New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• @ Robert Freise - I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure she was a great friend and will always be with you in your heart.

• Thanks

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@robertfriese   It's so obvious Emerald was loved and pampered. Hugs from Pensacola.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@Robert Freise, I am really sorry to hear about your loss :(

• Tim82 said:

@Robert Freise, I am really sorry to hear about your loss :(

Thanks 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited December 2023

Robert Freise said:

My big girl's gone as of 1145

I'm very sorry for your loss. 

The old abandoned, almost starved, foxhound that I named Sam Duke had a progressive nerve disease, vet said it was peculiar almost exclusively to American Coonhounds/Foxhounds such that its blood flow slowly reduced and caused skin lessions and have mobility troubles at times because of nerve problems in the muscles. He was kept as long as he wasn't obviously suffering but it can be difficult to tell as he was always glad to see me. As he just stopped wandering around in the yard with me as I did yard work and such, it became clear he was going to suffer too much with nerve problems and so he was put down by a vet.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Checking in and hoping everyone made it through the blizzards and cold. Here's a fun video!  Been down in the teens with wind chill, temps in the low 2o's in Pensacola. Nice today and tomorrow, almost to 60 and low of 43, then back down  to 20's. Reminder- feral and stray cats/ animals could sure use your hlp! If you have empty boxes and tubs, throw some towels inside, cover with a blanket and leave an opening, turn away from wind and put near the house by vegetation. And yes, I still have Shadow, probably 16 years old and a new stray of a year, Capri. They both have industrial heating pads for pets (Chewy dot com) and Sunbeam heat pads that you can turn off the two hour timer so it stays on. Nice and toasty!  (Always put  kitchen towels over those because if too hot the cats won't stay on them) 

Anyway, hope the new year is going well for you!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited January 24

@Robert Freise here is my portrait of Ms Nudge in the grass.

Ms Nudge in the Grass_003.jpg
    2000 x 1400 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,281

Nice work

@barbult   Cute! This past week when it wasin the 20's,  I brought my tiny potted bamboo plant inside (I'm starting it from a stalk my dog chewed off, it's from last spring and doing great!) and my cat promptly chewed many leaves overnight. I didnt stop to think bamboo is indeed a grass LOL.

Did you see the scary rogue waves hitting the Army installation in the Marshall Islands?
    Here's the story and the video
    Story    Video

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,774

I saw the story in The Stars and Stripes this morning. Soldiers were evacuated.

Good morning Novica. 

@barbult, darling kitty.

Charlie and Simon have totally calmed down and taken over my life. They are starting their campaign on Thom. Simon sleeps on his bed during the day, besides his closet. Charlie is walking into his room when he is in it, stares at him, then tells me it is time for bed and leads me to my room. Just like Bugsy used to do. If that doesn't work, he sends in the Marine, Simon, to circle around me and errps. No meows but tonal sounds that I mimic back at both of them.

I am working now on my sub-categories on my new Win11 computer with a 4090 card 64 Ram and vram (not sure how that happened). And of course one of my authors sent me not one, but two packages to edit, one for online, one for publishing two days ago. So my day is split between the two projects - cateloging in the early morning, walk, editing in the late morning.

During the deep freeze Denver had, our windows froze around the frames from leaking water and ice formed inside. I had an icicle form halfway up one side inside. So that window may be replaced and all windows resealed soon. We were down to -17F feels like -25F and I was so glad I didn't have to walk Bugs. Just driving Thom to work and cleaning snow off the van was bad. We have warmed up to the 50s. Hoodie weather.

But considering how bad others have had it across the country, we got off easy.

Happy Year of the Dragon!

Just informed last night that my mom passed away Saturday night she was 89 and would've been 90 on April 14

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,354

Robert Freise said:

Just informed last night that my mom passed away Saturday night she was 89 and would've been 90 on April 14

My condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. 

Charlie Judge said:

Robert Freise said:

My condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. 

Thanks 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Robert Freise said:

Sorry, condolences.

Robert Freise said:

Oh, gosh! I'm so sorry. It is so hard to lose a parent.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 171

May she R.I.P and may you and your family find solace in past memories of her....

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

So sorry, Robert, condolences to you and yours.  My mom just turned 89.  wishing you only good news.

• Very sorry to see that.

Thanks all

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Robert Freise said:

So sorry for your loss.......

Thanks

@robertfreise   Oh Robert, sorry about your mom. Tell us something about your mom that would always make you smile? 

Novica said:

@robertfreise   Oh Robert, sorry about your mom. Tell us something about your mom that would always make you smile? 

How much she loved animals and her natural ability to draw them 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,774

Robert Freise said:

Robert I am so sorry for your loss.

Mary 

Thanks

Novica said:

OK Lets try this a second time 

How much she loved animals and her natural ability to draw them. She couldn't draw anything else no matter how hard she tried 

She sounds very talented.