Monique 6 & Darius 6 Thread

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited January 2015

Our top spy is victorious again! Bravo!!!
    Hee hee! :cheese:

"Elemental" and "Air" outfits? Pretty likely that those will be Last Airbender/Korra-inspired. I'm just interested in what the face looks like; will we finally get a worthy successor to BelBel or will those of us hoping for a new toon figure all mutter a collective "meh" and buy it anyway? ;)

I did get that impression from the Air Outfit. Though, why would Aether be included if it's Avatar-themed? My guess is that we're probably going to see Fire, Earth, and Water Outfits pop-up very... relative to this current time. :)

In the meantime, however:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21001/start - Manga Student for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Well, the good news is that this probably means we'll get another Asia-themed sale at around the same time. The Belle/Brodie set triggered a student-themed one, so...

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2015

Well, the good news is that this probably means we'll get another Asia-themed sale at around the same time. The Belle/Brodie set triggered a student-themed one, so...
    I'd settle for a Macross style Valkyrie, like the YF-19, :coolsmile:
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Half-fearful of just how bizarre a 'battle-suit' geared towards Japanese cartoon aesthetics could be like...

You mean, is it a Battle Bikini or a 50 foot tall powered armour suit? Or maybe propeller-driven pants? ;-)

(Another forum I read has a few people discussing Strike Witches. A quick Google Images search pegged my boggle-o-meter.)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Seems like we who are waiting for a buddies for Giselle and Lilith and for Africa and for High SciFi will have to keep on waiting...

edited January 2015

Herakleia said:
    Seems like we who are waiting for a buddies for Giselle and Lilith and for Africa and for High SciFi will have to keep on waiting...
    [ hangs head in a moment of silent remorse ]
    The list is far more extensive then that mentioned, with so many face and body feature shapes not even attempted yet on Genesis 2, to say nothing of shades in between the polar opposites (With proper palm and feet shading).

We can wait, and hope, even if it is a slim hope that a PA somewhere, will try something completely different from everything brought forth the past few years. A good toon anime figure, is one that is missing in the current generation, so there is at-least that bit of joy.

Sheridan - Yeah, well I've never known hope when it wasn't on a diet. :)

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited January 2015

Well, I can see this month is going to be a dry one for me. I'm not into the anime and manga stuff so Keiko doesn't sound to be anything I need.

I'm still waiting forFreak 6. . Ohwell. Maybe some of the male stuff will be good when it trickles out amongst the female content.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Seems like a marasmus spring indeed! How many Medieval Princesses haven't we seen already or Merriment Outfits or Desert Dancers or Sexy Stewardesses? Or Smart and Sassy Outfit? And for the men there seems to be another throw of Cimmerian fantasy. Katar Hero and Ryk just screams loinchlotes and big axes to me.

In fact the only thing really tempting me is Midnight Rogue M6. May we finally hope for a film rogue hero in trench and fedora and with a shoulder holster with a pistol! And DM usually do some imagine and high-quality props, those I'm looking forward too.

Then again, there's very few props in that list so I hope for some surprises in that department. Some cool vehicles, buildings and interiors for instance.

edited December 1969

Well this seems to be the last of the Japanese items in the queue:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21004/start - Misaki for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21005/start - Hana for Misaki Outfit

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21001/start - Manga Student for Genesis 2 Female(s)

What the heck will this be? A female otaku/fan girl?
    edited December 1969

What the heck will this be? A female otaku/fan girl?
    Yep! Japanese and Anime stuff for our new official "3D Anime Girl". :)

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21019/start - DP Keiko 6 Carrara Shaders

• TenmaruTenmaru Posts: 105
    edited January 2015

I have only one question. With Aiko 6 released already more than half a year ago and Keiko 6 launching this month, I really can't get why Hiro 6 is so damn late to the party?

Post edited by Tenmaru on
    edited December 1969

Tenmaru said:
    I have only one question. With Aiko 6 released already more than half a year ago and Keiko 6 launching this month, I really can't get why Hiro 6 is so damn late to the party?
    I'm guessing that Hiro 6, is NOT a daz3d figure. Daz3d did not make Hiro 6.

Making things with a large organized teem is easier, then doing the work solo. That is assuming the PA that made Hiro 6 is even still around, lol.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Hiro has always been a Daz O, every iteration we've seen so far.

edited December 1969

ah, sorry, perhaps I was thinking of a different figure. So many names to keep track of. :red:

edited December 1969

Characters like Stephanie, David, Aiko, Hiro, Hitomi, Genesis 1, Genesis 2 Female, and Genesis 2 Male are all products of MallenLane commissioned by DAZ.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2015

Look, Elemental Jewellery is there: http://www.daz3d.com/elemental-jewelry-fire-earth-wind-and-water! I like the pendants. A lot. Well, EmmaAndJordi's quality... But it could suggest more new releases are coming. I'm waiting for the dark elves and men stuff, though the balls need proper garbs too.

Herakleia said:
    Seems like a marasmus spring indeed! How many Medieval Princesses haven't we seen already or Merriment Outfits or Desert Dancers or Sexy Stewardesses? Or Smart and Sassy Outfit? And for the men there seems to be another throw of Cimmerian fantasy. Katar Hero and Ryk just screams loinchlotes and big axes to me.

Firstly, I doubt they will ever release something skimpy for Brodie, who is a young teen after all. So Ryk's out of question (besides, I think it will be a morph, not clothes). Secondly, Katar can relate to:
    - a dagger from India,
    - a village in India,
    - a spelling of Qatar (the Arabian country), for instance, Polish uses it.

...therefore I think it will be more like that Desert Paladin for Genesis, which will be good. Maharajas, Persian princes, 1001 Nights' Tales. I like it.

Herakleia said:
    In fact the only thing really tempting me is Midnight Rogue M6. May we finally hope for a film rogue hero in trench and fedora and with a shoulder holster with a pistol! And DM usually do some imagine and high-quality props, those I'm looking forward too.

I would love something similar or even a rework of Mean Streets for Genesis, something like Judge Dredd or whatever. But Midnight Rogue sounds more like a fantasy thief, assassin or ninja. I may be wrong.

Characters like Stephanie, David, Aiko, Hiro, Hitomi, Genesis 1, Genesis 2 Female, and Genesis 2 Male are all products of MallenLane commissioned by DAZ.

Well... instead of being sued for economic espionage, we could become personal stalkers of MallenLane then :coolgrin:. JOKE!

I will tell you why: he's been secretly stalking Freak 6, which caused a major psychological crisis within them both. Thus DAZ had to temporarily vault them, possibly in West Park, until they recover. Poor Freak, a fragile soul, went on to discover his artistic side, practising modern ballet and refusing to wear anything but Pretty in Pink, while Hiro turns more and more brooding while wandering into the furthest recesses of the building, his sleepless nights filled with Freak, pink tutus and Millennium Cows with poseable udders and silicon addons for anthro enthusiasts.

Keiko is the newly-found Hiro's little stepsister and she's sent to act as a contact between her stepbrother and the outer world beyond the watchful eyes of West Park proprietor, Jack Tomalin. Her youthful readiness to hug the world, affinity for kittens and a wide array of skimpwear must cheer him up! Right...? Or will he move past the point of no return and become lost forever? Some say he's been mingling with the Dagon clan...

Will he get back to life or will angst prevail? Find out for yourself in the next season of "DAZ Soap Opera: The Customers Are Watching", available in your online device of choice DAZ soon!

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
    edited January 2015

Look, Elemental Jewellery is there: http://www.daz3d.com/elemental-jewelry-fire-earth-wind-and-water! I like the pendants. A lot. Well, EmmaAndJordi's quality... But it could suggest more new releases are coming. I'm waiting for the dark elves and men stuff, though the balls need proper garbs too.
    Yes! It's out and I love it! :cheese:

Well... instead of being sued for economic espionage, we could become personal stalkers of MallenLane then :coolgrin:. JOKE!
    Hon, I've BEEN stalking the since Gen 5! *Creepy smile*

I will tell you why: he's been secretly stalking Freak 6, which caused a major psychological crisis within them both. Thus DAZ had to temporarily vault them, possibly in West Park, until they recover. Poor Freak, a fragile soul, went on to discover his artistic side, practising modern ballet and refusing to wear anything but Pretty in Pink, while Hiro turns more and more brooding while wandering into the furthest recesses of the building, his sleepless nights filled with Freak, pink tutus and Millennium Cows with poseable udders and silicon addons for anthro enthusiasts.

Keiko is the newly-found Hiro's little stepsister and she's sent to act as a contact between her stepbrother and the outer world beyond the watchful eyes of West Park proprietor, Jack Tomalin. Her youthful readiness to hug the world, affinity for kittens and a wide array of skimpwear must cheer him up! Right...? Or will he move past the point of no return and become lost forever? Some say he's been mingling with the Dagon clan...

Will he get back to life or will angst prevail? Find out for yourself in the next season of "DAZ Soap Opera: The Customers Are Watching", available in your online device of choice DAZ soon!
    So THAT'S what's been going on! Here I was thinking that Hiro and Freak were forever locked in combat over Aiko's heart; the contrast of Sci-Fi muscle strength and Stylized martial agility clashing in heated war.

"Give me back my Aiko!" Hiro screams with a blood-pumped fist.

The hulk laughed heartily. "Why? So you can throw her away again for Keiko like you did for Hitomi?"

The slender shaped toon lowers his head. "Yes, it was a grave mistake I made. I have brought dishonor and pain to her. I did not cherish what I had. That is a sin I will forever bear in my soul. But I want to... No, I HAVE to... I must atone for my sin and find worthiness in her eyes once more!"

"Noble words, indeed." the giant commends. "I too know such loss. She was an amazon like no-other; strong yet gentle, built like warrior, but beautiful as a goddess no-less..."

A moment of silence fills the air.

"However, it is too late for such grievances. The past cannot be undone. Instead, we must salvage what we have left!" Freak says, resuming his stance.

"Yes..." Agrees Hiro doing the same. "If Aiko is our last hope of happiness, then let he who is stronger claim her!"

With a loud cry, the two charged at one another with fists stretched forth like thunder bolts.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited January 2015

...in the meantime, Aiko runs away with Anubis. A slender frame, smoldering eyes and long legs. The best thing: throw him a squeaky ball or a gummy chicken and he is overjoyed. No tutus, no poseable udders. Sold!

edited January 2015

Midnight Rogue is out and geez, it is OUTSTANDING!!! Finally, practical wear for a haul. Lovin' it.

http://www.daz3d.com/midnight-rogue-for-genesis-2-male-s

EDIT: Oh, my... it made a new post instead of an edit. Sorry, please merge it as time allows.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Midnight Rogue is out and geez, it is OUTSTANDING!!! Finally, practical wear for a haul. Lovin' it.

EDIT: Oh, my... it made a new post instead of an edit. Sorry, please merge it as time allows.

Anyone have a render of that outfit bending, twisting, sitting, or any other pose that moves his hip through chest area out of zero petition? None of the promos for it or the add-on textures show how it bends or if it will bend at all without all those details becoming warped. That's definitely the type of outfit I would buy, and I don't buy many clothes at all...

edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Anyone have a render of that outfit bending, twisting, sitting, or any other pose that moves his hip through chest area out of zero petition? None of the promos for it or the add-on textures show how it bends or if it will bend at all without all those details becoming warped. That's definitely the type of outfit I would buy, and I don't buy many clothes at all...

I'd be interested in more extreme poses too. It looks fabulous, but I hope it can crouch and sneak properly, not just strut through the streets openly.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    None of the promos for it or the add-on textures show how it bends or if it will bend at all without all those details becoming warped.

The arm rings definitely look warped in the first promo view, and the torso rings might be in the white-with-AO view.

Has anyone else noticed some store page descriptions are getting a bit scanty these days? One short sentence isn't really telling us a lot.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

It's really impressive at first glance.

At 2nd glance it's clearly not separate garments. The pants *may* be separate from the top, but it doesn't look like any of the top portions are actual garments. At best, they're matt zones. I'm not even sure that the boots are separate from the pants.

I'd kind of like to see what the zones are for turning things on and off, even if the outfit doesn't look terribly handy for kit-bashing.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    It's really impressive at first glance.

At 2nd glance it's clearly not separate garments. The pants *may* be separate from the top, but it doesn't look like any of the top portions are actual garments. At best, they're matt zones. I'm not even sure that the boots are separate from the pants.

I'd kind of like to see what the zones are for turning things on and off, even if the outfit doesn't look terribly handy for kit-bashing.
    No, it definitely has separate parts:

Bag
    BackLoosen
    FBMBodybuilderSize
    FBMMichael6
    FBMStocky
    FrontLoosen
    Loosen
    LoosenBag
    TopLoosen

Belt
    FBMBodybuilderSize
    FBMGianni
    FBMMichael6

Boots

Hood
    FBMBodybuilderSize
    FBMBodySize
    FBMEmaciated
    FBMFitnessSize
    FBMGianni
    FBMMichael6
    FBMPortly
    FBMStocky
    FBMTeenJayden
    FBMThin
    FHMGianni
    FHMMichael6
    FHMTeenJayden
    JCMLCUp
    JCMLSDown
    JCMRCUp
    JCMRSDown

Left and Right Sleeves
    FBMBodybuilderSize
    FBMEmaciated
    FBMFitnessSize
    FBMStocky

Pants
    ADJInnerThighUpL
    ADJInnerThighUpR
    FBMBodybuilderSize
    FBMBodySize
    FBMEmaciated
    FBMFitnessSize
    FBMGianni
    FBMMichael6
    FBMPortly
    FBMStocky
    FBMTeenJayden
    FBMThin

Shirt
    FBMBodybuilderSize
    FBMFitnessSize
    FBMGianni
    FBMMichael6
    FBMStocky

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

Huh. That is useful to know. The way the belt floats in the promos, I was sure that it was a part of the top.

edited December 1969

Has anyone else noticed some store page descriptions are getting a bit scanty these days? One short sentence isn't really telling us a lot.

Agreed. It seems top PAs are too busy... I'd love to have Midnight Rogue. Did anyone buy it and could post renders?

edited December 1969

Well, look what we got for today! :)

http://www.daz3d.com/anarchy-for-genesis-2-female-s

Check the FBM's.

edited January 2015

Well, look what we got for today! :)

http://www.daz3d.com/anarchy-for-genesis-2-female-s

Check the FBM's.

I thought a new girl is close to release when I saw all Genesis items being basically FastGrabbed. And this FBM list assured me it's the case. Anyway, in case somebody wanted to remove it, there is proof of it being there.

But two new major shapes...? When it comes to the grand release, you know what will ensue... Decisions, decisions!

This brings back the question about Monique's... "heritage". Keiko sounds like Hitomi (Aiko is taken, right?), but Monique? No ideas.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

I don't think there is any real heritage. Daz just tells one of its artists, "Hey, give us a new character" and that's probably about the extent of it. :)