Monique 6 & Darius 6 Thread

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    DAMMIT IT!!!!! I was only asking YESTERDAY for some great african/african american/jamaican etc skins for Gen2F, with awesome DS mats.....and I bought an oldie last night.

If the PC got sneak peeks like we're apparently SUPPOSED to, I might have known about this a week ago and not wasted my damn money on an older product. Cos they look FANTASTIC.

Can you return them still if you only bought them last week?

yep, only bought them last night.

• KhoyanKhoyan Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Monique and Darius look amazing, and so does some of the companion products. I love the thick dreads for G2M and I love, love, love the short cropped Omri hair! What a fantastic duo these two are!

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

This is one of the few times I'm severely tempted by the pro bundles. Not that I can afford them.

• KhoyanKhoyan Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

I can't either, but there's a lot of the products in the pro bundle that I don't want or need. I'll either get the starter bundle or cherry pick over time. Skin, hair and certain kinds of outfits is what I want most. But nevertheless, these are THE best releases so far this year, in my opinion :D :D

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

I agree. One way or another, at the very least, I'll have both models, and a few other things. Just have to choose what I want most besides the wonderful couple themselves. Even if I buy nothing else during March madness, this makes the whole thing worth it to me.

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    And yet still waiting for male companions for Stephanie 6, Girl 6 and Aiko 6 and any others I have missed..

I've never seen a counterpart for the Girl, however Hiro 6 and David 6 are missing.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    They look gorgeous, but I really don't need the stuff in the pro bundles (okay, FW Cayman is a strong temptation). That said, I'll probably wait until I see what the benefit for folks who bought stuff during the last days before MM started is, before picking the Pro vs. Starter bundles. Truth be told, the extra 10% off makes it pretty tempting, as I can easily see spending enough for that to pay for itself.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    They look gorgeous, but I really don't need the stuff in the pro bundles (okay, FW Cayman is a strong temptation). That said, I'll probably wait until I see what the benefit for folks who bought stuff during the last days before MM started is, before picking the Pro vs. Starter bundles. Truth be told, the extra 10% off makes it pretty tempting, as I can easily see spending enough for that to pay for itself.

-- Morgan

I wondered that too - I thought a coupon or something was going to show up. But I just put Monique base figure in my cart to see what happened, and there's a tiny bit of an extra discount. So maybe it will be automatic?

edited December 1969

Greetings,

jakiblue said:
    I wondered that too - I thought a coupon or something was going to show up. But I just put Monique base figure in my cart to see what happened, and there's a tiny bit of an extra discount. So maybe it will be automatic?
    There's a thread over here which notes that the discounts will be going out at 10am MST, which is like...9am Pacific (PST), if that helps any. It'll probably take a bit for their email to get out to everybody, but you should have it in their morning.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    jakiblue said:
    There's a thread over here which notes that the discounts will be going out at 10am MST, which is like...9am Pacific (PST), if that helps any. It'll probably take a bit for their email to get out to everybody, but you should have it in their morning.

-- Morgan

yeah, none of the DO's are showing the discount. So it's what....about 2am MST time now?

Bit weird, that the discount coupon (or whatever it is) is going out 8 hours AFTER the new releases hit the store. What happens to the people who want to buy something now, and then get their discount sent to them AFTER?

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    jakiblue said:

-- Morgan

Does anyone remember what it actually said? Did it say how much the discount was, or what you could use it on? Any MM item?

edited December 1969

Greetings,

jakiblue said:
    yeah, none of the DO's are showing the discount. So it's what....about 2am MST time now?Yeah, almost.Bit weird, that the discount coupon (or whatever it is) is going out 8 hours AFTER the new releases hit the store. What happens to the people who want to buy something now, and then get their discount sent to them AFTER?
    Not sure what you mean by 'none of the DO's are showing the discount', as the DO's in MM are definitely showing the MM discount...just nothing more. I imagine (or, I hope) that folks who get the discount (probably a coupon) email in the morning, can also happily use it on their next purchase.

But given that I wanna buy Darius and Monique, I'm holding off on my first MM purchase until I get that email, 'cause it'll make more difference on that purchase if it's a percentage off. If it's a fixed dollar amount off, it wouldn't matter...

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    ........Not sure what you mean by 'none of the DO's are showing the discount', as the DO's in MM are definitely showing the MM discount...just nothing more. I imagine (or, I hope) that folks who get the discount (probably a coupon) email in the morning, can also happily use it on their next purchase.

But given that I wanna buy Darius and Monique, I'm holding off on my first MM purchase until I get that email, 'cause it'll make more difference on that purchase if it's a percentage off. If it's a fixed dollar amount off, it wouldn't matter...

-- Morgan

oh, what I meant was that if the discount was being applied automatically in the cart (the discount you received if you purchased a new item the other day), it wasn't showing on the DO's.

The actual normal proper discount is definitely showing, just not the extra one if you were eligible (which I am)
    Sorry for the confusion there!

• marymary Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

*looks in email* omg thank you, thank you yaaaay......*walks off to find card*

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I was hoping for another black male. Pleasantly surprised by 3.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited February 2015

Vhardamis said:
    ghosty12 said:
    And yet still waiting for male companions for Stephanie 6, Girl 6 and Aiko 6 and any others I have missed..

I've never seen a counterpart for the Girl, however Hiro 6 and David 6 are missing.
    http://www.daz3d.com/guy-4-michael-4

Same guy who made She Freak, too. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited December 1969

I would just like to say I don't think FW Cayman looks at all like me. Plus, I don't wear earrings.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Oh my goodness! I can't believe i squealed loud enough over these GORGEOUS packs! Can't afford them right now (hey, it's that time of year, just paid school tuition, gymnastic tuition, and school uniform) so many in a couple weeks....but oh man oh oh man! Fabulous they look amazing! Did I say that already? ;)

My only doubt/question, is that in one of the expressions packs, it looks like monique's teeth, the lower ones, are gray, and the upper ones white. It doesn't LOOK like a shadow issue. There's no clear pictures or big toothy smiles so I don't know.... hoping someone can show me. :)

Meantime, both pro sets are wishlisted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And THANK you Daz folks and vendors for these awesome characters! Love them!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2015

Darius 6 and Monique 6 are great! Finally, after Raiya made the wonderful characters Tyler and Felicity, DAZ too found a way to make a black character look really 'African'. I spent enough time in Africa to know a bit about how people look there. People look very different in the different regions of this really HUGE continent, and the new figures present a nice mixture of African types. Most of the outfits are stereotyping like other 'ethnic' outfits (e.g. Martial Arts and 'Asian Princess' outfits for Lee 6/Mei Lin 6), but I couldn't resist some of them; they are nicely made.

BUT:
    I didn't get any MM coupon, as it was promised some days ago. I got a fine discount on Darius and Monique, but I think this was the discount everybody gets if you buy two or more new MM items.

After this purchase, I put two other new items ('Omri Hair' and 'Aether Outfit') into my cart and added 'Collective3d Bathroom Stuff', which should be free if I buy two or more new releases, but nothing happened. OMG....

EDIT 2-27-2015: Today I found the coupon, and the 'Bathroom Stuff' was free – together with a new purchase ... But I would have bought SWAM's marvellous looking 'Medea Hair' and OziChick's cute 'River' anyway – bathroom or no bathroom ;-)

Post edited by caravelle on
  • barberoybarberoy Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Darius 6 and Monique 6 both look fantastic but I wasn't expecting March Madness to start until...um...March.

At the moment both pro bundles are in my cart at $42.50 each, those anyone know how long that discount will run?

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

no idea....but this and next month are going to be hurting for money here... i mean we just finished a week of unpaid vacation (Chinese New Year) plus the start of new term stuff....
    I'm hoping it'll be on sale all month, but even if its not, it just means i have to be patient and wait longer. all their bundles EVENTUALLY go back on sale, and I just have to hope that future sale will be as awesome. And keep my wishlist growing. :) At least its really really awesomely nice to see such gorgeous characters like today's!!! <3</p>

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

They both look great, I may have to find some cash to buy them.

But Luthbel's new Urban Survivors for G2M & G2F looks great too. Great job in making realistic looking everyday clothing. It's nice to see that.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Probably a stupid question... but... I'll ask anyway.

Can Textures that are made for Monique (or Gia or Giselle or whateverothercharactermadeforg2fbutasaspecialcharacterandnotjustamorph) be used on g2f if one doesn't have the character (monique or others), or are they useable only if one has these characters?

• barberoybarberoy Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

no idea....but this and next month are going to be hurting for money here... i mean we just finished a week of unpaid vacation (Chinese New Year) plus the start of new term stuff....
    I'm hoping it'll be on sale all month, but even if its not, it just means i have to be patient and wait longer. all their bundles EVENTUALLY go back on sale, and I just have to hope that future sale will be as awesome. And keep my wishlist growing. :) At least its really really awesomely nice to see such gorgeous characters like today's!!! <3<br />

True, everything eventually goes back on sale. I think new items slip back to 30% off after a day or two. At the moment with the two bundles in the cart there's something like 69% off, which is about as good as it gets.

edited December 1969

Probably a stupid question... but... I'll ask anyway.

Can Textures that are made for Monique (or Gia or Giselle or whateverothercharactermadeforg2fbutasaspecialcharacterandnotjustamorph) be used on g2f if one doesn't have the character (monique or others), or are they useable only if one has these characters?

You have to check the UV for each item to see what UV scheme it uses. If it uses the UV specific to Gia then you have to own Gia for it to work, etc.

Some vendors will make a character for a specific model, like Gia, but will use the default G2F UV for the skin.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Thank you TimG :)

edited December 1969

Thank you TimG :)

No problem. The UV is usually listed down in the notes, over to the right side.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

I snapped these two up. I'm a bit surprised that their included outfits were so...well stereotyped but I still grabbed them.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I snapped these two up. I'm a bit surprised that their included outfits were so...well stereotyped but I still grabbed them.

Most of the ethnic character bundles have been just as stereotyped. I think people more easily notice "black" stereotypes as opposed to say, Asian ones.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get these now as money is something I don't have much of since I've been sick.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

Most of the ethnic character bundles have been just as stereotyped. I think people more easily notice "black" stereotypes as opposed to say, Asian ones.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get these now as money is something I don't have much of since I've been sick.

I noticed it with Lee but I suppose it didn't feel as blatant. Or maybe I was just like "oh sweet, Kung Fu outfits, hell yeah!"