Monique 6 & Darius 6 Thread

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 2014

Havos said:
    Has anyone considered if Keiko could be a cat-girl or a dog-girl? I believe this is a popular theme in many Japanese manga and anime (though I confess I am not an expert on this genre). I am not talking about similar characters to RawArt's Dog World and Cat World characters, but something much more stylized and cute, with a basically human face, but with big eyes and soft floppy ears.

You mean like something from MAB and WillDupre? :)
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    edited December 1969

Havos said:
    Has anyone considered if Keiko could be a cat-girl or a dog-girl? I believe this is a popular theme in many Japanese manga and anime (though I confess I am not an expert on this genre). I am not talking about similar characters to RawArt's Dog World and Cat World characters, but something much more stylized and cute, with a basically human face, but with big eyes and soft floppy ears.

No, I meant something more human looking than that. For example this picture

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3120/2a61gkj.jpg

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

RCDeschene's saying a lot of intriguing things, look below who might have missed that!

True, but let's all remember that Hitomi's not just any PA character:

1. Hitomi is made by MallenLane, the contracted PA behind much of DAZ 3D's main character technology.

2. Hitomi has support that only DO Icons receive (unique UV, Capsces Poses, etc.).

3. Hitomi inherited the "3D Anime Girl" title that originally belonged to Aiko.

4. Hitomi's male counter-part is Hiro 5.

5. Hitomi was included in a base character sale at the end of Gen 5.

Even a DAZ member, at one point, stepped forward and explained that we can consider Hitomi an "honorary Gen 5 character".

1. That sounds like something between a major shape and a character like, say, Pretty Base IV.

2. Thank you for pointing this out, I did not know she has a separate UV-map. What about Anubis?

3. The title with Aiko was, in my humble opinion, a bit stretched. I mean, Hitomi is a girl in its meaning: a minor, not an adult. Aiko could have a childlish look or be a grownup, as she is for most of the time. So 3D Anime Girl for Hitomi and 3D Anime Female/Woman for Aiko.

4. Hitomi was trying to date Hiro?! How come? I always thought his heart belongs to Aiko and vice versa... Now, DAZ soap opera drama ensues.

5. I don't remember the sale, but I must have taken part. Do you know where could I see the newsletter? Web version would do the trick, I'm curious.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited December 1969

4. Hitomi was trying to date Hiro?! How come? I always thought his heart belongs to Aiko and vice versa... Now, DAZ soap opera drama ensues.
    IIRC MallenLane initially built the character as Hitomi's counterpart, and then DAZ bought the shape and released it as Hiro 5. He's also closer to Hitomi than to Aiko 5 style-wise.
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    IIRC MallenLane initially built the character as Hitomi's counterpart, and then DAZ bought the shape and released it as Hiro 5. He's also closer to Hitomi than to Aiko 5 style-wise.

OK, that makes sense. I mean, I always thought A5 is more style-consistent when paired with Takeo for H5. Now I know why.

edited December 2014

The sale took place a few years ago. The attachment you saw in my previous post was a cropped screenshot from back then. :)

And yes, Hitomi was the little tart who stirred-up some drama in the anime side of the DAZ family. Her refreshing youthfulness charmed the jaded Hiro 5 in a way that reminded him of the warmth Aiko had back in Gen 3 (because let's face it, A4 looked way too freaky and snooty). This in-turn caused poor Aiko 5 to abandon the anime-esque roots that betrayed her as she ran right into the arms of the widower Freak 5.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

...But the merchant resource kit is extremely expensive. It also doesn't allow sharing for free, so you cannot give it to anyone. Felicity is excellent, but her skin is a reddish brown. The other characters are really neat too, but their skin is very even. So more variety would be appreciated, obviously. In this case, the more, the merrier.

All the options I listed were for dark skins, in general, but several were most definitely black. There's no reason you couldn't use, say, Sierra or Nabila, for instance. Granted, Sierra requires Gia, but I'd think that's only for the shape - you can use other shapes (for all I know, even the shape might be perfectly fine, even without whichever morphs Gia has within her to achieve the exact look for the promotional image).

Wait for the inevitable discounts and you should be fine. :)

edited December 2014

Havos said:
    Havos said:

No, I meant something more human looking than that. For example this picture

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3120/2a61gkj.jpg
    I'm just NOW noticing this response. Sorry about that!

That is what is called a "Neko"; a human figure with the ears, tails, and quite often the paws and accessories of the feline species. The canine equivalent to this is called "Inu" (hence, animes like InuYasha).

Either way, you can still obtain that style quite nicely with MAB/WilDupre's stuff. :)

Cerberus.jpg
    757 x 714 - 119K
    Ryuu_Dance.jpg
    637 x 696 - 489K
    edited December 1969

...But the merchant resource kit is extremely expensive. It also doesn't allow sharing for free, so you cannot give it to anyone. Felicity is excellent, but her skin is a reddish brown. The other characters are really neat too, but their skin is very even. So more variety would be appreciated, obviously. In this case, the more, the merrier.

All the options I listed were for dark skins, in general, but several were most definitely black. There's no reason you couldn't use, say, Sierra or Nabila, for instance. Granted, Sierra requires Gia, but I'd think that's only for the shape - you can use other shapes (for all I know, even the shape might be perfectly fine, even without whichever morphs Gia has within her to achieve the exact look for the promotional image).

Wait for the inevitable discounts and you should be fine. :)

I do, I do... But the base price is almost $30 for the kit and it rarely goes on sale. Anyway, the selection shows there is still much room for an African.

edited December 1969

Eek! No! The Dark Skin Merchant kit isn't necessary for any of the others! Don't worry about that! :)

edited December 1969

Eek! No! The Dark Skin Merchant kit isn't necessary for any of the others! Don't worry about that! :)

I'm sorry, Xeno. I didn't mean it is required, I was talking about it on its own... As you can see, it's on my mind ;). Anyway, since V4 UVs are supported by Gen2F with V4 for Gen2F, I guess I can simply use this lovely freebie merchant resource kit by Biscuits or BluEcho, modify it to be much darker, add some more details and use it on Genesis, then save a DUF and apply it to Gen2F.

By the way, is there a handy tutorial on which material zones from V4 UVs correspond with Gen2F?

I'm not going out tonight, so I went to check the new dresses looking for Monique or Keiko. No luck.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited December 1969

Gia is in fact required to use the Sierra texture; she uses the Gia UV set. In fact, all of the day-of releases for Gia use the Gia UV set. I think she may have been the last/only release other than V6/M6 that happened with.

edited December 1969

I thought all Genesis 2 figures used the same base UV thing?

The more you know...!

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 2014

The more you know...!

Ah, G2F uses the default V5 map, sort of by default. G2M uses the M6 mat, sort of by default. That is part of the reason for so many G2F figures requiring the V6 figure base, for the V6 UV.

"O" Happy new year y'all, from the Northeast US.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

The more you know...!

Ah, G2F uses the default V5 map, sort of by default. G2M uses the M6 mat, sort of by default. That is part of the reason for so many G2F figures requiring the V6 figure base, for the V6 UV.

Just to clarify, G2F uses her own uvs by default, but comes with V5 uvs, too. G2M uses his own, but comes with M5 uvs. The default textures, Bree for G2F, and Philip for G2M have been converted to G2F and G2M base uvs. They are not V5 and M5 uvs.

edited January 2015

Slosh said:

The more you know...!

Just to clarify, G2F uses her own uvs by default, but comes with V5 uvs, too. G2M uses his own, but comes with M5 uvs. The default textures, Bree for G2F, and Philip for G2M have been converted to G2F and G2M base uvs. They are not V5 and M5 uvs.That I was unaware of, only noticed that some of the figures I have that don't require anything other then G2F and the morph set, all seamed to be using the V5 UV set. (I never got V5 base, pro, etc)

Looking just now out of disbelief that G2 had it's own UV set, is interesting. It looks like there are allot more UV sets then just M6, V6, and Gia. (There are figures I don't have by the way, and I need to go look at something not on that list).
    (EDIT)
    Now that is interesting. Teen Josie6 uses the G2F UV, yet Aiyana uses the V5 UV, hmmm.

G2F_Tj6_Aiyana_UVset_001.png
    578 x 323 - 17K
    G2F_Tj6_base_UVset_001.png
    589 x 321 - 17K
    G2F_UVsets_001.png
    585 x 339 - 19K
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited January 2015

Now that is interesting. Teen Josie6 uses the G2F UV, yet Aiyana uses the V5 UV, hmmm.

Because most PAs use V5 or Default G2F, the two that come with the free G2F base, so anyone can use the skin even if they don't own the daz character the morph is designed to work with, Fred was working with V5 UVs at that time, he's since switched to G2F UV's cause they're a little easier to work with (And almost all of Fred's characters look awesome by themselves on a base G2 anyway - Oliver not withstanding, he looks really weird on a base G2M) I understand different UVs for things like the Minotaur that significantly change the shape, but I really don't see why we need a new one for every new human character that's only slightly different.

Post edited by Fisty on
    edited January 2015

ignore double post

Post edited by Fisty on
    edited December 1969

I'm not going out tonight, so I went to check the new dresses looking for Monique or Keiko. No luck.

Tell me about it. I go FBM hunting everyday. Trust me, if there were any leaks, I would have been the first one leaking screens! ;)
    edited December 1969

Tell me about it. I go FBM hunting everyday. Trust me, if there were any leaks, I would have been the first one leaking screens! ;)

I thought so :).

Because most PAs use V5 or Default G2F, the two that come with the free G2F base, so anyone can use the skin even if they don't own the daz character the morph is designed to work with, Fred was working with V5 UVs at that time, he's since switched to G2F UV's cause they're a little easier to work with (And almost all of Fred's characters look awesome by themselves on a base G2 anyway - Oliver not withstanding, he looks really weird on a base G2M) I understand different UVs for things like the Minotaur that significantly change the shape, but I really don't see why we need a new one for every new human character that's only slightly different.

Isn't it like that: every head sculpted in an external application looks quite the same even without, say, V6 or M6?

edited December 1969

It depends on how much of the daz character is used and if it started as V6/M6 whatever or if it was modeled on the base with V6/M6/etc added in for flavor after.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    It depends on how much of the daz character is used and if it started as V6/M6 whatever or if it was modeled on the base with V6/M6/etc added in for flavor after.

Surely. Anyway, most of your and Fred's morphs work just fine without M6, say. At least when it comes to faces.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Surely. Anyway, most of your and Fred's morphs work just fine without M6, say. At least when it comes to faces. That's good to know for some, tho I did just get the G2M Morph Bundle for the "Corina Bulge" that the Christmas Elves (FWSA Peppermint HD) kept kicking an error over it not being in my computer.

Neither "FWSA Peppermint HD" or "brodie-6" list that as a requirement??? I'm assuming something missed in the madness of the holiday rush. :)

Peppermint_Error_001.png
    456 x 310 - 5K
    PeppermintHD_NoMorphRequierd001.png
    946 x 339 - 267K
    Brodie6_NoMorphRequierd001.png
    947 x 274 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Zac, there was an issue with Peppermint, I'm not sure if it was solved.

edited January 2015

Zac, there was an issue with Peppermint, I'm not sure if it was solved.
    It's only the Cornea shape, everything else works fine. Just don't do closeup's of the face from the side.
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/48351
    A funny for the Ambassador outfit thread a wile back, lol.

I'm yet to install and try the G2M morph pack with Peppermint, so I'm not sure, yet.
    (EDIT)
    That was it, Peppermint needs this
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-head-shapes
    included with this bundle.
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-s-morphs-bundle
    Error is now gone. Page needs to be updated to show the requirement.

edited December 1969

Great to know you got it to work!

edited January 2015

SPOILER TIME!!!

Lookie what I found today!

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20958/start - Shinobi Shozoku for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20959/start - Shinobi Shozoku Textures
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20960/start - Shinjuku Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20961/start - Shinjuku Outfit Textures
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20902/start - Anime Kitten Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20990/start - Manga-Anime Battlesuit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20991/start - Tomoe for Manga-Anime Battlesuit

Seems like Keiko is going to be the new Hitomi after all. Also, there appears to be an Elemental Outfit series on the way as well:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20924/start - Elemental Jewelry: Fire, Earth, Wind, and Water
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20986/start - Air Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20987/start - Textures for Air Outfit
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20988/start - Aether Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20989/start - Textures for Aether Outfit

edited January 2015

Looks like I was right about the name's Japanese heritage. I'd hope she'd be in some way radically different to Aiko 6, but judging by the recent Belle/Brodie thing, she might be overly similar.

A quick search appears the clarify that the first outfit on that list would be a ninja costume. Not sure if there were female ninjas, but I could probably use one for G2F renders.

Half-fearful of just how bizarre a 'battle-suit' geared towards Japanese cartoon aesthetics could be like...

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Our top spy is victorious again! Bravo!!!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560
    edited January 2015

Haha, good job RC! :)

There were female ninja (called 'kunoichi'), but they were supposedly more like spies, gathering information and getting close to important people rather than what we think of as ninja.

"Elemental" and "Air" outfits? Pretty likely that those will be Last Airbender/Korra-inspired. I'm just interested in what the face looks like; will we finally get a worthy successor to BelBel or will those of us hoping for a new toon figure all mutter a collective "meh" and buy it anyway? ;)

Post edited by SnowSultan on