2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,399
    edited October 2021

Daz_Jessica said:

I'm sorry for the furstration you all are feeling.  We've been actively investigating, however because it's not impacting all customers it's been difficult to trace.  This problem is being actively worked on and we expect resolution soon.  Thank you for your patience.

It's good to hear from you guys. Best of luck for solving the issue! 

Edit: Tried a manual download just now for the umpteenth time, and it seems to be working again! 

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • cher21cher21 Posts: 54

Chakradude said:

I just downloaded and installed many products. Is this issue only with newly purchased products?

I was going to get a few $1.99ers.

I just logged into DIM, tested the newest downloads on my list. All downloaded fine. Note that I haven't been able to download at all the past day, got the same message as several other people. Other than a slight lag, the ones I chose downloaded just fine. I would think you would be fine going ahead with your purchase. And thank you for the head's up!

• This has been resolved!  You should be able to download to without issue. The problem was caused by a recent server migration and has not only been solved for this issue but also for the future.  

Thank you for your patience.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,399

Yep DIM downloads working here as well. Phew!!

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Hi all,

Like in any relationship, lack of communication is detrimental for said relationship. Being pro active gives the costumer the sense that the company cares and value their (our) opinion and their (our) contributions. I, like many others, can't download anything since Saturday, now Monday (yes, 38.5 hours can feel like 3 days depending when you first experience the issue). I did manage to download one asset yesterday, but that was it.

I understand the closing of duplicate threads, but I think it will be helpful to provide a link at the end of the closed thread to a pinned thread that captures everyones opinions/frustrations.

Is there anything we as costumers can do to help discard possible causes, like a process of elimination? Like OS, DIM version, assets that won't download, etc?

Also... and not meant to be rude or divisive, I genuinly don't get the argument "I was gonna buy x, but won't 'cause I can't use it"... Do you mean you were planning on using it only during this weekend and never again? Is not like the problem is gonna stay forever and worst case scenario, refund. I've purchased things from months ago I haven't used or tested yet, and I'm sure hell I'm not the only one. So I guess that argument comes out of frustration and not logic... You are missing some good sales friends.  <--- Having said that i can understand if you do commissions and promised delivery pending on assets you were hoping to get (that's suck). Or if you are just holding giving money away as a sign of protest, then go for it, your money your rules.

I impatiently waiting on some of the downloads as I wanted to do some renders right away with them. In the mean time I'm setting up the scene. 

Anyways, hope this get resolved sooner rather than later.

Have a nice day all.

Cheers.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

N00b4Ever said:

Hi all,

Like in any relationship, lack of communication is detrimental for said relationship. Being pro active gives the costumer the sense that the company cares and value their (our) opinion and their (our) contributions. I, like many others, can't download anything since Saturday, now Monday (yes, 38.5 hours can feel like 3 days depending when you first experience the issue). I did manage to download one asset yesterday, but that was it.

I understand the closing of duplicate threads, but I think it will be helpful to provide a link at the end of the closed thread to a pinned thread that captures everyones opinions/frustrations.

Is there anything we as costumers can do to help discard possible causes, like a process of elimination? Like OS, DIM version, assets that won't download, etc?

Also... and not meant to be rude or divisive, I genuinly don't get the argument "I was gonna buy x, but won't 'cause I can't use it"... Do you mean you were planning on using it only during this weekend and never again? Is not like the problem is gonna stay forever and worst case scenario, refund. I've purchased things from months ago I haven't used or tested yet, and I'm sure hell I'm not the only one. So I guess that argument comes out of frustration and not logic... You are missing some good sales friends.  <--- Having said that i can understand if you do commissions and promised delivery pending on assets you were hoping to get (that's suck). Or if you are just holding giving money away as a sign of protest, then go for it, your money your rules.

I impatiently waiting on some of the downloads as I wanted to do some renders right away with them. In the mean time I'm setting up the scene. 

Anyways, hope this get resolved sooner rather than later.

Have a nice day all.

Cheers.

I can see I'm very slow at writting posts...  cheeky

Can confirm downloading now.

Thanks all.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,907

so the Old Library  doesn't count as a stll new for select Genesis 2 items for $2.99 ecah?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

WendyLuvsCatz said:

so the Old Library  doesn't count as a stll new for select Genesis 2 items for $2.99 ecah?

Will send an inquiry though technically, it was never a debut item so also can't be still new either.

Cris Palomino said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Will send an inquiry though technically, it was never a debut item so also can't be still new either.

yeah pity I bought every other cheap still new already laugh especially as I have not downloaded them yet either thanks to the glitches

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070

@Cris Palomino  - apologies for taking this route -

Some notes that might help with th DIM issue: I'm in the process of configuring a new laptop; I can get to MalwareBytes and download the setup exe - but it cannot connect to wherever the real executable lives. Also, I tried to upgrade to windows 10 pro - I got to MS, entered a product key, validated - and the process could not connect to start the download.

But I can get here, to YouTube, DeviantArt, and many other sites.

And, of course, DIM cannot authenticate me.

It looks like there's an intermediate site with bunged routing - I hope the two I mentioned above can help the people working on the problem.

Tom

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Readme is missing for https://www.daz3d.com/halloween-porch

edited October 2021

I could download my stuff from yesterday finally at least yes

... and went ahead and bought the library anyway,

the G2F stuff was only things in my wishlist because I had free textures, nothing I particulary needed or wanted so saves me not buying them even at 2.99 cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

namffuak said:

@Cris Palomino  - apologies for taking this route -

Some notes that might help with th DIM issue: I'm in the process of configuring a new laptop; I can get to MalwareBytes and download the setup exe - but it cannot connect to wherever the real executable lives. Also, I tried to upgrade to windows 10 pro - I got to MS, entered a product key, validated - and the process could not connect to start the download.

But I can get here, to YouTube, DeviantArt, and many other sites.

And, of course, DIM cannot authenticate me.

It looks like there's an intermediate site with bunged routing - I hope the two I mentioned above can help the people working on the problem.

Tom

I had meant to ask you if you put a ticket in with this information?

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439
    edited October 2021

"Get up to 24% off a Gift Card"

The best I can manage is 23.59% off, with Daz rounding it up to say that it's 24%, when it actually isn't.

This constant feeling that I'm being nickle and dimed in every corner of the store isn't nice.

Post edited by ecks201 on
  • "Get up to 24% off a Gift Card"

The best I can manage is 23.59% off, with Daz rounding it up to say that it's 24%, when it actually isn't.

This constant feeling that I'm being nickle and dimed in every corner of the store isn't nice.

I don't think this is misleading, intentionally or otherwise. They were left with a fractional discount: 15% + an additional 10% (meaning 10% of the remaining 85%, or 8.5%) = 23.5%.  For advertising purposes they rounded up to 24%. Not unreasonable. They told you exactly how the discount was derived. I have seen others comment on unexpected rounding in their purchases, which I can't comment on. But in this case nothing appeared to be  hidden or disguised with the intent to deceive.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited October 2021

Aftermath Deulletto and Saba'a Alkair Poses are not being discounted in the BYOB

Post edited by azoohouse on
  • ecks201 said:

Same here and agreed.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited October 2021

The 'Build Your Own Bundle' is not working for me.

Most of the items in my cart are for the older stand alone figures Ichiro and Koshini.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

bb01 build own bundle not working 2.jpg
    845 x 456 - 46K
    bb01 build own bundle not working.jpg
    840 x 967 - 99K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited October 2021

Diomede said:

The 'Build Your Own Bundle' is not working for me.

Most of the items in my cart are for the older stand alone figures Ichiro and Koshini.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

+1, 8 items in the cart not discounting to the 2.99 total.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Reporting the BYOB sale, thank you.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

wwtravis said:

I don't think this is misleading, intentionally or otherwise. They were left with a fractional discount: 15% + an additional 10% (meaning 10% of the remaining 85%, or 8.5%) = 23.5%.  For advertising purposes they rounded up to 24%. Not unreasonable. They told you exactly how the discount was derived. I have seen others comment on unexpected rounding in their purchases, which I can't comment on. But in this case nothing appeared to be  hidden or disguised with the intent to deceive.

Have to agree here, this is being pedantic. The stacking of discounts is informed.

edited October 2021

The email I received today is titled correctly (Giftcard Sale! + Build Your School Scene!) but shows yesterday's sales content (Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 Blowout!)

2021-10-12.jpg
    1006 x 976 - 229K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • The BYOB is now working, but the refresh seems to have changed the items included so I'm afraid it probably isn't going to help your existing carts.

Richard Haseltine said:

The BYOB is now working, but the refresh seems to have changed the items included so I'm afraid it probably isn't going to help your existing carts.

Thanks Richard, as ever, appreciate your help. 

• wwtravis said:

There's no good reason Daz can't do 24% when they say 24%. If it's not intentional, they can change it. If they don't, it's because they don't want to since the rounding ends up in their favor.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

vagans said:

wwtravis said:

Have to agree here, this is being pedantic. The stacking of discounts is informed.

It's not the stacking of discounts.
    It's the claim, they are claiming "24% off" when it is totally impossible to achieve 24% off.
    Say "Get over 23% off a Gift Card" and you can use the exact same maths and put a truthful statement on the website.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,269

azoohouse said:

Aftermath Deulletto and Saba'a Alkair Poses are not being discounted in the BYOB

They are in the "Classic Genesis 3 Daz Originals" for $4.99 (with Debut or Still New), which most likely gets priority.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Richard Haseltine said:

The BYOB is now working, but the refresh seems to have changed the items included so I'm afraid it probably isn't going to help your existing carts.

Thanks, always appreciate your help, Richard and mods.  I cleared my cart to start over anyway.  Pretty easy to find the Ichiro and Koshini items anyway.  smiley

• ecks201 said:

vagans said:

wwtravis said:

It's not the stacking of discounts.
    It's the claim, they are claiming "24% off" when it is totally impossible to achieve 24% off.
    Say "Get over 23% off a Gift Card" and you can use the exact same maths and put a truthful statement on the website.

Well, "Get over 23% off..." could itself  be considered misleading, since there is a particular set of conditions required to get that >23% discount, else you get a much lower discount. Then we'd see folks complaining about that!  Saying 'up to x% off' automatically implies (correctly) that this is a conditional offer. DAZ doesn't always get the English right in their ad copy, but this one reads OK.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

So, I'm not sure if this is related to the recent issues as detailed earlier, but a huge chunk of the DAZ store catalog is broken from the filters. For instance, filtering for DAZ Original and G3F only gives me *three to four* pages of content. Using alternate browsers with no plugins reproduces the same result.

However, it seems like each of the products still exists and filtering for the specific artist shows more products, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

This discussion has been closed.