A Li'l Side Render Fun #2022 - Tuesday is Soylent Green Day edition

1234568»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Diomede said:

Sci Fi Funk said:

I entered tonight. Better late than never!

@Bunyip02 I am liking what you are doing with that Topaz post.

I've been quiet recently on here catching up with the whole Genesis 1-8 thing on Daz. Those G8 figures look great in IRAY but I have to say ...... Daz crashes regularly and I'm not even pushing it, Carrara rock solid as ever.

See you all for the voting.

@Sci_fi_funk, for some reason I am not seeing your entry image in the entry thread.  These days I don't know what is a problem on my end and what is a problem with the forum software.  Could you check again?

It's not just you. I don't see it either. I wonder if there's a size limit that we don't know about? Some of Bunyip's pics on NPR thread don't show for me for days.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,707

Sci Fi Funk said:

I've been quiet recently on here catching up with the whole Genesis 1-8 thing on Daz. Those G8 figures look great in IRAY but I have to say ...... Daz crashes regularly and I'm not even pushing it, Carrara rock solid as ever.

Thanks !!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,707

Dartanbeck said:

Diomede said:

Sci Fi Funk said:

@Sci_fi_funk, for some reason I am not seeing your entry image in the entry thread.  These days I don't know what is a problem on my end and what is a problem with the forum software.  Could you check again?

It's not just you. I don't see it either. I wonder if there's a size limit that we don't know about? Some of Bunyip's pics on NPR thread don't show for me for days.

They always show up for me, although a bit slow loading at times ! On a few other threads I have noticed that the posted images sometimes don't load - forum mystery !!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Right. When we load them, it gets stored in our internet cache, so we can always see our own pics 

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Hi.

Sorry I don't understand what has gone wrong. I followed the guide on uploading. So I've uploaded again but this time not gone for the resized to 800 wide edit. Hopefully it will stay there.

Any help appreciated, otherise that is my entry. If clicked on it goes to 1920 x 1080.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082
    edited May 2021

Sci Fi Funk said:

Hi.

Sorry I don't understand what has gone wrong. I followed the guide on uploading. So I've uploaded again but this time not gone for the resized to 800 wide edit. Hopefully it will stay there.

Any help appreciated, otherise that is my entry. If clicked on it goes to 1920 x 1080.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I have been having a lot of trouble with pic attachments to the forum lately.  My own posts have had my attachments not appear, or worse, appear with a different post of mine.  When Veronika posted two entries, I could see one but not the other - which makes NO sense.  Sometimes what I report as a problem is also a problem for others, sometimes not.  I can't figure it out.

I still couldn't see your Soylent Green entry.  Rather than jump through more hoops, and given that yours is the most recent entry, I hope you don't mind that I just retrieved your attachment and posted it in the adjacent post.  If anyone has a similar problem as me, they will see it in the next post.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited May 2021

getting a last minute one in with wip wink

The Wacky Dystopian Market

market_setup.JPG
    1874 x 874 - 288K
    Markets.png
    1200 x 617 - 944K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@Diomede I don't mind at all. Thanks for helping me.

Nice entry, Stezza.  Very wacky.  I wish I had created the little old guy with the mustache and the top hat!

The entry thread will remain open through midnight Daz time on the 15th, which is the North American Mountain Time, which means people still have two days to get stuff in from the time of my post.  Great set of entries already.  

Here is one time converter.  You might find better on the internet  https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/mountain-time/

Chances are I won't stay up late enough on the 15th, so don't be surprised if I don't do the conversion until the following morning when I wake up.  If anyone wants extra time, just let me know.  Very informal this time around.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

Diomede said:

Nice entry, Stezza.  Very wacky.  I wish I had created the little old guy with the mustache and the top hat!

aha... 3du toons version1 wink

I think he wants to get past GO! laugh 

I love those 3du toons.  Great way to integrate the fellow in your scene.  They have changed all the community chest cards to make them less offensive so he might as well GO!

edited May 2021

I am going to get one last entry in for me.  I was playing around with old content.  This is Michael 3, David 3, and The Kids 4.  One of those towns that either outlaws kids or outlaws toys.  So, Santa Claus has been caught by the childcatcher who is now trying to net another little kid.  This is primarily the straight render with a GMIC filter with a multiply of the coverage pass to bring out the lines a little more.

aa03 coverage pass.jpg
    1830 x 948 - 227K
    aa02 scene setup.jpg
    1806 x 1005 - 320K
    aa04 chitty entry.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

squeezin1 more entry

title  the Soylent Zombie condition

zombmyhair wip.JPG
    891 x 557 - 61K
    zombiemyhair.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Wonderful entry, Misty.  The reflections of the faucets really came through.  The pose is expressive.  

There is about 8 hours left officially, 16 hours left unofficially (because I will go to sleep instead of staying up for Daz mountain time).  Is there anyone who would like an extra day or two?  I'm assuming not.

i did all my entries without opening the ds plugin not once.  its a win!

Congrats on a win!  My most recent entry did not use the DS plugin, and my badlands entry did not use DS plugin, and my pelican skeleton did not.  Trying to remember my others.  DS is a useful plugin, but as far as challenges go, my use is usually if I have made a costume for a figure and want to use the transfer utility, or if I am using one of your later generation presets and I need to convert something to blended weight.

the convert rigging connundrum.  sighhh

at least we can import iray shaders in carrara nows.

i started some work on a vba access script to convert the rigging.  so far i've got it importing a dsf file to a table.
    on the bright side, each node only has one array for the general curly braces.

would be so much better if general skinning would work natively.

Entry Thread has been converted to the voting thread. 

Thank you to all who participated in this WIP thread.

Please go here to vote for three entries (3).

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/491556/entry-thread-side-2022-soylent-green-accept-entries-until-may-15/p1

i fwwl like partying with green beerdevil