2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

Cerrag said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I'm unable to download some of the $1.99 purchases I made yesterday.  Neither thru DIM or manually.  When manually trying I get the error ""expired_auth_token".  All but 3 are not downloading so hopefully I'm not the only one.

Edit:  Glad to see it's not just me, and just wanted to get it out there!

We have already reported to it, but it's the weekend so it may take longer to fix.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited October 2021

Cris Palomino said:

vwrangler said:

Not sure if this is the place to mention it, but the Daz download servers seem to be offline. There are a couple different threads with people noting that new purchases can't be downloaded. DIM gives a "Download failed!" message and errors out; manual downloads don't seem to work either. Weird thing is, updated products seem to be downloading just fine. At least mine did, but I couldn't download new purchases at all.

Can we get the items involved with urls to their product pages, please.

Vo Maria  https://www.daz3d.com/vo-maria-for-genesis-81-female. DIm fails and I getthis message when trying Manual dowload:

{
      "code": "expired_auth_token",
      "message": "",
      "status": 401
    }
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317

frank0314 said:

Cerrag said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I'm unable to download some of the $1.99 purchases I made yesterday.  Neither thru DIM or manually.  When manually trying I get the error ""expired_auth_token".  All but 3 are not downloading so hopefully I'm not the only one.

We have already reported to it, but it's the weekend so it may take longer to fix.

Will it be fixed during the weekend - I'm not spending money on things I can't download straightaway. 

• scorpio said:

frank0314 said:

Cerrag said:

Will it be fixed during the weekend - I'm not spending money on things I can't download straightaway. 

Connect works. We will try to at least have a status update for you today.

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

frank0314 said:

Cerrag said:

Not touching Connect with a barge pole. I hope this isn't some push to get us to use connect. 

• scorpio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

frank0314 said:

Cerrag said:

Not touching Connect with a barge pole. I hope this isn't some push to get us to use connect. 

No, I'm pretty sure it'a server issue (all the zip downloads coem from the same source, Daz Connect uses another since it requires the files separately rather than zipped).

• Richard Haseltine said:

This is incorrect. I'm using Connect and many things do not download through Connect either. 

• mike.smith2005 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

This is incorrect. I'm using Connect and many things do not download through Connect either. 

OK, I installed a number of things from a big order last night without issues - but I managed to download a bout three-quarters of the zips too, so maybe I was just lucky (it does seem to vary).

• RakkerRakker Posts: 37

The same error here with my latest orders chosing manual download

{
      "code": "expired_auth_token",
      "message": "",
      "status": 401
    }

hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Readme missing for https://www.daz3d.com/betty-stained-glass-mirrors

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-gala-dress-for-genesis-8-females is not marked as new on the main store page.

Is pricing correct for https://www.daz3d.com/old-library ? It's a PC+ for $16.47, which is only 59% off?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912

Ati said:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-gala-dress-for-genesis-8-females is not marked as new on the main store page.

Is pricing correct for https://www.daz3d.com/old-library ? It's a PC+ for $16.47, which is only 59% off?

seems to be similar to the Restaurant Crime Scene in detail so probably 

• GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562

BYOB not working.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Galaxy said:

BYOB not working.

Reporting

• Will we be able to download our purchases during the weekend? I think there really should be a statement, sunday or not. The whole sale doesn't make any sense if I can't download what I'm buying. I already bought stuff yesterday morning and still wait for it like many other members here. This is not how you treat your members and paying customers.

FantastArt said:

Will we be able to download our purchases during the weekend? I think there really should be a statement, sunday or not. The whole sale doesn't make any sense if I can't download what I'm buying. I already bought stuff yesterday morning and still wait for it like many other members here. This is not how you treat your members and paying customers.

I just tested and see DIM is still failing and have reported it again.

Ati said:

Will report the readme. The Library is like the Crime Scene, special offers exclusive only to PC+ members.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2021

FantastArt said:

Will we be able to download our purchases during the weekend? I think there really should be a statement, sunday or not. The whole sale doesn't make any sense if I can't download what I'm buying. I already bought stuff yesterday morning and still wait for it like many other members here. This is not how you treat your members and paying customers.

Completely agree, and well it is keeping my wallet safe as I am not wanting to buy anymore products if I can get access to them..  And the irony of all this is another promotion is happening, which is sort of moot if folks can't download what they bought..

This is only some but when trying to download these products zip files via browser I get this error.. The interesting thing is that they are also the ones that DiM refuses to download at the moment..

code    "expired_auth_token"
    message    ""
    status    401

https://www.daz3d.com/small-type-salon
    https://www.daz3d.com/dressup-collection-outfits-and-poses-for-genesis-8-female
    https://www.daz3d.com/iselfie-phone-prop-and-poses-for-genesis-8-female

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Your 8 for $2.99 sale is not working. I'm a PC+ member

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    edited October 2021

FantastArt said:

Agree. If banking systems go down on the weekend, those responsible for fixing it are called in. I am really disappointed in how long it's taking, and how little we are kept informed.

Let me be clear I don't blame forum moderation staff. They have done all they can.

But those higher up, why haven't they issued a statement acknowledging the issue? Put a notice on the top of the website saying it's being worked on. Utilize Daz3D Twitter to announce an ETA. Literally anything is better than radio silence. Instead I'm left wondering if those responsible for fixing it are even aware of the issue yet.

Post edited by ironclawxii on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059

If banking systems go down on the weekend, those responsible for fixing it are called in.

Who says they haven’t been? It might not be that simple to fix.
    Also it’s always funny to see people comparing small companies like Daz with industries with billions in budget and much higher constraints in terms of reliability. Banking systems not working could have some severe real world consequences very quickly. Not being able to download Daz products for a few hours, not so much.

Leana said:

If banking systems go down on the weekend, those responsible for fixing it are called in.

Also it’s always funny to see people comparing small companies like Daz with industries with billions in budget and much higher constraints in terms of reliability. Banking systems not working could have some severe real world consequences very quickly. Not being able to download Daz products for a few hours, not so much.

Who says they have. The silence from Daz is deafening, if they are on the case then why not post a message, the lack of communication is bound to lead to customers thinking that nothing is being done. And although I understand not being able to download Daz purchases isn't going to effect anything globally, its going to effect the PA's incomes. Also dismissing peoples concerns isn't going to help either.

scorpio said:

Leana said:

Who says they have. The silence from Daz is deafening, if they are on the case then why not post a message, the lack of communication is bound to lead to customers thinking that nothing is being done. And although I understand not being able to download Daz purchases isn't going to effect anything globally, its going to effect the PA's incomes. Also dismissing peoples concerns isn't going to help either.

I don't see that concerns have been dismissed. They have been forwarded to Daz. They are working on it.

• Cris Palomino said:

scorpio said:

Leana said:

I don't see that concerns have been dismissed. They have been forwarded to Daz. They are working on it.

Cris, I really appreciate the effort you and your fellow moderators are putting in to keep things running. BUT, after two days of outage on the content delivery system, I would expect at least a short statement of some OFFICIAL Daz guy on that. Daz is not a mom&dad shop with > 60 employees (according to their statements on the Daz home page), so a little more professioanlism from the company would be highly appreciated.

Last time this happened, Daz_Rawb started a tread keeping us posted about the issue, esp. a rough estimate when we may see the service up again.

Cris Palomino said:

scorpio said:

Leana said:

I felt the post I quoted was being a bit dismissive, almost to the point of putting people down for daring to complain. 

• Leana said:

Yeah ok, the banking analogy was misplaced. My bad.

But it's not been just a few hours for me. It's been all day and the evening before. When I see the site being updated with new products and sales, I wonder why a statement on this persisting issue is not also included. That's all.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Cris Palomino said:

Cris, I really appreciate the effort you and your fellow moderators are putting in to keep things running. BUT, after two days of outage on the content delivery system, I would expect at least a short statement of some OFFICIAL Daz guy on that. Daz is not a mom&dad shop with > 60 employees (according to their statements on the Daz home page), so a little more professioanlism from the company would be highly appreciated.

Last time this happened, Daz_Rawb started a tread keeping us posted about the issue, esp. a rough estimate when we may see the service up again.

Considering we have 2021 and a company here, which decided to do their business over the internet, the fact that we don't even have a "real" business homepage, on which official representatives deliver us the news and/or post informations in case of shop malfunctions or in case problems with deals or products happen, this in fact really throws a really dim light on DAZ.

Deals that don't work properly when the "DAZ Day" starts at midnight - splendid to have the shop turnover outside of office hours - or are "repaired" by changing the wording of the offer and the resolve for technical problems - like this shop malfunction - aren't really a motivation too spend too much money here.

I really wonder what PAs think of all this, as it's their sale numbers that might get lowered by this business policy?!?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059
    edited October 2021

ironclawxii said:

Leana said:

Yeah ok, the banking analogy was misplaced. My bad.

But it's not been just a few hours for me. It's been all day and the evening before. When I see the site being updated with new products and sales, I wonder why a statement on this persisting issue is not also included. That's all.

I get it, it's pretty frustrating that it still doesn't work. I certainly hope it will be fixed quickly, I have new products to dowload too.

As for the site update with new products, that's most probably automated.

And for the record, I agree that it would be a good idea to setup a message warning about the issue, for example as a banner since they appear on all pages.

Post edited by Leana on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,400

I just checked the blog, there's no statement there either. I don't mind the technical problem so much - things happen, right, and just need to be fixed - but I do agree that it's really irritating to be left out in the rain like this, with no official word. If I planned to spend the weekend DAZing, what am I going to do now? Keep on waiting and hoping, or call it a day? That's deeply unpleasant, especially if you've been working real hard the whole week, looking forward to the weekend. The store silence also makes me feel like I'm more of a nuisance than a customer with valid interests.

I feel sorry for everyone who has a pressing project right now and is in need of the downloads - and also very VERY sorry for the mods who have to spend their weekend like this. Hope things will work out real soon!

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    barbult said:

Daz advertisements for PC+ for a day are still promoting offers that are not real. Both of these have already been reported by customers in this thread, but the errors have not been corrected. These are the same old advertising inaccuracies that persisted on the old store. They are just as persistent now in the new store.

• There are 163 items in PC+ for a day, not the "Over 200" as advertised.
    • Products are promoted in the carousel that are not included in the sale.
    TO EVERYONE

If you missed out on some of the items from last weeks "Plat for a Day" catch up sale, Daz seems to have corrected things and everything seems to be in there THIS time.

So pick em up before the store does something weird again!

tsarist said:

barbult said:

Daz advertisements for PC+ for a day are still promoting offers that are not real. Both of these have already been reported by customers in this thread, but the errors have not been corrected. These are the same old advertising inaccuracies that persisted on the old store. They are just as persistent now in the new store.

• There are 163 items in PC+ for a day, not the "Over 200" as advertised.
    • Products are promoted in the carousel that are not included in the sale.
    TO EVERYONE

If you missed out on some of the items from last weeks "Plat for a Day" catch up sale, Daz seems to have corrected things and everything seems to be in there THIS time.

So pick em up before the store does something weird again!

Yea but you can't download them and there seems to be no idea if or when that will be fixed. 

I've spent my money elswhere and have my purchases downloaded and installed ready to use. Its the middle of the afternoon here in the UK i only have the weekends really to render so not wasting my money on a company that don't appear to value it. Sorry PAs yet again you lose out.

This discussion has been closed.