New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2023

CJ Mercia (G9)         dForce  Adventure Style Outfit (G9)     and textures        PA Jenny Hair (G9)     Easygoing (Pose) 

Well, this outfit is not one I'd give a high rating for regarding how it's supposed to work. If you load it onto the figure before posing, it won't follow it when posing, even when it is parented. I tried fit, I tried follow. And checked and it was parented to NONE when first loaded up,  even when the character was selected in scene. I tested with different poses, wondering if the pose had anything to do with it (even though that pose set is what I used in the other renders.

However, if you pose the character first, THEN add the clothes, it works. Not only did it not follow, you can see how it stretched/got deformed under the armpit. UGH. However, I like the outfit so wil ljust have to remember to load AFTER posing. The smile is Lorienne Shock 31%, JS Fanny Open Smile 15.9, MSO Alba Smile open 52.2 and mouth dimple 42.5  Then I added Monica Smile 39% on the second one.  I HATE Genesis 9 configurations for smiling- there's no Smile Mouth Open, instead you have a bunch of convoluted small things you have to add together. A big step backward, unless I'm missing something. That, and not having a surface area for the lips- what the heck were they thinking on moving THAT backward too? I got G9 stuff during the sale, but won't buy any more after this. G8 has more features that I easily work with. However, I haven't been using G9 so what do you actually LIKE about G9?  (Trying to be fair, and I do have limited experience.

Also a tip- use ponytail or pigtails for characters with hats. It puts the hair behind the head, and no poketrhrough on the hat! Just do the camera angle right and you're all set. This hair works great with this hat!

The messed up jacket when pose applied

Mercia Adventure Style Outfit PA Jenny Hr G9.png
    800 x 800 - 961K
    Mercia Adventure Style Outfit PA Jenny Hr G9 3.png
    800 x 1000 - 911K
    Mercia Adventure Style Outfit PA Jenny Hr G9 2.png
    600 x 800 - 691K
    Post edited by Novica on

memcneil70 said:

Came to post a link to AP story that I think every donut lover will appreciate. I found three pairs of jeans, but then D|S crashed. Give me a few.

LOL imagine the tummy aches they had!  (And the military police griping about losing all their donuts....)
    thanks for showing the jeans- I don't like cut off above the ankle ones, but if a character is not standing they do look good!   I can't remember which tight tops I got, it wasn't the yoga one (which looks good) but it was some workout one. I'll be posting a lot of the stuff I bought throughout the upcoming weeks- I can't spend as much time here as I used to but I'll be posting on a regular basis. Love to see what everyone else bought!   I did stock up on Z poses since I had none for G9. They were only a couple bucks.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,768

@Novica, I have the outfit, but I have been busy myself rebuilding my categories/sub-categories on my Win 10 laptop. I have no idea what happened.

Thanks for warning me about that issue. It's weird though, the outfits I have from that PA have been fine so far.

Regarding G9 smiles. I think the term 'stiff upper lip' can be applied to many of the G9 characters and why so many PAs are now including facial expressions with their characters. You did a fantastic job with CJ Mercia's facial expression and it is one of the few that express real joy and happiness I have seen.

I have bought some of those extra baggy jeans, and because Target still hasn't opened the changing rooms still, you can't tell if an item is going to look dreadful on you or not. When my closet fell apart during the bed bug disaster early this summer, I tossed a whole lot of jeans I will never wear again, or would never allow myself be seen in public - too short, too baggy, too heavy, too, too, too... Then weeks later found I had also thrown out all my exercise clothes, except one pair of running shorts. I was not a happy camper. No shorts at all and weather in the 90s. That one pair of running shorts got heavy use.

Here's the group from today- was WAITING for Cake One and Vyktohria!  I wanted a Sexy Skinz to go under a low cut sweater I picked up, and this volume 3 had what I needed (a scoop neck with short sleeves, looks like a t-shirt.) So if you need something like that, this is that volume. That Tropical Retreat has so many props for outdoor use, couldn't pass it up.I started with about 80.00 in the cart and whacked it down to 37.92 and 85% off as I used 7 tokens (35% off additionally)  Wrapping up my spending and not even looking at what's offered in October, as that's the only way I don't spend. 

Love that butterfly jewelry!
    So what's your favorite thing you've bought so far? Or things?

Out and About Outfit for Genesis 9

newrecent best $2.99

$21.99  $2.99  86% Off

Tropical Retreat

recent best $6.6

$21.99   $2.80    87% Off

Butterfly Pendant and Earrings for Genesis 9 and 8

newrecent best $8.99

$14.99  $3.27   78% Off

UltraHD Iray HDRI With DOF - The Island

recent best $16.5

$32.99  $6.01   82% Off

UltraHD Iray HDRI With DOF - Dark Castle

recent best $6

$14.99   $2.73    82% Off

UltraHD Iray HDRI With DOF - The Cliff

recent best $5.25

$14.99   $2.73    82% Off

UltraHD Iray HDRI With DOF - The Road

recent best $4.49

$14.95   $1.91     87% Off

VYK Sexy Skinz - Bodysuits Vol III for Genesis 9

recent best $10.8

$26.99   $4.92       82% Off

VYK Milan for Genesis 9

recent best $7.35

$20.99   $2.68    87% Off

VYK Sydney for Genesis 9

recent best $5.93

$16.95  $2.16   87% Off

VYK Astarte for Genesis 8.1 Female

recent best $6.98

$19.95   $2.54    87% Off

VYK Robyn Character and Outfit for Victoria 8.1

recent best $5.99

$24.95   $3.18    87% Off

edited October 2023

Hey all you pet lovers, just have to mention this at Walmart-
    Hoover WindTunnel High-Performance Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, UH72601

I have owned the earlier model (UH72600) for three years, and as you know I have Ci Pwff the Samoyed which is a hair machine. This vacuum is normally 250.00 and last week they had a sale and they were 80.00 so I bought one, tested it, and bought two more. Well now they are on sale for 69.00 so I wanted all you pet owners to know!  (And they're great without pets too of course.)  There's been over 1000 sold since yesterday so will sell out soon I'm sure. Everyone at the barn is scooping them up as we all have dogs.  I can vouch for this vacuum- works super well, is a Windtunnel 3 which is their latest Windtunnel with super suction and HEPA filtering.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

Hey all you pet lovers, just have to mention this at Walmart-
    Hoover WindTunnel High-Performance Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, UH72601

I have owned the earlier model (UH72600) for three years, and as you know I have Ci Pwff the Samoyed which is a hair machine. This vacuum is normally 250.00 and last week they had a sale and they were 80.00 so I bought one, tested it, and bought two more. Well now they are on sale for 69.00 so I wanted all you pet owners to know!  (And they're great without pets too of course.)  There's been over 1000 sold since yesterday so will sell out soon I'm sure. Everyone at the barn is scooping them up as we all have dogs.  I can vouch for this vacuum- works super well, is a Windtunnel 3 which is their latest Windtunnel with super suction and HEPA filtering.

$149.00  now went ahead and got one to replace the BISSELL 2254 CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum, that I have which is a terrible vacuum that blows as much away from it as it pickups and breaks easily

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

I have owned the earlier model (UH72600) for three years, and as you know I have Ci Pwff the Samoyed which is a hair machine. This vacuum is normally 250.00 and last week they had a sale and they were 80.00 so I bought one, tested it, and bought two more. Well now they are on sale for 69.00 so I wanted all you pet owners to know!  

$149.00  now went ahead and got one to replace the BISSELL 2254 CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum, that I have which is a terrible vacuum that blows as much away from it as it pickups and breaks easily

Sorry you didn't catch it in time, that was fast! But you'll really love the suction on it. 

• Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

I have owned the earlier model (UH72600) for three years, and as you know I have Ci Pwff the Samoyed which is a hair machine. This vacuum is normally 250.00 and last week they had a sale and they were 80.00 so I bought one, tested it, and bought two more. Well now they are on sale for 69.00 so I wanted all you pet owners to know!  

Sorry you didn't catch it in time, that was fast! But you'll really love the suction on it. 

Yeah can't hit'em all still saved a $100.00 on it 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I like my 5 year old Bissell model, it's not an upright but one of those 4 wheel models. I got it from Lowe's. Salty leaves behind quite a few feathers, seed hulls, seeds, and assorted messes every day so it's like cleaning up after a toddler everyday.I am done vacuuming in 10 minutes and cleanup generally 30 minutes. The cup is somwhat small though and on really messy days needs to be emptied that same very messy day.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,280
    edited October 2023

nonesuch00 said:

I like my 5 year old Bissell model, it's not an upright but one of those 4 wheel models. I got it from Lowe's. Salty leaves behind quite a few feathers, seed hulls, seeds, and assorted messes every day so it's like cleaning up after a toddler everyday.I am done vacuuming in 10 minutes and cleanup generally 30 minutes. The cup is somwhat small though and on really messy days needs to be emptied that same very messy day.

Know what you mean about a small cup. I tried a WYZE stick vac and it worked fantastic except for the cup being way too small for house floor use and needing more than two batteries if ran at max speed

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited October 2023

Robert Freise said:

nonesuch00 said:

Know what you mean about a small cup. I tried a WYZE stick vac and it worked fantastic except for the cup being way too small for house floor use and needing more than two batteries if ran at max speed

Yeah, mine is enough to to the floor one - three days but not more. And if I vacuum any feathers or pieces of paper only 1 day because the filters get blocked. I guess though it's nasty enough it should be emptied after every use but I'm a guy so well... 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Robert Freise said:

So Robert, did that vacuum I recommended meet your expectations? 

• Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

Works great.

Just wish it had a light on it for the dark corners 

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

Works great.

Just wish it had a light on it for the dark corners 

Interesting. I've never had one of those. Would be nice! Anyway, glad you agree on it. I bought three because of Ci Pwff and the never ending parade of MASSIVE hair clumps. I go through vacuums every two or three years, and what the heck, for the price I can store these in the garage. Couldn't beat the price, and agree you still got a very good deal at 100.00 off. Will last you for years! 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

A Video for Halloween

@fishtales   Love it!  Happy Halloween!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

Novica said:

@fishtales   Love it!  Happy Halloween!

Thank you and the same to you :) 

Forget Halloween- how about Fourth of July?   When a truck of fireworks gets struck by a semi-truck....

I have always liked Jeanne Moos's offbeat news takes and who is the English guy that also does offbeat news take on CNN as well?

edited December 2023

My big girl's gone as of 1145

RIP Emerald.png
    1818 x 2184 - 6M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Robert Freise said:

My big girl's gone as of 1145

My condolences Robert ,it's so hard losing our fur babies .....

• Thank You

• I'm very sorry to hear that, especailly at this time of year.

• Thanks

Far from my favorite time of year so it was actually the best time

Robert, she looks like a big love and I am sure she is walking alongside you in your heart. 

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

Robert, she looks like a big love and I am sure she is walking alongside you in your heart. 

Mary

She was also 100% Diva 

Yep, I can see that sultry, "I own you lock stock and barrel' look in her face. You were one lucky man.

edited December 2023

Yeah when she was outside with me and decided that she was ready to go in she would stand at the door and look at me and if I told her just a minute she would shake her head and stomp her right front paw

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

Robert Freise said:

Yeah when she was outside with me and decided that she was ready to go in she would stand at the door and look at me and if I told her just a minute she would shake her head and stomp her right front paw

That's a diva alright! I'm sorry you lost her.

• Thanks all