forum message now have empty broken image icons instead of the formerly linked image. Here is an example. The linked gallery image is no longer visible in the forum message, and Daz does not plan to fix the problem that they created.

(Bah, went to post a reply to this, after taking a good while to craft a perfect message, and somehow the entire thing got eaten when it decided to quietly log me out of the forums, and didn't get preserved in the usual back-up-the-message-in-progress thing. o0)

Okay, waded through the entire thread, specifically looking to see if this hugely important issue was going to be resolved, and all I've found is this breif mention of it early on in the thread, and then it never brought up again for the entire rest of the thread.  Considering how very, very, very extensively the feature has been used of being able to link to a picture in the gallery and have the image appear visually within the body of the message, most extensively in render-challenge threads going on for potentially hundreds of pages, with these sorts of threads likely going back to the very dawn of the Daz3D forums, it flabberghasts me that something like this is hasn't been resolved.  For the longest time, I just figured this was a short term bug and would be repaired sometime fairly soon after the gallery system had come back into place again.

Please tell me SOMEthing is being done to fix this.  Without this feature working, it breaks a gigantic number of threads. 0o

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 769

Finding User Galleries...

1. When you click on someone's username here in the Daz forums, it takes you to their "About" page. Shouldn't there be a link to the user's Gallery on their about page (or at least the option for a user to add/show a link to their user gallery)?

2. The old gallery had a search-box to search for gallery images by Artist/User... is this something that will be coming back (as I don't currently see a way to find a user's gallery)?

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,115

Finding User Galleries...

1. When you click on someone's username here in the Daz forums, it takes you to their "About" page. Shouldn't there be a link to the user's Gallery on their about page (or at least the option for a user to add/show a link to their user gallery)?

2. The old gallery had a search-box to search for gallery images by Artist/User... is this something that will be coming back (as I don't currently see a way to find a user's gallery)?

These are good suggestions and I agree, especially when I'm on mobile can't can't see the signatures which sometimes link to the user's gallery.

For right now, when you go to your own gallery, it shows you uploads where you've commented, "Liked", and replied. It is possible to use any of these to track down a favorite artist and see what they've been up to. But there definitely needs to be an easier way.