2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited July 2021

certaintree38 said:

Ghosty12 said:

certaintree38 said:

You know, the Daz marketing department is a jerk. 

Anyone with common sense knows that 10 for $10 means you get all ten for $10 total.

But if you mean 10 for $10 EACH, you really ought to say so. 

Please fix the wording if you don't plan to honor the deal as written. 

When I saw it I thought cool I can get 10 items for $10.. Then when I saw it was $10 each, I thought hang on the wording on the sales page said otherwise, a case of dubious advertising.. Because people are thinking that they can get 10 items for $10, when in actuality they are not..

barbult said:

jakiblue said:

Agreed. As it stands now, it's saying you get 10 items for $10 (or $5 for the jewellery). That is EXACTLY what it is saying.  

certaintree38 said:

You know, the Daz marketing department is a jerk. 

Anyone with common sense knows that 10 for $10 means you get all ten for $10 total.

But if you mean 10 for $10 EACH, you really ought to say so. 

Please fix the wording if you don't plan to honor the deal as written. 

They do that every time. It is never true. It is always "each" but they never say it.

Which has me wondering why is it so hard to say each, if that is the intended meaning of the advert..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of marketing strategy. They get you excited over this great deal, make you look at these awesome items so you're reminded that you want them. Then "Surprise! The price is actually higher than what you expected. But you want them right?" And you tell yourself, well maybe I'll just buy a few... 

It's called clickbait.

And they even managed to make PC items a dollar more expensive than usual for PC members during a clearance 'sale'. Without even acknowledging my complaints about it. My last two posts about it were simply completely ignored.

As far as I'm concerned, they are losing customer goodwill this way.

Advertising methods than make customers feel bad will hurt a company over time. (Hey, I worked in advertising for several years.)

Post edited by Sempie on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2021

Clearance unique discount

Daz_0015.JPG
    339 x 545 - 34K
    Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Any news on why secluded living environment goes to an oops page? https://www.daz3d.com/i13-secluded-living-environment

edited July 2021

This product is no longer available for sale but the bundle is still here.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Noah LGP said:

maikdecker said:

Soo.. instead getting these two items for $ 1.99

(image)

the deal allows me to get them for "only" $ 20.00?

(image)

Wow... that's... can't really say what, because it probably would get censored... just keep it at "probably one of the worst deals of the century".

The coupons are designed to lock the price, previously Daz lost money with the unplanned accumulated discounts (for example 30% off added to 50% off which caused a 65% off discount).

Now the price is never lower than the coupon discount.

Funnily enough now - monday morning german time - they seemed to have managed to remove all items from that sale which's price (excluding the PC+ designation) is below $ 5.00. One wonders why DAZ is do to do stuff like that only AFTER customers complained, instead of checking AHEAD if there are some f*ckups.

And from my view and experience these "unplanned accumulated discounts" weren't that "unplanned", but a part of the business concept and lead to a lot more sales of stuff that customers only bought, because they "needed" them to see the price for an other item drop (further).

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

certaintree38 said:

Any news on why secluded living environment goes to an oops page? https://www.daz3d.com/i13-secluded-living-environment

I expect it to be fixed when Daz gets in since it was a 3 day weekend for Utah folks.

Noah LGP said:

Which product?

Cris Palomino said:

Noah LGP said:

Which product?

Ok you answered for i13-secluded-living-environment
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Capture.JPG
    3804 x 1914 - 564K
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 292
    edited July 2021

frank0314 said:

ProFotograf said:

I filed for a request for the 2 duplicate add-ons with the Mega Bundle, and filed it on Friday, actually BEFORE Daz opened its doors in Utah.  And @Cris Palomino contacted them with the issue just after I posted here.  The request for refund contains references to the posts here and in the Commons where I documented everything with screenshots.  I filed those in the Refund Support request.  And so far it hasn't been looked at by anyone at Daz, and I assume it won't be resolved until August at this rate.

But, Daz has always been good at fixing their mess-ups, and handling refunds, especially since I have a very good purchase record with Daz3D, and am a Former Daz PA.

I'll keep checking on my Support Ticket see attachment.

Thanks for your help @Cris

Antonio / Profotograf

Friday was a holiday at Daz. Pioneer Day so noone was in office.

That's good to know!

I made a price adjustment request on the 18th. I got overcharged by $270.  I wanted to use the "$5 for 10 core figures" promo. I had 9 core figures in my account with the DAZDEAL5 coupon on there. I changed my mind on two figures and removed them. Though, when I checked out, the coupon wasn't attached and the two figures I removed were still attached to the order. I got an email saying it would take up to 3-7 business days for the adjustment. Still being processed. But Utah having a state holiday makes sense (only the 5th day, not the 6th).

Post edited by Write Idea on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited July 2021

The coupon code 'DAZHAIRS' is NOT WORKING for me. 

Note: I am a PC+ member if that makes a difference

DAZHAIRS cart.jpg
    1649 x 748 - 132K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on

It's a number five at the end not an S.  "DAZHAIR5"

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited July 2021

Thanks. It is difficult for me to distinguish the 5 in the banner ad.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Thanks. It is difficult for me to distinguish the 5 in the banner ad.

I hear yah.  Enjoy your purchase and happy rendering!

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Is there any update on the missing 'owned' in the required product field? This doesn't seem a very helpful omission for customers and could hit sales. I've only noticed it myself for the first time today, but I can see it has been commented on.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,143

Thanks a lot, DAZ, for the Raven Assassin Outfit freebee!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,431

mding said:

Thanks a lot, DAZ, for the Raven Assassin Outfit freebee!

Yes, thank you very much, that's been on my wishlist for awhile now!  Also nice to see the males getting some freebie love!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

Yeah, thank you for the freebie.

Apart from that unfortunately DAZ seems to really loose connection with their target group IMO.

I shall spend $30 bucks to get 3% off tomorrow? Shall spend $120 bucks to get 12% off on saturday? Gift cards excluded? And that 12% - is it good on Saturday only? Will it be in form of a coupon? Just applied to cart? - I fell for such a "buy $20 or $25 each day"-offer once and was quite disappointed with the end result. So, thank you, but no.

I'm a sucker for Linday and Mousso stuff owning most of their releases. But 20% extra only for buying two staff pick bundles? OK, I have 9 of the 12 available already. And actually I got the stuff from those bundles earlier as single products. With the three remaining bundles I have only a few items left but todays offer does not take into account products already owned so the deal is not attractive at all. So again this deal might appeal to new customers but not to frequent buyers.

Guess I will again add some things to my wishlist but won't purchase anything today.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't resist today's bundle. Won't bother with the streaking discount though, 3% for 30$ is not worth it regradless of how the discount is applied... and just like last time, no new releases.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985

With the Christmas in July sale I must be getting old and senile.. lol smiley  For when I see, ‘Christmas in July’ New Releases Get an EXTRA 20% OFF* when you buy any 2+ Staff Picks Bundles.. I see it as get you get an extra 20% off any of the new items if you buy any 2 and 20% off the staff picks bundles if you buy one.. But it comes out as just being the 20% off the Staff Picks Bundles..

Sale.jpg
    1070 x 514 - 121K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,545

Ghosty12 said:

With the Christmas in July sale I must be getting old and senile.. lol smiley  For when I see, ‘Christmas in July’ New Releases Get an EXTRA 20% OFF* when you buy any 2+ Staff Picks Bundles.. I see it as get you get an extra 20% off any of the new items if you buy any 2 and 20% off the staff picks bundles if you buy one.. But it comes out as just being the 20% off the Staff Picks Bundles..

At least they got the month right this time laugh

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Yeah, thank you for the freebie.

Apart from that unfortunately DAZ seems to really loose connection with their target group IMO.

I shall spend $30 bucks to get 3% off tomorrow? Shall spend $120 bucks to get 12% off on saturday? Gift cards excluded? And that 12% - is it good on Saturday only? Will it be in form of a coupon? Just applied to cart? - I fell for such a "buy $20 or $25 each day"-offer once and was quite disappointed with the end result. So, thank you, but no.

I'm a sucker for Linday and Mousso stuff owning most of their releases. But 20% extra only for buying two staff pick bundles? OK, I have 9 of the 12 available already. And actually I got the stuff from those bundles earlier as single products. With the three remaining bundles I have only a few items left but todays offer does not take into account products already owned so the deal is not attractive at all. So again this deal might appeal to new customers but not to frequent buyers.

Guess I will again add some things to my wishlist but won't purchase anything today.

The small print isn't exactly clear, which is making me wary of it.

"Get an EXTRA 3% OFF* tomorrow when you spend $30+ today."

The asterisk text is : "* Spend includes everything except Gift Cards (including using in-store credit). "
    Regarding "Including using using in-store credit", seeing as its after the "except" does that mean in-store credit isn't included? i.e. If I buy anything using in-store credit I don't get the 3% tomorrow? or is it just someone trying to clarify the matter and making it more confusing i.e. in-store credit counts as spending and is part of the offer, in which case "Spend includes everything except Gift Cards" would have been sufficient?

3% for $30 ... hmmm ... $0.90 discount

• maikdecker said:

Noah LGP said:

maikdecker said:

Soo.. instead getting these two items for $ 1.99

(image)

the deal allows me to get them for "only" $ 20.00?

(image)

Wow... that's... can't really say what, because it probably would get censored... just keep it at "probably one of the worst deals of the century".

The coupons are designed to lock the price, previously Daz lost money with the unplanned accumulated discounts (for example 30% off added to 50% off which caused a 65% off discount).

Now the price is never lower than the coupon discount.

Funnily enough now - monday morning german time - they seemed to have managed to remove all items from that sale which's price (excluding the PC+ designation) is below $ 5.00. One wonders why DAZ is do to do stuff like that only AFTER customers complained, instead of checking AHEAD if there are some f*ckups.

And from my view and experience these "unplanned accumulated discounts" weren't that "unplanned", but a part of the business concept and lead to a lot more sales of stuff that customers only bought, because they "needed" them to see the price for an other item drop (further).

I fully second that. In my case, I eventually bought thousands of items I never wanted or ended up using because they made what I wanted "cheaper". Nowadays, as I see the price much closer related to the actual item, I keep ending up with clearing the cart. Overall, todays price would be actually probably cheaper w.r.t. the items I actually want, but as I now realize how much I really spend on them I almost stopped buying stuff.

• TogireTogire Posts: 402

How do you understand this offer?

Buy Today for EXTRA SAVINGS Tomorrow!

This week only: Get an EXTRA 3% OFF* tomorrow when you spend $30+ today. (Get an EXTRA 3% OFF every day for the rest of the week when you spend $30+ each day through Friday.)

Assume I buy for $30 each day through friday.

1/ will I get 4x3%, and it will last until when (friday, saturday, sunday?)

2/ will I get 3% only for the next day, but the same offer will be proposed through friday.

I seems really ambiguous to me.

If the proper interpretation is 1/, I would suggest "Get a 3% discount from tomorrow until sunday/saturday/friday, when you spend $30 today. The same offer will be proposed everyday through friday and discounts will stack."

If the proper interpretation is 2/, just suppress the sentence in parenthesis that adds confusion.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,545

alainmerigot said:

This week only: Get an EXTRA 3% OFF* tomorrow when you spend $30+ today. (Get an EXTRA 3% OFF every day for the rest of the week when you spend $30+ each day through Friday.)

2/ will I get 3% only for the next day, but the same offer will be proposed through friday.

If the proper interpretation is 1/, I would suggest "Get a 3% discount from tomorrow until sunday/saturday/friday, when you spend $30 today. The same offer will be proposed everyday through friday and discounts will stack."

If the proper interpretation is 2/, just suppress the sentence in parenthesis that adds confusion.

I would go with 2/ 

Ghosty12 said:

I saw discounts on the new release and the staff picks in my cart.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    edited July 2021

PerttiA said:

alainmerigot said:

I would go with 2/ 

The last time they did this (mind you it was actually a better deal with 5% off for spending $25 and they outright confirmed the stacking instead of being vague) they gave the discount in the form of a coupon and then offered a bunch of sales with different coupons. So most of the time, the coupon wasn't worth using. But I did hear that a few people managed to use it during a sale on the last day and got some good deals as a result.  It's like sales roulette, and you'd obviously have to buy quite a bit to make up any spending that you wouldn't have done anyway. Will there be a deal that's worth it? Who knows. Will the selection be good? No idea! 

Post edited by Sera on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

I'll stop complaining as it is not changing anything. Can only say that those kind of offers like with Wolfgang or today are more and more driving me from being a first day purchaser to someone waiting for the 2 month grace period to end and looking for better deals then. Can live with that.

This discussion has been closed.