RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
edited February 2015 in The Commons

Ooh la la! Lookie what I found! ;)

Ma Belle Poses for Monique 6

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

Wow, sounds exciting! Lets guess how she´s gonna look. I think she could be a bit curvy, spanish/portugese looking beauty!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Wow, sounds exciting! Lets guess how she´s gonna look. I think she could be a bit curvy, spanish/portugese looking beauty!

That would be great. The main Ethnic DO's have always been an Asian, African, and Native trio, always leaving me to wonder why the more Metaterranian and Middle Eastern races are excluded. Granted Gen 4 had a few nice-looking Elite skins like Natasha and Ariana, but they were over-shadowed by the more notable ones like the ones in the V4 & M4 Elite Bundles.
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping for an African couple this time!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

Monique is a French name as far as I know, and 'ma belle' is French for 'my beautiful'.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

I am going for Black or perhaps mixed race or Cajun? Or perhaps all 3.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Monique sounds intriguing. I will be on the look for any traces of her ;).

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

dclane said:
    Monique is a French name as far as I know, and 'ma belle' is French for 'my beautiful'.

Yeah, I was going to say... 'Monique' is far more suggestive of someone French/aristocratic and, therefore, typically white/Northern European.

Judging by past efforts, I'm guessing she's another Victoria-alike, as Olympia and Lilith were.

edited December 1969

dclane said:

Yeah, I was going to say... 'Monique' is far more suggestive of someone French/aristocratic and, therefore, typically white/Northern European.

Judging by past efforts, I'm guessing she's another Victoria-alike, as Olympia and Lilith were.

Olympia isn't like Victoria. She is far more realistic and un-idealised, it's her NATURAL beauty that makes her appealing. Look at her and see the proper portions of fat under her skin.

I would like a character that stands out like Olympia does.

edited December 1969

Ehhh... She looked highly similar, IMO. Some slight differences, but not really enough to justify her as an entirely new character. V6 could essentially be morphed into Olympia and Lilith, if you had the time to do so.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

dclane said:

Olympia isn't like Victoria. She is far more realistic and un-idealised, it's her NATURAL beauty that makes her appealing. Look at her and see the proper portions of fat under her skin.

I agree. I immediately thought of Olympia when somebody upthread said 'curvy'. She is a lot more real-looking than the rest of the Daz girls and just as beautiful, if not more. At least she wasn't labelled 'The Freak' just because she's got a bit more meat on her.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 2014

dclane said:
    dclane said:

I agree. I immediately thought of Olympia when somebody upthread said 'curvy'. She is a lot more real-looking than the rest of the Daz girls and just as beautiful, if not more. At least she wasn't labelled 'The Freak' just because she's got a bit more meat on her.same same.
    Wow, sounds exciting! Lets guess how she´s gonna look. I think she could be a bit curvy, spanish/portugese looking beauty! considering the last ever produced was an Elite V4 skin texture "Natasha", I would not hold your breath. Unless your into making figures yourself, as I just don't have that kind of skill.

So perhaps more human then Barby, and whom cares about the color. There is always "Amazing Skins", and "Skin Builder".

Or perhaps, just possibly, french doll. Akin to porcelain dolls. So in the end, the name dose not give much away.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Where are the non creature males? :(

edited December 1969

Agreed. So many new releases have been female. Would like to see a new male figure.

edited December 1969

Agreed. So many new releases have been female. Would like to see a new male figure.
    hmm, being guilty of not having a G2M aside from the Christmas elf bundle (partly). Lee6, Gianni 6, michael 6. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

David is probably limited now, unless an agreement can be reached over the other "David 8", lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJs7uluwlU
    Even more funny from a Daz Studio Figure perspective. lol.

edited December 1969

I render my share of both genders, however white women are quite popular and perhaps largely the staple figure sold here at DAZ 3d's online store. Not a problem, everyone likes what they like, just not something I'm in the market or need really, unless there are some different morphs and textures included. I have bought numerous white female models and my runtime is full.

I do however not have enough Black or Darker skinned non-white female figures, and so that would be a welcome addition.

On the male side, Gen 2 males are significantly behind in numbers, and most new releases I do buy if they are well-done.

edited December 1969

Sorel said:

Over at FW Art's store. :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited December 1969

Given that we've now had two Asian-specific Gen 6 figures with Lee and Mei-Lin, it would be nice to see finally see some new African figures, though I have to wonder how well they would sell. The last time anyone tried was Kelvin and Olivia for the Smith Micro G2 series, though I do still see Kelvin used quite a bit.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Sorel said:

Over at FW Art's store. :)

I have all those qq

edited December 1969

It would be interesting if Monique was something totally unexpected. Such as a new feline to replace Mil cat =-)

edited December 2014

SereneNight, I am more guilty of not having much beyond David5 and Michael 5. so even when I try joint gender renders, i tend to just shelve them for later mostly. As for darker, again I just can't stress the "How long has it been" factor enough, aside from Xenomorphine's comment. Yes PA's have made a few non-white figures for the Base-6 ones. So it is probably other factors Like what I ran into trying to turn a 6ft tall G2F into a 5'6" figure properly proportioned. The cloth polygons turn into pretzels around the shortened parts. Just one issue I ran into trying.

Xenomorphine Allot of them being the only reason for me considering Michael 6, otherwise It would be just Lee 6 pro and Gianni 6 pro for my potential gen 6 lineup.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

It would be interesting if Monique was something totally unexpected. Such as a new feline to replace Mil cat =-)

That's too convoluted, even for DAZ. If we ever see a new cat or dog figure, it'll probably be just DAZ Cat 2 and DAZ Dog 2 to match the naming structure of the other critters.

Still waiting on the DAZ Ferret. ;(

edited December 1969

DAZ HAGFISH/LAMPREY COMBO PRO BUNDLE FTW!

I kind of want to buy that now...

edited December 2014

Given that we've now had two Asian-specific Gen 6 figures with Lee and Mei-Lin, it would be nice to see finally see some new African figures, though I have to wonder how well they would sell. The last time anyone tried was Kelvin and Olivia for the Smith Micro G2 series, though I do still see Kelvin used quite a bit.

Yes, if they could make Lee and Mei Lin, then Africans must follow.

Though Monique doesn't ring a bell. No idea on how she will look like. We have the fairy Giselle... Though there are non-French names derived from the same base: Monica, Monika... A little girl would be cuuute... She could even be a bit toony.

EDIT:

I found some set of clothes that sounds Hispanic: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20613/start

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2014

of course it could be that there is a slight typo and it should really read MOOnique and is the long awaited Moollennium cow 3 by another name.
    :coolsmile:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    of course it could be that there is a slight typo and it should really read MOOnique and is the long awaited Moollennium cow 3 by another name.
    :coolsmile:

Or, if we assume a typo, it could mean that DAZ is going back down the Reby Sky path of digitizing a perfect replica of an actual person, and we're going to be treated to a digital version of actress/comedian Mo'Nique.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

[

So perhaps more human then Barby, and whom cares about the color. There is always "Amazing Skins", and "Skin Builder".

Or perhaps, just possibly, french doll. Akin to porcelain dolls. So in the end, the name dose not give much away.

I really would hope not - after all there's not exactly any more room for another caucasian lass - already Lilith was stretching the subject.

Then again, taking the Minotaur in mind, perhaps she's a Hydra, coming with wings and clawed feet.

harpy.png
    900 x 1080 - 847K
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    [

I really would hope not - after all there's not exactly any more room for another caucasian lass - already Lilith was stretching the subject.

Then again, taking the Minotaur in mind, perhaps she's a Hydra, coming with wings and clawed feet.

I think you mean Harpy. The Hydra is the draconic critter with multiple heads.

edited December 1969

Still funny, and I like the render, coolness.

I got a set of wings like that, and have yet to remove the "New" from the icons, along with so much other stuff.

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited December 2014

Hi all,

I usually don't chime in much on forums, but since its Christmas and I've got nothing better to do, well, I still want a David 6 character that matches up with handsome David 3.0 but most likely won't see him.

Next up better be a horse-headed male anthromorph or I will be really sorely disappointed. We've been waiting on Centaurs for ages, and they aren't coming soon either I think.

I noted that many people state that Daz's main business is with female figures, and big busty sex-symbol characters. I thought Daz touts family friendly things. But you know, its the customer base that determines what sells, and reflects what their wishes are. If you want certain things you have to give Daz a reason to make them. And getting to the bottom line, many content creators keep trying hard to support males here at Daz but the customers just don't support the sales of male related items, unless bundled with a female one. And that just doesn't make content creators want to go the extra mile for something they think won't sell before even starting.

You the customer determine what is made, and what people at Daz (both Daz and Content Creators/Published Artists) will make.

One thing I will chime in about though is, that although in the real world there are races in the Daz figures, they seem to be limited to three distinct types, everything else is rare and oddly enough a larger portion of the world population has these "forgotten" or ignored races.

I have noticed that there are entire races not part of the Daz figure presentation. Caucasian/White is predominant in the Daz palette, be it male or female, adult or child. Next up are asians, but in a general sense of asian, not divided up by individual asiatic races, and with proper cultural add-ons, be it scenes, costumes, props etc. The next seems to be an attempt at African American, or Africans from Africa, but so far I have never seen much in the way of real Latin Americans, or Spaniards/Portuguese or Brazilians. The Mayan Calendar thing didn't really count, nor the Aztecs as they are extinct races. Nor northern races like the Innuit, or Finnish, or even Mongol races, which all have a big part in historical things as well.

I'm very happy that many new females are coming out, as their existence means we will still need males to counterpart them somehow, even if the lack of matching morphs, textures etc force us to "fake it" somehow, but it makes many of us more creative with our 3D.

And there are more females out there to morph than Anjolina Jolie... ;-)

Greetings from Berllin, Germany,
    Merry Chrismas everyone and happy rendering with Daz Studio 4.7 and Reality 4.0 and the G2M/G2F Family!

Antonio Rodriguez
    ProFotograf

Post edited by ProFotograf on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

Herakleia said:

That's not a hydra, it's a harpy, and one exists. Lilithai Strigoia Accessories at RDNA, although it's for V4.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on