Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited February 2016

Right now the only thing I can think of...

Create a new folder in the root path of one of your hard drives (ie: C:/DazPoses) Then go to your My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\(the SKU #) and you will see the 'normal' paths that you got with DIM or Manual downloads. You more then likely see a folder called people. Copy that folder over to the new folder you created... Then you can use that new folder to select your poses from. Pose .duf files are not very big, so this shouldn't take up much space on your hard drive. If you plan on doing some cleaning up in this copied folder (deleting none Pose .duf files and such) be sure to not delete the corresponding .png file for the Pose .duf files.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

All you have to do is look at the information tab to get the SKU/Product ID. So when your looking at poses to convert simply click one in the group and then look in the Info tab.

• Khory said:

All you have to do is look at the information tab to get the SKU/Product ID. So when your looking at poses to convert simply click one in the group and then look in the Info tab.

Problem with that is you can't access the Daz Studio information tab while the script is open.

Good point. I guess I have never used it when I wasn't doing a whole batch at once.

• Khory said:

Good point. I guess I have never used it when I wasn't doing a whole batch at once.

This is for Pose Builder.. Not Converter :)

With Pose Builder you select different poses to apply to specific areas like arms, left leg, head to create a new pose.

well then.. never mind.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,924

Right now the only thing I can think of...

Create a new folder in the root path of one of your hard drives (ie: C:/DazPoses) Then go to your My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\(the SKU #) and you will see the 'normal' paths that you got with DIM or Manual downloads. You more then likely see a folder called people. Copy that folder over to the new folder you created... Then you can use that new folder to select your poses from. Pose .duf files are not very big, so this shouldn't take up much space on your hard drive. If you plan on doing some cleaning up in this copied folder (deleting none Pose .duf files and such) be sure to not delete the corresponding .png file for the Pose .duf files.

This is working for me, but it won't remember that folder location when I want to select the pose for the next body part. Is there a way that I can make it start in that folder location each time it opens a window to select a pose location?

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited February 2016

It should remember where you looked the last time, on all of the select poses.

So, just go thru each one and select a pose... You don't have to apply them all :) And the next time you go to select a pose it will go the last folder you had selected.

The actual value is in registers, and if you don't know how to work with registers..... DON'T EVEN TRY.... Experts don't even like to mess with regedit

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,924
    edited February 2016

It should remember where you looked the last time, on all of the select poses.

So, just go thru each one and select a pose... You don't have to apply them all :) And the next time you go to select a pose it will go the last folder you had selected.

The actual value is in registers, and if you don't know how to work with registers..... DON'T EVEN TRY.... Experts don't even like to mess with regedit

I'm using DS 4.9.1.21 Beta Hot Fix. It isn't remembering for me. Have you tried it in DS 4.9 or the beta? I put my poses in a folder in the desktop.

EDIT: Now it seems to be working! Thanks for your quick help. I don't know why it wasn't working earlier, but now it is.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

Do either of these products work for the guys? I do see Genesis 2 male mentioned for 2 of the products. But the latest one doesn't mention Genesis 3 male. Maybe that's coming?

The older ones say Genesis, but it doesn't specifiy if that is the Genesis male too.

Thanks

• Hi i was wondering since gen 3 has extra bones then gen2, is there a way to animate genesis 2 to gen 3 males walking ? i ve been wondering about this for some time but can't really fnd any answer's.

I have tried draagon storms animation conversation but only have noticed it only works exclusively for gen 3 females, since all the other walking conversations seem to work only for genesis amd genesis 2 males ?

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    KevinH said:

Do either of these products work for the guys? I do see Genesis 2 male mentioned for 2 of the products. But the latest one doesn't mention Genesis 3 male. Maybe that's coming?

The older ones say Genesis, but it doesn't specifiy if that is the Genesis male too.

Thanks

Poser Builder for Genesis 3 works fine for G3F and G3M. Likewise the pose batch converter will convert both G2M and G2F poses to Genesis 3. Like all converted poses, the final result is close, but not identical, so some minor tweaking will be needed.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

Thanks, Havos. Guess I'll have to pick them up then.

• Hi - I am finally getting the hang of it, but on some of the poses - I get this error - 

"An error occurred while reading the file - see log file for more details"

The log file:

D:/3d/daz/Converted/Shackled! 2/04 - Smartprops G2M/Shackles Wrists.duf (4324,4): Unexpected character
    Error reading file, see log for more details.

What do you think - something I can fix?

• Zforearm convert not working how can I fix it?

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Hi, using posebuilder for genesis male 2- I remember using this before no problem last year. However now when I select a figure and bring up the script, there are no buttons on the lower part of the window to enable the script. In the upper part I can assign an upper and lower pose and click through the different tabs. I can even get the adjustments and cameras to move the figure sligntly as they should but I cant get the assigned poses to be put on the figure.

anyone know what I am missing?

windows 10

D|S4.9.2 ...something

• drgmc2drgmc2 Posts: 16

trying to use V4 to Genesis 2 Pose Converter, when loading app message appears that the following file was missing

data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf

am using Daz 4.9.2.70, when I look for that file I can find it in data/daz 3d/genesis/female/uv sets/daz 3d/base/victoria 4.dsf

any way I can fix this? Thanks.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited June 2016

Do you have the updated version of the product? Pretty sure it was changed to look for base uv instead of V4.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • drgmc2drgmc2 Posts: 16
    edited June 2016

I apologize for posting this in the Pose Builder forum, I do own Pose Builder and the G2 to G3 Pose Converter apps. The program says version 1.1 at the top. I purchased it in April of this year. The G2 to G3 application does not post that file message when I start it. Thanks for the quick response.  

Post edited by drgmc2 on
  • Hi. Just bought both pose converters so I can convert my V4/M4 poses to g3 male/female. The files comvert, but every time I try to use the converted poses on G3, I get "An error occured while reading the file. Please see the log file for more details." What gives? And I noticed that the converted files are DSON, which don't generally work with my copy of Daz 4.9. I hope this can be fixed, cos I really rather need these converters to work. Thank you.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

Hi. Just bought both pose converters so I can convert my V4/M4 poses to g3 male/female. The files comvert, but every time I try to use the converted poses on G3, I get "An error occured while reading the file. Please see the log file for more details." What gives? And I noticed that the converted files are DSON, which don't generally work with my copy of Daz 4.9. I hope this can be fixed, cos I really rather need these converters to work. Thank you.

DSON doesn't work wih Studio 4.9? Its the native file format for Studio. That sounds like you have a larger problem.

• The error is what you will see trying to use a preset without having the target item selected in the scene.

• rickfoxxx7@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 186
    edited July 2016

I can't run "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" nor "Pose Builder" on Daz 4.7. I get this message when I load the scripts "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details" and in the log this apprears: 

WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.
    DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.

Any help no upgrade?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Sounds like a Valentina issue - its vulnerability to corruption is a major reason for the move to PostgreSQL (which you can use with 4.7). You may need to export your user-data and try resetting the database, then reimporting Metadata - possibly switching to PostgreSQL before reimporting. See https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207530323-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

• Thanks for the reply. I've reseted database but I get the same message and also this appears in the log: 

WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Open error: Dynamic SQL error.
    DB Open error: Dynamic SQL error.

• So you reset and reimported metadata? Are Samrt Content and the Category lists working?

• So you reset and reimported metadata? Are Samrt Content and the Category lists working?

Yes, I reset and reimported metadata but Smart content is not working anymore.

• rf2016 said:

So you reset and reimported metadata? Are Samrt Content and the Category lists working?

Yes, I reset and reimported metadata but Smart content is not working anymore.

If you've worked through the steps in the troublshooter for Smart Content with Valentina I'm not sure what to suggest - other than switching to PostgreSQL and seeing if that works (the two databases are separate so if you again reimport the Userdata you will have a clean start, and won't do anything to the Valentina settings).

• AtiAti Posts: 9,127

The datasheet for http://www.daz3d.com/pose-builder-for-genesis-3 says it only works with G3F, but above I read that it works with G3M as well. Just to make sure: does it?

Thanks!

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2016

Ati Pose Builder works with G3M, even using G3F poses and hand poses. Just tried.

Post edited by xmasrose on