Monique 6 & Darius 6 Thread

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

ProFotograf. I'm fairly new to CG, and was not aware that it was that bad. I did search for G2F/M figures, and found, NOTHING. Then I went back incrementally till I got to V4, and that texture set, and stopped there. I figured I may possibly be able to use morph sets, and that Natasha texture for my works.
    http://www.daz3d.com/v4-elitetexture-natasha
    Things did Not work out in the end as I had thought the beginning of this year. You can not easily take face parts from separate figures and combine them easily, as I had thought. Figures with limb lengths different from the default G2F/M base, tend to cause stuff to fold up in the poly mesh (hair and cloths). And it takes an incredible amount of work to convert a V4 texture to G2F. There is now a script for converting V4 mats to G2F, I have yet to try, as the rest makes it pointless to go out of my way and try.

Despair, is about the only way I can think of my view of available figures at this point. Between Daz originals, and the flood of add-on figures by other PA's, and nothing that I was originally looking for, aside from Wachiwi.

Still it is the holidays, so I will enjoy playing with ships or electronic parts, or something I guess.

Galen - There is always hope. Only because that is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill. Yet.

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I think you are not aware actually of how to use the products correctly?

V4 is a figure in its own right.

- V4 textures fit the V4 figure.

G2F is a figure subset of the G2 Figure set, the female one.
    - G2F textures are for the G2F figure, and are very different from V4

There are V4 figure morphs created for the G2F series, but these are shape morphs to make G2F have the same figure shape as V4 so it can easily take on clothing that is meant for V4, with Autofit or to let you use shapes of V4 you may have liked in the past.

There is the ability to use a V4 texture on a G2F figure. This is called UV Mapping. There are many tutorials and explanations on how to switch the UVs on G2F to use other figures texture maps. They are not perfect but many do quite well. In order to convert a texture from V4 to G2F, you physically need to redo them onto different templates, and that is a ton of work you do not have to do.

Rather than be frustrated, I think you need to take the above into account, and ask around in the forums here, there are so many who have made this journey in Daz without feeling lost and totally upset about it. Many are willing to help you.

Just realize that V4 and G2F are two different things.

Like when buying car tires. You may have two sets that look awesome, they look like tires, they really look alike... but then you cannot fit the one set onto the rims you bought... damn its a tire, they are both tires.. but the one set doesn't fit. Get my point?

There are some really helpful forums in here to get you going and eventually you'll be the one telling others how it works through your own experience and trials and tribulations.

Wishing you the best of luck with your V4/G2F rendering!

Antonio
    ProFotograf

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

In order to convert a texture from V4 to G2F, you physically need to redo them onto different templates, and that is a ton of work you do not have to do.

You don't need to physically convert anything. This product allows you to use V4 mapped textures on G2F using the UV switching in the surfaces tab.
    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Then use a script like D3D's Gen4G2 mat convertor on the material presets so they can be used on Gen2.
    http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=dazscript&product=gen4g2mat

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 2014

Vaskania said:
    In order to convert a texture from V4 to G2F, you physically need to redo them onto different templates, and that is a ton of work you do not have to do.

You don't need to physically convert anything. This product allows you to use V4 mapped textures on G2F using the UV switching in the surfaces tab.
    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Then use a script like D3D's Gen4G2 mat convertor on the material presets so they can be used on Gen2.
    http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=dazscript&product=gen4g2matThats one for my other thread, and explains why that victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female didn't work. Thanks Vaskania.
    It was missing a few steps the last time I tried that. I thought 14.95 thrown away back in July :blank:

I have yet to try this script, DraagonStorm and others have at-least had luck using it. (And yes, I already paid for it as well)
    http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-batch-converter-to-genesis-2-female-s
    (EDIT)
    Dose that "D3D’s Gen4G2" thing fix the distorted eyelids, and the weird stuff (UV seams) behind the ears and on the neck?

GotIt_01001declas01.png
    418 x 169 - 21K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

(EDIT)
    Dose that "D3D’s Gen4G2" thing fix the distorted eyelids, and the weird stuff (UV seams) behind the ears and on the neck?

D3D's script only creates new mats using the Gen2 material names. It does nothing with the texture maps themselves. You'd still need to copy the torso map to the ears, as V4 didn't have a separate surface for the ears.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I wonder how Monique will look like... I dreamt of a new African DO, say, Tyler 6 (because I hate when you cannot make abbreviations like with Josie and Jayden, Gia and Gianni or Belle and Brodie).

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

French-implying? Hoping for African? Why not Haitian? Problem solved! :)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

You can never have too many dark and sultry sirens.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Wow, that would work! I love the Hawaiian character P3D made, Leia. She is gorgeous. But needs company!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Wow, that would work! I love the Hawaiian character P3D made, Leia. She is gorgeous. But needs company!

Um, I hate to nit-pick, but Hawaiian and Haitian aren't quite the same thing. Either one would be a welcome addition to G2F, though.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

Um, I hate to nit-pick, but Hawaiian and Haitian aren't quite the same thing. Either one would be a welcome addition to G2F, though.

I didn't say they are, I said Leia, a distinctive character, needs company and would appreciate an islander who isn't British (no offense, but we have loads of white women here in the shop)...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726
    edited December 1969

I didn't say they are, I said Leia, a distinctive character, needs company and would appreciate an islander who isn't British (no offense, but we have loads of white women here in the shop)...

I went and had a look at leia since I am always looking for quality darker skinned textures and I don't find her distinctive in any way based on the promos, but thanks for the HU anyway.

Personally I have no use for a new girl (or guy) since I rarely use any canned figures and have no need for another UV set. I do hope there will be some new and innovative clothing/ props options though that come from a new figure.

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited December 1969

Haitian and a lot more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:French_Empire_17th_century-20th_century.png

edited December 1969

The promos don't give her justice, she has a really distinctive face. The skin is not very dark. Personally, I like to use her morph with a skin by Raiya.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

I was thinking more along the lines of clothes too. French women are associated with elegance, style and classy couture, so I was hoping maybe a French female character might lead to the appearance of a few outfits that are a bit less 'warrior princess' or 'street corner loiterer' than what seems to make up the majority of offerings on the Daz wardrobe front. I won't be holding my breath though :)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Hi all,
    We've been waiting on Centaurs for ages, and they aren't coming soon either I think.

Yeah a 'me too' to that one too! I've been waiting for centaurs forever - or at least ever since I bought a set from Rendo which didn't work, because there was a big 'hole' between the human and the horse. With Genesis 1 's morphing availabilities I thought that the problem might be solved but there still were no centaur in sight. I've been making them on my own these days with a lot of postworking included but I still have a wish to some day getting one that really do look good in a render.
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

Sorry, I misunderstood your response to RCDeschene. It would be nice to have more non-white characters, but do we really need more complete figures? It might be better to have some more sets of ethnic face/head morphs, and sets of skins. I've had good results with Zev0's Skin Builder, but it's always nice to have more options.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    riftwitch said:

Sorry, I misunderstood your response to RCDeschene. It would be nice to have more non-white characters, but do we really need more complete figures? It might be better to have some more sets of ethnic face/head morphs, and sets of skins. I've had good results with Zev0's Skin Builder, but it's always nice to have more options.

No problem. I totally agree with you!

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited December 1969

Why not a combination? Black character, Historical (or not) French clothes. In the Belle speculation thread there were some hopes that she would be inspired by the movie released this year of the same name. Why can't Monique fill that niche? Would certainly be a theme that worked (and leave a better taste in all our mouthes than "tribal")

That being said, I still want David 6 most.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

Perhaps she will be sci-fi? although the name does not evoke it. I'd love a black female sci-fi character with something differnet in the wardrobe department.

So far, none of the new characters has been released with sci-fi garb or accessories. I hope that changes.

But since the next character is Keiko 6, I'm thinking it will be a while before we see Monique.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Any character can be sci-fi. Just put one of the existing black characters in one of the many sci-fi clothing sets. :)

edited December 1969

Any character can be sci-fi. Just put one of the existing black characters in one of the many sci-fi clothing sets. :)

Right, why didn't I think of that? =-) Although I don't think there are that many, at least compared to fantasy outfits, which is what I'm saying. Would love a bundle which included non-fantasy outfits. =-)

edited December 2014

Well, I'm all for more science-fiction costumes being released. If they'd be specifically made for a new female character, however, be careful what you wish for: They'd most likely be skimpwear, again, rather than practical.

I quite like the new 'Space Hunter', for instance - although, it has an odd rubbery look to it... Components which should be solid smart-props look like they're distorted, because they're literally bending like fabric. Makes an excellent substitute for a military astronaut, though!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

You are absolutely right... . Oh that's too bad about the new outfit. I did buy the outfit but havent had a chance to use it yet. How disappointing

edited December 1969

Well, I'm all for more science-fiction costumes being released. If they'd be specifically made for a new female character, however, be careful what you wish for: They'd most likely be skimpwear, again, rather than practical.

I quite like the new 'Space Hunter', for instance - although, it has an odd rubbery look to it... Components which should be solid smart-props look like they're distorted, because they're literally bending like fabric. Makes an excellent substitute for a military astronaut, though!

I noticed that in the promos, and chuckled about how difficult it is to rig basic buckles to not bend and stretch, lol. OK near impossible is probably more like it.

The suit kind of reminded me of the SGU space suits a tad. "We're walking around on an alien planet in million year old suits", lol.

edited December 1969

Kamion99 said:
    Why not a combination? Black character, Historical (or not) French clothes. In the Belle speculation thread there were some hopes that she would be inspired by the movie released this year of the same name. Why can't Monique fill that niche? Would certainly be a theme that worked (and leave a better taste in all our mouthes than "tribal")

That being said, I still want David 6 most.

Yes, there were even films with Academy Awards for actors and actresses with lovely dark complexion.

Perhaps she will be sci-fi? although the name does not evoke it. I'd love a black female sci-fi character with something differnet in the wardrobe department.

So far, none of the new characters has been released with sci-fi garb or accessories. I hope that changes.

But since the next character is Keiko 6, I'm thinking it will be a while before we see Monique.

Keiko...? Where are any traces? The documentation returns nothing.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

I'm all for more scifi things, and not just space suits but cyborg props and enhancement things. And if we one day finally can have a hazmat suite, a classic sailor uniform and a dress uniform...

Then I'd love to have some African lore outfits with African characters as well. Those dresses, hairdoes and such. Not to mention African hair. We certainly lack in that department. There are a few dread manes out there, but there are so many beautiful hairdos with petite knots and cornrows and the likes which I'd love to see coming with those characters.

edited December 2014

I noticed that in the promos, and chuckled about how difficult it is to rig basic buckles to not bend and stretch, lol. OK near impossible is probably more like it.

The suit kind of reminded me of the SGU space suits a tad. "We're walking around on an alien planet in million year old suits", lol.

Yeah, I noticed it on the promotional stuff, myself. :) I still got the basic suit, though, because I'm in need of a militarised astronaut look for a project. Still think it's a shame that there's virtually nothing to represent a proper 'hard shell'-type suit for the Genesis 2 range. It doesn't just have uses for combat situations (even though, with what's presently on offer, there isn't really much which would look like it could stand up to gunfire if you need to do a combat render), but also for things like space and deep sea diving/repair.

I'm glad it essentially doubles as a futuristic pilot suit, though! Something else we haven't got much Genesis 2 content for. The rubbery look of the helmet won't stand out as much from behind cockpit glass.

There was one of the sales offers, a couple of days ago, which mentioned something like if you get a certain amount of punches or a particular product on that day, you'd get an extra percentage of discount off of 'Keiko 6'.

It's apparently a Japanese female name, for what it's worth. I've no idea if Mei Lin was meant to directly resemble Chinese females, as opposed to the Far East, in general, but maybe that's what's going on here. Seems odd that they'd replicate the same base figure, but as we've seen from Belle/Brodie (or even Mei Lin, herself, considering the various 'realistic' looks for Aiko 6 which came out), it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

yes. The 'buy this set and get 20% off next month's release of Keiko 6? Was it the Lost Temple of El dorodo?

I admit, I was disappointed it wasn't a male release. Kinda saturated with female figures lately.

edited December 1969

There was one of the sales offers, a couple of days ago, which mentioned something like if you get a certain amount of punches or a particular product on that day, you'd get an extra percentage of discount off of 'Keiko 6'.

It's apparently a Japanese female name, for what it's worth. I've no idea if Mei Lin was meant to directly resemble Chinese females, as opposed to the Far East, in general, but maybe that's what's going on here. Seems odd that they'd replicate the same base figure, but as we've seen from Belle/Brodie (or even Mei Lin, herself, considering the various 'realistic' looks for Aiko 6 which came out), it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Did you see it in a newsletter? If so, please tell me the issue date and/or the title, I will look it up in my mailbox.

yes. The 'buy this set and get 20% off next month's release of Keiko 6? Was it the Lost Temple of El dorodo?

I admit, I was disappointed it wasn't a male release. Kinda saturated with female figures lately.

Can't Keiko be a male name?