Daz Math 201: Bundle discounts

The new store software has now enabled us to add in a new type of discount. It's something that has long been asked for: Bundle Discounts.

What are bundle discounts? If a bundle discount is enabled for a bundle you will get a discount on the bundle that corresponds to how much of the bundle you already own. Previously to handle bundle discounts we would group users into categories of who owned how many products of each bundle and then assigned some percentage off based on the number of items, it was better than nothing but about as accurate as a stormtrooper's blaster.

The new bundle discount system gives you an individual discount based on the % of products you own. All of these calculations go off of MSRP (list price) and not off of whatever discounted price the bundle is at or what discounted price you bought one of the products in the bundle for.

So, for an imaginary bundle that costs $80, let's say it has seven products: $25, $25, $10, $10, $10, $10, $10 so the total of the value of the products in the bundle is $100. If you own both of the $25 products you own 50% of the value of the bundle so if the bundle discount is configured to give you your full value off you will get a 50% discount on the bundle and it would only cost you $40 to buy the bundle vs $50 to buy the other items individually. In today's (April 22nd 2021) sale the bundle discount is set to give you a little boost so you would get an even better deal than that.

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Great but why are all the starter bundles still showing up and at regular sale price, (not $0) when we own the pro bundle? 

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

For an example in today's sale:

The Outpost Bundle's products have a total value of $135.70, the list price is $111.95 but is currently 50% off to bring it down to $55.98.

If you own the "Renegade Soldier Outfit for Genesis 8 Males" (MSRP: $21.95) it would bring your total down to $45.12, and in addition to that, if you also own "Bunker Tunnel" (MSRP: $15.95) it will bring your price down to $37.22. Any additional product would see the discounts keep increasing.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,418

This is great!  I'm so glad y'all have implemented this.  Now I can buy items on sale that I need soon and not worry about if they're in a bundle I eventually want or not!  Thank you!

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Thanks! Bookmarked this page so that I can come back to check my discounts against this equation
  • TobiasTobias Posts: 106
    edited April 2021

Wonderland said:

Great but why are all the starter bundles still showing up and at regular sale price, (not $0) when we own the pro bundle?  

They drop to 0 when you put them in your cart. 

With further experimentation.  I never got any of the bundles for Kimo 7.  Over the years I've picked up the character and another 6 of the items in the pro bundle.  If I put the pro bundle in my cart it goes to $0 for the 5 items I don't have.

Post edited by Tobias on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Tobias said:

Wonderland said:

They drop to 0 when you put them in your cart. 

Yeah, but I’m sick of them cluttering up the page. They should not show up since I purchased the pro bundles. 

• Well if those drop to 0$ in cart just purchase them and you won't see them again ;-)

• DAZ_Rawb said:

The new store software has now enabled us to add in a new type of discount. It's something that has long been asked for: Bundle Discounts.

What are bundle discounts? If a bundle discount is enabled for a bundle you will get a discount on the bundle that corresponds to how much of the bundle you already own. Previously to handle bundle discounts we would group users into categories of who owned how many products of each bundle and then assigned some percentage off based on the number of items, it was better than nothing but about as accurate as a stormtrooper's blaster.

The new bundle discount system gives you an individual discount based on the % of products you own. All of these calculations go off of MSRP (list price) and not off of whatever discounted price the bundle is at or what discounted price you bought one of the products in the bundle for.

So, for an imaginary bundle that costs $80, let's say it has seven products: $25, $25, $10, $10, $10, $10, $10 so the total of the value of the products in the bundle is $100. If you own both of the $25 products you own 50% of the value of the bundle so if the bundle discount is configured to give you your full value off you will get a 50% discount on the bundle and it would only cost you $40 to buy the bundle vs $50 to buy the other items individually. In today's (April 22nd 2021) sale the bundle discount is set to give you a little boost so you would get an even better deal than that.

Great addition!

• Just "bought" a couple of the starter bundles to have them disappear from product listings (used hide from ATIs extension before). Worked fine but a couple of bundles did not drop to 0$ although I own all its content. Shall I report those?

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Time to buy all the starter bundles I already own.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,128

Oooh, this is awesome! Just a quick cleanup for the G8 bundles gives one of the biggest discounts I've seen (there was one for an April Fools that gave a bigger discount)

• MadaMada Posts: 1,865

Awesome - happy to see the improvements starting to flow - this is a great addition. Thanks Rob :)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,999

y3kman said:

Time to buy all the starter bundles I already own.

Just did that too.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,303

All the starter bundles I have tried where I own the full bundle are showing full price for me in the cart. I also tried one of the staff pick bundles where I own almost half the products and the cart price only shows the standard 30% off for being a PC+ member.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited April 2021

There was an issue earlier so the discounts may not be working quite correctly. If you need to check out please open a Sales suport ticket for any discrepancy, Daz will be looking at the issue once Luke gets back from shooting whomp rats.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152

This bundle discounts enhancement seems to be hit or miss.  In some cases, it recognized that I own all or most of the items in the bundle perfectly, other times, it doesn't.  For instance, I own the Landon 8 Pro Bundle so own everything in the Landon 8 Starter Bundle but it tries to charge me 62.97 when put in the cart.  On other Pro Bundle/Starter Bundle, it recognized that I owned everything so showed 0.00 without an issue.  Not sure why it worked on some and not others.

And it isn't just the Daz3d Starter Bundles that are doing this.  As an example of one of many that I found that isn't discounting properly, is the Spacious Interior Bundle. I own all but the "I am on the Phone" poses.  The bundle full bundle price is 57.95, I put it in the cart, and it charges me the full price 57.95 despite owning the other 4 items in the bundle.  Growing Up for Genesis 3 Bundle, I have all the items in the bundle, but it still is charging me the full price (25.95).  The Kids 4 Complete Bundle, I have all the items, but it wants to charge me the discount 26.23.

I've attached screenshots of the issue.

2021-04-22_8-13-43.png
    1341 x 1346 - 1M
    2021-04-22_8-15-42.png
    1683 x 794 - 115K
    2021-04-22_8-34-31.png
    1689 x 780 - 218K
    2021-04-22_8-30-51.png
    1335 x 1329 - 1M
  • Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 140

Thank you! This is a very nice improvement!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

Chatjd said:

This bundle discounts enhancement seems to be hit or miss.  In some cases, it recognized that I own all or most of the items in the bundle perfectly, other times, it doesn't.  For instance, I own the Landon 8 Pro Bundle so own everything in the Landon 8 Starter Bundle but it tries to charge me 62.97 when put in the cart.  On other Pro Bundle/Starter Bundle, it recognized that I owned everything so showed 0.00 without an issue.  Not sure why it worked on some and not others.

And it isn't just the Daz3d Starter Bundles that are doing this.  As an example of one of many that I found that isn't discounting properly, is the Spacious Interior Bundle. I own all but the "I am on the Phone" poses.  The bundle full bundle price is 57.95, I put it in the cart, and it charges me the full price 57.95 despite owning the other 4 items in the bundle.  Growing Up for Genesis 3 Bundle, I have all the items in the bundle, but it still is charging me the full price (25.95).  The Kids 4 Complete Bundle, I have all the items, but it wants to charge me the discount 26.23.

I've attached screenshots of the issue.

Same for me.  

• I think I'll leave it, as it isn't working for me in any useful way at the moment.

None of the discounts show up on the sale page. For most bundles, they do in the cart, but honestly, they're never going to get into the cart if they show the full price on the sale page. I'm one of those old fashioned people who looks at the price on the sale page & thinks that's the price I'm going to pay. And IT SHOULD BE the price I'm going to pay. I really can't be bothered to waste my time to put every item that catches my eye into the cart just to see what price it really is. If the shop wishes me to buy, they need to display the best price they are willing to sell the item to me at. If they don't, I don't buy. Simple. I am not going to dance to the tune a shop chooses to set.

In the case of the Darcy 8 pro bundle, I have 2 of the items, and the discount is showing a whopping $0.00. Not quite an incentive at the moment. I presume this is a glitch. I may check one day to see if it has been corrected.

Regards,

Richard.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,672

Here's a list & screenshot of the Starter Bundles (in no particular order) which ignore the fact that I already own their respective content.

Scar 8, Daisy 8, Valentino 8, Silas 8, Teen Raven 8, Angharad 8, Yuzuru 8, Sahira 8, Dain 8, Honni 8, Kala 8, Landon 8, Christian 8, Jonathan 8, Rynne 8, Nida 8, Leroy 8, Darcy 8

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 7.24.17 AM.png
    682 x 736 - 142K
  • WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

This is a great, Thank You!

While i'm grabbing the starters bundles that i have complete i'm testing other bundles discounts. So far, from today's selection it seems to be working (did not make calculations but i do see additional discount in cart). But outside today's selection, not. For example, staff picks are not working, not even Starter/Pro bundles not included in today's selection (sahira for example)

Question, will this feature be extended outside Daz Originals? I tested with Mesh Grabber Bundle and is not working either, would be cool if it does.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,022
    edited April 2021
    It worked for Starter bundles included in today's "Select Daz Original Bundles" section, allowing me to purchase for $0 (since I had previously bought the content via Pro bundles). This significantly improves my shopping experience when browsing bundles - it's so much cleaner - and is very much appreciated! I was also able to complete two bundles at very reasonable prices, so thank you for that, too.

I hope to see this extended to more bundles in the future. :)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,337

doubledeviant said:

It worked for Starter bundles included in today's "Select Daz Original Bundles" section, allowing me to purchase for $0 (since I had previously bought the content via Pro bundles). This significantly improves my shopping experience when browsing bundles - it's so much cleaner - and is very much appreciated! I was also able to complete two bundles at very reasonable prices, so thank you for that, too.

I hope to see this extended to more bundles in the future. :)

Same experience here, and +1 for the extension. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,956
    edited April 2021
    Suggestion, could this get a pin for a few days at least? Or if the are some kinks being worked out, after that? Just feedback, from the title of the thread I assumed it was another case of someone complaining because they don't know how to apply multiple % reductions and had skipped it until I eventually saw who started the thread. Might help more people to know this is an official thing.
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 572

This doesn't seem to be working with "Return to Treasure Island Bundle" or "Skull Island Bundle." 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

This is a true store improvement. Thank you.

• This is actually quite good. But it does seem to be hit or miss on some things, especiall non DAZ-O bundles, for me. I own all the items, but they they don't show up as free, most do though.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 102859.jpg
    1399 x 886 - 134K
    Screenshot 2021-04-22 102932.jpg
    936 x 898 - 101K
    Screenshot 2021-04-22 102951.jpg
    976 x 409 - 42K
  • Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Finally a way to get all those Starter Bundles that were purchased in Pro Bundles to show as purchased... at least the ones in today's selection, which are mostly older items.

It took me over an hour to get all 148 items into the shopping cart (the store gets extremely sluggish to add or remove anything with that many items in the cart), but it was worth it in the end...

Definitely a step in the right direction.

Screen-Shot-1.jpg
    1742 x 1214 - 142K
    Screen-Shot-2.jpg
    1742 x 1214 - 103K
  • AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289

Out of 83 bundles, the discount is not working for 44 of them. It seems this new feature needs more quality control.

• AbyssalEros said:

Out of 83 bundles, the discount is not working for 44 of them. It seems this new feature needs more quality control.

The original post says "If a bundle discount is enabled for a bundle you will get a discount on the bundle that corresponds to how much of the bundle you already own." Are you sure the feature is meant to be enabled for those 44?