New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

My condolences, Robert.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,281

barbult said:

She sounds very talented.

Only when it came to drawing animals otherwise she couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler 

Cris Palomino said:

My condolences, Robert.

Thanks 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059

Robert Freise said:

Just informed last night that my mom passed away Saturday night she was 89 and would've been 90 on April 14

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@robertfreise   Oh Robert, sorry about your mom. Tell us something about your mom that would always make you smile? 

OK Lets try this a second time 

How much she loved animals and her natural ability to draw them. She couldn't draw anything else no matter how hard she tried 

Even better the second time! :)  I loved that she tried drawing things. Do you have any of her art?

Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@robertfreise   Oh Robert, sorry about your mom. Tell us something about your mom that would always make you smile? 

OK Lets try this a second time 

How much she loved animals and her natural ability to draw them. She couldn't draw anything else no matter how hard she tried 

Even better the second time! :)  I loved that she tried drawing things. Do you have any of her art?

No, I don't she stopped drawing many years ago and what few she hadn't thrown away were lost when she and Dad bought the farm outside of Gordonville on Lake Texoma back in the late 70s

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@ Robert Freise, I am very sorry for your loss, My condolences

Tim82 Thanks

edited March 1

My mother became an angel Wednesday morning at 4:46am at aged 96. Her cardinals came to the birdfeeder when the sun came up, and all is as it should be. The funeral is tonight and I won't be online anymore today and possibly the weekend. I know many of you have been on the thread almost since the beginning in 2013 and have gotten to know Mom and I was happy to share her. I saw her last week and we looked at photos from an album, had a nice visit. I was with her Monday and Tuesday, when I left she was sleeping peacefully.

10a.PNG
    688 x 800 - 3M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,772

Ah, Novica. Bless your mother and you, your family. May she walk with the light forever and in your love.

Mary

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    I'm sorry for your loss, Novica. I know the two of you were close and you were a fantastic daughter to her. Thanks for letting us know. Through this thread, we all came to know her a bit, too. She always looked happy to be in your company in the photos you shared. I love the way you broke the news, saying she became an angel. It was such a positive view of a traumatic circumstance. Take good care of yourself.

Thanks Mary and Barb. I was finally able to add a photo (it was doing it sideways) so Daz glitches as usual. It's back up in the post.

What a nice photo! Thanks for sharing.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,216

I'm sorry for your loss. However long the life, it still hurts.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,813

So sorry to hear Novica. Losing a parent is always tough no matter the age. Glad you were able to be as close to her as you were and spend quality time visiting with her. Indeed an Angel. Take care yourself during this time. 

I'm sorry for your loss, Novica.

She was a lovely lady

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

So sorry to hear about your loss ......

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,655

I'm so sorry to hear that. She seemed like such a wonderful lady from the stories you shared.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I'm sorry, Novica. I enjoyed your stories of your visits to see her.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

So sorry to hear of you loss, Novica. She was so lovely and her smile beautiful.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,168
    edited March 2

So sorry for your loss, I know your Mother meant a lot to you. I'm glad she went peacefully.

I'm sure you will have many happy memories to look back on when the sting fades. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@Novica, I am so sorry for your loss :(

Thank you everyone. I do have a minute to share a few things I think Mom would enjoy you knowing.

My sister Vivian and I didn't know the chaplain doing the service, and golly, did we get a superstar. He was SO in tune with what we wanted. I had told Viv I did NOT want a "preacher" who would preach about salvation and go through a church sermon. We wanted it short, and about HER. Vivian met with him the day prior and relayed that to him. So the first thing he does when I first meet him is throw up his hands like "I surrender!" and say, "I got it! No sermon!" with a grin.  And he did just what we asked. Then to our amazement, at the graveside service the next morning, he asked if we would like him to sing Amazing Grace- he was a professional singer and WOW! 

Back to the service. Viv and I wanted it to be (and labeled it in the paper and in the program) a Celebration of Life. So I spoke, and Viv spoke, and told nothing but funny stories. Here's one I told:

"Right after Mom became an angel, Vivian and I were sitting with her. I suddenly said "Ohhhh" and looked at Vivian. She quirked an eyebrow and repeated, "Ohhhh?"  Well, you see, Mom always loved it when our cousins from the country stopped in when they had appointments in Pensacola or just happened to be in town. Robbie, no matter how bad he felt with his decilning health, always stopped in to see Mom. Well, Robbie passed away a few months ago in December. We decided not to tell Mom, as it would make her incredibly sad. 

So I turned to Vivian and said, "You do know we didn't tell Mom that Robbie died. She just went through the Pearly Gates a few minutes ago, and I can just see Robbie striding forward with a big grin on his face saying, "Hey Aunt Vivian!"  .....and Mom saying, "What are YOU doing here?"

That was the way the stories went and the minister told us afterwards he'd really enjoyed a service as everyone left feeling good, not sad, and it focused on the joy she provided and left behind. He said that was "Quite a legacy to leave smiles."  

I have to go meet my sister as we have to go through all the files and get things in order, but today- just ask yourself how you can give someone a smile. My mom surely knows all of you are on the thread, supporting her daughter, and from both her and me- thank you so much. Love you guys! 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,799

I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences. Your mom sounds wonderful!

• dominiquebmdominiquebm Posts: 501

My condolences on the loss of your dear mother

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,354

I am very sorry for your loss. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I am so glad the funeral sermon was about the unique joy your mother brought to the world. Condolences once more, and everytime you need them.  

I hope you are doing OK, Novica.

I'm posting this here, because I know you have a large following who appreciate hearing about other users' experiences with products. I am returning Bogolan Dress for Genesis 9. It looks cute in the promo images and has nice material patterns, but the construction of the garment is very disappointing. Parts of the dress aren't welded to each other, and they separate when the product's default smoothing is applied. The straps are way above the shoulders and there is no adjustment morph to fix it. The top stitching detail is made up of tiny dense mesh (probably straight out of Marvelous Designer). There is a hidden "structure" surface that contributes nothing but extra useless mesh as far as I can see. It isn't connected to any of the rest of the dress, so I don't see how it supplies any "structure". The whole thing is is made of triangles, not quads. I won't buy from this PA again, based on this experience.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 Bogolan problems.jpg
    1777 x 1744 - 636K

barbult said:

I hope you are doing OK, Novica.

I'm posting this here, because I know you have a large following who appreciate hearing about other users' experiences with products. I am returning Bogolan Dress for Genesis 9. It looks cute in the promo images and has nice material patterns, but the construction of the garment is very disappointing. Parts of the dress aren't welded to each other, and they separate when the product's default smoothing is applied. The straps are way above the shoulders and there is no adjustment morph to fix it. The top stitching detail is made up of tiny dense mesh (probably straight out of Marvelous Designer). There is a hidden "structure" surface that contributes nothing but extra useless mesh as far as I can see. It isn't connected to any of the rest of the dress, so I don't see how it supplies any "structure". The whole thing is is made of triangles, not quads. I won't buy from this PA again, based on this experience.

Thanks for the info.

I had it in my wishlist glad I hadn't purchased it yet