Monique 6 & Darius 6 Thread

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Oh, so, it WAS just Hitomi's morphs and skin...

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited January 2015

Is Keiko now in the store? I see an advertisement and click it but nothing is shown in the store.

Post edited by almahiedra on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235
    edited December 1969

What advertisement?

edited December 1969

What advertisement?

It is one that have adchoices options. It is in a page about Citgo Petroleum out of Daz store. Majority of advertisement that I see in any page are from DAZ and R store, I suppose because I frequently visit these stores.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Did it show what Keiko looks like?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I think Keiko at Renderosity refers to an addon package of materials for the V4 Fan dress.

edited December 1969

Yes, totally. A cute girl with sci-fi suit.

• MallenLaneMallenLane Posts: 159
    edited December 1969

>_>

edited January 2015

>_>

Why hello there, Mr. Lane! Nice of you to drop by! Thanks loads for Hito-I mean, Keiko 6! :3
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Interesting end result. Seems to be a hybrid of Aiko 6 and Fiends Forever.

Definitely more deserving of the 'stylised' category than Belle/Brodie had been. :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Bundled her straight into the cart. Seemed weird that they went with an extra bundle this time around - Normal, Pro and the 'Mega Manga' bundle? I think that last one includes just about everything Keiko related, so I picked it up. I must say she's a gorgeous figure, perfect for toon renders and she blends nicely with some of the other toons I have for Genesis 2, especially Aiko and Girl 6.

Now the real question is when I'll stop playing with my new toys and get some actual work done...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited December 1969

Bundled her straight into the cart. Seemed weird that they went with an extra bundle this time around - Normal, Pro and the 'Mega Manga' bundle?

Now the real question is when I'll stop playing with my new toys and get some actual work done...

Er... what DAZ has actually done is cut the size of the Pro Bundles down (from 16/15 items down to 12/11), first with Belle and now with Keiko. Then they made this new Mega bundle with the same number of items that the Pro bundles USED to have, and raised the prices by a goodly chunk across the board.
  • CricketCricket Posts: 440
    edited January 2015

They've raised prices on the base figures, too. From $39.99 to $44.99!! And Belle's Starter Bundle is $90, too.

Post edited by Cricket on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Er... what DAZ has actually done is cut the size of the Pro Bundles down (from 16/15 items down to 12/11), first with Belle and now with Keiko. Then they made this new Mega bundle with the same number of items that the Pro bundles USED to have, and raised the prices by a goodly chunk across the board.
    So it seems. Maybe this is an attempt to offer smaller bundles aimed at the mid-range? To be fair though, Belle didn't have a vast well of items for her release to begin with, and the Pro bundle included all of the Daz ones, with the rest being PA releases. Technically, I suppose they're all PA releases, but the ones bought by Daz were the ones included.

It is rather curious how the prices have gone up though. From my perspective it's still reasonably priced, given Daz's usual standards for quality, but I do hope it's not an ill omen. Well, enough gloom. Here's a cheerful picture of the new girl.

Keiko_Cafe.jpg
    1200 x 893 - 663K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited January 2015

So it seems. Maybe this is an attempt to offer smaller bundles aimed at the mid-range? To be fair though, Belle didn't have a vast well of items for her release to begin with, and the Pro bundle included all of the Daz ones, with the rest being PA releases. Technically, I suppose they're all PA releases, but the ones bought by Daz were the ones included.
    Well, it's more accurately smaller bundles aimed at the same price range. Especially since with this one they've split out the pose sets that have come automatically with the other Gen6 characters and are including that in the bundles to inflate the number of items. Couple that with the jacking up of the base figure price, and it's much less for much more than ever before. Maybe that's DAZ's new slogan for 2015?

In any case, I can't imagine that that's going to turn out to be a great idea with this character, as so far the K6 UV set looks to be DOA. If there's no reason to buy the character for the UV set, it's going to be more practical for a lot of folks to just wait and buy the individual items they really want when they go on sale at the inevitable 70% off in two months.

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

So, anyone spotting any ads for Monique 6 yet?

edited December 1969

It seems like she's going to be another last-week-of-the-month release...

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

It seems like she's going to be another last-week-of-the-month release...

That's good for me, it gives me a chance to toss it in the budget when they do that.
    edited December 1969

Tomorrow? :)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

What tomorrow?

edited December 1969

What tomorrow?
    There is no tomorrow, tomorrow is only an illusion perceived by today.

edited December 1969

Okay, definitely tomorrow, then... :)

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

lol. Are you that anxious to get something before it is ready for launch? Perhaps a hint of "Go Fever"? lol.

I can understand the desire to look forward to a new launch, tho lets not repeat Apollo 1, please.
    The new figure will be ready, when it is ready :coolsmile:

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release a new character in February, instead releasing the next one in early March as DAZ's entry into March Madness (since apparently March Madness is now mostly PA's)

edited December 1969

YAY!!! AN OFFICIAL BLACK FEMALE!!! :D

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560
    edited December 1969

YAY!!! AN OFFICIAL BLACK FEMALE!!! :D

...who is immediately portrayed as a voodoo priestess and the guy as a basketball player, lol. ;)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

DAMMIT IT!!!!! I was only asking YESTERDAY for some great african/african american/jamaican etc skins for Gen2F, with awesome DS mats.....and I bought an oldie last night.

If the PC got sneak peeks like we're apparently SUPPOSED to, I might have known about this a week ago and not wasted my damn money on an older product. Cos they look FANTASTIC.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    DAMMIT IT!!!!! I was only asking YESTERDAY for some great african/african american/jamaican etc skins for Gen2F, with awesome DS mats.....and I bought an oldie last night.

If the PC got sneak peeks like we're apparently SUPPOSED to, I might have known about this a week ago and not wasted my damn money on an older product. Cos they look FANTASTIC.

...indeed, the colouration on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet look good.
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

Can you return them still if you only bought them last week?
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited December 1969

And yet still waiting for male companions for Stephanie 6, Girl 6 and Aiko 6 and any others I have missed..