2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• I found out the servers were down the hard way, after I bought something. Fortunately, I bought Addy Hazel because she was pretty. Don't really need her. But that's $14 out of my pocket with nothing to show for it.

The big problem I see is the lack of communication, and what that implies.

Saying "The problem has been reported" is not good enough. DAZ states its hours of operation are M-F. That implies no one is in the office to see the reports, much less act on them. Closing the threads, instead of letting us get off steam, implies "The problem has been reported and we don't care." Perhaps DAZ is working feverishly to fix the problems. But we'd like to know. Instead, the silence is just going to make us more frustrated and angry. That will mean those of us who have bought something during this crash will start demanding refunds.

I may not need Hazel, but I can use that money elsewhere, such as Burger King.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I just purchased items and found out about the issue after I couldn't download the items. For a known issue that has been going on for what looks like 2 days there seems to be little being done to aleviate peoples concerns and simply locking threads and saying "We have notified daz" is doing more to inflame the issue rather than helping.

• We have had an acknowledgement of our report, and been told that it has been passed on to the web team - obviously they haven't yet managed to resolve the issue, and we apologise for the lack of news, but it isn't the case that people are saying "we'll fix it on Monday."

We are closing threads because they are plural, and multiple, so we don't want to swamp all the other topics with discussions thata re not going to bear any kind of resolution - if the web team get back to us and say they need more examples we will of course unlock the main thread for further comments but at the moment I suspect theyhave everything they need.

Connect is mostly working for me (I had ten failed zips out of a batch of about forty, over thirty products, in DIM but only two that look to have failed in Connect) but I realise that not all users are willing to try Connect, even as a stop-gap pending a proper fix for Zip downloads.

Richard Haseltine said:

We have had an acknowledgement of our report, and been told that it has been passed on to the web team - obviously they haven't yet managed to resolve the issue, and we apologise for the lack of news, but it isn't the case that people are saying "we'll fix it on Monday."

We are closing threads because they are plural, and multiple, so we don't want to swamp all the other topics with discussions thata re not going to bear any kind of resolution - if the web team get back to us and say they need more examples we will of course unlock the main thread for further comments but at the moment I suspect theyhave everything they need.

Connect is mostly working for me (I had ten failed zips out of a batch of about forty, over thirty products, in DIM but only two that look to have failed in Connect) but I realise that not all users are willing to try Connect, even as a stop-gap pending a proper fix for Zip downloads.

The problem is that no one is passing on the info until people start getting upset, there should be a lot more open communication when it comes to issues like this. By remaining tight lipped and not posting here or on social media that there is an issue and it is being addressed makes it feel that it isn't important and that upsets people.

Those of us that don't use connect shouldn't hve to 'try it'  just to download items we have pruchased. My content library has been customized extensively and connect wouldn't instal the files to the locations I have set up.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241

Probably a forum post with a sticky would help, and let people say "me too" in it... why not?  

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited October 2021
    twalling said:

Probably a forum post with a sticky would help, and let people say "me too" in it... why not?  

100 percent. I would not have dropped money on Sat morning knowing I can't even use the stuff. Well played daz, well played.
    Post edited by JeremyD on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059

twalling said:

There are dozens of threads about it in the forums and still some people manage to miss the fact that there’s a problem. I’m not sure a sticky thread would really change much.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,400

Richard Haseltine said:

We have had an acknowledgement of our report, and been told that it has been passed on to the web team - obviously they haven't yet managed to resolve the issue, and we apologise for the lack of news, but it isn't the case that people are saying "we'll fix it on Monday."

Thanks for being a little more concrete, that helps with the frustration :-). But please don't go on closing down all the threads in which the subject is mentioned! I understand that from your point of view, they don't make much sense because they're not contributing to any sort of resolution. But it's not actually the customer's job to find solutions, is it? So why should threads be terminated because of that? Everyone is just confused and frustrated, and naturally, people want to congregate and exchange their experiences and also loose some steam. I don't see any harm in that, quite the contrary. The technical problems are not influenced by whether people talk about them or not, but it makes the people feel a little better, a little less helpless. So let us talk, please.

Leana said:

twalling said:

There are dozens of threads about it in the forums and still some people manage to miss the fact that there’s a problem. I’m not sure a sticky thread would really change much.

The only problem with that is that not everyone comes to the forums to see if there is a problem prior to making a purchase. 

shadowhawk1 said:

Leana said:

twalling said:

The only problem with that is that not everyone comes to the forums to see if there is a problem prior to making a purchase. 

Well yes, but a sticky thread in the forums wouldn’t help with that either. The most visible option would probably be an orange banner since they appear on all pages.

tsroemi said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks for being a little more concrete, that helps with the frustration :-). But please don't go on closing down all the threads in which the subject is mentioned! I understand that from your point of view, they don't make much sense because they're not contributing to any sort of resolution. But it's not actually the customer's job to find solutions, is it? So why should threads be terminated because of that? Everyone is just confused and frustrated, and naturally, people want to congregate and exchange their experiences and also loose some steam. I don't see any harm in that, quite the contrary. The technical problems are not influenced by whether people talk about them or not, but it makes the people feel a little better, a little less helpless. So let us talk, please.

The idea behind closing most threads is to point people to the main thread where updates about the problem will be posted. If customers stay in their own thread they might miss those.

Leana said:

shadowhawk1 said:

Leana said:

twalling said:

Well yes, but a sticky thread in the forums wouldn’t help with that either. The most visible option would probably be an orange banner since they appear on all pages.

I agree, putting a notification in the forun, sticky or not wouldn't help the issue. However, placing a banner on the front page of the store would be the best way to let people know there is an issue.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Leana said:

If banking systems go down on the weekend, those responsible for fixing it are called in.

Who says they haven’t been? It might not be that simple to fix.
    Also it’s always funny to see people comparing small companies like Daz with industries with billions in budget and much higher constraints in terms of reliability. Banking systems not working could have some severe real world consequences very quickly. Not being able to download Daz products for a few hours, not so much.

I agree, Daz is a very small company and can't be compared to large corporations. However, is it really too much to ask that when selling digital products, one have a store that works on the weekends, regardless of whether anyone is in the office or not? After all, they have no problem SELLING on the weekends. I am patiently waiting because all I've got is time, but I do understand some of the frustration, especially for people that use Daz assets for a living and have deadlines. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

AllenArt said:

Leana said:

If banking systems go down on the weekend, those responsible for fixing it are called in.

Who says they haven’t been? It might not be that simple to fix.
    Also it’s always funny to see people comparing small companies like Daz with industries with billions in budget and much higher constraints in terms of reliability. Banking systems not working could have some severe real world consequences very quickly. Not being able to download Daz products for a few hours, not so much.

I agree, Daz is a very small company and can't be compared to large corporations. However, is it really too much to ask that when selling digital products, one have a store that works on the weekends, regardless of whether anyone is in the office or not? After all, they have no problem SELLING on the weekends. I am patiently waiting because all I've got is time, but I do understand some of the frustration, especially for people that use Daz assets for a living and have deadlines. 

Yeah, I spent less than $7 yesterday and still can't download what I bought. Frustrating, but I'm just a hobbyist; I can wait. Daz is trying to sell multi-thousand dollar Enterprise licenses now. If I were a company that just spent $24,000 (plus setup fee), and couldn't access the assets, I'd be pretty unhappy with Daz. I have no idea how Enterprise license holders access Daz product asset files, but I hope they are not caught in this same pickle.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985

Seeing more and more threads appearing in the main commons section about this.. I think that folks are starting to get a little fed up..

• I have commissions due and I'm not especially happy about this, but it looks like I'm able to install stuff through Smart Content in Daz itself. It's taking a while, but it's an option for now, it seems.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2021

LongRedDog said:

I have commissions due and I'm not especially happy about this, but it looks like I'm able to install stuff through Smart Content in Daz itself. It's taking a while, but it's an option for now, it seems.

The problem with going that way, is that I don't think you can tell Daz where to install it to unlike DiM or downloading via web browser..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Ghosty12 said:

LongRedDog said:

I have commissions due and I'm not especially happy about this, but it looks like I'm able to install stuff through Smart Content in Daz itself. It's taking a while, but it's an option for now, it seems.

The problem with going that way, is that I don't think you can tell Daz when to install it to unlike DiM or downloading via web browser..

Yes, that's true. sad

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited October 2021

I think I'm going to stick to the instant gratification mindset and ignore any sales until it's fixed. Ain't no point in getting any new shinies unless I can't poke at them right after purchase. ;]

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,911

PixelSploiting said:

I think I'm going to stick to the instant gratification mindset and ignore any sales until it's fixed. Ain't  no point in getting any new shinies unless I can't poke at them right after purchase. ;]

you can download the Thumbnails cheeky 

• Ghosty12 said:

LongRedDog said:

The problem with going that way, is that I don't think you can tell Daz where to install it to unlike DiM or downloading via web browser..

Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Prefrences on a Mac), go to the Content tab, click Content Directory Manager. You can then select the current Daz Connect data directory and click the Edit button on the left to change it. If you have previously installed through Connect either move the folders from the old location to the new or let DS add the old location as a regular content directory when it asks.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Ghosty12 said:

LongRedDog said:

Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Prefrences on a Mac), go to the Content tab, click Content Directory Manager. You can then select the current Daz Connect data directory and click the Edit button on the left to change it. If you have previously installed through Connect either move the folders from the old location to the new or let DS add the old location as a regular content directory when it asks.

Thank you!

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Ah phew, it's not just me. laugh

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

It would have been nice if I knew that there were download issues before I bought stuff

edited October 2021

Leana said:

tsroemi said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The idea behind closing most threads is to point people to the main thread where updates about the problem will be posted. If customers stay in their own thread they might miss those.

I understand that, but threads have actually been closed giving the reason that the posts in them were not helpful in the current situation; which is just not the responsibility of customers I think. Also, people need a place to speak their minds when problems like this occur. It's natural to want to hook up with others in the same boat. And the lack of communication by DAZ officials is really not helping matters.

Maybe they're desperately trying to get to the source of the server problems. I feel everyone here would sympathize - if they would just let us know!

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

Perhaps, rather than closing the other threads, they can merge them into one place.  Then nobody's posts would be lost and everyone would get the information in one thread.

Dana

DanaTA said:

Perhaps, rather than closing the other threads, they can merge them into one place.  Then nobody's posts would be lost and everyone would get the information in one thread.

Dana

Good idea I think! But meanwhile another thread has been closed down ... 

• I just downloaded and installed many products. Is this issue only with newly purchased products?

I was going to get a few $1.99ers.

• I'm sorry for the furstration you all are feeling.  We've been actively investigating, however because it's not impacting all customers it's been difficult to trace.  This problem is being actively worked on and we expect resolution soon.  Thank you for your patience.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Mine is currently working, where it was not all last night.

This discussion has been closed.