Monique 6 & Darius 6 Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:

I can't recall it coming up in discussions lately (must fix that!) One main problem used to be mixing up PA brokered items with DAZ Originals, as DAZ are ok with giving HUGE discount on release bundles but PAs don't tend to go with those 70-80% off on NEW items by choice! lol The store working out these different levels of discounts on a single purchase is still a complication :-S

Exactly. I think the prevailing thought is "If I wanted my PA items bundled, I'd sell them to DAZ in the first place." The chances of making PA bundles are close to nil because of the PA blowback that would cause. PAs will choose to bundle a few of their own items, when it's a set, not just to give blowout prices... a lot a work goes into those products to just give them away at release at extremely low prices.

Ahh, good to know that I'll be saving a lot of money on most PA releases then... :P

LOL, not sure how you can save money on something that never happened. ;)
    That's what I mean, DOs and less bundles means less chance I buy stuff. :)

OK, but that's not how PAs make money. With pricing, splits, percentages, etc. PA bundles really don't make sense when they will most likely get less than $1 out of the deal for weeks worth of work. Buying and selling really has to be beneficial on both sides, so saying you're not buying something because PAs won't agree to get paid nothing ultimately will not bother PAs because the majority of people will pay a fair price for items so that vendors will continue to provide products in the future. That's something you should keep in mind.
    You make it sound as if I mean that in a superficial way, which is actually not my intend. Yes, it does compromise the artist a bit, and I'm quite sure some artists experience a bit of turbulence on the bills when it happens, but something foe the PA's to also keep in mind is that not everyone who patronizes this 3D community is a professional developer with a company-level budget. In fact, it's been stated on this topic every time that the majority of us in question are just general hobbyists, students, and retired with a much average-to-below average income rate to play with, ourselves. Unfortunately for all of us, it's just a blackened double-edged sword...

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Darius the guard

darius_the_guard_l.jpg
    1002 x 866 - 562K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

Wow DAZ, one witch doctor set each not enough for Monique and Darius? lol :)

LOL. I admit, I remarked to a friend there was another witch doctor/vodoo explosion of content for black people.

And I admit, I am just wanting some really nice African American hair. Which I sorely lack.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

Thought I'd post this here as well. Used Darius plus some of Zev0's Aging and Face Weight morphs.

@Storypilot: Love this. Amazingly realistic work

Darius the guard

@ MR. Poser: Wow, looks cool. Love your use of color, and Darius looks like a guard not to mess with!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Thanks SereneNight :)

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Thought I'd post this here as well. Used Darius plus some of Zev0's Aging and Face Weight morphs.

That's sweet!

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Wow DAZ, one witch doctor set each not enough for Monique and Darius? lol :)

I know, right?

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Here's what FWSI Marie looks like without Monique.. rendered at the same tiem as I did the others but couldn't post it then. =)
    (Base G2F on the Left, rendered with the lights she comes with)

Marie.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 331K
  • mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

so...that promo image on the daz3d.com jump page...
    wow...amazing.
    good looking renders. Just wow.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Haven't been so excited about a character for genesis 2 since... um. I forget, short memory :P

BUT WOW. <3</p>

Haven't had time to play with Darius yet, SOON SOON SOON but Monique... I just can't get over how detailed it is... just stunning!!

Here's a render closeup I did... i can't tell if i like it better in color in monochrome!

Radiant_2.jpg
    1544 x 1500 - 919K
    Radiant1.jpg
    1544 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah and i have a LAMH preset for Monique almost done, will hopefully upload it soon to freepository and the LAMH website :)

You can see the hair here in this pic i did with plenty of magic effects (ron's brushes, hinky's magic/water, ron's lights) and used Sickleyield's gemling for genesis 2 and gemologic and Sparkle shaders from Fisty, and DA eye glow shaders....um can't think of the rest.

And of course, MONIQUE and LAMH :)

PowerfulBeauty1.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Those are terrific renders Belovedalia!!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah and i have a LAMH preset for Monique almost done, will hopefully upload it soon to freepository and the LAMH website :)

You can see the hair here in this pic i did with plenty of magic effects (ron's brushes, hinky's magic/water, ron's lights) and used Sickleyield's gemling for genesis 2 and gemologic and Sparkle shaders from Fisty, and DA eye glow shaders....um can't think of the rest.

And of course, MONIQUE and LAMH :)

oh i LOVELOVE this one!!! Fantastic!!!!

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Best black hair I've ever seen rendered, it looks completely real even though it's green. The texture on it is perfect for straightened hair and the style is plausible.. looks like you could reach into the picture and brush it. Really amazing.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,969
    edited December 1969

I'm really hoping some talented folks start doing some Genesis 2 LAMH presets. I find it a bit overwhelming, myself, for anything more complex than 'put hair everywhere'

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Best black hair I've ever seen rendered, it looks completely real even though it's green. The texture on it is perfect for straightened hair and the style is plausible.. looks like you could reach into the picture and brush it. Really amazing.

The hair is using your sparkle hair sparkling velvet shaders Fisty :D It's still one of my favorites to use for hair! I used black sparkle at first but then went overboard adding green highlights then went all green. hehe.